Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax

VanV posted:

Well, whoever was speaking in the voice over mentioned something about the weather being a factor in his decision to move as well. So I doubt it's Tommy V.
He didn't say he wanted to move away from bad weather though.

He needed a change a scenery, so why not move to somewhere with a climate that he's familiar with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Bland posted:

They're not going to move the swanky country club to Los Santos. The country club pretty much confirms San Fierro, Mt. Chiliad pretty much confirms the country side and obviously Los Santos is there so with all those it stands to reason that Las Venturas will be there.
Do you know how many swanky country clubs there are in LA? None of these are logical assumptions. :psyduck:

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
The hobo that flashes past at around ~1:00 looks like Niko from GTA4. It's not him, might be a jokey reference tho.

Toothy
Jan 30, 2006

There's treasure everywhere!
That truck kicking up dust around 0:28 looks impressive.

BRING K-ROSE BACK

aquarian
Mar 23, 2009

aquarian posted:

Los Santos to me looks like it is a similar size in comparison to the original in San Andreas. Maybe a little bigger.

Just an observation.

So hyped.

Also what I'm suggesting here is that we aren't seeing everything Rockstar has planned for the game.

TerryCheesecake
Aug 2, 2003
-
It can't be CJ because CJ ran about with a pink mohawk, underpants and snakeskin boots. He wouldn't wear any of these other "clothes".

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

There's no trailer hype like GTA trailer hype. Can't wait for this drat game.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***

Bland posted:

They're not going to move the swanky country club to a place like Los Santos. The country club pretty much confirms San Fierro (in my opinion), Mt. Chiliad pretty much confirms the country side and obviously Los Santos is there so with all those it stands to reason that Las Venturas will be there. So there's all 3 cities.

Yes I'm aware of the leaps in logic here

We can only but see. I have no problem with a total HD remake of SA, locations, radios et all!

PLEASE BRING BACK TAXI MISSIONS and other 'activities'.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

I could see this being Tommy. Though it also looks like someone else who's name I can't think of.

EDIT: VVV It doesn't have to be Ray Liotta doing the voice to be Tommy.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

a bunch of ants
Jan 21, 2009

Wanna be professional criminals with me?
I don't think that it is gonna be Tommy V again, I think he would be way older, also that sounds nothing like Ray Liotta, also Tommy was a drat sociopath no way is he gonna have kids. If anything the character looks like Claude from GTA3. Also Rockstar released Claude action figures that look similar to the character shown. Also we have no way of knowing if any of the characters shown are gonna be the main character.

Here is the link to the Claude action figures.https://warehouse.rockstargames.com/Product.aspx?pSKU=RS-FIG-GTA3-CLAUDE&vSKU=RS-FIG-GTA3-CLAUDE

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009
Edit: The Claude figures funnily enough look like Claude, nothing like this guy, stop being dumbs.

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

Like this?

This is terrible, the middle guy clearly has no tattoos on his left arm and the guy on the left is covered with them.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Regardless of who the protagonist is, I'm just gonna echo the hopes that this isn't yet another story of the criminal who wants to turn over a new leaf but oh no he doesn't know how to do anything but shoot people to death.

It's been done to death, let's have something different now.

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

Do you know how many swanky country clubs there are in LA? None of these are logical assumptions. :psyduck:

The skyline in the golf shot looks more like San Fierro too. Checkmate :smugdog:

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

if you start with drums, you have to end with dynamite.
If 90% of your playing time in San Andreas wasn't just loving around on the huge mountain with a bicycle or a dirt bike, then I think you were playing it wrong.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***

a bunch of ants posted:

I don't think that it is gonna be Tommy V again, I think he would be way older, also that sounds nothing like Ray Liotta, also Tommy was a drat sociopath no way is he gonna have kids. If anything the character looks like Claude from GTA3. Also Rockstar released Claude action figures that look similar to the character shown. Also we have no way of knowing if any of the characters shown are gonna be the main character.

Here is the link to the Claude action figures.https://warehouse.rockstargames.com/Product.aspx?pSKU=RS-FIG-GTA3-CLAUDE&vSKU=RS-FIG-GTA3-CLAUDE

Ha, that would also rock. Not sure how his silence would be explained.

modern villian
May 4, 2009

Orgophlax posted:

I could see this being Tommy. Though it also looks like someone else who's name I can't think of.

When I first saw him, I thought of John Noble from Fringe, who just did a role in L.A. Noire.

That Wicked Walrus
Sep 24, 2010

you've gotta keep movin'

maxnmona posted:

If 90% of your playing time in San Andreas wasn't just loving around on the huge mountain with a bicycle or a dirt bike, then I think you were playing it wrong.

