Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Undrhil
Dec 24, 2010
I'm pretty sure there is a way to do this, but I'm just not sure how to do it...

How can I modify a power so that it works slightly differently based on a feat selection?

For example, I want to modify the various Sorcerer "Requires: Dagger" powers so that they also require Kukri and Katar, but only if I have the Mastery of Knives feat. Is that possible?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

palecur
Nov 3, 2002

not too simple and not too kind
Fallen Rib
The Shadar-Kai bloodline feat Shade Heritage shows up as houseruled whenever you take it. I suspect it's because it has 'prerequisite: Shadow Jaunt' and when you take the feat, it replaces Shadow Jaunt with Shade Step, retroactively making the character not meet the prerequisites. I'll add it to the bug list.

edit: Dur, it's already on there.

nothingxs
Sep 7, 2005

Do as you like. It's not my job to kill you.
I've updated the 15-warlock.part file I edited. A Hexblade's pact weapon should now properly inherit bonuses from any Arcane implement you use them with (adding support therefore for tome/staff/orb). I'm going to work on adding support for daggers next.

Also, Hexblade pact weapons take the off-hand implement's bonus as an enhancement bonus instead of an "off-hand enhancement" bonus, which was breaking Dual Implement Spellcaster (ie. a feat every Warlock should be taking in the first place).

EDIT: HAHAHAHA HOLY poo poo I SEE WHY YOU HAVEN'T DONE THIS BEFORE. Time to slog through 03-base-items and 04-new-items and cry. Whatever, at least the work will be worth it (kind of (sort of (not really))).

nothingxs fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Nov 5, 2011

scpredmage
Sep 2, 2011

Undrhil posted:

I'm pretty sure there is a way to do this, but I'm just not sure how to do it...

How can I modify a power so that it works slightly differently based on a feat selection?

For example, I want to modify the various Sorcerer "Requires: Dagger" powers so that they also require Kukri and Katar, but only if I have the Mastery of Knives feat. Is that possible?
Modifying individual powers like that is pretty easy; you just have to use a modify tag. If the field already exists in the power, it'll replace it with the new entry you specify, otherwise it'll tag it on at the end.

Here's a quick example that modifies the Ensorcelled Blade power:
code:
<modify name="Ensorcelled Blade" type="Power" Field="Requirement" value="You must be wielding a dagger, kukri, or katar." />
Unfortunately, I do not know if there's any way to do this to multiple powers easily, so... yeah.

EDIT: Should go without saying, but just in case: you would put this inside the rules tag on the Mastery of Knives feat.

scpredmage fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Nov 5, 2011

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

nothingxs posted:

EDIT: HAHAHAHA HOLY poo poo I SEE WHY YOU HAVEN'T DONE THIS BEFORE. Time to slog through 03-base-items and 04-new-items and cry. Whatever, at least the work will be worth it (kind of (sort of (not really))).
Please tell me since I kind of started this and I am so curious.

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Have the Feywild book in hand If anyone wants information for coding and the like.

Dark_T_Zeratul
Sep 2, 2011
Is anyone working on the Fey Beast Tamer theme from Heroes of the Feywild? They showed it off on the website last week: http://www.wizards.com/DnD/Article.aspx?x=dnd/4ex/20111028a

(You'll get a 404 error when you click the link because some idiot put a space in the URL; remove it and it'll load up fine).

8w-gremlin
Apr 4, 2011

-Fish- posted:

Have the Feywild book in hand If anyone wants information for coding and the like.

well a full druid break down... but then, i think this will take time

Undrhil
Dec 24, 2010

scpredmage posted:

Modifying individual powers like that is pretty easy; you just have to use a modify tag. If the field already exists in the power, it'll replace it with the new entry you specify, otherwise it'll tag it on at the end.

