Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
robin hoodz theory
Nov 12, 2006
the main character sounds like a reformed criminal trying to escape his shady past. interesting new direction by rockstar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funking Giblet
Jun 28, 2004

Jiglightful!
Was that Michael Madsen?

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***

ALL YOU HAD TO DO, WAS LOSE THE COPS CJ.

Pattie
Mar 25, 2002
I think kotaku was right, there are two reoccurring characters in the trailer: the voice over white man and the black guy. So the story is probably split up between those two characters.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Zeppelins confirmed, pause at the golf scene right after the trees. Top right

Sir Xiphos
Dec 11, 2008
I will actually jizz all over the show if the future trailers reveal San Fierro and Las Venturas.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010
Looks good...the narration has me a little worried the story is gonna be "Former outlaw trying to go straight" AGAIN.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

simosimo posted:

ALL YOU HAD TO DO, WAS LOSE THE COPS CJ.

Looks more like cesar

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I think that playing as an older guy is an interesting angle. You rarely see that in games (although I guess Red Dead is a good recent example), so I'm wondering how the general tone of the game will feel as a result.

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

Polo-Rican posted:

It looks like a prettier, more colorful gta4 with slightly improved graphics/lighting and better animations. Which yeah, could pretty much be A Perfect Game. If they nail mission variety, that is!!

It could be A Perfect Game if Rockstar returns to the dumbass crazy over the top poo poo that made SA so good and not the "realistic" GTA IV stuff.

pork minstral
Apr 27, 2004

Into the Void

Spalec posted:

Looks good...the narration has me a little worried the story is gonna be "Former outlaw trying to go straight" AGAIN.
But this time he has kids!

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Frank West is back in the game... again

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I'm at work and I had to watch the trailer with the sound off so I have no idea who the main character is supposed to be :shobon:

That Awful Nick
Oct 7, 2008

"I've got the knowledge!"

We're going back to Los Santos guyysssss! This is the best possible outcome! Yayyyy!

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

Cosby sweaters confirmed.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
Glad to see this again with better graphics

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Sir Xiphos posted:

I will actually jizz all over the show if the future trailers reveal San Fierro and Las Venturas.

It's possible. If I remember correctly, the very first San Andreas trailer only showed us Los Santos. I don't know if we knew there were other cities as well at that point, but it's possible.

King Zog
Apr 9, 2009
I'm happy they continue to do their own thing. I dislike the way SR plays, the zany and random humor simply doesn't cut it. gently caress yeah, GTAV!!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

That Awful Nick posted:

We're going back to Los Santos guyysssss! This is the best possible outcome! Yayyyy!

San Andreas with Euphoria physics. It really doesn't get any better than that.

Holy Cow
Dec 8, 2006
Yeah the old guy in the jacket and black guy in the vest have about equal time in the trailer. Two totaly different characters sounds good.

brainjury
Apr 24, 2010
Dinosaur Gum

pork minstral posted:

Hey, kickass! The Small Faces!

Goddammit, now I need to listen to that record.

Tychtrip
May 23, 2010

We are livid souls
Anyone else got a sudden urge to play San Andreas again? Downloading it now, thank God for Steam sales.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Fantastic news....to make this better, they need SF and LV!

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

tomm posted:

Anyone else got a sudden urge to play San Andreas again? Downloading it now, thank God for Steam sales.

Gonna play the gently caress out of SA again later tonight.

SA remains the only game that I have ever gotten 100% completion.

That Awful Nick
Oct 7, 2008

"I've got the knowledge!"

Was that a jet fighter flying through the skyline in that one cut? Please let me fly that jet fighter. I need it. For reasons.

Hobo fightin' reasons.

csidle
Jul 31, 2007

Some of the more gorgeous shots:

NOTinuyasha
Oct 17, 2006

The Great Twist

Polo-Rican posted:

It looks like a prettier, more colorful gta4 with slightly improved graphics/lighting and better animations. Which yeah, could pretty much be A Perfect Game. If they nail mission variety, that is!!

In June 2011, sources allegedly close to the developer said the title is "well under way", with final touches like mini-games already being applied, and a 2012 release "pretty likely". "It's the big one," they also said of the game, noting that GTA V's scale is vast.[11]

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
No one has said the obvious yet. Do you think it's Tommy V?

Gordong Dongbay
Oct 18, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I'm at work and I had to watch the trailer with the sound off so I have no idea who the main character is supposed to be :shobon:

ALL YOU HAD TO DO WAS PLUG IN A PAIR OF HEADPHONES RM!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

That Awful Nick posted:

Was that a jet fighter flying through the skyline in that one cut? Please let me fly that jet fighter. I need it. For reasons.

Hobo fightin' reasons.

Holy poo poo, doing a bombing run of a tent city would be the best thing.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I really like the stuff like all the dudes standing around that underpass, the homeless guys, the change in tone from the bright and upperclass areas and the urban decay areas.

Expectations are through the roof right now.

Mike Cartwright
Oct 29, 2011

state of the art
Pretty sure it's Vercetti, compared with a few Ray Liotta snips. Would be very happy if so!

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

simosimo posted:

Sure as gently caress looked like him.

Dan Hollis
Jun 16, 2006

Surprise!!!

simosimo posted:

It would make sense (V for 5 & Vercetti). It could also be that it lets you choose between past protagonists (maybe the guy in the Cosby sweater is an older CJ.)

Senator Woofington
Aug 1, 2009

by Ozmaugh
I don't know I might be going against the grain here but I am not very excited. I feel like all we saw confirms nothing interesting, its set in about modern times, its set in a familiar setting though maybe with some farm/country but it ultimately still looks like a city, just nothing really grabbed me as new or interesting for the series.

Holy Cow
Dec 8, 2006

simosimo posted:

Someone mentioned it last page. I didn't consider until I read that, but drat I really hope it is.

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

It does sound like Ray Liotta but I can't see Rockstar working with him again after he got all bitchy about Vice City.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Holy poo poo, doing a bombing run of a tent city would be the best thing.

More like flying a plane into a bank headquarters and jumping out just before it hits. :madmax:

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Hopefully those planes will be pilotable. Bringing back the free play multiplayer from GTA4 and have some huge goddamn air battles or running plane/car strafing runs? Sounds like a fun weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

The Tommy V thing makes a ton of sense. It's an old guy moving to San Andreas looking for a new start, trying to change his old ways. He looks just like him...and the "V" thing.

Tommy V was the best protagonist. YOU'RE ALL DICKS

• Locked thread