Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Zedd posted:

That was indeed an amazing trailer, absolutely amazing.

That YouTube video isn't available for me but it's the "Welcome to the Jungle" trailer, isn't it?

Best video game trailer ever made, no question.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

I wanna play GTA SA again (PC Version) but I don't feel like grinding the missions to unlock all the cities/jetpack/etc., is there a mod that unlocks everything and lets me just gently caress around? Also are there any must-have mods?

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Starks posted:

I wanna play GTA SA again (PC Version) but I don't feel like grinding the missions to unlock all the cities/jetpack/etc., is there a mod that unlocks everything and lets me just gently caress around? Also are there any must-have mods?
Just download a 100% save, or any other save that is where you want to be.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Dan Hollis posted:

I hope they finally create a level skip cheat.

GTA 1 for Game Boy Color had that. You just pressed B when you got a game over (from losing all your lives) instead of A and it unlocked the next "level" of the city or unlocked the next one as appropriate.

Toothy
Jan 30, 2006

There's treasure everywhere!
I'm really hoping for multiplayer in V that implements some sort of level/unlock system similar to COD:MW. Say what you want about that franchise, but it certainly is addicting gameplay and keeps me coming back.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I just want infinite hitman missions those were my favourite :) .

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Starks posted:

How did I forget about the jetpack?

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Toothy posted:

I'm really hoping for multiplayer in V that implements some sort of level/unlock system similar to COD:MW. Say what you want about that franchise, but it certainly is addicting gameplay and keeps me coming back.

I rather have them just giving us races/sandbox and put their effort into the SP.
This game doesn't need MP anyway.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

A5H posted:

I just want infinite hitman missions those were my favourite :) .

This. Also infinite police computer missions.

Joda
Apr 24, 2010

When I'm off, I just like to really let go and have fun, y'know?

Fun Shoe

Corzaa posted:

This. Also infinite police computer missions.

And some sort of reward for completing them. Or was that just a bug I had? I must admit I was surprised when I went through the entire list of most wanted and the game didn't even acknowledge I had done them all.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Zedd posted:

I rather have them just giving us races/sandbox and put their effort into the SP.
This game doesn't need MP anyway.

No, it totally does need to keep the "running around the entire game area with friends online and just loving with poo poo" multiplayer mode at the very least.

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
I'm approaching the part where GTAIV just becomes a trial of tedium. I'm doing the Packie missions and every mission now is some shootout in a warehouse. :(

Joda posted:

And some sort of reward for completing them. Or was that just a bug I had? I must admit I was surprised when I went through the entire list of most wanted and the game didn't even acknowledge I had done them all.

GTAIV doesn't reward you for anything unless it's related to keeping your "friends" happy.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
You should get the Simple trainer for IV if you don't already. It works its way into IV and has an ingame menu of cool stuff. I like to use the carspeedup cheat and launch off ramps. And use teleports to go back to the jump :)

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Install Gentoo posted:

No, it totally does need to keep the "running around the entire game area with friends online and just loving with poo poo" multiplayer mode at the very least.

Yeah I had a lot of fun in free mode, but I really don't see the need to turn it into some modern warfare competitive ranking ridiculousness. I just don't think the controls allow for enough skill to make it that competitive. Game has enough completionist stuff with just trophies. In terms of multiplayer modes aside from just screwing around, I sure wish the PC version would be more friendly to mods and even allow scripting like sa:mp did. I'd love to see another goon-run mmo gta game, especially after the disappointment that was APB.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
If R* could find some way to make their PvP multiplayer feel less wonky and more competitive I think they'd have some golden multiplayer going on. The base-jumping mode for BOGT was a thing of beauty for the 3 days that people actually played it. Same thing with the helicopter vs. motorcycle mode one of them put in. poo poo now that I think about it the racing modes were always awesome too until your car got blown up.

That Awful Nick
Oct 7, 2008

"I've got the knowledge!"

The multiplayer in Red Dead Redemption was chock full of fun stuff to do and I really never felt it go stale or wonky. I would assume that they'd apply the idea of a mutiplayer free-roam lobby that interfaces with instanced PVP to GTAV since it went over so well in RDR.

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!

Intel&Sebastian posted:

If R* could find some way to make their PvP multiplayer feel less wonky and more competitive I think they'd have some golden multiplayer going on. The base-jumping mode for BOGT was a thing of beauty for the 3 days that people actually played it. Same thing with the helicopter vs. motorcycle mode one of them put in. poo poo now that I think about it the racing modes were always awesome too until your car got blown up.

I always felt the multiplayer was ruined by the ridiculously potent lockon, and I struggled to get a game without it.

Not to mention they had no effective region filtering in GTA4 and p2p connections were barely up to the tast of local games, never mind Euro to US games.

Toothy
Jan 30, 2006

I felt like multiplayer in IV was never quite as fun as the good times I had with a bunch of goons on MTA back in the day.

