Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster

quote:

I don't get it. Are pedophiles the new jews?

I was reading

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=ap-pennstateex-coach-allegations[
and it says "the school’s athletic director and an administrator were charged with perjury and failing to report"

Sounds an awful like how Germans would get in trouble for not reporting jews.

Also, the sentiment against pedophiles being the scum of the earth, when clearly this pedophile
was a hero at penn state (prior to this news) and lived like one of you people for 67 years of his life.

Seems like the next step is to tag a star on them and send them to concentration camps.

I don't even...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kosmonaut
Mar 9, 2009

Wh... you mean it's illegal to withhold information about a murder? And murderers have to go to jail? Even if they're a sports coach?! What is this, Stalinist Cuba?

Opinion Haver
Apr 9, 2007

the posted:

I don't even...

Good to see someone bravely take on Big Anti-Pedophilia.

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl

the posted:

I don't even...

The gently caress did that even come from?

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Okay, now let me try to follow the logic of this. That comment could be somewhat understandable if, let's say, the person in question was accused of saying that young boys arouse him. I mean, that's not a crime.

Although even if you heard some guy working with children saying things like that, and you had never seen him do anything bad to children, you WOULD HAVE TO immediately act on it. That kind of person just should not be working with kids, period. If you're working at a school and your work buddy said that he wants to gently caress a child and you do nothing and the next day he rapes a child, you are indirectly responsible.

But that the perp was working with children, molesting them, and some other people saw him sexually assaulting the kids and did not act on it. And then someone thinks this is like Germans protecting Jews from Nazis? :stare:

Sorry, no. I can't follow it.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
First they came for the child molesters...

Suddenly Tentacles
Sep 14, 2008
Pretty sure whoever wrote that is probably a child molester. You might want to go ahead and report them now, just to head off any possibility of being charged as an accessory.

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

the posted:

I don't even...

That HAS to be a troll. Nobody could legitimately construct that kind of logical train without being a pervert, and I'm pretty sure a pervert would either be smart enough to know not to say that kind of thing or otherwise be in prison or something already.

Augster
Aug 5, 2011

Gaahhh, thought I was in the reddit thread at first.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Received a follow up from my lab partner (who has been avoiding me like the plague and thinks my girlfriend and I owe her an apology). She started posting aggressive Conservative stuff on my wall, arguments against evolution/climate change, why LIEberals are destroying the country, etc. Nothing noteworthy to post since it's pretty bottom-barrel stuff even by Freep standards, so I started deleting it and received this angry response:

Conservative Sally posted:

so now you're deleting my posts cause you have nothing to say. I dont care. i warned you dont start talking politics with me. i wasted both of our time...especially my

Me posted:

Post something noteworthy and I'll keep it. Post something aggressive and I'll take it down. It's my wall, I'll keep what I want on it.

Conservative Sally posted:

aggressive? you can't see your own aggressiveness. this is exactly what s wrong with you people..."before you judge me take a look at yourself" .. i was making an argument with quotes and stuff...but hey chillax. I tried so hard to ignore your ignorant "funny" aggressive posts. I wont say anything again i promise. )))) lol
but i have to admit.. thanks pal. you and your lady make me laugh so hard. i love u guys!!

I'm ignoring her now, only communicating in regards to our work. It just baffles me. The closest anecdote I can think of is someone talking about government-funded mind control and when you point out how crazy that sounds they shout "I'm not crazy...YOU'RE CRAZY!"

red19fire
May 26, 2010

It's not really a debate. It's like she just started screaming gibberish during a normal conversation; then when you finally give up and walk away you're the aggressive one, and 'I warned you not to debate with me, stupid liberal' :smug:

I feel like this happens in Congress, daily.

Sarion
Dec 24, 2003

Dirty Job posted:

Received a follow up from my lab partner (who has been avoiding me like the plague and thinks my girlfriend and I owe her an apology). She started posting aggressive Conservative stuff on my wall, arguments against evolution/climate change, why LIEberals are destroying the country, etc. Nothing noteworthy to post since it's pretty bottom-barrel stuff even by Freep standards, so I started deleting it and received this angry response:

I'm ignoring her now, only communicating in regards to our work. It just baffles me. The closest anecdote I can think of is someone talking about government-funded mind control and when you point out how crazy that sounds they shout "I'm not crazy...YOU'RE CRAZY!"