Here's a quick example that modifies the Ensorcelled Blade power:
code:
<modify name="Ensorcelled Blade" type="Power" Field="Requirement" value="You must be wielding a dagger, kukri, or katar." />

I changed the Requirement line in Ensorcelled Blade to include kukri and katar and the power still does not show anything unless a dagger is equipped. :(

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!
The genasi Extra Manifestation feat doesn't include the manifestations from Dragon #396, unfortunately.

8w-gremlin
Apr 4, 2011

-Fish- posted:

Actually If you have the information for the 'Magic Stone' druid at will that would be an awesome start - thanks

Dark_T_Zeratul
Sep 2, 2011

Zemyla posted:

The genasi Extra Manifestation feat doesn't include the manifestations from Dragon #396, unfortunately.
Oh yeah, on the subject of missing things, is it just me or are the special armor feats from Mordenkainen's Magical Emporium not in the builder? Because I've not seen them, and it seems to have no problem letting me use the armor without them.

scpredmage
Sep 2, 2011

Undrhil posted:

I changed the Requirement line in Ensorcelled Blade to include kukri and katar and the power still does not show anything unless a dagger is equipped. :(
I wasn't aware of that the LCB would actually restrict what weapons you use with a power; then again, the only powers I've messed with that have weapon requirements are the Executioner guild powers, which are worded "You must use this power with a XXX". Apparently the "You must be wielding a XXX" is the magic wording to make it restrict your selection.

It would also appear that the restriction doesn't check the updated Requirement line, meaning you can change what it SAYS you can use, but not what it'll LET you use. The only option left would be to change the original Requirement line to not trigger the hard-coded restriction, like the Executioner powers don't. While it wouldn't force players to use the right weapon, it'll still clearly state what weapons you can use.

Not ideal, but it's at least functional.

nothingxs
Sep 7, 2005

Splicer posted:

Please tell me since I kind of started this and I am so curious.

I did a bunch of them already (orbs and staffs). You have to essentially make them all give the WearingX property and Off-Hand Enhancement too.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Dark_T_Zeratul posted:

Oh yeah, on the subject of missing things, is it just me or are the special armor feats from Mordenkainen's Magical Emporium not in the builder? Because I've not seen them, and it seems to have no problem letting me use the armor without them.
They're under Heroic Tier Feats. It has always been possible to wear armour while lacking proficiency with it, too – you just take a penalty to Reflex and attack rolls when doing so.

Tivaan
Jul 13, 2011

Dark_T_Zeratul posted:

Is anyone working on the Fey Beast Tamer theme from Heroes of the Feywild? They showed it off on the website last week: http://www.wizards.com/DnD/Article.aspx?x=dnd/4ex/20111028a

(You'll get a 404 error when you click the link because some idiot put a space in the URL; remove it and it'll load up fine).

the tamer is built look on the last page

Tivaan
Jul 13, 2011

Dark_T_Zeratul posted:

feats are in the biulder

Tivaan
Jul 13, 2011
Well I am going to go ahead and post the new files created this week, Im assuming no one found any issues.

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

8w-gremlin posted:

Actually If you have the information for the 'Magic Stone' druid at will that would be an awesome start - thanks

Better have you guys email me any questions you have, this thread being a Grey area and all. Shiniba at gmail dot com

Undrhil
Dec 24, 2010
Just wanted to point out that the Hengeyokai is not from Heroes of the Feywild. It is a Dragon magazine article race tying in with Kara-Tur, not a preview of the book.

EDIT: Also, when I create a Thief with the Order Adept theme, I am unable to select Wizard Utility powers once I reach level 5. I have tried the Retraining tab and there are no Wizard utility powers showing up there either.

EDIT 2: Actually, when I create any Essentials character with the Order Adept theme, I cannot choose Wizard Utility powers once I reach level 5.

Undrhil fucked around with this message at 12:01 on Nov 7, 2011

Dammit Who?
Aug 30, 2002

may microbes, bacilli their tissues infest
and tapeworms securely their bowels digest

Is it just me, or does trying to add any of the versions of the Diamond Cincture to a character's inventory crash the builder now?

