Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Oxxidation posted:

Now someone needs to get Davesprite/Jadesprite avs.

Just an endless line of people turning their heads to the right.

The artist drew a John in the same pose, so he wouldnt feel left out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forebodingburger
Jul 23, 2010

Sever your leg, please.

KoB posted:

The artist drew a John in the same pose, so he wouldnt feel left out.

You know what you have to do, then.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

http://sappireitrenore.deviantart.com/art/Karkat-cosplay-266440744

This photo is the best cosplay ever.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Admiral Lasers posted:

Where did this come from? it looks like it was done by the same person that did those excellent Ace Attorney and MGS comics, and it would be awesome if she made homestuck stuff like this too!

It looks like Gigi Digi who does the wonderful Cucumber Quest as well.

RentCavalier
Jul 10, 2008

by T. Finninho

JT Jag posted:

Karkat's Hero of Blood power may literally be Being The Troll Messiah. That is, uniting the various different bloodlines of the trolls, and keeping the team together and functional as long as possible.

Wait wait wait.

This post.

Are you, sir, saying that one Andrew Hussie is depicting an Jesus allegory as a neurotic, self-loathing, socially awkward and, of course, incredibly angry Internet troll?

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

RentCavalier posted:

Wait wait wait.

This post.

Are you, sir, saying that one Andrew Hussie is depicting an Jesus allegory as a neurotic, self-loathing, socially awkward and, of course, incredibly angry Internet troll?

I think he is.

But hey real-world Jegus flipped his poo poo every once in a while too so it works?

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

GenericOverusedName posted:

I think he is.

But hey real-world Jegus flipped his poo poo every once in a while too so it works?

Considering he already did that with The Sufferer, yeah, wouldn't surprise me.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

King of Solomon posted:

Considering he already did that with The Sufferer, yeah, wouldn't surprise me.

Really, it's gotta be a very special kind of lovely feeling to know you're the descendant of the messiah, and then give a whole universe cancer.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
Does that mean John is the antichrist? :ohdear:

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Does John love Adam Sandler films? I forget.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

wdarkk posted:

Does John love Adam Sandler films? I forget.

None that we know of, but Karkat has a poster of Troll 50 First Dates (insert mock troll title here).

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

President Ark posted:

Does that mean John is the antichrist? :ohdear:

Yes.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

GenericOverusedName posted:

Yes.

You know, if the end of days is as happy as John is, I don't think I'd really mind.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Nobody ever expected that the meeting of Jegus and anti-Jegus would result in a light-hearted buddy comedy.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Thinking of taking this one, but I'm strapped for flavor text ideas.

I love the old av, but I need that newer more modern derpy Johnness.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Arrhythmia posted:

Really, it's gotta be a very special kind of lovely feeling to know you're the descendant of the messiah, and then give a whole universe cancer.

And that as a result literally every bad thing that has ever happened in that universe, at least on the cosmic scale, is your fault.

Skaia's got a sick sense of humor to use the most self-loathing but basically good-natured player as the agent of its prankish brand of predestination.

Captain Oblivious posted:

Comedy option:

EB: excuse me, it is called the wrinkle fucker, and it is totally amazing.

Oxxidation fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Nov 2, 2011

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

[color="#0715CD"]GT: i think i know what you mean.
GT: i feel like a long time ago, i might have given my dad the impression i really liked clowns?
GT: and now there are clowns everywhere, his stupid collection just keeps growing and growing, and it drives me CRAZY.[/color]

Cull lines as needed/desired.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

EB: no, rose!
EB: that sort of nonsense is exactly what is out of the question!

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

EB: it was kind of like you were torn from the pages of my favorite japanese mangas.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Oxxidation posted:

Definitely this, its one of my favorite lines.

Some Lined Paper
Sep 2, 2011

JOHN: wait a minute!
JOHN: i forgot, trolls hate cleaning products for some alien reason! shit, that's going to make everyone so uncomfortable.

Hanks Lust Cafe posted:

EB: it was kind of like you were torn from the pages of my favorite japanese mangas.

Gonna have to second this one.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Oxxidation posted:

I like this one. Or:

EB: jade, what if they get married or something???
EB: oh god, if rose became my sister too, that would wreak HAVOC on karkat's shipping diagram!

