Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
hey start:nya-sh

Onomarchus posted:

Murder isn't what I was worried about.

Well, I didn't want to be super creepy and get detailed about it. I assume anyone watching understands what I was getting at.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
On a less creepy note, Carnival Phantasm 5 has been translated.

Berserka~

The Holy Queef
Jul 13, 2003
No, it is not gross, in fact, it's funny, yeah, think of it that way.

Marin Karin posted:

Berserka~

nice!!!!

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Even in metafiction Lancer can't catch a break. :(

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
Reposting this from the Anime Gifs thread over in PYF because it's one of my favorite moments in this series so far:

So much loving detail for such a simple thing.

Safety Biscuits
Oct 21, 2010

Marin Karin posted:

Berserka~

Much better than the first series, I hope it stays as good.

Lansa~

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

House Louse posted:

Lansa~

Seriously. Did they get new writers or something? Even the Phantasmoon bit was great.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
What are the chances they ditched the Aftershool Alleyway Alliance?

Minutes of precious animation they could have spent on actual jokes, wasted by crap.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Pierson posted:

What are the chances they ditched the Aftershool Alleyway Alliance?

Minutes of precious animation they could have spent on actual jokes, wasted by crap.
I loved that segment, gently caress you.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Endorph posted:

My thoughts precisely =D

The Holy Queef
Jul 13, 2003
No, it is not gross, in fact, it's funny, yeah, think of it that way.

Marin Karin posted:

Seriously. Did they get new writers or something? Even the Phantasmoon bit was great.

i was going to post this!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

House Louse posted:

Lansa~

Really? The episode got chuckles out of me just like the first series did but it didn't seem particularly better though. Fumoffu!? still remains the most gut-busting anime in recent memory for me.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Endorph posted:

ChronoReverse posted:

My thoughts precisely =D

I thought I was the only one!

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

That was the first outright good episode of Carnival Phantasm. The only bit I had a problem with was the completely incomprehensible Tiger Dojo. Of course apparently the next episode is about Sakura so I guess it'll be extra horrible to make up for the competence displayed in this one.

Also I seriously don't understand why anyone would be missing AAA. It was the same joke over and over. "All according to my calculations" wasn't funny the first time, why would it be funny the next 10 times?

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

Les soldats se trouvent dans la vérité.

Rodyle posted:

Also I seriously don't understand why anyone would be missing AAA. It was the same joke over and over. "All according to my calculations" wasn't funny the first time, why would it be funny the next 10 times?
I guess people enjoy watching Sacchin suffer. I do too, but that by itself wasn't nearly enough to salvage those segments.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

I liked it mainly because Riesbyfe actually got shown outside of the Melty Blood games, and was kinda funny over all. The snap motion always makes me chuckle.

EDIT: Thinking back, it may have been because I watched the first four with a friend, and we did the snap motion every time.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
The Tiger Dojo joke was "Taiga trying to be an English-speaking sexpot is funny".

Kweh
Jul 20, 2006

ROYAL
STRAIGHT
FLUSH
The best part of the show is Phantas-Moon. Anyone who doesn't accept this is only in denial.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Word is that next month's Type Moon Ace will announce a new Fate/Apocrypha project. It might not be too late for those crazy servant designs after all!

There's also gonna be a demo version of Mahou Tsukai no Yoru, so who knows, maybe Type Moon will actually produce something this decade.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Bakanogami posted:

Word is that next month's Type Moon Ace will announce a new Fate/Apocrypha project. It might not be too late for those crazy servant designs after all!

There's also gonna be a demo version of Mahou Tsukai no Yoru, so who knows, maybe Type Moon will actually produce something this decade.

Speaking of that, whatever happened to that Tsukihime remake? Is it stuck in Development Hell, or was it just a rumor to begin with?

ShinsoBEAM!
Nov 6, 2008

"Even if this body of mine is turned to dust, I will defend my country."

Bakanogami posted:

Ohh god I hope this is true.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Cliche dating sim where you play as Frankenstein. Wanna go on a date with Shakespeare.

EDIT: Also the Tsukihime remake is definitely happening, but it's probably just in the planning stages until Aoko's VN is finished.

Safety Biscuits
Oct 21, 2010

ChronoReverse posted:

Really? The episode got chuckles out of me just like the first series did but it didn't seem particularly better though. Fumoffu!? still remains the most gut-busting anime in recent memory for me.

Horses for courses, but I thought "Berserker goes shopping" was a big improvement over "Melty Blood girls play beach volleyball" (just boring), "the Fifth War is a gameshow" (disappointing really), or AAA (as bad as SYD). Now if they could just do a Phantasmoon episode with Akiha up to one of her silly schemes I'd be really happy...

