Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trapjaw
Jan 30, 2005

Sup, Haddonfield?
gently caress bombing a tent city. I want to CROPDUST them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

the truth posted:

Looks like the area just outside Palm Springs, which is on the way to Vegas.
More likely the wind farms near San Francisco.

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

The city is alive tonight

smoke sumthin bitch posted:

We are gonna be able to kill dogs this time around I am so excited!!

They realized just how fun it is to blast animals to kingdom come in RDR.

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

simosimo posted:

I hope R* have just gone gently caress it. Ditched all the 4 characters and gone back to the 3- era universe, or even a mix of both somehow. Tommy Vercetti would be poo poo-kickin rad.

Seriously. Give the people what they want.

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

Have people forgotten what Ray Liotta sounds like or something? That sounds nothing like him

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
I'd be happy to have Vercetti without Liotta. As long as we don't have a bitchy Slavic man to play as.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
Preorders for PS3 and 360 now up on Amazon.com!

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

So 3 cities seem to be confirmed then from screenshots? That's pretty sweet.
I thought this one was starting to use real city names or something though?

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

The chance of this being connected to the 3 era are almost zero tbh.
That said, Rockstar is a good studio and even Gay Tony ("just" a DLC) improved so much on base gta4 that I have very very high hopes now.

Droopy Goines
Aug 2, 2003

Presented in DTS ES 6.1 where available.
That was all I could ever hope for and more.

Mountain + Euphoria engine = Fun * Infinity

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Can I fly off the top of Mount Chiliad in a dirtbike again, this time in glorious high definition? Because if so, :rock:

That death animation is going to be absurd.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

Bland posted:

Have people forgotten what Ray Liotta sounds like or something? That sounds nothing like him

Here is a Goodfellas voice over in about the same tone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOaV06ruMqg

Edit: I dont know either way, just a comparison.

Athanatos fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Nov 2, 2011

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
Oh my god. Rockstar can do no wrong with GTA.

I was hoping they'd made this game more colorful and saturated like Vice City, which seemed like such a more fun environment than IV's desaturated look and SA's drabness. Rockstar fulfilled my hope.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

A5H posted:

There has been 0 confirmation of three cities. All we have is that some signs say other cities' names but IV had signs and references to Los Santos, Venturas, Vice City etc without any way to go there.

That Awful Nick
Oct 7, 2008

"I've got the knowledge!"

A5H posted:

I seriously doubt it. It's already been shown in game as being called Los Santos, so they're probably sticking to the GTA-specific in-world location names.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Athanatos posted:

Here is a Goodfellas voice over in about the same tone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOaV06ruMqg

Keep in mind Goodfellas is 20 years old.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

San loving Andreas.

loving sweet. I can't wait to play this. This is awesome. I want to see more.

RadioDog
May 31, 2005

Droopy Goines posted:

That was all I could ever hope for and more.

Mountain + Euphoria engine = Fun * Infinity

+ bears.

Dick Boat
Jul 3, 2009

Pulse Demon

It would be amazing if it's an older Tommy Vercetti and an older CJ. Both stories intertwining and ending in some spectacular heist/bad guy mansion attack.

Please be Tommy Vercetti. Please Rockstar.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Install Gentoo posted:

There has been 0 confirmation of three cities. All we have is that some signs say other cities' names but IV had signs and references to Los Santos, Venturas, Vice City etc without any way to go there.

I hope there's another mission like the one in GTA:SA where you fly to Liberty City and they show a cutscene of an environment lifted straight from GTA3 but with better graphics.

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

Install Gentoo posted:

Isn't the golf course/country club in San Fierro?

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
They're really impressing me with what they can do with the current consoles. I do hope that they port it to Windows and do a better job this time. Mouse + keyboard.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Man, I hope there are animals ALA RDR. Can you imagine there being a zoo, and having the ability to release the animals. Hoo hooo

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
One of the things I love is that pedestrians seem much more believable. The big clump of homeless laying down and huddled under the bridge makes way more sense than 3 bums standing randomly in a circle. There's the black dude in the white shirt appears to be a dealer, and hookers that actually interact with the cars.

How close to perfect is this game going to be?

VanV
May 13, 2004

Not this year.
Well, whoever was speaking in the voice over mentioned something about the weather being a factor in his decision to move as well. So I doubt it's Tommy V.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Bland posted:

Isn't the golf club in San Fierro?

I imagine so. I took that ratty area with the hot woman to be San Fierro for some reason.

That said, if Rockstar is sticking to 'San Andreas,' we could have some of those smaller cities as well. If they're making this vast, why just stick to the big three cities? Who knows how big this thing is?

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***

jerkstoresup posted:

One of the things I love is that pedestrians seem much more believable. The big clump of homeless laying down and huddled under the bridge makes way more sense than 3 bums standing randomly in a circle. There's the black dude in the white shirt appears to be a dealer, and hookers that actually interact with the cars.

It's all down to rockstar. Bring the tech from 4, and all the side quests and bumpf from SA. Done.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

Bland posted:

The map layout of SA will have no resemblance to the layout of V if IV was anything to go by.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Bland posted:

Well it's not going to be exactly the same as SA Los Santos, they could easily have put a golf club in LS. Some of the buildings like the one with the foreclosure sign did seem in the San Fierro style though so who knows at this point.

aquarian
Mar 23, 2009
Los Santos to me looks like it is a similar size in comparison to the original in San Andreas. Maybe a little bigger.

Just an observation.

So hyped.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Bland posted:

Because Los Angeles doesn't have golf courses. Yes.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Bland posted:

Just because they didn't have one in Los Santos in GTA SA doesn't mean there won't be one in Los Santos now dude.

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax

jerkstoresup posted:

It's a cinematic trailer. Calm yourself.

Meliv
Nov 1, 2008

the truth posted:

Looks like the area just outside Palm Springs, which is on the way to Vegas.

You've just made me imagine coming over a mountain to see Las Venturas far on the horizon surrounded by an large expansive desert. Awesome

loving San Andreas 2

Street Knowledge

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
Added screen grabs and the trailer to the op!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

I imagine so. I took that ratty area with the hot woman to be San Fierro for some reason.

That said, if Rockstar is sticking to 'San Andreas,' we could have some of those smaller cities as well. If they're making this vast, why just stick to the big three cities? Who knows how big this thing is?

If they ever make a game on a bigger scale than GTA:SA, it'll probably be the best game ever.

Sir Xiphos
Dec 11, 2008
Now awaiting the OCDish frame-by-frame analysis by IGN or whoever. Something else is bound to pop up.

That Wicked Walrus
Sep 24, 2010

you've gotta keep movin'
This game looks way more interesting than the snorefest that was GTAIV. I wish CJ was the main character though.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Sir Xiphos posted:

Now awaiting the OCDish frame-by-frame analysis by IGN or whoever. Something else is bound to pop up.
Like this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Spalec posted:

The map layout of SA will have no resemblance to the layout of V if IV was anything to go by.

They're not going to move the swanky country club to a place like Los Santos. The country club pretty much confirms San Fierro (in my opinion), Mt. Chiliad pretty much confirms the country side and obviously Los Santos is there so with all those it stands to reason that Las Venturas will be there. So there's all 3 cities.

Yes I'm aware of the leaps in logic here

• Locked thread