Dammit Who?
Aug 30, 2002

Also, the Reading Spectacles from MME look like they're just a clarification on the rules for the Reading Spectacles from AV1, so maybe they shouldn't be in there twice? I don't know.

There's definitely a typo on the gp cost for them, though

Undrhil
Dec 24, 2010

Dammit Who? posted:

Also, the Reading Spectacles from MME look like they're just a clarification on the rules for the Reading Spectacles from AV1, so maybe they shouldn't be in there twice? I don't know.

There's definitely a typo on the gp cost for them, though

Many of the items from MME are clarifications of items already available and should overwrite the previous version.

And, I hope that's a typo on the cost of those Reading Spectacles. :)

Dammit Who?
Aug 30, 2002

Okay, I did some more testing and confirmed that
1) adding "(heroic tier)" to the end of the name of the MME Reading Spectacles causes only one instance of the item to show up and makes the builder crash when adding it to a character's inventory
2) commenting out the MME Diamond Cinctures leaves the Adventurer's Vault ones and solves the crashing problem I was having earlier

so it looks like any MME items that replace older ones are just broken for now.

Interesting that creating items of the same type with the same name causes bad behavior even if they have different internal-ids.

Tivaan
Jul 13, 2011
Fixed the Diamond Cinctures so both could be listed (I don't know if we really want both but they are there)
Fixed the cost on reading spectacles

If you find any more please report them and they can be quickly fixed

nothingxs
Sep 7, 2005

Here's one: apparently they updated the Revenant's Dark Reaping to work off of Constitution OR Charisma. It was fixed around October. This change isn't reflected in the WotC.index part files (yet).

EDIT: Another: Fey Beast Tamer has the fey panther flavor description for young owlbear, and the young owlbear flavor description for blink dog. :siren:

nothingxs fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Nov 7, 2011

8w-gremlin
Apr 4, 2011
http://www.wizards.com/dnd/files/excerpt_20111107.pdf

Protector Druid chassie pdf from WotC..
could help someone codeing it if they don't have the book...

Tivaan
Jul 13, 2011

nothingxs posted:

Here's one: apparently they updated the Revenant's Dark Reaping to work off of Constitution OR Charisma. It was fixed around October. This change isn't reflected in the WotC.index part files (yet).

EDIT: Another: Fey Beast Tamer has the fey panther flavor description for young owlbear, and the young owlbear flavor description for blink dog. :siren:

Fey Beast Tamer corrected

Lead to where the code is for Revenant

Running a new test on MME fixes before loading a new part file

Tivaan fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Nov 8, 2011

nothingxs
Sep 7, 2005

Tivaan posted:

Fey Beast Tamer corrected

Lead to where the code is for Revenant

Running a new test on MME fixes before loading a new part file

Revenant should be in races, no?

