Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black Numenorean
Nov 23, 2008
Most important character in Homestuck, guys. Most important character in Homestuck. Just in case you doubted it before, Hussie reminds you again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
"END OF INTERMISSION 2" made me laugh so hard. Well played Hussie, well played.

The flash though... as soon as English started I was :gonk: :gonk: :gonk: for the whole thing. That shouldn't have been as unsettling as it was.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

I like Lord English's design. Not enough villains go for the shirtless suspenders look. In retrospect Andrew dropped a pretty big hint when he referred to English enslaving women to his service, as Doc Scratch has been busy being a creepy rear end in a top hat to girls this whole time.

So now he goes back to the beginning of the universe and begins his recruiting drive that gets him the Felt, Snowman, the Empress and Aradia's ancestor.

Factory Factory posted:

--> recall: the Cairo Overcoat rips and tears when time shenanigans are going on. Stitch repairs it. There are supposedly two, the main coat and a backup.

I'm guessing that since it's in the room with all of Stitch's voodoo doll things the backup is essentially English's voodoo doll.

I wonder if that means that disruptions to spacetime correspond to injuries on English, and not just damage to his coat. Probably not since he's supposed to be invincible outside of glitchy game-breaking mechanics, but all that time poo poo is certainly having an effect on the coat.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Idunn posted:

Foreshadowing :psyduck:

I should remind you that the genetic code of Earth's First Guardian is not made up of the characters "t1ck t0ck 8r8k h34ds h0nk H0NK", but "MEOW."

Jaspers :ohdear:

MODS CURE JOKES
Nov 11, 2009

OFFICIAL SAS 90s REMEMBERER

Gabriel Pope posted:

I should remind you that the genetic code of Earth's First Guardian is not made up of the characters "t1ck t0ck 8r8k h34ds h0nk H0NK", but "MEOW."

Jaspers :ohdear:

Mutie!!!! :ohdear:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
It looks like the remains of the destroyed universes are just sort of floating around inside of the green sun itself, from the looks of it.

MidnightSun
Feb 15, 2011

I am Truthless

Black Numenorean posted:

Most important character in Homestuck, guys. Most important character in Homestuck. Just in case you doubted it before, Hussie reminds you again.

I warned you about hOnKs, bro!!!
I told you, dog!

Man, when those honks played, all I could think was "no way!" Somehow, I lost faith. I didn't believe in the mIrAcLe.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Which means all sorts of things from those universes might have survived!

Spades Slick might be alive! Drifting on some leftover chunk of green, ruined tower.

It seems appropriate that Lord English is a cross between a Felt, Cal, and Doc Scratch. He's part "new" (a new member of whatever it is the Felt are), but he's also been active in some form or another in both the kids' and trolls' sessions.

I'm getting strong "Demon Mobster Kingpin" vibes from this villain. Now that he's here, the rest of the story is probably going to focus on fighting him.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

SpaceDrake posted:

This implies that Grandpa had some inkling of what was involved in summoning Lord English and was furiously scouring the Earth for him, but never succeeded in finding him. Interesting.

That's really interesting. Maybe he somehow came across knowledge about LE and was trying to do something about his entry into Earth's universe. But he didn't realize that Earth's universe hadn't yet been marked for predation, so English wouldn't be there regardless.

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

Holy poo poo Lord English :stare: Not much more to add to that effect, drat.

SynthOrange posted:

The ship is tiny and adorable now.

Reminds me of Problem Sleuth!

Factory Factory posted:

* Wearing a pegleg reminiscent of Skipper Plumbthroat? I never saw the Squiddles flash

Wait, what? There was a Squiddles flash?

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Waffnuffly posted:

If I recall there's a Squiddles cartoon packed in with the Squiddles soundtrack.

Scrree
Jan 16, 2008

the history of all dead generations,

Waffnuffly posted:

Sort of, if you buy the Squiddles album its come with a Music Video, although its not really related to the plot of Homestuck in any solid way.

Senethro
May 18, 2005

I unironically think I'm Garret, Master Thief.
Ok, so Doc Scratch was a host plush.

Ummmm.

Hussie didn't do anything to... impregnate Scratch when reaching inside him, right? Wouldn't want anything that ugly given author powers.

