Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

A co-worker bought a McRib because the combo was cheaper for what she really wanted (fries and a soda) and then couldn't find anyone else to give it to. I devoured that thing in about five seconds. Had no idea it was back.

Since I'm leaving early today I was planning on surviving on leftover cookies until I got home. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TShields
Mar 30, 2007

We can rule them like gods! ...Angry gods.
Week 2 of my job came to a close, and I just had my first "Beer Friday"! Last week I finished up and was sent home before the festivities began (just because I was out of work to do, not because I did anything wrong), so I made sure to stick around this time.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love
I found a package of Knorr vegetable bouillon in an abandoned cart in the parking lot of the grocery store.
I don't use bouillon, but still, free poo poo is free poo poo.

ReverendFitty
May 21, 2007

David Freese... Enough Said...

May 1, 2008

ಠ_ಠ
Got my first ever firearm today, a shotgun! Something about holding it in my hands just feels right. Also I went with my friend to a gun shop so he could order a handgun, and I found out that they had the gun that I wanted in stock. It is a rather popular model, and I had been told at my local shop that the wait period could be up to 6 months, so I reserved the gun with a down payment and will fill out the paperwork tomorrow! So happy that I don't have to wait months and months...

Budget Bears
Feb 7, 2011

I had never seen anyone make sweet love to a banjo like this before.
My awesome English teacher asked if I wanted to exchange mix CDs. I just finished making hers. I can't wait to hear whatever she gives me!

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!
Cardinals won the World Series. Enough said.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Michael D won the irish presidential election; he is a genuinely good man and will be a great president.

I am delighted :D

Crowley
Mar 13, 2003

Budget Bears posted:

My awesome English teacher asked if I wanted to exchange mix CDs. I just finished making hers. I can't wait to hear whatever she gives me!

Are mix CDs like mixtapes? (if it is she has the hots for you. :3: )

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

The Jumpoff posted:

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Crowley posted:

Mix CDs are like mixtapes except way less personal since they're much cheaper, you can fit way more music and they take so much less time and effort to make. Back before MP3 players became big, my friends and I made mix CDs for each other all the time since it was a shitload easier than just giving all our CDs to each other.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

ReverendFitty posted:

David Freese... Enough Said...

The Jumpoff posted:

I'm still in awe. That was such an amazing series.

ChaiCalico
May 23, 2008

I started getting help for anxiety/depression/social phobia ~3 months ago. Today I got to do something which I have wanted to do for years but was always afraid to.

I spent the afternoon at an animal shelter, petting all kinds of nice cats and just doing volunteer stuff. If I could afford it and my apartment didn't have a 2 cat limit, I might have adopted 4 of them.

Doing this will be a habit of mine now, loving awesome way to spend a Saturday.

MongolArcher
Jan 2, 2009

The Jumpoff posted:

Hell yeah! Grew up in the St. Louis area in the '80s. Anheiser-Busch gave out free tickets for A students, so I was my dad's favourite kid. :keke: Watching them take it all the way was awesome.

Budget Bears
Feb 7, 2011

Crowley posted:

Hahaha, I'm in high school and we're both female. I do not think she has the hots for me, but thank you for that. ;)

happyflurple
Oct 31, 2006

OgreNoah posted:

The Germans is possibly the best episode of television ever made.

It really is, I'm torn between wishing there had been more episodes yet glad they didn't run it into the ground.

Anyways my day was awesome because I've been chatting to a girl who is a mutual friend of my cousin's. She likes me, I like her, we're meeting up next weekend.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Had a really lovely week at work, a couple friends talked me into going out for "one drink" which turned into five or six hours of partying including a prolonged grind session with a lovely lady. Haven't had one of those in a really long time and I'm already feeling better about this next work week.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 39 hours!
A friend of mine got invited to a 'zombie prom', which I thought was pretty awesome and that he'd have a ton of fun with. Unfortunately, he's a manic-depressive who was currently on the 'depressive' side of things.

With a bit of convincing, I managed to tell him to make use of his hoarding tendencies to be a 'Ghost of Fads Past' by way of combining most of an Eleventh Doctor outfit, some outdated hat, a Beanie Baby, Pokemon cards, and learning as many outdated dances as he could in a six-hour timespan.

He had the time of his life :3:

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Just chillin' : )
Got my hair coloured today, the first time I have been any colour but blonde in my 31 years on this earth and I think I like it :)

Also had a great chat with my sis-in-law and feel a lot better about the assorted family dramas that have been occurring

shock.wav
May 25, 2009
Arrived at work to a bunch of staff panicking about the Admin server being down and I was the only tech coming today. I said 'give me 5 minutes' having absolutely no idea what the problem was.

Got to my office and found that someone had unplugged the media converter. Easy fix, made me look like a drat hero.

Creepy Goat
Sep 19, 2010
I was described as a 'Guardian Angel', specifically in a conversation with out arsehole bordering sexual-harrassment-committing boss. First time someone's ever said anything like that before, felt really great considering all my life all I've ever done is help and protect others who are unable to stand up for themselves.