code:
  <RulesElement name="Dark Reaping" type="Racial Trait" internal-id="ID_FMP_RACIAL_TRAIT_1870" source="Dragon Magazine 376,Player Essentials: Heroes of Shadow" revision-date="4/11/2011 1:44 PM">
    <specific name="Short Description"> You have the dark reaping power </specific>
    <specific name="Level" />
    <specific name="Powers"> ID_FMP_POWER_8278 </specific>
    <specific name="Type"> Utility </specific>
    <specific name="Class"> ID_FMP_RACE_47 </specific>
    <specific name="_DisplayPowers"> ID_FMP_POWER_8278 </specific>
    <rules>
      <grant name="ID_FMP_POWER_8278" type="Power" />
    </rules>
You have the dark reaping power.
</RulesElement>
  <RulesElement name="Dark Reaping" type="Power" internal-id="ID_FMP_POWER_8278" source="Dragon Magazine 376,Player Essentials: Heroes of Shadow" revision-date="3/14/2011 3:33:49 PM">
    <Category> ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_RACIAL_POWER,ID_FMP_RACIAL_TRAIT_1870,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_ENCOUNTER_USAGE,ID_FMP_RACE_47,ID_FMP_CATEGORY_12,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_FREE_ACTION </Category>
    <Prereqs> Revenant </Prereqs>
    <Flavor> You use one death as the seed to sow more destruction. </Flavor>
    <specific name="Power Usage"> Encounter </specific>
    <specific name="_SkillPower" />
    <specific name="Display"> Revenant Utility </specific>
    <specific name="Keywords"> Necrotic </specific>
    <specific name="Action Type"> Free Action </specific>
    <specific name="Attack Type" />
    <specific name="Trigger"> A creature within 5 squares of you is reduced to 0 hit points </specific>
    <specific name="Effect"> One creature of your choice that you hit with an attack before the end of your next turn takes extra necrotic damage equal to 1d8 + your Constitution or Charisma modifier. </specific>
    <specific name="_Associated Feats" />
    <specific name="Power Type"> Utility </specific>
    <specific name="_ParentFeature"> ID_FMP_RACIAL_TRAIT_1870 </specific>
  </RulesElement>
Will that be enough, just fixing the Effect text? Somehow I doubt it.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
I seem to recall that the phrase specifically needs to read "your Strength/Constitution/etc. modifier" for the builder to recognise it and add the (+X) afterwards, so it ought to be "...extra necrotic damage equal to 1d8 + your Constitution modifier or your Charisma modifier". This should be the only change required though, I think.

scpredmage
Sep 2, 2011

nothingxs posted:

Will that be enough, just fixing the Effect text? Somehow I doubt it.
Changing the effect line should be all that is necessary, but like MMAgCh said, if you want the LCB to display the modifiers on the power card, you have to put "modifier" after the name of each ability. In fact, if you don't pop "modifier" in after Constitution, it doesn't show EITHER modifier...

Also, you don't need to include the racial trait that grants the power; just updating the power is fine.

nothingxs
Sep 7, 2005

scpredmage posted:

Changing the effect line should be all that is necessary, but like MMAgCh said, if you want the LCB to display the modifiers on the power card, you have to put "modifier" after the name of each ability. In fact, if you don't pop "modifier" in after Constitution, it doesn't show EITHER modifier...

Also, you don't need to include the racial trait that grants the power; just updating the power is fine.

Okay, I'll just make a [/code] block with the relevant line number that needs changing.

Psych0M0nk3y
May 31, 2011
I noticed that many of the consumables from MME (potions, elixirs, etc) were placed under Consumables in the builder instead of Potions. Is this on purpose?

Actually, it appears that all Elixirs and Potions have been placed in the Consumables section.

8w-gremlin
Apr 4, 2011
Anyone working on heroes of the faewild?

Geffor
Feb 26, 2011

Psych0M0nk3y posted:

I noticed that many of the consumables from MME (potions, elixirs, etc) were placed under Consumables in the builder instead of Potions. Is this on purpose?

Actually, it appears that all Elixirs and Potions have been placed in the Consumables section.

My personal choice would be to put them into the 'Potions' section, I didn't actually notice that they were there until they started to clash with the version I'd done. Here are versions of the healing potions that I did with a minor text corrections and the other two types as well.

code:
   <RulesElement name="MME Potion of Cure Light Wounds" type="Magic Item" internal-id="ID_GNC_MAGIC_ITEM_MME1" source="Mordenkainen's Magnificent Emporium" >
      <Flavor> This potion covers your small cuts and minor bruises in dim silver light, causing them to heal over. </Flavor>
      <specific name="Level"> 1 </specific>
      <specific name="Gold"> 20 </specific>
      <specific name="Magic Item Type"> Potion </specific>
      <specific name="Power (Consumable • Healing): Minor Action"> You drink the potion. If you have a healing surge you must spend one. Instead of the hit points you would normally regain, you regain 1d8 + 1 hit points. If you are bloodied and don't have any healing surges, you still regain the hit points. If neither of these things are true, there is no effect. </specific>
      <specific name="Rarity"> Uncommon </specific>
   </RulesElement>