Rooreelooo
Sep 29, 2007

"Ask not what Spiral Mountain can do for you; ask what you can do for Spiral Mountain."

Gabriel Pope posted:

"t1ck t0ck 8r8k h34ds h0nk H0NK"

One thing I never understood about this: these were provided by tavros, aradia, vriska, terezi and gamzee. The latter four all correspond to the correct typing quirk - aradia's use of 0 instead of o, vriska's 8, terezi's 413 and gamzee's alternating honks.

Why is Tavros's incorrect? How come his t1ck is typed out in terezi's gimmick instead of his own? Also, how come gamzee is using aradia's 0s as well.

Shouldn't the code be tICK t0ck 8r8k h34ds honk HONK

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

I'm still not totally clear on why they wrote that stuff in the first place. Were they sorta like, under the influence of Doc Scratch or something at the time?

Cleretic posted:

If I recall there's a Squiddles cartoon packed in with the Squiddles soundtrack.
Ah, that makes sense. It's one of the two soundtracks I didn't get (Christmas one is the other, but I should probably check it out)

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Dolash posted:

I'm getting strong "Demon Mobster Kingpin" vibes from this villain. Now that he's here, the rest of the story is probably going to focus on fighting him.

Well, he's here in an empty, destroyed universe. The history of Alternia's universe, start to finish, is presumably set in stone now and can't be changed, so any opposition to Lord English is probably going to take place somewhere else.

Anyhow, speaking of the 8r8k h34ds code: Aradia described the full genetic code phrase as representing the sounds that would accompany "the ultimate demise of the tyrant less an arm and an eye." Could this have been referring to Doc Scratch? At the time of his "death" he was pretty tyrannical and missing an arm; I wonder if he could be said to be missing an eye in any sense. I guess the cueball he exploded in Vriska's face was kind of eyeball-like but we've never had any indication that the cueballs serve any sensory function for Scratch.

UserMan posted:

Sort of, if you buy the Squiddles album its come with a Music Video, although its not really related to the plot of Homestuck in any solid way.

Well, it wasn't related. :tinfoil: Also I think it got released for free at some point.

Rooreelooo posted:

Shouldn't the code be tICK t0ck 8r8k h34ds honk HONK

Whoops actually it was honk HONK, so that part was indeed in character.

Anyhow, they were basically possessed at the time. I like to think Tavros is just such a spineless goober he didn't have the willpower to force his own quirk.

the holy poopacy fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Nov 2, 2011

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Speaking of DMK, if you're disappointed with LE's current design there's always a possibility he has 2-3 more forms!

Some Strange Flea
Apr 9, 2010

AAA
Pillbug

Rooreelooo posted:

Why is Tavros's incorrect? How come his t1ck is typed out in terezi's gimmick instead of his own?
Tavros wrote t1CK. The 1 is presumably to match up with Aradia's 0 to form the "binary refrain". I also remember a formspring answer where Hussie mentioned that it was a counter-point to Tavros' crippling self-esteem. He was number 1 the whole time!

Rooreelooo posted:

Also, how come gamzee is using aradia's 0s as well.
He's not.

t1ck t0ck 8r8k H34DS honk HONK

Black Numenorean
Nov 23, 2008
Hey, guys, look at when the spaceship is flying through. There's a ruler on the ground... or should I say, a yardstick?

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
Aradia said t1ck/t0ck was a binary refrain, it's supposed to be a whole 0/1 gimmick and Tavros's typing quirk wouldn't fit that. And only t1ck/t0ck was the pair of sounds emerging from the tyrant's menace said to accompany his demise, not 8r8k/h34ds or honkHONK. It's just a Captain Hook reference I think. Scratch was missing a leg, not an arm anyways.

What caused them all to write these codes is just as mysterious as Rose's MEOW code.

Random thoughts: Rose/Dave type in the same color as the symbol on their shirt whereas John/Jade type in each others. Retroactive foreshadowing that John/Jade will swap guardians or be the only ones to switch places with their guardians? Also, someone suggested 11/11/11 might mean there'll be 3 11 year old kids in the post scratch universe... What about the fourth? Dave/Bro...! :ohdear:

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!

