Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pad thai hi-five
Aug 11, 2003

Oven Wrangler

Guzwar posted:

Have base plates been completely removed from LDD? Even Universe mode doesn't seem to have them.

You're looking for Extended Mode, that's where everything is hiding now.

http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/LEGO_Digital_Designer/Instructions_for_LDD_Extended_Palette

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guzwar
Feb 21, 2006
Everything's coming up Milhouse!

Ah, thank you. They did this last year with one of the other big patches too, didn't they? I can't see why they wouldn't open that up by default.

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

What planet is this again?-- OH SHIT

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Where is the best place to find sets without minifigs? I figure that'd make them cheaper. Is eBay my best bet?

I've gotten new star wars sets for 1/4 of their shelf price this way. I usually just search for "lego (set #)".

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
I don't know if this has been mentioned but UK goons, WH Smith are doing LEGO at 1/2 price right now:

http://www.whsmith.co.uk/CatalogAnd...s%5cToys%5cLEGO

Bacon Terrorist fucked around with this message at 12:05 on Nov 8, 2011

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Finished. :)

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Taeke posted:

I liked it better in white outline form.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

The idea is terra cotta soldiers but lego

v:shobon:v

http://www.chalkfestival.com/?p=3487

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

Taeke posted:

That's really cool, I like how they have a variety of minifig styles and themes mixed in.

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

Taeke posted:

No! That guy needs to get that 1x1x1 cylinder off that minifig in the back or it'll get stuck!
That's really cool. Do you mind if I share that with people?

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Zonko_T.M. posted:

No! That guy needs to get that 1x1x1 cylinder off that minifig in the back or it'll get stuck!
That's really cool. Do you mind if I share that with people?

Why would I mind? I just fished it off some Finnish blog, so I have no idea what the original source is.

Veeb0rg
Jul 24, 2001

THIS CONVERSATION IS NONPRODUCTIVE!
Target has released their Lego Gift cards for this year. Its a 3-in-1 kit, The Target Dog, a Snowman or a Polar bear.

Pirate Ken
Jul 1, 2006
I am super awesome.

Veeb0rg posted:

Target has released their Lego Gift cards for this year. Its a 3-in-1 kit, The Target Dog, a Snowman or a Polar bear.

Picked up three today, pretty sure the dog is the same as last year, but the polar bear and snowman are both pretty cool.

Veeb0rg
Jul 24, 2001

Pirate Ken posted:

Picked up three today, pretty sure the dog is the same as last year, but the polar bear and snowman are both pretty cool.

The dog last year was sitting, this year it is standing. I had to ask for them at the customer service counter, they're real popular apparently. Then again it is free Lego so why wouldn't it be.

Veeb0rg fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Nov 9, 2011

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice
Man, I don't know how to feel about this. LEGO DesignByMe is shutting down in January 2012; LDD will still be around but you won't be able to order what you build direct from TLG anymore. On the one hand, the slow upward markup on pricing over the years basically turned the service into highway robbery, but on the other hand it was a neat service with a lot of cool functionality like custom printed boxes and instructions.

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

3 posted:

Man, I don't know how to feel about this. LEGO DesignByMe is shutting down in January 2012; LDD will still be around but you won't be able to order what you build direct from TLG anymore. On the one hand, the slow upward markup on pricing over the years basically turned the service into highway robbery, but on the other hand it was a neat service with a lot of cool functionality like custom printed boxes and instructions.

That's too bad, but I'm sure it was never very cost effective for them as a company; custom orders never are. Since they're dropping Lego Universe too, it sounds like they're trying to cut down on expenses.

GidgetNomates
May 6, 2010

I love this hobby:
stealing your mother's diary
Man, I made a design in LDD that I wanted to eventually order. I guess I need to HURRY UP THEN. It was only about $20, the pricing isn't too horrible on small models.

On the other hand, my 532-brick 3DO LDD model that costs $161.16 (what a bizarre number) was never, ever going to be ordered anyway.

Monster w21 Faces
May 11, 2006

"What the fuck is that?"
"What the fuck is this?!"
Hey everyone.

Where are the parts for this happy chappy from?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Monster w21 Faces posted:

Hey everyone.

The chest is from the Agents 2.0 line. That's a female bad guy from the orange airboat set.

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum

Monster w21 Faces posted:

Hey everyone.

The head is from Hagrid's Hut I think.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Hobnob posted:

The head is from Hagrid's Hut I think.

Can also get four of them in the Monster 4 game.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
The hat is from the minifig series 5 mobster. The "gun" is just a hose nozzle

Kabong
Jan 1, 2001

Kickin' Afrolistics

3 posted:

This sucks. I'm just about to order my first custom set using this service and the whole thing is really neat, would have loved to have a chance to do more with it in the future.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

That's poop, but I live in Australia so I'd never have used it. The shipping is always higher than whatever I'm ordering. :australia:

Veeb0rg
Jul 24, 2001

Did anyone get invited to the VIP pre-black friday event? It apparently was sent out to the top 25 VIP members per local store.

Schindler's Fist
Jul 22, 2004
Weasels! Get 'em off me! Aaaa!
It's all over the blogs, here's the repost - 2012 City and Jurassic Park Dino sets are already on Lego's online shop. You have to go looking for them, but apparently you can order racist cops and trash bears right now! It is said this has not happened before.

Apologies for the damage this information will do to your wallets. I need the new garbage truck, and that badass helicopter, and, and....

Schindler's Fist fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Nov 10, 2011

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Schindler's Fist posted:

It's all over the blogs, here's the repost - 2012 City and Jurassic Park Dino sets are already on Lego's online shop. You have to go looking for them, but apparently you can order racist cops and trash bears right now! It is said this has not happened before.

