Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Pretentious Owl
Mar 31, 2011

EB: it is true, it is a fact from an alien.

YggiDee posted:

Oh hey it's the Intermission!

Sweet Jesus I thought we'd be seeing something else

RIGHT

So that was legitimately horrifying!! That was... not expected!

I am happy to see Lord English as essentially a new character. But it looks like he's some sort of Subjugglator mixed with Li'l Cal? Which would make sense, what will Gamzee essentially willing Li'l Cal into existence; it would make sense for the subjugglator to be willing the likeness of his master.

Nice cameo from the Vast Honk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Oh cool, an updaaaaooooooohhhhhmygaaaahhhd

So I guess I was half-right by insisting it was Cal. Close enough for me!

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
Well. That sort of came out of left field. He is already here after all.
I'll miss Scratch somewhat, but I remember that he did have to die to bring LE into this reality.

Detective Buttfuck
Mar 30, 2011

Was that the Vast Honk?

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.
Holy poo poo, there's your Lord English... I really wasn't expecting that sort of transformation.

damn chimera
Jan 31, 2007

EMERGENCY
EMERGENCY
EMERGENCY
Whaaaaaaaaaat :stare:

He wasn't even revealed during a proper act

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style
And there goes the intermission.

Hussie, you troll.

Obscure Risk
Feb 23, 2009

TASed losers
Cya dopes

Intermission over, B+ overall. Not as good as the first. :colbert:

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence
As soon as English started playing I flipped the gently caress out so hard that I am now in stable orbit around Jupiter.

Jesus DICK, dudes. We have our final boss.

damn chimera
Jan 31, 2007

EMERGENCY
EMERGENCY
EMERGENCY
INTERMISSION OVER hahahah

damn chimera
Jan 31, 2007

EMERGENCY
EMERGENCY
EMERGENCY
I like how Hussie already managed to hurt the guy

rokkit
Apr 2, 2010

HoNk hOnK HoNk hOnK HoNk!
I guess Scratch really was an 'excellent host' after all.

(nightmares.)

Also, someone needs to tally the percentage of HS characters missing limbs. It's getting pretty high!

rokkit fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Nov 2, 2011

Ketzal
Feb 19, 2011

President of Hell
Grimey Drawer
Who wants to bet Aradia's going to have something to do with opening LE's sarcophagus?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Oh my God, the peg leg. The peg leg.

He's Skipper loving Plumbthroat.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Oxxidation posted:

I noticed this too.

I am flipping the gently caress out here.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Oh hey, an intermission! I can't wait to see how this seemingly unrelated bit of the story relates back to the main thing in a shocking way, like what happened with the last one!

[Entire flash is Lord English manifesting himself.]

Huh. I think I can hazard a guess as to how this is important.

And, I guess it's my own fault for psyching myself up for some sort of really neat twist, but Lord English just being hulk Doc Scratch seems... eh.

But it could lead to an interesting twist. If we are to assume that Lord English typically enters a universe by taking over the body of the Guardian powered by the Green Sun... that would mean that in our universe, he'd use Bec's body to enter the universe. Bec became a sprite, and then was merged with dead dream Jade, who was merged with real Jade, which means...

Jade is Lord English. Or at least, she'd become Lord English if he entered our universe the same way as the Trolls universe.

Of course, our universe was just reset, so I guess he's more likely to enter through post-scratch Bec or his equivalent.

Actually, I'm really interested to see post-scratch our universe in general, considering it sounds like the Troll's pre-Scratch world was a pretty nice normal place, post-Scratch Earth has the potential to be a really interestingly lovely place...

But I guess people are probably more interested in Lord English at the moment.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

rokkit posted:

I guess Scratch really was an 'excellent host' after all.

(nightmares.)
oh god

Bluemidget posted:

Was that the Vast Honk?
... Yes, I believe we can reasonably ascertain that that was indeed the Vast Honk. There cannot be any Honks that are any Vaster than that Honk. It is inconceivable.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Eiba posted:

Of course, our universe was just reset, so I guess he's more likely to enter through post-scratch Bec or his equivalent.
Bec likely won't exist in Post-Scratch Kid Universe, the first guardian will likely be manipulated into being a different manifestation of Doc Scratch. Bec likely doesn't even work as a link to Lord English, it probably has to directly be one of his "seeds".

Idunn
Apr 30, 2011

That's it?
Well that wasn't what I was expecting out of that intermission.

I really like the creepy Li'l Cal-influenced skull design but English's actual body is kinda boring and disappointing. I don't know what I expected from English, but he's so... generic bad guy monster. I think the skull makes up for it though.

Otherwise pretty sweet to see why exactly Doc Scratch had to die, other than the obvious universe ending bit.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Eiba posted:

And, I guess it's my own fault for psyching myself up for some sort of really neat twist, but Lord English just being hulk Doc Scratch seems... eh.

