Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

theradiostillsucks
Feb 3, 2006

I am the undisputed king of an infinite amount of nothing, don't correct me when I'm wrong, I'm proud to wear the crown of fools
Good news for metalheads: hot on the heels of Back on Black's reissue of Bolt Thrower's In Battle There is No Law, Metal Blade will be reissuing all of Bolt Thrower's Metal Blade albums (Mercenary, Honour Valour Pride and Those Once Loyal). Of course, the real coup would be for Earache to reissue the really classic albums that routinely fetch high prices, but I'll take what I can get, especially considering how consistent a band they are/were.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

fozzie dunlop posted:

Last I checked we still had plenty of the colored copies in stock. I'll pack your order with love and caring :3:

I actually ordered them both last night before that post! Though I had actually ordered them last night and it looks like they got shipped this afternoon, before your post. I do hope that you put in that love and caring though, if'n it was you that packed it. I'm very excited for them. We'll see if I get the White and Orange Confusion/Bad Moon records. You guys have those too, but I don't like those albums as much.

Randomly at work we had what appeared to be an imported copy of Boris's Rainbow. It wasn't something we had in stock, but it looks like someone just slipped it into our used section, still in good condition. The outside was all in Portuguese but the insert was Japanese. I wanted to just take it home but my boss is going to put a sticker on it and sell it.

fozzie dunlop
Feb 28, 2008

by exmarx

theradiostillsucks posted:

Good news for metalheads: hot on the heels of Back on Black's reissue of Bolt Thrower's In Battle There is No Law, Metal Blade will be reissuing all of Bolt Thrower's Metal Blade albums (Mercenary, Honour Valour Pride and Those Once Loyal). Of course, the real coup would be for Earache to reissue the really classic albums that routinely fetch high prices, but I'll take what I can get, especially considering how consistent a band they are/were.

FVKK YES :black101:

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?

NESguerilla posted:

drat. Didn't realize that their poo poo was so pricey. I have the Tremulant EP sitting around here somewhere. Bought it when it came out for $6 :cool:
Actually, that's the only vinyl of theirs that I've seen. I think it was like $50 or some poo poo, and I'm not really into that EP anyway, so I passed.

Checking out Discogs right now, it is loving hard to believe that the Deloused 2LP goes for $200. Goddamn I need a higher paying job. That is craaaazy.

Farts Domino
May 8, 2004

Just a heads-up if there actually are some posters nearby, I'm throwin another record fair on November 12th in New Orleans. Details o'er here: http://recordraid.wordpress.com/

Space Faggot
Jun 11, 2009
Today (yesterday) was a good day:

Herbie Hancock - Fat Albert Rotunda (in the $1 bin)
Kreator - Pleasure to Kill
Insect Surfers - Reverb Sun
Candlemass - Nightfall
Mtume - In Search of the Rainbow Seekers
The Wild Angels Soundtrack Vol II - Davie Allan and The Arrows

I've never seen Herbie Hancock in the $1 bin before, not even his disco stuff let alone something this early. I had no idea that any of the Insect Surfers 90s stuff was released on vinyl so that was a nice surprise.

Farts Domino
May 8, 2004

Space human being posted:

I had no idea that any of the Insect Surfers 90s stuff was released on vinyl so that was a nice surprise.
I'm not really a huge fan of theirs but all of their CDs that I've heard sound so thin, the vinyl copies really help from from the ones I've heard

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Herbie Hancock - Fat Albert Rotunda (in the $1 bin)

I've never seen Herbie Hancock in the $1 bin before, not even his disco stuff let alone something this early.

:aaaaa: Finding Herbie Hancock for $1 would seriously make my entire year.

thebigpicture
Nov 14, 2007
After seeing the blue/pink set for the new M83 I had to pick it up. Also got Jethro Tull - Stand Up and Weather Report - Heavy Weather. When you open the gatefold for Stand Up there is a pop-out of the band, pretty cool. It's surprisingly in great condition.

Space Faggot
Jun 11, 2009

surc posted:

:aaaaa: Finding Herbie Hancock for $1 would seriously make my entire year.