My boss loving hates me now, but has backed the hell off :).

It also made me feel like a worthwhile human being since my dad died, and lifted a huge amount of guilt. I made it through one year and am back on the right path :unsmith:.

Creepy Goat has a new favorite as of 12:34 on Oct 31, 2011

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Derek Lowe and Nate McLouth are both getting the gently caress out of Atlanta.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

I expected today would bring a) exhaustion, b) a lot of fluff and bother over Halloween in the office, c) my old boss showing up since she's been promoted to a national position and I've heard from two different people that she was coming to see us, and d) rejection from a really great company I've applied to.

Today has instead brought a) energy, b) a subdued but still really enjoyable celebration of the holiday here in the office, c) the realization that I got bad information AND misheard the name of someone whose name is one letter off of my old boss's, and d) a phone interview for this Thursday.

All that and somebody brought a ton of KFC into the lunchroom. I am near tears.

Halcyon Leviathan
Jan 30, 2010
I managed to get up early and when I drowsily went to take my fish oil capsules I discovered that some prankster had filled the bottle with Swedish fish instead. :3: Obviously a trade up.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Tony La Russa retired. :neckbeard:

Also I'm still riding the high from winning the World Series.

and tomorrow, I get to play Uncharted 3 on my new 51" 3d plasma. :hellyeah:

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
Yesterday, I went to a small Halloween kickback. Some girl there thought I was cute.:3:

Made my week.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

He's selling the team! (And waited until after the World Series to do it.)

Budget Bears
Feb 7, 2011

Went on a date last night with this super handsome boy. We've been crushing on each other for a few months now. He drove all the way from his house, an hour away, to come pick me up so we could go rollerskating. He bought me dinner, we went to a street fair, and then hung out and talked for hours.

And then as I was leaving his car he said, "Wait, you forgot something!" and gave me a kiss on the cheek. :3:

Crowley
Mar 13, 2003

Budget Bears posted:

Went on a date last night with this super handsome boy. We've been crushing on each other for a few months now. He drove all the way from his house, an hour away, to come pick me up so we could go rollerskating. He bought me dinner, we went to a street fair, and then hung out and talked for hours.

And then as I was leaving his car he said, "Wait, you forgot something!" and gave me a kiss on the cheek. :3:

ok that's awesomely cute. :3:

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
After searching for the cause of a bug in some code for nearly two weeks, I found it and finally was able to fix it, embedded deep within some procedures. There was basically a small meeting today where we discussed how good I was for finding the code, and everyone was congratulating me. Pretty sweet.

TShields
Mar 30, 2007

We can rule them like gods! ...Angry gods.
I took a half-day at work because my new job as a non-engineer at an engineering firm ran out of things for me to do because I'm getting too fast at it, but my boss is going to teach me AutoCAD (Computer Assisted Design) so I can work on other stuff when I'm done with my daily tasks. How cool is that?!

Azrael Alexander
Jun 24, 2011

No one ever asks if Bender would like to live in a tiny little house. Not that I would. A tiny little house that says "Bender" on it.
Ceremonials :swoon:

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Moved into a new place over the weekend and I absolutely love it. It's my first big purchase making me a homeowner. It's a condo but it's exactly what I want. Tons of room and cheap as hell.

FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

I am very powerful, of course.

Got a 113% on the midterm for a class I have attended twice so far. I cracked the textbook the morning of the test. Today, I am King of the Slackers.

Reset_Smith
Apr 9, 2009

It's SQUARE, motherfuck!
Between the Buried and Me, Animals as Leaders, and Tesseract, tonight! :rock:
I am preemptively declaring my day to be awesome, as I'll be far too drunk to say it afterward.

Alternative pants
Nov 2, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Reset_Smith posted:

Between the Buried and Me, Animals as Leaders, and Tesseract, tonight! :rock:
I am preemptively declaring my day to be awesome, as I'll be far too drunk to say it afterward.

I second the motion that this will be awesome.

Polite Tim
Sep 3, 2007
'insert witty Family Guy/ Futurama/ Simpsons/ Little fucking Britian etc quote here'
Despite finding out the girl (young lady rather, i'm in my 20s now) i like has a boyfriend and is pissing off to York soon, my contribution to Movember is coming along nicely, i've been offered a free leather sofa by a colleague, which'll look real swell in the house i've just started renting

Reset_Smith
Apr 9, 2009

It's SQUARE, motherfuck!

Alternative pants posted:

I second the motion that this will be awesome.

My boss just scored me a free ticket :slick:GET THE gently caress DOWN:slick:

Alternative pants
Nov 2, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Goonspeed, my hero, goonspeed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.
After a crummy weekend and beginning-of week, last night I took a long hard look at this situation involving a couple of friends, myself, and a beautiful girl, and found a little bit of hope again because I realized an immutable and reassuring truth about the situation. I wrote it down, folded it up, and put it in my pocket, and now it is there to reassure me whenever I may need it.

This all sounds very vague and silly but you have no idea how much this note is helping me.