Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

Grand Theft Auto: Tokyo Drift? Yes, please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trapjaw
Jan 30, 2005

Sup, Haddonfield?
Also, wide shot of large city.

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

A fistfight, possibly back lit by the sunset.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

MissSheGrrl posted:

Have you played GTA4 recently? They were great at the time but even now I think they feel quite static and stiff.

I've only played the DLC episodes recently and it looked fine. I guess I don't remember if they were improved over the main game.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Gratutious timelapse shot with a swelling orchestral soundtrack.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Opening riff to "Welcome to the Jungle"

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

yerrow peril posted:

Grand Theft Auto: Tokyo Drift? Yes, please.

poo poo a japanese one would own.

Trapjaw
Jan 30, 2005

Sup, Haddonfield?

Policenaut posted:

Opening riff to "Welcome to the Jungle"

Opening to "Everybody Hurts".

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Let's not forget ambiguous camera cuts over the new scenery!

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Songbearer posted:

Gratutious timelapse shot with a swelling orchestral soundtrack.
GTA V: brought to you by Ron Fricke and Philip Glass.

DrPain
Apr 29, 2004

Purrfectly priceless
items here.
60s explosion montage

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Trapjaw posted:

Also, wide shot of large city.

Panning across with an out of context soundclip from one of the main characters that sounds really deep but actually won't make a lot of sense in the actual game.

Possible lines:

"This city used to be something special. Now it's home to a monster... me."

"Man, J-dogg, we about to make some serious bank!"

"Money, money, money... it's all anyone thinks about these days."

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Wide shot of a city. Either establishing shots of easily recognizable architectonical features - if it's set in San Andreas, the Hollywood sign, Hollywood boulevard, Golden Gate Bridge or Las Vegas strip - , or the wide shot will be enough to identify it either as Vice City or San Andreas (but people will still fight over it).

Voiceover alluding to the rough past of a character and the fact that thing aren't about to get any better. Something surprising about the sound - in IV it was Niko's accent, maybe this time it will be a woman's voice or several voices, to go with some theories.

Not expecting anything beyond establishing a setting and a small nugget of speculation fodder that isn't actually very informative.

Goddamn Hippy
Jan 18, 2006
I love how tight lipped rockstar are about their games. It's nice to be genuinely surprised about content rather than read all about it on squealer websites before the fact.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

drivebyhobo posted:

MSFT would like it if you would purchase a higher capacity hard drive from them.

Its one of the pre-slims, so in reality I hope it kicks soon so I can try and get a new model with the warranty. :v:

Fellblade posted:

Won't somebody think of the fatties!

I just don't think it would be as minimal as it was with LA Noire, is all (much less linear story). V:shobon:V

Hell, I'd still play it whether it was 1 or 10 discs.

Trapjaw
Jan 30, 2005

Sup, Haddonfield?
I can't wait for Kotaku to break down the entire trailer by the millisecond just to generate widespread speculation about what the game will be like.

WHAT DOES THIS SCREENSHOT TELL US? WILL THERE BE FLYING MOTORCYCLES?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Trapjaw posted:

I can't wait for Kotaku to break down the entire trailer by the millisecond just to generate widespread speculation about what the game will be like.

WHAT DOES THIS SCREENSHOT TELL US? WILL THERE BE FLYING MOTORCYCLES?

And as you can clearly see, the sign on this building when zoomed in by 500% resembles the Cluckin' Bell logo which CLEARLY indicates that eating at fast food restaurants is returning and that the main character can get fat!

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Polo-Rican posted:

2 hours 30 minutes till the trailer! Let's place bets on what we'll see. I'm betting on:

• Characters with facial motion capture, a la LA Noire
• One shot of the main character riding a horse

• Wii U exclusive.

Sir Xiphos
Dec 11, 2008
Top Gear style editing.....in the world....

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

Sir Xiphos posted:

Top Gear style editing.....in the world....

I really hope there is a decent replay editor in all versions this time. The "View Replay" function in the Xbox version of San Andreas was almost good, though you couldn't do anything but see the last 10-30 seconds of gameplay and it was pared down (much less finer animation, no sound). No saving clips or anything.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

I'm guessing we are getting California/San Andreas....but as to what time period? I'm betting late 60's/early 70's.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
If it shows the player character firing a gun, it'll show it from the side and in slow motion so you can't actually see what he/she/it is shooting at.