Tell me about it. I found Monster for $3 once, and that was cheap only because everybody hates his disco albums (for some reason?). Finding this sandwiched between $1 bin veterans Pat Benatar and The Brothers Johnson was a huge surprise to say the least.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I got my copy of Head Hunters for $2. It's pristine; I'm convinced the owner of one of the record stores around here is a racist. His bargain stuff is all amazing albums by black artists like that, while every lovely Van Halen compilation is like $18.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Man, and I was ecstatic to find a good copy of Headhunters for $10! I don't feel too bad about it though, it was a little indie shop that a guy started with his personal collection.
Maybe I'm just unlucky with my timing, but I feel like vinyl's just too popular in the bay area for me to catch many really good deals. :(

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
Some new stuff that just came in.

'Terry Reid - Seed of Memories' Such an incredible album and I got a sealed copy for relatively cheap.
'Owen - Ghost Town' On clear vinyl. Sweet little album.
'Dirty Projectors/Bjork - Mount Wittenberg Orca' Actually blind bought this yet being a fan of both I was willing to take the chance. My copy came with a photo copy of the cover, signed by members of the band. Also, the cover is one of those lenticular ones, but this is the first time I've seen the effect work this well.

Duckula
Aug 31, 2001

do not resuscitate

That coloured M83 looks lush. I can't justify double dipping on it though. I don't think Urban Outfitters over here in the UK sell vinyl...

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

I didn't think I'd actually go and inspire so many people (at this point, two) to go out and buy it. But it really is gorgeous. There's something wonderful about colored vinyl that makes it so tempting to own. It's definitely what pushed me into ordering E.V.O.L. and Sister. I even spent an extra $2 to get the colored version of a touring band's LP that came through town.

I seriously want my band to record and press to vinyl just so I can make a few colored copies of it, expenses be damned.

Space Faggot
Jun 11, 2009
re: Insect Surfers

Farts Domino posted:

I'm not really a huge fan of theirs

My birthday mail just came in, maybe this is more your speed:

Happy Birthday to me.

cheapandugly
Jul 6, 2007
Look what just came from the Netherlands:
In a box covered in beautiful Dutch postage stamps

(This guy seriously paid international shipping to the US with postage stamps)

Just so delicious, my first COIL album not on CD.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Happy Birthday to me.

Happy Birthday. I've had that Space Cossacks / Hypnomen split since it came out and I have to say the record is every bit as good as the cover art.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

cheapandugly posted:

(This guy seriously paid international shipping to the US with postage stamps)

Buying vinyl records, using postage stamps - same difference really. I use stamps when I can because they cost the same and look a bit nicer.

Farts Domino
May 8, 2004

Happy Birthday to me.
hahaha how are you liking that Coffin Daggers album? I didn't find it quite as hard-hitting as their first one but I followed it so closely that I don't think I'll admit to myself that it's anything less than great

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
I saw this record I'd really like but it's a signed picture disc...

Wouldn't that loving ruin the record though? Why would you do that?

Pious Pete
Sep 8, 2006

Ladies like that, right?
My favorite record store, Music Saves, had surprise sale today so I drove up for some slick deals.

The Beach Boys - Pet Sounds ($10 German print used, near mint)
Herzog - Search
Jens Lekman - Night Falls Over Kortedala
Shabazz Palaces - Black Up
Hooray for Earth - True Loves
Basement Jaxx - Rooty (Not super into house music, but it was only $4 and I figured it'd be a good introduction)

You can't really see in that picture, but Shabazz came in a super classy rubber (maybe vinyl?) jacket.

Also, check out the sweet colored vinyl for Herzog. (Local Cleveland band and coincidentally my favorite of the day).

Pretty awesome haul I'd say.

Space Faggot
Jun 11, 2009

Farts Domino posted:

hahaha how are you liking that Coffin Daggers album? I didn't find it quite as hard-hitting as their first one but I followed it so closely that I don't think I'll admit to myself that it's anything less than great

I haven't heard their first but I think this is pretty killer. I only found out about this at the end of their kickstarter thing via your show so I know how pumped you were. Their "A Shot In The Dark" is probably my favorite mildly-surf-related version I've heard but then again I've only heard The Boardwalkers and The Bradipos IV do it.

Wronkos
Jan 1, 2011

thebigpicture posted:

I was about to get that M83 record after their concert here finished up, but as I got up to the counter, somebody took the last one along with Before The Dawn Heals Us. :negative:

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

cheapandugly posted:

Awesome COIL Lp

Niiice. How much did you end up paying for this?

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

Some days you just wish you made a lot more money than you do.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

I think that's every day for most people.

cheapandugly
Jul 6, 2007

hatelull posted:

Niiice. How much did you end up paying for this?

