Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Hakkesshu posted:

I think that playing as an older guy is an interesting angle. You rarely see that in games (although I guess Red Dead is a good recent example), so I'm wondering how the general tone of the game will feel as a result.
Older + kids makes me think of Kane & Lynch.

Really liked that shot of the wind generators.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

robin hoodz theory
Nov 12, 2006
whats the name of the song on the trailer?

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

roboshit posted:

It does sound like Ray Liotta but I can't see Rockstar working with him again after he got all bitchy about Vice City.

Bitchy how? Wanted more money? Felt it was beneath him?

Kaveman
Jul 25, 2009

NEVER!!!

roboshit posted:

It could be A Perfect Game if Rockstar returns to the dumbass crazy over the top poo poo that made SA so good and not the "realistic" GTA IV stuff.

Saints Row: The Third sounds like what you want and it's out in two weeks.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Senator Woofington posted:

=0maybe with some farm/country but it ultimately still looks like a city,

I don't know look at all the mountains behind the city:
http://i.imgur.com/ZG3AP.png

They aren't just going to put an invisible wall there. Obviously you also have this:
http://i.imgur.com/NEtgX.jpg

So I think there will be a lot of farm / country.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

csidle posted:

Holy mother of poo poo.

Can't find a way to watch it on my phone and the hospital's network has all game related sites blocked. I guess I'll have to wait until tonight to see it, but that pic alone has me excited because the mountain and area south of SF in SA was my favorite part of the game.

Susat
May 31, 2011

Taking it easy, being green

roboshit posted:

It does sound like Ray Liotta but I can't see Rockstar working with him again after he got all bitchy about Vice City.

What did he do during the Vice City development? I've yet to hear of this.

Budget Dracula
Jun 6, 2007

heh, speedophile.

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
I hope it's not another criminal wants to escape his past life story because Rockstar has beaten that horse dead, ate its carcass and went back for seconds.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Zachack posted:

Really liked that shot of the wind generators.

Mission where you dispose of a body by dropping it on a wind turbine CONFIRMED

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

ElwoodCuse posted:

Bitchy how? Wanted more money? Felt it was beneath him?

IIRC he said that if he had known how successful Vice City was going to be he would have asked for more money, which pissed Rockstar off.

Kaveman posted:

Saints Row: The Third sounds like what you want and it's out in two weeks.

Yep, I'm getting it :)

IceG
Feb 7, 2006

Bigger than Hitler - Better than Christ

I was hoping the V would be for Vice City but San Andreas is the 2nd best GTA so I suppose I can live with that.

(GTA Vice City 2 on next gen consoles please)

-Dethstryk-
Oct 20, 2000

roboshit posted:

IIRC he said that if he had known how successful Vice City was going to be he would have asked for more money, which pissed Rockstar off.

Are you sure you aren't confusing this with the voice actor for Nico?

Or honestly, about any other voice actor? They regularly get poo poo on and don't get royalties, etc.

That Awful Nick
Oct 7, 2008

"I've got the knowledge!"

Kotaku forums frame-by-frame nerds have proved that the side of the cop car in the trailer officially says City of Los Santos Police Department.

This is going to be a great game.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I wouldn't get my hopes up with this game being tied to the GTA3-verse. Personally I don't think this'll have anything to do with Tommy Vercetti or CJ or any of the GTA3-era protagonists.

Looking at it again, there are a few shots of car license plates, some of which pretty clearly say Los Santos (as does a sign on the beach in the beginning of the trailer) but some seem to say something else. They're pretty obscured even in the HD version, though.

Boba Phat
Feb 19, 2003

Deal With It
Yeah, I'm struggling a bit with this one. One the one hand there's no GTA game I love more than San Andreas. On the other hand, there's nothing new in this trailer. It's all been-there-done-that with spruced up graphics. That may have been enough for GTA IV, but I'm not sure that's enough for GTA V.