Uhh sorry bro, someone has to take out these rival gangs with a harrier jet. Why did you abandon your hood?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

simosimo posted:

Man, I hope there are animals ALA RDR. Can you imagine there being a zoo, and having the ability to release the animals. Hoo hooo

This would make that large country area you had to travel in between Los Santos and San Fierro a lot of fun. Maybe a chance to finally fight the legendary big foot.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

Bland posted:

The skyline in the golf shot looks more like San Fierro too. Checkmate :smugdog:
You people are going under the assumption this is the same Los Santos as in San Andreas. Liberty City in GTA4 was not the same Liberty City as in 3.

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
Looks way better than 4 graphic wise but it still has that same physics engine that I didn't like from 4. Makes everyone move all slowly and stumbly. You can see it when they push the drunk guy out of the bar or whatever onto the street.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Bland posted:

Nope that's definitely the iconic US Bank tower in LA.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***

Rirse posted:

This would make that large country area you had to travel in between Los Santos and San Fierro a lot of fun. Maybe a chance to finally fight the legendary big foot.

Yep, I also hope the mystery glendale cars of the haunted horse shoes returns. Please someone else quote this, and let me know i'm not the only sad git left.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

Fellblade posted:

This is terrible, the middle guy clearly has no tattoos on his left arm and the guy on the left is covered with them.

TATTOOS: CONFIRMED.

Also that's way too young for CJ if this is supposed to be 2010, CJ would be 40's. Tommy V would be 50's or so? That does seems like the age of the older dude.

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo

Fellblade posted:

Edit: The Claude figures funnily enough look like Claude, nothing like this guy, stop being dumbs.

all black people look the same clearly

Erwin
Feb 17, 2006

maxnmona posted:

Some of us used a tractor trailer or fire truck :colbert:

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Rirse posted:

They eat babies, you know

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

Orgophlax posted:

You people are going under the assumption this is the same Los Santos as in San Andreas. Liberty City in GTA4 was not the same Liberty City as in 3.

What do you mean you people!?

Degskallen
Aug 23, 2011

I assumed it had got into your wardrobe by mistake, sir, or else that it has been placed there by your enemies.

Biodome posted:

Looks way better than 4 graphic wise but it still has that same physics engine that I didn't like from 4. Makes everyone move all slowly and stumbly. You can see it when they push the drunk guy out of the bar or whatever onto the street.

The physics engine was the best thing about 4.

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

if you start with drums, you have to end with dynamite.
Best self-made mini-game in San Andreas: get full stars and then try to make it all the way to the top of the mountain, any non-flying vehicle.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Degskallen posted:

The physics engine was the best thing about 4.

Especially if you zero friction them.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
This is pretty much exactly what I want from another GTA game in terms of setting.

a bunch of ants
Jan 21, 2009

Wanna be professional criminals with me?
For people arguing about including LV and SF in it I kinda hope they don't, my biggest problem with San Andreas was they spread themselves too thin and there was loads of bland forests/deserts for every bad rear end Mt. Chilliad and Vinewood sign area. Also they would have definitely included them in the trailer. I hope they focus solely on Los Santos with decent amounts of hills/desert surrounding it. Also the narrator said kids so maybe they will show up solely in cutscenes, and obviously they aren't gonna be included in gameplay because shooting children is wrong on a hole different level than anything in GTA.

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house

Bland posted:

They're not going to move the swanky country club to a place like Los Santos. The country club pretty much confirms San Fierro (in my opinion), Mt. Chiliad pretty much confirms the country side and obviously Los Santos is there so with all those it stands to reason that Las Venturas will be there. So there's all 3 cities.

Yes I'm aware of the leaps in logic here

Los Santos Golf Culb

Technowrite
Jan 18, 2006

I first battled the Metroids on Planet Zebes.
Apparently some major poo poo got leaked on 4Chan or one of the Chans recently. I won't post the image here, but I will link it in case you're interested:

http://i.imgur.com/LjY0K.png

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

a bunch of ants posted:

Also they would have definitely included them in the trailer.
first san andreas trailer didn't show the other cities

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
My posting is like I Love Lucy without the funny bits. Basically, WAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Oh drat, that trailer got me so hyped. I hope they keep the "jobs", I'd love to roam around LA in a stolen cop car and pretend to be Vic Mackey.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Biodome posted:

it still has that same physics engine that I didn't like from 4.

:stare:

Dude, just... what the hell?

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
I also really hope they've revamped the clothing system because it is kind of ridiculous that 4 still had the "select each item one at a time, wait 15 seconds for the model to change" crap from SA. Just show me a list of things I can put on it and be done with it already.

ClassActJerk
Nov 4, 2010

My life has been full of terrible misfortunes most of which never happened.

Phuzun posted:

What the hell? I thought this was going to be about retirement and they start up with this action bullshit.
I too was hoping for some Social Security, AARP financial management game play.

ClassActJerk fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Nov 2, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Gardias posted:

Los Santos Golf Culb

Foiled by pixels

• Locked thread