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

RentCavalier posted:

The best thing to come out of the Homestuck fandom.

creationist believer posted:

EB: oh god, if rose became my sister too, that would wreak HAVOC on karkat's shipping diagram!

Seconding this one.

Ammat The Ankh fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Nov 2, 2011

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

:aaa:

Holy crap!

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

I just lost my poo poo at shooshpapping the ocean.

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

Holy gently caress Biblestuck is amazing.

I want there to be more Biblestuck.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

creationist believer posted:

I like this one. Or:

EB: jade, what if they get married or something???

Aaaand we have a winner.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

I know the theme was "meaningful looks at an angle" but I just can't see John maintaining an expression that un-derpy.

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH
Since Act 6 begins 11/11/11, I wonder if the reset universe will have three 11 year old kids playing Sburb instead.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Dolash posted:

I know the theme was "meaningful looks at an angle" but I just can't see John maintaining an expression that un-derpy.

That's easy, he'd look completely non-derpy if he was saying something completely derpy with total sincerity at the time.

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

Fat_Cow posted:

http://sappireitrenore.deviantart.com/art/Karkat-cosplay-266440744

This photo is the best cosplay ever.

Maybe for cats, but the best human Karkat cosplay belongs to the cosplayers that embody that which is 'Karkat'.

Example: This past FanExpo, while I was re-entering the building after lunch, I caught a large group of people that were all cosplaying a different Homestuck troll, somewhere around 7-10 of them. They were congregated around an ATM waiting turns to take money out. The Karkat just so happened to be up when I passed by, and was vehemently swearing the gently caress out of the ATM. I assume it rejected his/her card, as I was able to cash out of it later the same day. Didn't get a chance to stop by (crowd control barriers, escalator down several floors in sequence), and never saw any of the fan-trolls again.

That is how you cosplay Karkat. Everything is answered LOUD AND WITH MANY, REPEATED, OBSCENITIES.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Boogaleeboo posted:

That's easy, he'd look completely non-derpy if he was saying something completely derpy with total sincerity at the time.

Yeah, he says things like "who cares what i dress like? it is what's inside the adventurer that counts." and "also, there is always hope for someone who has good friends to count on!" with a straight face.

I think the curtains in [S] Seer: Descend might foreshadow the start of Act 6. There were curtains representing Acts 1-4, 5.1 and 5.2 that you open, a big giant record representing the scratch, then 5 already open green curtains and then you open the sixth green curtain. My guess is that means act 6 would start in the post-scratch universe already progressed up to this point in the storyline, whatever point in the post-scratch universe would correspond with "now". Maybe the kid-guardians fighting the Black King about to succeed in their session. Or maybe that was Hussie's plan for Act 6 eight months ago and now he feels like fleshing out 4 new characters, who knows? v:v:v

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

You know I just realized how appropriate it is that Troll Jegus's words are in red.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I love how angry the Dolorosa is. Like everyone else might be in awe of the Troll Messiah, but clearly she still sees him as the angry baby gummyworm who probably chewed on everything.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Oh hey it's the Intermission!

Sweet Jesus I thought we'd be seeing something else

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
DOC SCRATCH IS LORD ENGLISH!!!!!!

And a clown?

Edit: He backdated it to Halloween. huh.

tinaun fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Nov 2, 2011

JamJars
Aug 2, 2004

you cannot beat me
I don't know if this makes my avatar horrifying or even more hilarious now.

Also this is probably the first time we've got any true voice acting for a flash!

Obscure Risk
Feb 23, 2009

TASed losers
Cya dopes

Yep, looks like the intermission is up.

And Scratch is Lord English. Neat.

Wasn't really expecting the flash to be as long as it was either, which is a pleasant surprise.

rokkit
Apr 2, 2010

HoNk hOnK HoNk hOnK HoNk!
Incredible Hulking Jolly Green Ahab Skullface Puppet Juggalo

I did not expect that. Man, Huss knows haw to bring the game back, after such a huge break...

HE WAS ALREADY HERE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style
That was, uh, something.

Maybe now we'll find out what the other 14 Felt were needed for; they seemed pretty useless on the whole.