Black Numenorean posted:

Hey, guys, look at when the spaceship is flying through. There's a ruler on the ground... or should I say, a yardstick?

That was there when the walls were set up. Just to get this out of the way: you might notice that it's a yellow yardstick, too.

Incidentally, making the other side of the fourth wall huge enough for the ship to fit through has made it come out really tiny on this side. I guess if Jade doesn't for some reason lose access to her powers or anything it'll be trivial for her to fix the scale issue (assuming she can affect herself that way) but it's still amusing to picture a tiny Prospitian battleship suddenly bursting into Jack Noir's office (or wherever this goes).

All assuming John and Jade don't spend the entire rest of the story just hanging out in Hussie's study, of course.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Hamiltonian Bicycle posted:

That was there when the walls were set up. Just to get this out of the way: you might notice that it's a yellow yardstick, too.

Incidentally, making the other side of the fourth wall huge enough for the ship to fit through has made it come out really tiny on this side. I guess if Jade doesn't for some reason lose access to her powers or anything it'll be trivial for her to fix the scale issue (assuming she can affect herself that way) but it's still amusing to picture a tiny Prospitian battleship suddenly bursting into Jack Noir's office (or wherever this goes).

All assuming John and Jade don't spend the entire rest of the story just hanging out in Hussie's study, of course.

She didn't make the wall large enough to fit through, she made the ship small enough

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Waffnuffly posted:

I'm still not totally clear on why they wrote that stuff in the first place. Were they sorta like, under the influence of Doc Scratch or something at the time?

Probably has something to do with the fact that they each wrote a part of the code immediately after some severe personal injury. Tavros paralyzed, Vriska losing her arm and eye, Terezi being blinded and Aradia, you know, vaporized by eye lasers.

It's noteable how massive physical trauma is such a part of English and what he does. Between what happens to the trolls and Doc Scratch losing his leg and then having his head explode. Maybe he's at his strongest when the people he manipulates are suffering.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!

Ohtsam posted:

She didn't make the wall large enough to fit through, she made the ship small enough

Same thing. Probably.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Waffnuffly posted:

AbortedSlunk actually has the full Squiddles flash up on their Deviantart.

http://abortedslunk.deviantart.com/art/Squiddles-animation-FULL-184089093

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Radio Paranoia posted:

The staticky magical girls seem a lot more ominous now that we know more about Lord English's proclivities.

Actually, if the theory that Green Sun godtiers = LE's servants rings true, does... does that make Dave a squiddlegirl?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Whelp, didn't see that coming. I feel like I have to buy the Squiddles album now.

So the only ~ATH script left that hasn't been executed is the one Karkat wrote that executes when he dies, right?

There was LE's, which just executed; Sollux's Double Mobius Reacharound that kicked off the Troll's session; and Karkat's which (as far as we know) doesn't do anything.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(
When the screen goes all Pool Balls in the beginning, there appears to be a pattern of where the unchanging 8-balls go.

Can anyone read braille?

Rooreelooo
Sep 29, 2007

"Ask not what Spiral Mountain can do for you; ask what you can do for Spiral Mountain."

Some Strange Flea posted:

Tavros wrote t1CK. The 1 is presumably to match up with Aradia's 0 to form the "binary refrain". I also remember a formspring answer where Hussie mentioned that it was a counter-point to Tavros' crippling self-esteem. He was number 1 the whole time

Ah, so it was rufio writing that, not tavros. Gotcha.

It just seems like it would make more sense to switch tavros and terezi around, then we could have had t1ck t0ck 8r8k hEADS honk HONK and it all would have been neat an tidy.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Gabriel Pope posted:

The staticky magical girls seem a lot more ominous now that we know more about Lord English's proclivities.

Actually, if the theory that Green Sun godtiers = LE's servants rings true, does... does that make Dave a squiddlegirl?

If Green Sun god tiers are servants of English, then we've got 4 of 'em against John. Rose and Dave were inside the Green Sun, Jade is fused with a First Guardian and Aradia went god tier after being bathed in Green Sun flames courtesy of Jack. Hell, if that makes someone a servant of English, wouldn't be wearing the prototyping rings do the same at this point?