User-created maps were the best. Boatse, oj chase, pushover nitro, joust gold, kill jack thompson... :pcgaming: And those were just elaborate races!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRaMibOUWp0

Toothy fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Nov 4, 2011

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Install Gentoo posted:

That is the one I meant with "sandbox".

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Are there still many MTA Race servers up. I still think that was one of the funnest online games I have ever played.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Toothy posted:

I felt like multiplayer in IV was never quite as fun as the good times I had with a bunch of goons on MTA back in the day.

User-created maps were the best. Boatse, oj chase, pushover nitro, joust gold, kill jack thompson... :pcgaming: And those were just elaborate races!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRaMibOUWp0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zorBRIQyZL0

My very favourite SAMP video. Some of the close calls are real holy poo poo moments.

TMA
Mar 27, 2002

Toothy posted:

Ah, the good old "Blah called a vote for a random map". Was it really random or just "that map" ? (Lawnmowers on a tower).

And OJ still exists: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4j6r3FHmqQo

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Songbearer posted:

My very favourite SAMP video. Some of the close calls are real holy poo poo moments.

Holy poo poo that is amazing.

Toothy
Jan 30, 2006

TMA posted:

Ah, the good old "Blah called a vote for a random map". Was it really random or just "that map" ? (Lawnmowers on a tower).

It was actually random. Some of them were complete poo poo, but that just made it funnier. I remember one in particular was a bunch of hay bales suspended in the air over the water, with explosive barrels inside. Everyone spawned in ATVs. Whoever made it to the top of the stack first pushed a barrel down a tube and killed everyone else. :haw:

TMA
Mar 27, 2002

Toothy posted:

It was actually random.

Nope. Some funny man made a map that was called "a random map" that consisted of everyone spawning on top of a tower in lawnmowers.
:)

Toothy
Jan 30, 2006

It was you, wasn't it? Apparently I haven't played since 2006.

Dan Hollis
Jun 16, 2006

Surprise!!!

Songbearer posted:

Does this game mode exist in the official games? Because it is awesome.

Rubber Slug
Aug 7, 2010

THE BLUE DEMON RIDES AGAIN

Dan Hollis posted:

Does this game mode exist in the official games? Because it is awesome.

Not that I'm aware of. They really need to put that poo poo in though.

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you
Someone should get a private game server of Multi Theft Auto going. I would be in like Flynn.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
The hunt is still on for a fix for San Andreas on steam. The Steam forums are useless. I fail to just give because my computer is 'too new for it'. gently caress this game.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I have zero issues with it on an i5 2500k/560ti myself, must be your computer being unlucky?

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Songbearer posted:

This is one of the most awesome things I've ever seen. I was on the edge of my seat.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Mordaedil posted:

But it's true that part of the problem GTA has is that their universe is kinda going for the more realistic one, so running people over with cars is almost tragic and shooting people actually gives you a guilty conscience in its cut-scenes.

The only times I felt kinda bad for killing somebody was when I drove very fast and rammed my car into another, killing the driver. Maybe because it was unintentional?

webmeister posted:

That YouTube video isn't available for me but it's the "Welcome to the Jungle" trailer, isn't it?

Best video game trailer ever made, no question.

I will always have a space in my heart for the GTAIII trailer set to the opera song “O mio babbino caro”. So beautiful.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
One day I'm going to be sitting in a retirement home, tubes inserted into every opening, with an emulated xbox 360 on my nano-computer playing GTA4 while I sit giggling as I drive real fast and make Nico dive out of the car and flip around.

SimonNotGarfunkel
Jan 28, 2011

Mandrel posted:

This is one of the most awesome things I've ever seen. I was on the edge of my seat.

I can't stop laughing at "smear the queer".

SimonNotGarfunkel fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Nov 4, 2011

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Intel&Sebastian posted:

One day I'm going to be sitting in a retirement home, tubes inserted into every opening, with an emulated xbox 360 on my nano-computer playing GTA4 while I sit giggling as I drive real fast and make Nico dive out of the car and flip around.

This is a man who is good at video games.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***

Zedd posted:

I have zero issues with it on an i5 2500k/560ti myself, must be your computer being unlucky?

If I see another 'make sure the framelimiter is on' post, I think I will shoot a puppy. Two puppies for compatability mode.

Bone_Enterprise
Aug 9, 2005

Inception Cigars
www.inceptioncigars.com

simosimo posted:

If I see another 'make sure the framelimiter is on' post, I think I will shoot a puppy. Two puppies for compatability mode.

As long as this is done while smoking a Cohiba Behike 52.

Role Play McMurphy
Jul 15, 2010

SimonNotGarfunkel posted:

I can't stop laughing at "smear the queer".

It's a backyard football game as old as time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

I was going to make some comment about how backwards Americans are but in Scotland we called that game 'hunt the oval office'.

• Locked thread