<RulesElement name="MME Potion of Cure Moderate Wounds" type="Magic Item" internal-id="ID_GNC_MAGIC_ITEM_MME2" source="Mordenkainen's Magnificent Emporium" >
      <Flavor> This potion covers your wounds in silver light, helping them heal. </Flavor>
      <specific name="Level"> 10 </specific>
      <specific name="Gold"> 200 </specific>
      <specific name="Power (Consumable • Healing): Minor Action"> You drink the potion. If you have a healing surge you must spend one. Instead of the hit points you would normally regain, you regain 2d8 + 10 hit points. If you are bloodied and don't have any healing surges, you still regain the hit points. If neither of these things are true, there is no effect. </specific>
   </RulesElement>

<RulesElement name="MME Potion of Cure Critical Wounds" type="Magic Item" internal-id="ID_GNC_MAGIC_ITEM_MME3" source="Mordenkainen's Magnificent Emporium" >
      <Flavor> This potion covers your wounds in silver light, helping them heal. </Flavor>
      <specific name="Level"> 20 </specific>
      <specific name="Gold"> 5000 </specific>
      <specific name="Power (Consumable • Healing): Minor Action"> You drink the potion. If you have a healing surge you must spend one. Instead of the hit points you would normally regain, you regain 3d8 + 20 hit points. If you are bloodied and don't have any healing surges, you still regain the hit points. If neither of these things are true, there is no effect. </specific>
   </RulesElement>

<RulesElement name="MME Potion of Heal" type="Magic Item" internal-id="ID_GNC_MAGIC_ITEM_MME4" source="Mordenkainen's Magnificent Emporium" >
      <Flavor> This potion covers your most grievous wounds in brilliant silver light, restoring your body. </Flavor>
      <specific name="Level"> 30 </specific>
      <specific name="Gold"> 125000 </specific>
      <specific name="Power (Consumable • Healing): Minor Action"> You drink the potion. If you have a healing surge you must spend one. Instead of the hit points you would normally regain, you regain 4d8 + 30 hit points. If you are bloodied and don't have any healing surges, you still regain the hit points. In addition, you can make a saving throw against each effect on you that a save can end. If neither of these things are true, there is no effect. </specific>
   </RulesElement>
The MME at the beginning of the names can be removed, it's there to avoid a clash with the current version.

Tivaan
Jul 13, 2011

Geffor posted:

My personal choice would be to put them into the 'Potions' section, I didn't actually notice that they were there until they started to clash with the version I'd done. Here are versions of the healing potions that I did with a minor text corrections and the other two types as well.

code:
   <RulesElement name="MME Potion of Cure Light Wounds" type="Magic Item" internal-id="ID_GNC_MAGIC_ITEM_MME1" source="Mordenkainen's Magnificent Emporium" >
      <Flavor> This potion covers your small cuts and minor bruises in dim silver light, causing them to heal over. </Flavor>
      <specific name="Gold"> 20 </specific>
      <specific name="Power (Consumable • Healing): Minor Action"> You drink the potion. If you have a healing surge you must spend one. Instead of the hit points you would normally regain, you regain 1d8 + 1 hit points. If you are bloodied and don't have any healing surges, you still regain the hit points. If neither of these things are true, there is no effect. </specific>
   </RulesElement>

<RulesElement name="MME Potion of Cure Moderate Wounds" type="Magic Item" internal-id="ID_GNC_MAGIC_ITEM_MME2" source="Mordenkainen's Magnificent Emporium" >
      <specific name="Level"> 10 </specific>
      <specific name="Gold"> 200 </specific>
      <specific name="Power (Consumable • Healing): Minor Action"> You drink the potion. If you have a healing surge you must spend one. Instead of the hit points you would normally regain, you regain 2d8 + 10 hit points. If you are bloodied and don't have any healing surges, you still regain the hit points. If neither of these things are true, there is no effect. </specific>
   </RulesElement>