While I was writing this Endorph posted:

Cliche dating sim where you play as Frankenstein. Wanna go on a date with Shakespeare.

There's no context that can live up to this line.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Bakanogami posted:

Oh god drat it. I mean, Vlad 2 and Shakespeare were awesome but the rest were either just okay or awful.

Kweh posted:

The best part of the show is Phantas-Moon. Anyone who doesn't accept this is only in denial.
Or requires their comedy series to feature actual jokes.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Afterschool Alleyway Alliance is just a Manzai comedy with two Bokes (funnymen) and one Tsukkomi (straight man). Satsuki tries to play it straight and simply tell a story, Riesbyfe screws it up, and Sion doesn't help either. That kind of comedy isn't really for anybody, I suppose. Given how sad Sacchin usually is already, though, I can't help but laugh at her repeated failed attempts at maintaining any sort of relevance. Deliciously sad.

Anywho, episode 6 simply cannot come fast enough. I realize it'll be a ton slower than 5, but I'm dying to see where Caster goes with this crazy obsession now. :unsmigghh:

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Bakanogami posted:

Is it possible for a link?

Merlin would be a neat caster, or Nicholas Flamel. Fullmetal Alchemist dissapointed me that he never showed.

quote:

I liked it mainly because Riesbyfe actually got shown outside of the Melty Blood games, and was kinda funny over all. The snap motion always makes me chuckle.

EDIT: Thinking back, it may have been because I watched the first four with a friend, and we did the snap motion every time.

Yup, there's just something cathartic about that snap motion.

Raenir Salazar fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Nov 5, 2011

Katsudon
Oct 21, 2010

Shut up Adachi.
Finally got around to watching episode 5 after putting it off forever. I just had to echo everyone else's sentiments that it was awesome as hell and holy poo poo Caster how do you manage to steal the show in like 2 minutes of screen time.

With a fantastic over the top voice actor apparently but still.

Oh god so excited for tomorrow's ep now. Definitely not going to put it off this time.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Raenir Salazar posted:

There's not much else to be said, really, but here's the ANN story. As far as I know the only thing released is the cover, which specifically mentions the Mahoyo demo and the start of a new Fate/Apocrypha project.

No word yet if they're bringing back the online game concept or doing something entirely different with the design work they'd put in on it. And even then if it's not contracted out to another studio like Extra or Unlimited Codes it would be what, fourth in line on Type/Moon's project list? In any event, we'll have more details before Christmas.

Killbot
Jun 19, 2003

You know, you kids really ought to stop getting involved with this stuff.

Kweh posted:

My favorite parts are whenever those drat cats show up. And it figures the Holy Grail is a Neco Arc in a water heater.

Kweh
Jul 20, 2006

ROYAL
STRAIGHT
FLUSH
Beams are so... Unisex.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy

Killbot posted:

My favorite parts are whenever those drat cats show up. And it figures the Holy Grail is a Neco Arc in a water heater.

It even showcases how wonderful the prize is at the end of a tournament!

'It... it's not even an Eneloop.'

Wili
Apr 7, 2010

ppppbbbbtttthhhhhhttppp!

Raenir Salazar posted:

Merlin would be a neat caster, or Nicholas Flamel. Fullmetal Alchemist dissapointed me that he never showed.

If you want to see some of the servants that were designed, they are over here.

Jack The Ripper's design is completely ridiculous, but I like her super-specific murder-themed skills that work together with one another. That looks like it could result in interesting scenes, if F/A is a novel in the end.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
A lot of them are girls for no reason (yes I know the reason but you know what I mean) or anime as gently caress but some of them are really good. David, Benkei and Shakespeare definitely look like legit Servants. poo poo like Jack and Frakenstein much less so.

Omniphile
Apr 5, 2010

Love? Justice? Pah! I'll crush them all!
There's also a huge power gap, like Joan of 'Noble Phantasm = Death' Arc vs. Karna, Invincible Sun-God. That flaming stake sword better be EX Rank for that price!

I'm kind of partial to Saint George, though. We haven't really seen a Servant whose class is essentially 'Tank'.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

Episode six is up.

edit: Iri was taught how to drive by Yukari from Azumanga Daioh apparently.

Marin Karin fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Nov 5, 2011

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
YES!

Kiritsugu is the best. :allears:

Skwerl
Sep 3, 2006
damn kids...
team kiritsugu is like Akemi Homura of this show. :clint:

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
I love the expression of Irisviel and how much she enjoys crazy driving.

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Ahaha, they sure censored the hell out of that scene.

Storytime, everyone!

quote:

In the darkness as thick as blood, only one solitary candle flicked. The dim candlelight reflected Uryū Ryūnosuke's handsome face.

Scarlet blood completely smeared these fingers too delicate for a man. In front of the man, who sat beside a long table, three rows of raw meat that reflected bright red were placed.