About $55 shipped, not too crazy as far as Coil records go.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

klonkadonk posted:

I was about to get that M83 record after their concert here finished up, but as I got up to the counter, somebody took the last one along with Before The Dawn Heals Us. :negative:

Was it the special colorful version? Because I thought that Urban Outfitters had an exclusive deal on it.

(Case in point, my friend just picked a copy up at a local record store because he didn't believe me. The records were black- but at least that one came with a download code :smith:)

FYI: Urban Outfitters is selling the exclusive edition on their website, along with their also-exclusive versions of Feist's Metals in tie-dye grey (which is much prettier than I made it sound) and Bon Iver in.....red(?)- if you don't live in the US/don't want to set foot in an Urban Outfitters.

My sister tells me their shipping is quite good.

LtTennisBall
Apr 5, 2009
So I now own a 9 inch record. It's a split between The Saddest Landscape and Pianos Become the Teeth. It has an etched b-side, and is very cool.

Wronkos
Jan 1, 2011

Electric Bugaloo posted:

Was it the special colorful version? Because I thought that Urban Outfitters had an exclusive deal on it.

Yeah, it was. They were selling a handful at the venue, but I couldn't push my way to the front in time. I'll get it in the future, but for now, I'll settle with the shirt I bought instead (which is also sold at Urban Outfitters).

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

I'm a fucking pain machine and if you even touch my fucking car I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU.

Electric Bugaloo posted:

Makes plenty of sense to me. It also explains why nobody big had any info on the thing (It's apparently a "Fan Club" LP, but I doubt the TH have an official fan club at this point).

Fan Club pressings are just regular old bootlegs. I have a lot of em, none of which certainly were released by any sort of "fan club." Off the top of my head the Outo discography and the Starjets' "God Bless the Starjets" lps.

hedgecore
May 2, 2004
Detournement's new record flexi packaging is epic.

http://piratespressrecords.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_4&products_id=174

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
I just started getting into vinyl hehe. It is...addicting.

Homemade frames for a few of my favorites on the wall.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
Some recent purchases.

Still waiting on a couple more in the mail :shobon:

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

I'm a fucking pain machine and if you even touch my fucking car I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU.

hedgecore posted:

Detournement's new record flexi packaging is epic.

There was some metal band that stole Eric Gein's idea to sell serial killer memorabilia and put dirt from John Wayne Gacy's backyard in their sleeves, that's pretty epic.

My friends and I started a record club where everyone brings over 5 or 6 records and we play anywhere from 2 tracks to a whole LP. I'm documenting the records and making a one sheet flyer for what we listened to or whatnot. Its pretty fun and we got some good ones for our first time (Apostles, Chosen Few, etc).

Ron Burgundy
Dec 24, 2005
This burrito is delicious, but it is filling.

Not an Anthem posted:

My friends and I started a record club where everyone brings over 5 or 6 records and we play anywhere from 2 tracks to a whole LP. I'm documenting the records and making a one sheet flyer for what we listened to or whatnot. Its pretty fun and we got some good ones for our first time (Apostles, Chosen Few, etc).

That's a great idea!

I've been getting into 20-30's country/delta blues lately. Having the songs on CD is good enough because of their rarity. Even some reissue LP's from the 60s are quite sought after. I was just curious if anyone here collected the 78's.

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks
new store opened up in town, they're clearly still getting everything set up, but I did find Big Black's Racer-X (92 reissue) and Headache EPs. Should be getting a big buncha punk/hardcore in soon that I'm going to dig into!!

cheapandugly
Jul 6, 2007
Just received this fabulous work in the mail today :
Front:

Back:

Label:

I can't wait until no one else is home so I can actually listen to it. I'm planning on picking up the rest of the series of reissues as well.

Big Business Sloth, nice haul on the Big Black EPs. I've got both myself, and they're absolute favorites of mine. Did your copy of Headache still have the "Not Quite as Good as Atomizer" sticker on it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks

cheapandugly posted:

Just received this fabulous work in the mail today :
Front:

Back:

Label:

I can't wait until no one else is home so I can actually listen to it. I'm planning on picking up the rest of the series of reissues as well.

Big Business Sloth, nice haul on the Big Black EPs. I've got both myself, and they're absolute favorites of mine. Did your copy of Headache still have the "Not Quite as Good as Atomizer" sticker on it?

yeah it does, fuckin decent TG by the way