Underflow
Apr 4, 2008

EGOMET MIHI IGNOSCO
- dust lazily blowing over desert road
- wheelcam shot of speeding muscle car
- Samuel Jackson voice-over: "I told them muthafuckas I don't speak Mexican"
- explosions

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

I'm guessing we are getting California/San Andreas....but as to what time period? I'm betting late 60's/early 70's.

I am really hoping for SA. I will be sorely dissapointed if it's 60s/70s. *bullitt chase, revolver weapon...........tumbleweed*.

As much as people moaned about SA's micro management (gym, food, etc). Sometimes I just want to gently caress around, pruning my character, or practicing and doing silly poo poo. What I really miss is taxi missions. I'd love to see them have a overhaul, not that there's hugely much you can do other than fare to fare. It would be cool to be hired by a taxi company and actually have a job :unsmith:.

Its an uglee citeeee

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

Songbearer posted:

If it shows the player character firing a gun, it'll show it from the side and in slow motion so you can't actually see what he/she/it is shooting at.

We aren't shown what the character is firing at. DOES THIS MEAN THE NEXT GAME FEATURES AN ALIEN INVASION????

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Low camera angle shot of the main character strutting in slow-motion down a city street, holding a rocket launcher.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

It'll be a 50 minute long trailer of a character silhouetted by the light from their computer monitor waiting to see a trailer of the next GTA game.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
I have an underlying feeling it will be a cryptic teaser, rather than a tantalising reveal. I don't mind being wrong. At all.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

sirbeefalot posted:

We aren't shown what the character is firing at. DOES THIS MEAN THE NEXT GAME FEATURES AN ALIEN INVASION????
In the slow-motion we see a glint of metal on the flying bullet that looks suspiciously like silver - could we be shooting at werewolves? In that case, it's almost certain that the main character is a vampire. Looking at the bigfoot rumours in San Andreas and the strange missions given by The Truth, the supernatural has a long tradition in the GTA series.

e: could you be able to weaken your werewolf enemies by shooting the full moon with a sniper rifle this time around?

Holy Cow
Dec 8, 2006
-Hunched over person in background is confirmation of children. And yes folks they're killable!

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Stare-Out posted:

It'll be a 50 minute long trailer of a character silhouetted by the light from their computer monitor waiting to see a trailer of the next GTA game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMPwsUey0U0&feature=channel_video_title

Already done.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

simosimo posted:

I have an underlying feeling it will be a cryptic teaser, rather than a tantalising reveal. I don't mind being wrong. At all.
They said trailer, not teaser.

GTA4s trailer was all kinds of awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evM8Dlssf2A

Cage fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Nov 2, 2011

Trapjaw
Jan 30, 2005

Sup, Haddonfield?
Notice that old wagon wheel in the alley. One could only assume that this means the character will be the guy from Red Dead Redemption. Also, could stagecoaches be among the new vehicles?

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Cage posted:

I thought this was GTA4's first trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M80K51DosFo

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***

Cage posted:

Well.............

Since you put it that way...

I'm excited!

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

30 minutes to go! If it's anything like the last games reveal trailers, it'll all be in-game and show the main character, setting etc.
One thing I'm concerned about is the console release of V. Rockstar already have Agent and Max Payne 3 to finish which could leave GTA V being pushed back for an early new console release game.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Cage posted:

Just wanna echo that King Ring was the best song ever in that game/for that trailer.

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

The Dave posted:

I thought this was GTA4's first trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M80K51DosFo

Yeah, this guy is right, this was the first trailer. But then again, gta4 was a huge jump visually from gta3 so this kind of trailer made sense. GTA5 can't have the same visual jump since it's still running on 360 and ps3, so I don't think the trailer will be purely "look at the city!"

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

I just hope the PC version isn't as unoptimized this time; oh and the game in general having some aa/af/qsaa/whatever thing to make it way less jaggy on every system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trapjaw
Jan 30, 2005

Sup, Haddonfield?
I hope this GTA also features a swingset that can launch cars into the sky.

• Locked thread