They were intestines. On the long table were human intestines.

Ryūnosuke stared intently at the intestines in front of him, then picked up a tuning fork with his left hand and hit it on the edge of the table. Ding. The tuning fork emitted a clear sound.

Before the clear sound of the tuning completely disappeared, he quickly poked everywhere on the intestines with his right hand.

At that time –

Ahhh...

Haaa...

A seemingly agonizing sound suddenly came out of the darkness.

Ryūnosuke listened carefully to the sound emitted, and nodded satisfactorily after he compared it with the residue echo of the tuning fork.

"Very good, so here it's ‘mi'."

As he spoke, he marked a point on the intestines with a pin. Many similar marks of musical notes have already been made on the incessantly quivering intestine.

The intestines seemed to be still alive. To be correct, it seems the owner of the intestines was still alive.

On the crucifix on top of the long table, a girl who was sobbing incessantly with pain was tied up. A horizontal cut was made on her abdomen, and the innards that were dragged out were being fondled with in Ryūnosuke's hand.

Even Bluebeard praised Ryūnosuke for his idea of making a living human into a pipe organ to play lamenting music. To make the girl picked as the material not die from massive blood loss or infections, Bluebeard placed a few healing and rejuvenation spells on her body, and specially made some adjustments to prevent the pain from numbing her brain.

Ryūnosuke had always been frustrated with the fact that the human body stops its life-like activities as soon as it encounters a slightly extreme stimulation.

But now, with the help of thaumaturgy, all these previous hurdles were solved easily. Now, Ryūnosuke can flutter his wings of perception freely, improvising at will.

"Very good, so one more time. 'Do re mi~'"

Ryūnosuke hummed as he pressed down on the intestine keyboard. But the sound of agony that accompanied his movement was very unharmonious with his own tune.

"... Hm?"

The tuner smeared with blood furrowed his brows and tilted his head, and once again pressed down on the place he just fine tuned with the tuning fork. However, the sound made by the girl tied on the crucifix was completely different from the marked noted.

Upon careful reflection, although the stimulation happens in the same place it doesn't guarantee that the moaning made would be the same. This human instrument is flawed in its basic conceptual design.

"Huh... what a failure."

Ryūnosuke sighed unhappily and scratched his head.

After the human canopy he tried hard to design yesterday, this human instrument also ended in failure. If this frustration keeps going on, even Ryūnosuke would lose confidence.

But just then, Ryūnosuke suddenly remembered what Bluebeard said to him in consolation after his failure at making the canopy yesterday.

"No matter what, the idea is the most important. Even though the final result is not as satisfactory as imagined, the act of challenging it already matters a lot by itself."

Ryūnosuke was inspired by the words of the exalted fiend. For a youth who was never understood by anyone, who created art alone, the encouragement of these words held great meaning.

Hard work is needed. Ryūnosuke once again picked up his spirits. It won't do to be afraid of failure. Failure is the mother of success; a long journey begins from the ground beneath his feet.

After all, he has to think progressively. It's too early to discard the making of this human instrument. If he can find the root of the problem, he might be able to find some solution.

And, sounds aside, the expression of pain the girl had when he fondled with the intestine taken out of her body was also extraordinarily alluring. To discard such a precious expression would more or less be a waste.

The air, full of the stench of blood, suddenly felt heavy. The density of prana floating in the air became even thicker. All this signaled the owner of this thaumaturgical workshop has returned.

"Ah, welcome back, Sir."

Appearing gradually in the candle light, Bluebeard, Servant Caster, didn't even give Ryūnosuke a glance. The emotionless face, compared with the singing and dancing expression of joy when he left, was a complete one-hundred-eighty-degree turn.

Looks like something unpleasant happened while he was out. Although Ryūnosuke was a bit worried, he still couldn't wait to report the fruits of his research to him.

"Sir, I'm very sorry. As you said, the instrument didn't work. But I– "

"–not enough."

"Aye?"

Ryūnosuke haven't figured out what the sentence suddenly uttered by Bluebeard meant. Caster left the shocked Ryūnosuke at the side, stretched out a hand from inside the black robe, and placed it on the gasping girl tied on the crucifix like the claw of an eagle.

"It's definitely not enough! This degree!"

"Ah, yeah. I figured that out too... Huh?"

Ryūnosuke's sentence stopped halfway through. Caster's spider-like fingers gradually increased in force; the girl's head was squashed to pieces in his hand as if it was a fruit.

"T-This..."

Ryūnosuke wasn't very unhappy with Bluebeard's attitude towards him. He understood that right now he was in an emotionally agitated state, and was completely ignorant of Ryūnosuke's existence.