But it could lead to an interesting twist. If we are to assume that Lord English typically enters a universe by taking over the body of the Guardian powered by the Green Sun... that would mean that in our universe, he'd use Bec's body to enter the universe. Bec became a sprite, and then was merged with dead dream Jade, who was merged with real Jade, which means...

Jade is Lord English. Or at least, she'd become Lord English if he entered our universe the same way as the Trolls universe.

Everyone who was hoping one of our major characters would somehow become Lord English was setting themselves up for disappointment as far as I'm concerned. He was portrayed from the start as this inscrutable force with no clear objectives or motives beside an endless procession of universal destruction. Trying to take any of the kids and make them into that would've been just about impossible to pull off effectively, and would piss a lot of people off anyway even if it worked. Lots of people were betting on Doc Scratch because he was the only one with a direct connection to English in the first place. I was banking on Cal because he was exactly as unknowable and terrifying as Lord English. Exactly.

And seeing the intermission, I can't be sure if we'll get any kind of detailed origin story on him at all. How the gently caress does something that like come to exist? My only guess is that he was a prototyping accident similar to Bec Noir that just compounded his own power over countless iterations of Skaia. When such a complex process has basically gone on for infinity years, the odds of something going that horribly wrong are pretty high.

Oxxidation fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Nov 2, 2011

Lackey Man Ren
Sep 3, 2006
Open foot, insert mouth.... Wait, what?
Didn't someone in one of the past threads ask; if Lil' Cal is Lil', then who's Big Cal? 'Cause uhhhhhhhhh I think we just got that answer!

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

Well that isn't what I loving expected at all.

I don't know what to think about the transformation. I've been of the mind that any reveal of LE would end up being disappointing.

The "END INTERMISSION" thing is loving hilarious though.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Lackey Man Ren posted:

Didn't someone in one of the past threads ask; if Lil' Cal is Lil', then who's Big Cal? 'Cause uhhhhhhhhh I think we just got that answer!

Motherfuckin' called it :cool:

Actually plenty of other people guessed it too.

I just want to feel smug.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
That was unexpected. I was almost disappointed, but the fact that he's some sort of Mirthful Messiah makes up for it. Perhaps Gamzee really was the most important character in Homestuck. Or maybe it's a mutant green combination of Gamzee and Lil' Cal that together make the most important character. The important thing is, he is finally (already) here.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Oxxidation posted:

So does that mean he's the one killing the horrorterrors? But aren't they outside the universe?

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
Haha, I get why he backdated the update to be on Halloween. [S] Midnight Crew: Act 1031

Edit: Which, funnily enough, was also posted on 11/02.

creationist believer fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Nov 2, 2011

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Seoinin posted:

So does that mean he's the one killing the horrorterrors? But aren't they outside the universe?

I get the impression that if Lord English wants something dead then its current orientation in space and time isn't going to help it much.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

creationist believer posted:

Haha, I get why he backdated the update to be on Halloween. [S] Midnight Crew: Act 1031

man I miss that bolin soundtrack, though

Burgerbaron
Aug 25, 2008

by Ozmaugh
Just noticed he has Cal's gold tooth. Next time we seem him he will probably be flailing a sick jig.

Jewel
May 2, 2009

As my friend pointed out. Look what's on the ground http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=005109

:gonk:

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010
Well, there sure was the tick tock of a clock, not to mention breaking heads. And hey, two honks too!

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
What the hell did I just watch.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Seoinin posted:

Technically, so is everyone and everything else. Both universes exploded.

Tw1tchy posted:

As my friend pointed out. Look what's on the ground http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=005109

That's some pretty impressive foreshadowing, but how far back can we take it?

See also: The wolf's head.

Talorat posted:

I thought the troll's universe was destroyed in the EOA5 flash. How is it still around?
Stop thinking of time as a linear thing, because it stopped being that a long time ago.

Skeleton Mom fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Nov 2, 2011

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Tw1tchy posted:

Related: I just had it pointed out to me that Chicago Overcoat is slang for a coffin (knowing that would have explained its usage in PS).

So I guess now we know what a Cairo Overcoat is.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
I thought the troll's universe was destroyed in the EOA5 flash. How is it still around?

Idunn
Apr 30, 2011

That's it?
Foreshadowing :psyduck:

quote:

t1CK t0ck 8r8k H34DS honk HONK

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Hjalmar posted:

Technically, so is everyone and everything else. Both universes exploded.
Well, not quite. Lord English is what destroys the Troll Universe. Presumably Snowman's death is what allowed Lord English to come into existence. He is going to shortly destroy or "explode" the Troll's universe.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Tw1tchy posted:

Jade's grandpa had a bunch of sarcophagi. LE's had a creepy Terminator-ish skull on it though, which that one and none of the others in Jade's house had from what I can find.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Krinkle posted:

man I miss that bolin soundtrack, though

Why did the soundtracks get changed in the first place anyway?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Oxxidation posted:

I get the impression that if Lord English wants something dead then its current orientation in space and time isn't going to help it much.
Yeah true, but killing off one of the elements of the process that creates new universes for him to consume seems really dumb on his part.