Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE

Gimperial posted:

To be honest it's a pretty good deal, I've been using it since he posted it and have had great speeds and no problems with retention, at less than half what I was paying before.

He should just have posted it in SA-mart, not here.

e: and with the code it's $4.50 a month, not $7. just hope he doesn't cancel it :(

He expired it already. So now his service is actually more than the yearly super news deal. Good business strategy friend!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gimperial
Oct 5, 2006

And then there was silence...

Nitr0 posted:

He expired it already. So now his service is actually more than the yearly super news deal. Good business strategy friend!!!

For new signups yes, but my recurring paypal sub is still $4.50.. guess i'll find out next month.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
Something seems to be broken over at nzbs.org, everything newer than 10 hours is coming up "NZB Missing". I'm betting they ran out of disk space somewhere.

zeekner
Jul 14, 2007

Gimperial posted:

To be honest it's a pretty good deal, I've been using it since he posted it and have had great speeds and no problems with retention, at less than half what I was paying before.

He should just have posted it in SA-mart, not here.

e: and with the code it's $4.50 a month, not $7. just hope he doesn't cancel it :(

It looks like he did post it in SA-Mart, but he probably got autobanned for the 7 month rule. Bummer.

Looks like a pretty nice deal, though.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Is anyone else having issues with nzbs.org not actually sending NZBs? If you send it to sabnzbd, it says "failed to load url" and if you try to download the straight nzb to your computer the site says "file missing". This is for any nzb and I've already tried logging out and back in.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

Bucket Joneses posted:

Is anyone else having issues with nzbs.org not actually sending NZBs? If you send it to sabnzbd, it says "failed to load url" and if you try to download the straight nzb to your computer the site says "file missing". This is for any nzb and I've already tried logging out and back in.

Yeah I think that dude two posts above you is. Nobody knows why but you should be using nzb.su if possible anyway.

Posts Only Secrets
Jan 22, 2005
Breaking the NDA...

Bucket Joneses posted:

I just tried manually grabbing a file and letting sickbeard grab one, both worked. No problems here.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Does anyone use the MacOS .app version of sabnzbd? Any suggestions how I can tell it to download files to /Volumes/SomeOtherVolume/Downloads instead of ~/Downloads? It's my impression that the path tree is locked to my home directory.

Odette
Mar 19, 2011

I just tried grabbing a whole season of a random TV show from nzb.su and it keeps ... not loading?

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

Martytoof posted:

Does anyone use the MacOS .app version of sabnzbd? Any suggestions how I can tell it to download files to /Volumes/SomeOtherVolume/Downloads instead of ~/Downloads? It's my impression that the path tree is locked to my home directory.

I do. In Config -> Folders, I use absolute paths to my download directories and have no issues. I believe if you just put "complete" or whatnot, it expands that to ~/Downloads/complete.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Martytoof posted:

Have you tried giving sabnzbd the absolute path (as in your post)? That should work.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I hadn't but I will now. The simplest solutions are the ones that evade me :downs:

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Has anyone else had a situation where a download appears to be complete, but sabnzbd doesn't want to start working on it? Right now I've got 2 downloads in my queue that have 0:00:00 left, have finished downloading, but haven't moved to the history column to start the verify/repair/unpacking process. They've both been there for 15 minutes now. I'm not too concerned about it, I'll assume it'll get done eventually, just wondering what the problem is.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

vikingstrike posted:

I do. In Config -> Folders, I use absolute paths to my download directories and have no issues. I believe if you just put "complete" or whatnot, it expands that to ~/Downloads/complete.

Uh followup, I'm not at my sab machine right now so I can't verify, but do you have spaces in your path? Mine is /Volumes/Mac Storage/Downloads, not sure whether I should escape it as Mac\ Storage or "Mac Storage" or..

Gimperial
Oct 5, 2006

GobiasIndustries posted:

Has anyone else had a situation where a download appears to be complete, but sabnzbd doesn't want to start working on it? Right now I've got 2 downloads in my queue that have 0:00:00 left, have finished downloading, but haven't moved to the history column to start the verify/repair/unpacking process. They've both been there for 15 minutes now. I'm not too concerned about it, I'll assume it'll get done eventually, just wondering what the problem is.