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo

-Dethstryk- posted:

Or honestly, about any other voice actor? They regularly get poo poo on and don't get royalties, etc.

I remember Roman's voice actor making a bigger deal than Niko's?

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

The Tommy V thing makes a ton of sense. It's an old guy moving to San Andreas looking for a new start, trying to change his old ways. He looks just like him...and the "V" thing.

Tommy V was the best protagonist. YOU'RE ALL DICKS

It also gives us an excuse to have a protagonist who is a lot of fun, has no qualms about killing, and loves to throw his cash around.

You know, just like the player.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

simosimo posted:

No one has said the obvious yet. Do you think it's Tommy V?

Possibly. Sounded like an older Ray when he first started talking. Plus he comes to Los Santos and immediately "buys a big house" which only someone with a lot of money can do, and Tommy V should have a ton of money still.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

drat look at how much mountain there is.

The Dave fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Nov 2, 2011

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I wonder if this is related to the rumor a while back about how there is three playable characters (would fit with that shot of the trio on the mountain). "Tommy" and "CJ" and the rumored female protagonist.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Can't wait to take my first goonbus trip down that mountain.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

I'm still more excited about Saints Row: The Third than this, but if the main character is Tommy V, holy hell I am in.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***

-Dethstryk- posted:

Nope, Liotta got all bitchy about Vice. So did Niko!

Man, they HAVE to give us LV and SF now, what will they do otherwise. sorry, invisible wall?!

I hope the mountain is a metaphor for 'yep, there is more poo poo to come behind this!'

hot carling academy
Jul 20, 2008

robin hoodz theory posted:

whats the name of the song on the trailer?

The Small Faces - Ogdens' Nut Gone Flake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvotLtAlIZc

And that's one of the things I'm really excited for; the music selection in all of the Grand Theft Auto games has been a strong point, especially the quality of variety in GTAIV.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Well one of people tearing this trailer apart noticed a bicycle in one of the shots so clearly the return of the jetpack is confirmed.

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

go outside and have a blast

simosimo posted:

Fantastic news....to make this better, they need SF and LV!

This is from a different unconfirmed source but...seems legit.

(note the title on the building)

moms pubis
Jul 9, 2011

by T. Mascis
That's not Ray Liotta. This is gonna own though.

Tincans
Dec 15, 2007

drat that looks incredible. I've been playing some San Andreas in anticipation of this and I totally forgot who huge that game really is.

Also
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLiNZ8GOuaA

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1211341p1.html

Can they just say that, without a source?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Holy gently caress, without reading the other comments and just watching this... SAN ANDREAS IS BACK :D Oh gently caress, cannot wait. Huge lands with mountains and other stuff.... this is going to rule so hard. Hopefully the PC port comes around the same time and is better but I'll probably just jump on the PS3 anyways.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Apparently the jetski is called a "Speedophile". Haw.

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

Philip J Fry posted:

This is from a different unconfirmed source but...seems legit.

(note the title on the building)

oh gently caress not the mcrearys again, please :(

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

csidle posted:

Some of the more gorgeous shots:

Looks like they incorporated RDR's gorgeous skies. Excellent.

frogbs
May 5, 2004
Well well well

roboshit posted:

How did he get bitchy about Vice City?

csidle
Jul 31, 2007

simosimo posted:

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1211341p1.html

Can they just say that, without a source?
They have a source:

"Rockstar has confirmed that Grand Theft Auto V will be set in its fictional world of San Andreas." it's Rockstar

Whether they're overinterpreting something is an entirely different matter.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

Sure as gently caress looked like him.

Where?

EBag
May 18, 2006

Looks extremely good, I'm excited again :D

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

The Dave posted:

drat look at how much mountain there is.

Looks like the area just outside Palm Springs, which is on the way to Vegas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
I hope R* have just gone gently caress it. Ditched all the 4 characters and gone back to the 3- era universe, or even a mix of both somehow. Tommy Vercetti would be poo poo-kickin rad.

• Locked thread