<RulesElement name="MME Potion of Cure Critical Wounds" type="Magic Item" internal-id="ID_GNC_MAGIC_ITEM_MME3" source="Mordenkainen's Magnificent Emporium" >
      <specific name="Level"> 20 </specific>
      <specific name="Gold"> 5000 </specific>
      <specific name="Power (Consumable • Healing): Minor Action"> You drink the potion. If you have a healing surge you must spend one. Instead of the hit points you would normally regain, you regain 3d8 + 20 hit points. If you are bloodied and don't have any healing surges, you still regain the hit points. If neither of these things are true, there is no effect. </specific>
   </RulesElement>

<RulesElement name="MME Potion of Heal" type="Magic Item" internal-id="ID_GNC_MAGIC_ITEM_MME4" source="Mordenkainen's Magnificent Emporium" >
      <Flavor> This potion covers your most grievous wounds in brilliant silver light, restoring your body. </Flavor>
      <specific name="Level"> 30 </specific>
      <specific name="Gold"> 125000 </specific>
      <specific name="Power (Consumable • Healing): Minor Action"> You drink the potion. If you have a healing surge you must spend one. Instead of the hit points you would normally regain, you regain 4d8 + 30 hit points. If you are bloodied and don't have any healing surges, you still regain the hit points. In addition, you can make a saving throw against each effect on you that a save can end. If neither of these things are true, there is no effect. </specific>
   </RulesElement>
The MME at the beginning of the names can be removed, it's there to avoid a clash with the current version.

I ran a quick test in the builder and then posted the changes

nothingxs
Sep 7, 2005

code:
<RulesElement name="Dark Reaping" type="Power" internal-id="ID_FMP_POWER_8278" source="Dragon Magazine 376,Player Essentials: Heroes of Shadow" revision-date="3/14/2011 3:33:49 PM">
    <Category> ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_RACIAL_POWER,ID_FMP_RACIAL_TRAIT_1870,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_ENCOUNTER_USAGE,ID_FMP_RACE_47,ID_FMP_CATEGORY_12,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_FREE_ACTION </Category>
    <Prereqs> Revenant </Prereqs>
    <Flavor> You use one death as the seed to sow more destruction. </Flavor>
    <specific name="Display"> Revenant Utility </specific>
    <specific name="Keywords"> Necrotic </specific>
    <specific name="Action Type"> Free Action </specific>
    <specific name="Attack Type" />
    <specific name="Trigger"> A creature within 5 squares of you is reduced to 0 hit points </specific>
    <specific name="Effect"> One creature of your choice that you hit with an attack before the end of your next turn takes extra necrotic damage equal to 1d8 + your Constitution modifier or your Charisma modifier. </specific>
    <specific name="_ParentFeature"> ID_FMP_RACIAL_TRAIT_1870 </specific>
  </RulesElement>
Replaces the Revenant power by the same name in races.part

Tivaan
Jul 13, 2011
Here's a nice piece of code, adding a Second Wind card to the character sheet, that can be edited with conditions like the Action Point card we all have:

code:
   <AppendNodes name="Level1Rules" type="Level1Rules" internal-id="ID_INTERNAL_LEVEL1RULES_LEVEL1RULES" source="Core" >
      <rules>
         <grant name="ID_KDM_POWER_SECOND_WIND" type="Power" />
      </rules>
   </AppendNodes>

<RulesElement name="Second Wind" type="Power" internal-id="ID_KDM_POWER_SECOND_WIND" source="KDM" >
      <Category> ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_UTILITY,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_ENCOUNTER_USAGE,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_STANDARD_ACTION,1 </Category>
      <Flavor> You take a moment to catch your breath and gather your strength. </Flavor>
      <specific name="Display"> Innate Ability </specific>
      <specific name="Keywords" />
      <specific name="Action Type"> Standard Action </specific>
      <specific name="Attack Type"> Personal </specific>
      <specific name="Effect"> Spend a healing surge and gain a +2 bonus to all defenses until the end of your next turn. </specific>
      <specific name="Class" />
   </RulesElement>

