Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."

Power of Pecota posted:

My doubles OL team is garbage but I'm going to have to start using more '93 Olerud, he's hitting .409/.471/.552 playing his home games at a -1 hits park, Polo Grounds V. (94 games into the season)

At home? .433/.505/.572

I use Olerud at every possible turn, 93 and 98. Can never go wrong with Olerud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

I wish that I believed in fate
I wish I didn't sleep so late
I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders
Draft update: Manship is currently my #1, despite trepidation about bang-for-the-buck. Biggest advantage for me is I could have a very effective ML reliever late in his 19-year-old season.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
I'm up 2-0 in Pick Six vs jeff because of a key Gerald Laird homer.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Series is now tied 2-2 and the most recent game :stare:

http://www.whatifsports.com/slb/Boxscore.aspx?gid=16041540&pid=1&pbp=0&tf=9.95

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, there's plenty of other balls in the sea. Plus, you're not very talented.
OpenLeagueDivisions.jpg

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

AlleyViper posted:

OpenLeagueDivisions.jpg

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Just won my first pennant :toot:

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Groucho Marxist posted:

Just won my first pennant :toot:

Congrats dude.

<--- jealous :)

e: I thought you meant World Series :lol:

kensei fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Nov 6, 2011

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

This looks like a pretty interesting gimmick - You can only draft individual pitcher seasons where they threw a no-hitter and individual batter seasons where they hit a cycle. You can't have more than two pitcher seasons with a WHIP under 1.00, and 200k pitchers but not position players are allowed.

I don't think it's actually going to get anywhere enough people to start, but still.

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

This fuckin' team

:ughh:

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Power of Pecota posted:

This looks like a pretty interesting gimmick - You can only draft individual pitcher seasons where they threw a no-hitter and individual batter seasons where they hit a cycle. You can't have more than two pitcher seasons with a WHIP under 1.00, and 200k pitchers but not position players are allowed.

I don't think it's actually going to get anywhere enough people to start, but still.

Joined!

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

For anyone who's curious about the limits of WIS defense, I'm going to be trying out Dick Dietz, Center Fielder in one of the WISC leagues.

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."

AlleyViper posted:

For anyone who's curious about the limits of WIS defense, I'm going to be trying out Dick Dietz, Center Fielder in one of the WISC leagues.

Meanwhile I'm going to be playing Carlos Beltran at third base.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
Join Groucho's league!

Random Captain: Labor Dispute Edition

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Don't know what you've got against Eric Davis, MBU

http://www.whatifsports.com/mlb-l/playerprofile.asp?ID=33051479&pl=False&type=2

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

AlleyViper posted:

Don't know what you've got against Eric Davis, MBU

http://www.whatifsports.com/mlb-l/playerprofile.asp?ID=33051479&pl=False&type=2

Worse than Hitler

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

At 12:17 a.m. MU police spotted Mauk, 19, run a stop sign while driving his scooter east on Kentucky Boulevard - with two female passengers on board.
Art's team tried to choke away the wild card but I didn't let it happen :colbert:

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Hometown:

Home record: 10-10 - that's pretty solid, especially since my pitching sucks.

Road Record: 3-21 - :stare:

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Bob Shabazz posted:

Art's team tried to choke away the wild card but I didn't let it happen :colbert:

Yes, I thank you for that. My team decided to end the season in the wrong way.

At least i've broken a few league records with Barry. Shattered the OBP record, and drew the most walks for one guy.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

I lost the WS :(

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Draft coming up in Hometown. I've got the 7th pick in my first season in this world. This place is stupidly short on pitching and this draft shows why. Here's my top 10 in order, thoughts? (14/14)

I'm thinking I should probably move Spilborghs down because of health/makeup/signability issues but I do like his bat. The best pitchers are tweeners which sucks. Should I move Sele ahead of the long relievers?

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

Put Spilborghs ahead of everyone who you don't consider 7th overall quality as long as you have the $8-9 million required to make an offer and get the Type D next year.

I like Sele better than those long relievers but I'm not sure any of them are worth the pick.

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

The AL Central and NL East in an open league. I am in the NL Central, which looks like this

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Bonds obviously wins MVP. Thome is an enigma.

Outside of Maddux, this pitching staff was real bad, especially CC. My bullpen made up for the terribleness, though.

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

So, I just realized that Willie McGee won the true triple crown in Choose Your Own Theme, leading the league in avg, RBI and, of course...triples.

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

Only 40? What a wuss

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

The most TTO inning

Stupid Billy North ruining perfection.

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

At 12:17 a.m. MU police spotted Mauk, 19, run a stop sign while driving his scooter east on Kentucky Boulevard - with two female passengers on board.
I hope you'll play this series live when it schedules, Art.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Bob Shabazz posted:

I hope you'll play this series live when it schedules, Art.

Hell no. My starting pitching is terrible and extremely tired. It's not happening.

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

In which Sandy Koufax pitches 7 innings....and strikes out 0???

In unrelated news: :stare:

AlleyViper fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Nov 13, 2011

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

This game is some poo poo

And now I've got to go against his Pedro for game 2

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

My $80m WISC 00s pitching/80s hitting Astrodome team is in the TOC finals...up against another 00s pitching/80s hitting Astrodome team from the WISC which is nearly identical. Ah well.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Okay Bob, i'll play you live. I realize there is no way in hell I win this series anyway, so I may as well have some fun.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Devo posted:

And now I've got to go against his Pedro for game 2

http://whatifsports.com/slb/Boxscore.aspx?gid=16109026&pid=1&pbp=0&tf=1

gently caress this, down 0-2 after playing both games at home.

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

2011 Jose Bautista is 2nd in MVP voting in our OL :unsmith:

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

ArtVandelay posted:

Okay Bob, i'll play you live. I realize there is no way in hell I win this series anyway, so I may as well have some fun.

I'm around now if you are

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Bob Shabazz posted:

I'm around now if you are

Oh god. I am so sorry. I had no idea that would actually happen. Maybe I really should be playing Live more? WORLD SERIES BOUND FOR THE 4TH TIME!

How's this for a game 7 nailbiter.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

:gonk:
Haha mordecai is filled with a bunch of old crazy people who baseball now because of 2 strikes and steroids.

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Now this is how you win a World Series.

I ended up playing 17 total playoff games, going 3-6 on the road, 8-0 at Mile High. Homefield advantage, baby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

I wish that I believed in fate
I wish I didn't sleep so late
I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders
Bless you, new coach hiring logic.

• Locked thread