Try restart sabnzbd.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

Martytoof posted:

Uh followup, I'm not at my sab machine right now so I can't verify, but do you have spaces in your path? Mine is /Volumes/Mac Storage/Downloads, not sure whether I should escape it as Mac\ Storage or "Mac Storage" or..

I don't have spaces in my path names, but I would try it first without the escaping. Unless it fails, I would assume they coded it in a way that it doesn't need to be escaped. (I could 100% be wrong about this.)

Odette
Mar 19, 2011

What's up with NZBMatrix? I've been getting this message all week from their main site. Still upgrading?

"dbconn: mysql_connect: Host 'nzbmatrix.com' is blocked because of many connection errors; unblock with 'mysqladmin flush-hosts'"

Lenins Potato
May 8, 2008

Odette posted:

What's up with NZBMatrix? I've been getting this message all week from their main site. Still upgrading?

"dbconn: mysql_connect: Host 'nzbmatrix.com' is blocked because of many connection errors; unblock with 'mysqladmin flush-hosts'"

They're getting new hardware.

http://nzbmatrix.info/ has some more info.

Odette
Mar 19, 2011

Lenins Potato posted:

They're getting new hardware.

http://nzbmatrix.info/ has some more info.

Ah cool, thanks!

.Ataraxia.
Apr 3, 2007

I think my NES is broken....
Uggg looks like my ISP has began throttling my connection. Funny how I finally decided to sign a contract with them to save some cash and my connection goes to poo poo. The stupid thing is, they seem to be throttling ALL traffic, not just Usenet. I can't even loving watch Netflix anymore.

My downloads will start out at full speed on Sabnzbd, but after about a minute or so they will drop to 60 kb/s. My connection isn't super hot to begin with (2.0 Mbps), but this is really starting to make me mad. Especially considering I use my connection to remote into my work desktop and work from home very often.

Anybody have any experience in dealing with throttling issues?

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

Odette posted:

I know NZBMatrix is getting new hardware, but that seems strange. I've been able to access the site most of the time all week. It's only late in the evening when the site typically becomes unresponsive. Either way, I think the upgrades are supposed to be done today probably going to take a while.

inpheaux
Jul 12, 2001

.Ataraxia. posted:

Anybody have any experience in dealing with throttling issues?
1) Make sure you're using SSL
2) Make sure you're on an HTTP port like 80 or 443, NOT 119 or 563 which are specifically for NNTP traffic

If you're still getting throttled your ISP is loving retarded and is absolutely throttling all traffic, even traffic it should be respecting (like, SSH tunnels used for remote administration), get a new ISP.

diapermeat
Feb 10, 2009
Anyone having issues loading NZBSRUS?

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE
no

.Ataraxia.
Apr 3, 2007

inpheaux posted:

1) Make sure you're using SSL
2) Make sure you're on an HTTP port like 80 or 443, NOT 119 or 563 which are specifically for NNTP traffic

If you're still getting throttled your ISP is loving retarded and is absolutely throttling all traffic, even traffic it should be respecting (like, SSH tunnels used for remote administration), get a new ISP.

Yah I'm pretty sure they are throttling me across the board. I've tried every port I can with supernews. Also, Glasnost has given me a few positives on HTTP throttling. Scumbag ISP. I signed the contract and pretty much exactly when my 7 day grace period ended I start getting this bullshit. At least the CRTC requires them to publish/disclose their policies on traffic shaping, something my ISP has not done so maybe I can pursue that avenue to get out of my contract.

Good thing I have a whole TWO ISPs to choose from in my area.

Lusername
Sep 22, 2005
The truth is just an excuse for a lack of imagination.

diapermeat posted:

Anyone having issues loading NZBSRUS?

http://www.myce.com/news/mpa-shuts-down-nzbsrus-usenet-index-site-53926/

Softcox
Jul 13, 2004

But I will not hesitate.
Not for a second.
Does the time zone you are in affect SickBeard marking shows as "missed"? Nearly every episode that gets downloaded shows up first in my missed section in upcoming episodes and then only downloads when backlogging kicks in. DOES SICKBEARD DISCRIMINATE AGAINST AUSTRALIANS? :australia: Or am I retarded?

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Softcox posted:

Does the time zone you are in affect SickBeard marking shows as "missed"? Nearly every episode that gets downloaded shows up first in my missed section in upcoming episodes and then only downloads when backlogging kicks in. DOES SICKBEARD DISCRIMINATE AGAINST AUSTRALIANS? :australia: Or am I retarded?