And then it can be edited like the Action Point card as the example shows below.

code:
   <AppendNodes name="Striking Resurgence" type="Feat" internal-id="ID_FMP_FEAT_2518" source="Martial Power 2" revision-date="8/27/2010 12:20:20 PM" >
      <rules>
         <modify name="Second Wind" field="Striking Resurgence" value="When you use second wind as a standard action, you can forgo the bonus to defenses to make a melee basic attack as a free action." />
      </rules>
   </AppendNodes>

This was created by KDM off of another forum. Yes it has a few dropbacks like it shows up on a utility card but its better than nothing, considering we dont have card that can be edited like the action point card.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Tivaan posted:

Here's a nice piece of code, adding a Second Wind card to the character sheet, that can be edited with conditions like the Action Point card we all have:

code:
   <AppendNodes name="Level1Rules" type="Level1Rules" internal-id="ID_INTERNAL_LEVEL1RULES_LEVEL1RULES" source="Core" >
      <rules>
         <grant name="ID_KDM_POWER_SECOND_WIND" type="Power" />
      </rules>
   </AppendNodes>

<RulesElement name="Second Wind" type="Power" internal-id="ID_KDM_POWER_SECOND_WIND" source="KDM" >
      <Category> ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_UTILITY,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_ENCOUNTER_USAGE,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_STANDARD_ACTION,1 </Category>
      <Flavor> You take a moment to catch your breath and gather your strength. </Flavor>
      <specific name="Display"> Innate Ability </specific>
      <specific name="Keywords" />
      <specific name="Action Type"> Standard Action </specific>
      <specific name="Attack Type"> Personal </specific>
      <specific name="Effect"> Spend a healing surge and gain a +2 bonus to all defenses until the end of your next turn. </specific>
      <specific name="Class" />
   </RulesElement>

And then it can be edited like the Action Point card as the example shows below.

code:
   <AppendNodes name="Striking Resurgence" type="Feat" internal-id="ID_FMP_FEAT_2518" source="Martial Power 2" revision-date="8/27/2010 12:20:20 PM" >
      <rules>
         <modify name="Second Wind" field="Striking Resurgence" value="When you use second wind as a standard action, you can forgo the bonus to defenses to make a melee basic attack as a free action." />
      </rules>
   </AppendNodes>

This was created by KDM off of another forum. Yes it has a few dropbacks like it shows up on a utility card but its better than nothing, considering we dont have card that can be edited like the action point card.

This is badass. Now we can actually put all those feats that change the second wind power to work!

EDIT:
Here is a compendium check list of feats that include "Second Wind" in them:

code:
Sure Protection					Divine Power
Spirit of Courage				Dragon Magazine 391
Starshine Mantle				Dragon Magazine 392
Shadow Blood					Heroes of Shadow
Disciple of Justice				Multiple Sources 
Disciple of Strength				Multiple Sources 
Disciple of the Wild				Multiple Sources 
Rousing Voice			Heroic		Arcane Power
Rune-Scribed Soul		Heroic		Arcane Power
Arena-Fighter's Recovery	Heroic		Dark Sun Campaign Setting
Githzerai Beast Mastery		Heroic		Dragon Magazine 378
Shielded Resurgence		Heroic		Dragon Magazine 378
Obsidian Cave Recovery		Heroic		Dragon Magazine 379
Defensive Bluff			Heroic		Dragon Magazine 381
Emboldening Presence		Heroic		Dragon Magazine 381
Devil's Favor			Heroic		Dragon Magazine 382
Umbral Wind			Heroic		Dragon Magazine 382
Frantic Recovery		Heroic		Dragon Magazine 383
Roiling Storm			Heroic		Dragon Magazine 383
Shifting Wind			Heroic		Dragon Magazine 383
Storm's Lightning		Heroic		Dragon Magazine 383
Turtle's Shell			Heroic		Dragon Magazine 383
Flickering Fortunes		Heroic		Dragon Magazine 385
Shared Vitality			Heroic		Dragon Magazine 385
Goliath Resolve			Heroic		Dragon Magazine 386
Wrathful Recovery		Heroic		Dragon Magazine 386
Common Cause			Heroic		Dragon Magazine 388
Unstoppable Drive		Heroic		Dragon Magazine 388
Ghostly Wind			Heroic		Dragon Magazine 391
Mark of Healing			Heroic		Eberron Player's Guide
Defensive Resilience		Heroic		Martial Power
Offensive Resilience		Heroic		Martial Power
Redoubled Efforts		Heroic		Martial Power 2
Resilience of Stone		Heroic		Martial Power 2
Crushing Earthstrength		Heroic		Player's Handbook 2
Timely Respite			Heroic		Player's Handbook 2
Wildblood Cunning		Heroic		Player's Handbook 2
Spiritbond Defense		Heroic		Player's Handbook 3
Earthstrength Resilience	Heroic		Primal Power
Lifespirit Vigor		Heroic		Primal Power
Spirits of Stone		Heroic		Primal Power
Wildblood Fury			Heroic		Primal Power
Healing Fist			Heroic		Psionic Power
Psionic Toughness		Heroic		Psionic Power
Wind of Sympathy		Heroic		Psionic Power
Endurance in Solitude		Paragon	        Dark Sun Campaign Setting
Thrill of the Kill		Paragon	        Dark Sun Campaign Setting
Timely Teleport			Paragon	        Dragon Magazine 382
Wrathful Resurgence		Paragon	        Dragon Magazine 383
Dual Mind Reserves		Paragon	        Dragon Magazine 385
Echoing Roar			Paragon	        Dragon Magazine 386
Dragon's Rejuvenation		Paragon	        Dragon Magazine 388
Improved Immutability		Paragon	        Eberron Player's Guide
Defensive Surge			Paragon	        Martial Power
Hunter's Resurgence		Paragon	        Martial Power
Vital Inspiration		Paragon	        Martial Power
Dwarven Recovery		Paragon	        Martial Power 2
Striking Resurgence		Paragon	        Martial Power 2
Improved Second Wind		Paragon	        Player's Handbook
Desperate Renewal		Paragon	        Player's Handbook 3
Psionic Rejuvenation		Paragon	        Player's Handbook 3
Rune of Escape			Paragon	        Player's Handbook 3
Dragonborn Zeal		        Paragon	        Multiple Sources 
Mammon’s Theft of Health	Paragon	        Player's Handbook Races: Tiefling
Earthstrength Defenses		Paragon	        Primal Power
Lifespirit Healing		Paragon	        Primal Power
Vital Form			Paragon	        Primal Power
Wildblood Retribution		Paragon        	Primal Power
Body Fuel			Paragon        	Psionic Power
Bolstering Wind			Paragon        	Psionic Power
Returning Resilience		Paragon        	Psionic Power
Inexhaustible Resources		Epic		Dark Sun Campaign Setting
Epic Recovery			Epic		Martial Power
Stoneheart Warrior		Epic		Martial Power
Timely Revival			Epic		Martial Power
Peerless Reaction		Epic		Player's Handbook 3
Draconic Restoration		Epic		Player's Handbook Races: Dragonborn
Renewed Wrath		        Epic		Player's Handbook Races: Tiefling
Earthstrength Might		Epic		Primal Power
Guardian Resurgence		Epic		Primal Power
Spirit of Health		Epic		Primal Power
Wild Surge			Epic		Primal Power

Legit Businessman fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Nov 9, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Undrhil
Dec 24, 2010
The downside is that we will now have two cards which show Second Wind ... unless this replaces the one that the builder currently places on the sheet...

• Locked thread