I really don't think Hussie would make Jade, Rose, Dave, Aradia and PM into villains at this point. I mean, that would make it John, Karkat, Terezi, Kanaya, Sollux (if he's not dead yet) and maybe Gamzee (if he doesn't view English as a Mirthful Messiah and end up following him) vs Jade, Rose, Dave, Aradia, Jack, PM and English. They'd be John and co would be royally hosed!

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

Radio Paranoia posted:

Hahahaha thank you for this, I lost it when that boat busted out like 5 million guns and some tangle buddies repelled a trident with the POWER OF FRIENDSHIP.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Rooreelooo posted:

Ah, so it was rufio writing that, not tavros. Gotcha.

It just seems like it would make more sense to switch tavros and terezi around, then we could have had t1ck t0ck 8r8k hEADS honk HONK and it all would have been neat an tidy.

Except then Team Charge and the Scourge Sisters wouldn't be paired up any more!

Edit: And no 413 in the code! No no that wouldn't be neat and tidy at all.

Regy Rusty fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Nov 2, 2011

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
Lord English's peg leg is reminiscent of Skipper Plumbthroat, huh?

Fortis posted:

What if horrorterrors are universe frogs that have been corrupted by LE's 'glitch' and are thus marked for consumption? :psyduck:

:colbert:

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Fortis posted:

Lord English's peg leg is reminiscent of Skipper Plumbthroat, huh?

Skipper Plumbthroat doesn't even have a pegleg!

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine

Gabriel Pope posted:

I was just going by what everyone else was saying, I only watched part of the squiddles flash :saddowns:

MidnightSun
Feb 15, 2011

I am Truthless

Gabriel Pope posted:

==>Skipper Plumbthroat: Reveal DEVASTATING FUTURISTIC WEAPONRY cleverly concealed in your PEG-LEG.

He doesn't have a peg-leg, numbnuts!

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

Gabriel Pope posted:

Anyhow, speaking of the 8r8k h34ds code: Aradia described the full genetic code phrase as representing the sounds that would accompany "the ultimate demise of the tyrant less an arm and an eye." Could this have been referring to Doc Scratch? At the time of his "death" he was pretty tyrannical and missing an arm; I wonder if he could be said to be missing an eye in any sense. I guess the cueball he exploded in Vriska's face was kind of eyeball-like but we've never had any indication that the cueballs serve any sensory function for Scratch.

The tyrant from Aradia's prophecy was Vriska. Vriska has been the only one to make the loss of an arm and eye a part of her character, as part of her way of living in the footsteps of the pirate queen. And remember all the Peter Pan allusions? The tick-tock pages that started with the alternate timeline and ended with her death - remember Tick-Tock the croc? Hussie actually edited in the crocodiles onto the clock.

Dolash posted:

Spades Slick might be alive! Drifting on some leftover chunk of green, ruined tower.

SS: Stick your pin in the voodoo doll because gently caress this

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

SynthOrange posted:

The ship is tiny and adorable now.
Which, if taken from John and Jade's perspective for those 3 nanoseconds, makes Andrew Hussie a pretty damned big man.

Johndice
Oct 26, 2011

by angerbeet
It probably isn't braille since there are 13 rows visible. If it were braille the rows would be divisible by 3.

CidGregor posted:

I am really glad you posted this because oh my god, her arts were probably my favorite part of Cascade and I have been really wondering who did them, but I never realized quite how many of them she did. The Rose and Dave and Dave/Jadesprite shots, and Rose in particular, jesus, those are incredible.

And apparently she's only sixteen? Goddamn, there are people in their 30s that can't draw that well.

Like Hussie, lol.

Walliard posted:

Again, he was an excellent host.

A host plush, even.

Oh gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
I kind of want that pattern to mean something but I've seen nothing to suggest that it does.

Roger Explosion posted:

Which, if taken from John and Jade's perspective for those 3 nanoseconds, makes Andrew Hussie a pretty damned big man.

Speaking of him, where is his in-story avatar now? We never saw him go back through that fifth wall THIS IS IMPORTANT

(Also, just to be at least as petty as he is big, I rechecked the EoA writeup and confirmed that, as I thought I remembered, Jade did make the fourth wall big rather than the ship small. :colbert:)