Probably. I don't think it has any concept of timezones (either yours or the shows), just whatever date thetvdb says when an episode airs. By the time shows air in the US, it's already "tomorrow" in Australia, so it thinks it missed them.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Softcox posted:

I think it is based on local time. Assuming it's still pulling from TheTVDB, it's looking at US/Eastern air times as far as I've seen. If you have a show that airs at 9 PM on Tuesday here in the States, it's still an hour from airing as I type this, but if you're in Sydney your computer sees that it's 11 AM on Wednesday, thus it thinks the episode aired 14 hours ago.

e:f;b

Softcox
Jul 13, 2004

But I will not hesitate.
Not for a second.

tk posted:

Probably. I don't think it has any concept of timezones (either yours or the shows), just whatever date thetvdb says when an episode airs. By the time shows air in the US, it's already "tomorrow" in Australia, so it thinks it missed them.

Yeah this makes sense. Would be good to have a time offset option in SB, so you could say "yo I'm 10 hours ahead of US East time" etc.

SlipperyNipple
Jan 24, 2010

inpheaux posted:

Also, you're just another Highwinds reseller, right? What differentiates you from all the other Highwinds resellers?

Apparently nothing or possibly worse I guess, if the squabble he got in on Slickdeals is any indication. Looks like someone downloaded to fast, he got scared about his $$$ and decided to take issue with anyone who has over 50 MBits now. Riiiightttt. Highwinds sucks for throttling to begin with but I think this takes the cake. No thanks.

.Ataraxia.
Apr 3, 2007

Just an update about my ISP throttling saga. They continue to deny it. My only alternative ISP is pretty much known as the cancer of ISPs in rural Canada (Xplornet). So I VPN'd that bitch using StrongVPNs OpenVPN package. No more throttling, and I can use Hulu now (GF is loving this so hard). Plus I'm still up $10 over not being on a contract with my ISP. gently caress you Platinum Communications, (and or Bell, if the throttling was on the backbone)

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

Softcox posted:

Yes, I'm also in Australia and this is on old request that I've commented on from time to time.
http://code.google.com/p/sickbeard/issues/detail?id=127

It doesn't have any priority because it isn't actually a showstopper. Which is fair enough - it still downloads the episodes when they become available, it just stuffs up the schedule.

Some people have mentioned changing the time that SickBeard thinks it is, but it looks like the system time is called in numerous areas. I guess I could override the system time call?

Muppet Danny Brown
Sep 24, 2006

Smell like a penguin
Should I go for nzbmatrix or newzbin? Anyways, requesting a newzbin invite, thanks.

Gimperial
Oct 5, 2006

Symbolized posted:

Should I go for nzbmatrix or newzbin? Anyways, requesting a newzbin invite, thanks.

need your email

Ashex
Jun 25, 2007

These pipes are cleeeean!!!

deep square leg posted:

Yes, I'm also in Australia and this is on old request that I've commented on from time to time.
http://code.google.com/p/sickbeard/issues/detail?id=127

It doesn't have any priority because it isn't actually a showstopper. Which is fair enough - it still downloads the episodes when they become available, it just stuffs up the schedule.

Some people have mentioned changing the time that SickBeard thinks it is, but it looks like the system time is called in numerous areas. I guess I could override the system time call?

I just did a quick search and found this library that should do it.

Newtie
Dec 4, 2008

Symbolized posted:

I've been using NZBMatrix for around two years, with no complaints bar their occasional sluggish site response & downtime (hopefully fixed with their hardware upgrades). From what I can gather, there's little enough to separate the two any more & NZBMatrix only requires a one-time small payment to get VIP status there.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

Ashex posted:

I just did a quick search and found this library that should do it.

Interesting! I won't be using it on Windows, though. But anyway, I do think I could just override the python method that returns the system time (but I don't care enough to try).

Fcdts26
Mar 18, 2009
Are people trusting newzbin again? I always thought the consensus was to stay away from them? To answer PP question I would go with Nzbmatrix.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gimperial
Oct 5, 2006

Nask26 posted:

Are people trusting newzbin again? I always thought the consensus was to stay away from them? To answer PP question I would go with Nzbmatrix.

I've been using it since it came back up and haven't had any problems, then again I'm not paying for the account, there's about 10 of us sharing it...