Apologies for the damage this information will do to your wallets. I need the new garbage truck, and that badass helicopter, and, and....

I need the dinosaur sets. Like all of them. Perhaps when Christmas rolls around...

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Racist cops? Can someone explain this to me?

Also, I need to counterweight an assembly... Are there any official Lego counter weights, or should I just glue some pennies together? Or maybe cram some lead fishing sinkers into a lump...

GidgetNomates
May 6, 2010

I love this hobby:
stealing your mother's diary
I swear I will have trash bears if it's the last thing I do. As soon as I can get my hands on the garbage truck set and a set with a bear I will have trash bears. Forever.

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

Squashy Nipples posted:

I need to counterweight an assembly... Are there any official Lego counter weights, or should I just glue some pennies together? Or maybe cram some lead fishing sinkers into a lump...

How heavy are you talking? This might be a possibility for you.

Shuppiluliumas
Nov 9, 2006

Squashy Nipples posted:

Racist cops? Can someone explain this to me?

Also, I need to counterweight an assembly... Are there any official Lego counter weights, or should I just glue some pennies together? Or maybe cram some lead fishing sinkers into a lump...

How heavy? The boat weights are good for heavy things. There is an actual Lego counterweight as well. It was used for the 12 volt train electric level crossing set. It is metal, but it's pretty light.

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=70163

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I had completely forgotten I was doing the Lego MBA thing until kit #4 showed up today. Out with lime green, in with mustard yellow, it seems! I had thought we were getting a new box with each level, but this one just came in another plastic bag. The set looks decent enough though. I have my doubts they'll be rolling this out in other countries or adding a Level 3 and beyond, though.

vrunt
Jul 4, 2003

the great trollini

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I had completely forgotten I was doing the Lego MBA thing until kit #4 showed up today. Out with lime green, in with mustard yellow, it seems! I had thought we were getting a new box with each level, but this one just came in another plastic bag. The set looks decent enough though. I have my doubts they'll be rolling this out in other countries or adding a Level 3 and beyond, though.

LEGO employee-man here. The kit 1 box should be large enough to house your entire year's subscription.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
I'm digging the Dino minifigures. Lots of detail on the faces.

Probably wait a while until I get them. I'm hoping for some Pharoah's Quest stuff to get heavily discounted (the way Atlantis is now... in the UK at least) soon and saving my Lego cash for that. I'll have to get this set though because the dude with the camera is the closest I've ever seen to a Lego version of me.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Shuppiluliumas posted:

How heavy? The boat weights are good for heavy things. There is an actual Lego counterweight as well. It was used for the 12 volt train electric level crossing set. It is metal, but it's pretty light.

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=70163

Whoa... that is EXACTLY what I need!

It didn't come up when I searched for Parts on Bricklink using "weight"... because it's a "counterweight", all one word. An interesting lesson in how the Bricklink search engine works. I already ordered two boat weights, but I'm about to order up some of those counterweights.

Thanks!

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

Gravy Jones posted:

Oh hey, that gun has a syringe from the Collectible Minifigs. I'm glad they're using those molds in actual sets now.

Time Cowboy
Nov 4, 2007

But Tarzan... The strangest thing has happened! I'm as bare... as the day I was born!

Gravy Jones posted:

Probably wait a while until I get them. I'm hoping for some Pharoah's Quest stuff to get heavily discounted (the way Atlantis is now... in the UK at least) soon and saving my Lego cash for that. I'll have to get this set though because the dude with the camera is the closest I've ever seen to a Lego version of me.

Those outfits are great. Hello, space militia corps uniforms.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

InfinEight posted:

Oh hey, that gun has a syringe from the Collectible Minifigs. I'm glad they're using those molds in actual sets now.

I think it's in most of the Dino sets. And hey, just noticed that the Raptor Chase set has a slouch hat "Clever Girl" type minifig. Awesome.

On an unelated note UK Toys R Us has 3 for 2 on all LEGO this weekend. In retailiation Amazon has loads of sets at a third off (Lots of Star Wars, Harry Potter and Alien Conquest). A lot of them are the cheapest they've ever been on Amazon.

screenwritersblues
Sep 13, 2010
Hey Lego goons, maybe you can help me out with the set that I'm looking for. Over the past year, I keep seeing this really awesome motor home set that has pop up on a few different commercials, most recently in the commercial where all the Star Wars mini figs pile into it and then jump into the millennium falcon. I've check the Lego site a few times and it keeps telling me there is one, but it isn't like the one in the commercials. Is it real or did they just build it for that and if it is real, what the product number and what set is it from.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
I'm assuming this is one of the commercials (for reference): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EI_RT00DXaU

I've never seen it, but I'm not exactly an expert. This is the closest I know of: http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=7639-1

Gravy Jones fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Nov 11, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vrunt
Jul 4, 2003

the great trollini

screenwritersblues posted:

Hey Lego goons, maybe you can help me out with the set that I'm looking for. Over the past year, I keep seeing this really awesome motor home set that has pop up on a few different commercials, most recently in the commercial where all the Star Wars mini figs pile into it and then jump into the millennium falcon. I've check the Lego site a few times and it keeps telling me there is one, but it isn't like the one in the commercials. Is it real or did they just build it for that and if it is real, what the product number and what set is it from.

The instructions used to be available on BuildTogether.com, but it looks like they've been removed.
There's a PDF mirrored here: http://blockdot.mgnetwork.com/lego/buildtogether/downloads/rv.pdf
The first few pages have an inventory with part numbers.