You should just ask her why she wants to study science if she hates facts and logic so much.

Maybe one day she'll show us all and publish a paper on "Why Climate Change is a hoax: The Quotening". :science:

blackmet
Aug 5, 2006

I believe there is a universal Truth to the process of doing things right (Not that I have any idea what that actually means).

Thenipwax posted:

It's so loving irritating that so many conservatives think they have a monopoly on working hard. According to many, once liberals work in the "real world"*, they'll become conservatives.

*The real world is whatever world they work in

Lately I've been noticing something...all the most right-wing, anti-tax, tea-party, conservative, "BOOTSTRAPS AND PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY!!!!!!" people I know are 30 years olds who live with their parents, have been either unemployed or very sporadically employed for multiple years, own almost nothing and paid for next to nothing that they actually do own.

They're welfare queens. Not governemental welfare queens, but parental welfare queens. Their parents aren't rich either. They're mostly working and lower-middle-class people who are pushing back their retirements partially due to tanking 401k's and a junky economy and partially due to the fact they're still stuck paying for the food, clothing, transport, and entertainment of adults who won't or can't leave their house.

Meanwhile, almost everyone I know who's even SLIGHTLY to the left of that crowd works, pays taxes, pays rent or a mortgage (or, if they do live with their parents, cover everything for themselves except for housing), and lives atleast a mostly financially independent lifestyle. And they harder they've had to work to get to that point or stay there, the more liberal economically they tend to be.

I wonder if there's a study to prove my anecdote.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

the posted:

I don't even...

I don't think they quite understand the difference between "pedophile", a person with a creepy and hosed up fetish, and "child molester", a person who has committed a heinous crime. And that failing to report a crime is something you can get punished for.

Basically, they're either a pervert or incredibly stupid.

Wet Bandits Copycat
Apr 18, 2004

blackmet posted:

Lately I've been noticing something...all the most right-wing, anti-tax, tea-party, conservative, "BOOTSTRAPS AND PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY!!!!!!" people I know are 30 years olds who live with their parents, have been either unemployed or very sporadically employed for multiple years, own almost nothing and paid for next to nothing that they actually do own.

They're welfare queens. Not governemental welfare queens, but parental welfare queens. Their parents aren't rich either. They're mostly working and lower-middle-class people who are pushing back their retirements partially due to tanking 401k's and a junky economy and partially due to the fact they're still stuck paying for the food, clothing, transport, and entertainment of adults who won't or can't leave their house.

Meanwhile, almost everyone I know who's even SLIGHTLY to the left of that crowd works, pays taxes, pays rent or a mortgage (or, if they do live with their parents, cover everything for themselves except for housing), and lives atleast a mostly financially independent lifestyle. And they harder they've had to work to get to that point or stay there, the more liberal economically they tend to be.

I wonder if there's a study to prove my anecdote.

Some are like that. They really, truly, believe that all their money and opportunity is being siphoned away to pay for people who either A: are welfare queens, or B: are fake intellectuals who do nothing all day and went to school for free who don't do actual work.

They hate both of these groups and have no actual self-awareness. Their political positions are the result of emotional reactions they have to the world around them mixed with their refusal to admit that they might be wrong.

ledge
Jun 10, 2003

nunchi posted:

They hate both of these groups and have no actual self-awareness. Their political positions are the result of emotional reactions they have to the world around them mixed with their refusal to admit that they might be wrong.

No, their political positions are what they have been told on Fox News and talk radio. They're just too willfully ignorant to realise that they are being lied to, and it is nice to blame someone (anyone) else for their own problems.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

redmercer posted:

"Multipliers"? It's war, not pinball.

Shoot opponents for score.

Shooting accuracy increases multiplier.

AlternateNu posted:

A married E-6 at 10 years with dependents living somewhere cushy like Germany who is deployed 6 months out of the year can easily hit $50k. If he has something extra like Foreign Language Proficiency Pay...that can hit $250 a month, hazardous duty and tax free combat zone...yeah, its doable.