"Oh you abominable God, even now you still bind Jeanne's soul and are unwilling to let her go! These blasphemous sacrifices are not yet enough!"

There were no light of reason in Bluebeard's eyes, who was roaring with spit flying from his mouth. Although Ryūnosuke didn't know what happened, the Jeanne he spoke of must be the armored girl they saw in the crystal ball.

Probably trauma caused by emotional problems with his ex.

Ryūnosuke began to pity him. Although they haven't spent a long time together, Ryūnosuke knew this odd-looking fiend in front of him is in fact extremely simple in his emotions.

"I must let her know that in this world the so-called God is only a hollow myth. Things like save the entire world are only boasting lies. The prayers of the silent lamb will never be passed on to Heaven!"

"Hum, yes. I understand, Sir."

Chiming along, Ryūnosuke obviously had no idea what Bluebeard's words meant, and he had no intention of trying to find it out; he thinks it's very vulgar to barge in on other people's emotional problems.

"Just blaspheming God is not enough! We must also prove to the world the powerlessness of God's authority and the hypocrisy of God's love! We need to prove God does not have the ability to carry out judgment! No matter how much evil you've committed you will not suffer God's punishment. Isn't it so, Ryūnosuke?"

"Ah, stuff like God are just boring old tricks that stupid people believe in. Sir, you're so much cooler compared to that fake God."

"Then, let us blaspheme God even more vigorously! We will pile the sacrifices of blasphemy as high as mountains, and place this scene in front of her."

Toward Bluebeard's declaration, Ryūnosuke contemplated it a little.

"Um, that means... we're gonna go beyond what we're doing right now in quality and quantity?"

"Yes, exactly! You're indeed Ryūnosuke! You understood my meaning very well."

When he saw that Ryūnosuke completely understood what he meant, Bluebeard immediately had a face full of smiles and clapped the other's shoulder. Ryūnosuke got used to his extreme change of temperament ages ago.

Only that, to the change of methods he spoke of before, Ryūnosuke has absolutely no interest in.

"Ryūnosuke, how many children are still locked in the cells?"

"... There are still eleven of them alive. Three died when I just played a little with them."

"Very good. Start with those eleven; make them sacrifices as soon as possible. When we're finished with them, we'll capture other children as replacement before tomorrow morning."

"That's... a bit of a pity."

After all, mass slaughter doesn't fit Ryūnosuke's taste. At maximum, he enjoys the art of killing, and isn't a killing machine. Such acts that did not savor the feeling of the kill, but merely piled corpses into mountains, were not much different from wars or natural disasters. It is a waste of lives. Only by slaughtering people one by one can you experience the wonders of life.

Bluebeard perceived Ryūnosuke's discontent; therefore, with his face full of angelic smiles, he spoke to Ryūnosuke like someone reasoning with a naughty child.

"Say, Ryūnosuke, this isn't the time to be stingy. Every life in this world is our property. Therefore you need to have the right kind of attitude and a heart as generous as a king. Feel free to waste. Please do remember your wealth is never going to run out. Only then, are you fit to be called my Master."

"Like a king?"

Yes. Ryūnosuke is very rich.

Ryūnosuke is not even remotely interested in things like currency. For him, the only thing with expendable value is human life. Also he, who obtained Bluebeard's help, won't be persecuted by the law no matter how he kills people. He is free to kill whenever, wherever, and using whatever method. Only that, these powers was granted to him by Bluebeard.

If one can do anything he desires and waste in whatever ways he likes with everything in this world, it's effectively the same as owning all these things. Even the Pope and the President won't be able to compare with him. Uryū Ryūnosuke is currently the richest man in the world.

"But I still think we should plan a bit on how we use it."

"Ryūnosuke, you've been poisoned too deeply by this capitalist society. Living in this era, it's inevitable for you have such thoughts. But you need to know that for nobles, waste is a virtue. Someone who possesses wealth has a duty to exhibit his wealth to the world. Only by doing that can you show the brilliance of wealth and make it more meaningful."

"Hum..."

Bluebeard's few words completely convinced Ryūnosuke. This master of death and destruction once again received new inspiration.

Anyways, like what Bluebeard said, just concentrate on getting rid of those kids tonight. Maybe he can find some new ways to play in the short time period. Ryūnosuke became more excited as he thought about this.

But even so –

Although he accepted Bluebeard's point, Ryūnosuke could not forget the figure of the girl who had been used as the human instrument.

Her face, that had been squashed by Bluebeard and which was no longer visible – was originally quite cute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InsaneZero
Feb 16, 2011

jonjonaug posted:

Ahaha, they sure censored the hell out of that scene.

There was a ufotable event earlier that had the production team saying that they're going to censor Caster's antics for the next few episodes in the TV broadcast.

Enjoy those blu-rays!

• Locked thread