Maximum FLPP used to be 1000 per month. AFAIK, you can only get that if you are in a job where knowing a foreign language is part of your job. I was getting 600 per month, for two languages.

VideoTapir fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Nov 7, 2011

zeroprime
Mar 25, 2006

Words go here.

Fun Shoe

Dirty Job posted:

Should have just asked if she was high after that last post. Grammar, spelling, a coherent message? Nope, can't be assed to do any of that nonsense.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Small Frozen Thing posted:

I don't think they quite understand the difference between "pedophile", a person with a creepy and hosed up fetish, and "child molester", a person who has committed a heinous crime.

Yup. Funny to see this go the other way, usually it's pedophile->child molester. There was a morbid news article about "teachers behaving badly" on some lovely site that I clicked recently. One of them was a 25 year old having sex with his 17 year old student. Okay, he should lose his job for that, but I remember thinking "couldn't you have waited one more year dude..." :smith:

Of course he probably couldn't if he was a 25 year old immature enough to be in a relationship with a high school girl.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Arglebargle III posted:

Yup. Funny to see this go the other way, usually it's pedophile->child molester. There was a morbid news article about "teachers behaving badly" on some lovely site that I clicked recently. One of them was a 25 year old having sex with his 17 year old student. Okay, he should lose his job for that, but I remember thinking "couldn't you have waited one more year dude..." :smith:

Of course he probably couldn't if he was a 25 year old immature enough to be in a relationship with a high school girl.
But how is he going to abuse his authority over her if she's no longer in school? Yeesh, some people. :rolleyes:

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

Some dude I know posted this. He's in the Air Force and literally thinks that people shouldn't be able to vote unless they served in the military.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Tomahawk posted:

Some dude I know posted this. He's in the Air Force and literally thinks that people shouldn't be able to vote unless they served in the military.

Service guarantees citizenship, after all.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Fishstick posted:

Service guarantees citizenship, after all.

Its really kind of screwy. Everyone I maintain contact with (or at least have on Facebook) who are active duty military are vehemently anti-OWS. I seem to be the only one not bitching about lazy bums defecating in the streets. Even one of my old XOs (who's a blast to hang out with if nothing else) posted a long rant hitting all the major anti-OWS talking points. (No Clear Message, Usage of Modern Technology, Disrupting the jobs of people who actually work, destroying public places, etc.) Of course, he misses all of the standard fallacies related to those points, but the most interesting one was his claim that the protesters were not elected, thus they should have no right to claim that they "represent him". It was kind of surreal reading that whole diatribe.

VideoTapir posted:

Maximum FLPP used to be 1000 per month. AFAIK, you can only get that if you are in a job where knowing a foreign language is part of your job. I was getting 600 per month, for two languages.

Yeah. They seriously cut back on specialty pays recently. I'm in a PEP billet right now and get $250 for it. But still...COLA + BAS + BAH + FLPP + Sea Pay make up almost 45% of my pay check.

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp

Tomahawk posted:

So he is proclaiming that soldiers died for ARE FREEDOM, but at the same time is against universal suffrage...

Leospeare
Jun 27, 2003
I lack the ability to think of a creative title.

Snoggle posted:

So he is proclaiming that soldiers died for ARE FREEDOM, but at the same time is against universal suffrage...

Soldiers only die for the freedoms of Real Americans (ie, soldiers).

I don't ever have to meet this guy to know that everything he knows about WWII came from Hollywood.

Save Russian Jews
Jun 7, 2007

who the fuck is this guy anyway, i can't even see his face

Lipstick Apathy

Tomahawk posted:

Facebook patient zero? Anyway, I'm posting this because the comments are a loving blast. Seriously, check out some of them.

ts12
Jul 24, 2007

Save Russian Jews posted:

Facebook patient zero? Anyway, I'm posting this because the comments are a loving blast. Seriously, check out some of them.

You'd think for all the pride these people have about [Relative X] serving in [branch of military] they'd join themselves or something. I mean, that's what a TRUE American would do anyway.

Z-Magic
Feb 19, 2011

They talk about the people and the proletariat, I talk about the suckers and the mugs - it's the same thing. They have their five-year plans, so have I.

Tomahawk posted:

No member of the Occupy movement has ever served in the armed forces and that's a fact :colbert:

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Tomahawk posted:

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
Here's some followup comments on that picture from that guy and his friends.

Original Guy: i bet, if we went to war with these pathetic queers-that could be something most Americans would rally behind

Guy 2: I look to WWII generation and realize we've become a bunch of women in high heels afraid to get our hair wet

Original Guy: well, a percentage have. but also in ww2, they had the opportunity to run onto a burning tank and equalize a platoon of nazis with a .50 cal machine gun and a bullet hole in their arm. now we have to be nice, and beleive these shitbags when they say the AK wasnt theirs.

Guy 3: I joined the military and defended my country, backed it's decisions, and sacrificed 3.5 years of my life in foreign lands. I am the %1 of %1

Guy's Brother: commies

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Goddamn commies in WWII

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

google "The Night Witches", and prepare for :stare:

CheesyDog posted:

This would be better with the 1934 picture next to a picture of children working in sweatshops circa 1900. "drat kids these days, look at you trying to get a handout for your family, go get a job and help your family, lazy fucks"

*edit*
Speaking of lazy fucks, of the people I know, the good deal from probably both left and right could be considered not all that healthy, it's definitely more so on the right, because apparently eating healthy and riding a bike to places once in a while is un American or something(like some to the point of King of The Hill-esque levels of eating steak/ capacious amounts of other red meat daily). These are the people who are going to be such a massive drain on medicare in the future from obesity related problems it's hilarious in its irony. Also why do so many of these people love pick up trucks when they have no need for them.

Amused to Death fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Nov 7, 2011

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

CheesyDog posted:

In the end they got well paying jobs with perks like food, uniforms, tools and trips to Asia, Africa and Europe that they don't have to pay dime for.

Z-Magic
Feb 19, 2011

They talk about the people and the proletariat, I talk about the suckers and the mugs - it's the same thing. They have their five-year plans, so have I.

Amused to Death posted:

Also why do so many of these people love pick up trucks when they have no need for them.

How else could they let everyone know how well-endowed and hetrosexual they are?

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Amused to Death posted:

This would be better with the 1934 picture next to a picture of children working in sweatshops circa 1900. "drat kids these days, look at you trying to get a handout for your family, go get a job and help your family, lazy fucks"

*edit*
Speaking of lazy fucks, of the people I know, the good deal from probably both left and right could be considered not all that healthy, it's definitely more so on the right, because apparently eating healthy and riding a bike to places once in a while is un American or something(like some to the point of King of The Hill-esque levels of eating steak/ capacious amounts of other red meat daily). These are the people who are going to be such a massive drain on medicare in the future from obesity related problems it's hilarious in its irony. Also why do so many of these people love pick up trucks when they have no need for them.

EDIT: Sure no problem VV

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Nov 7, 2011

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

google "The Night Witches", and prepare for :stare:

Radish posted:

Brilliant. Mind if I steal it to post around?

Sarion
Dec 24, 2003

Radish posted:

EDIT: Sure no problem VV

This is totally going on my facebook, and G+.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

Amused to Death posted:

Also why do so many of these people love pick up trucks when they have no need for them.

How do you have no need for a pickup truck? Do you never buy, move, or sell furniture or do yardwork?

Jazu
Jan 1, 2006

Looking for some URANIUM? CLICK HERE

Amused to Death posted:

Brilliant. Mind if I steal it to post around?

That's not really a matching response, though. It's not like people were fighting WW2 because they weren't demanding higher wages. They were fighting WW2 because WW2 was happening.

It's like the "donner party conservative" thing. You're effectively asking for the world to be worse so you can see people be defined in contrast to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Jazu posted:

That's not really a matching response, though. It's not like people were fighting WW2 because they weren't demanding higher wages. They were fighting WW2 because WW2 was happening.

It's like the "donner party conservative" thing. You're effectively asking for the world to be worse so you can see people be defined in contrast to it.

So something like this instead?