Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Mr Hands Colon posted:

Is that supposed to be a joke or is this something that he said on the WUS?

Major pedophile uncovered at PSU, he was a former assistant coach for the football team. Coverups happening from local attorneys to coaches to administration.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.

Crotch Bat posted:

Major pedophile uncovered at PSU, he was a former assistant coach for the football team. Coverups happening from local attorneys to coaches to administration.

Ahhhh okay so John Hein is clearly identified as a child molester who would like to engage in the rape of a (roughly) 10 year old boy because he is the Blowjob King of Michigan State. Thanks for clearing that up.

edit: unless I'm missing some part of Hein being a pedo, please let me know. Seriously, trying to equate this to him is absurd. What (allegedly) went down at PSU is disgusting and I literally have no idea as to why anyone would bring his name into this story.

Mr Hands Colon fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Nov 8, 2011

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Mr Hands Colon posted:

edit: unless I'm missing some part of Hein being a pedo, please let me know. Seriously, trying to equate this to him is absurd. What (allegedly) went down at PSU is disgusting and I literally have no idea as to why anyone would bring his name into this story.

Mike Tahoe posted:

I think the joke is that Hein looks like a creepy pedophile.

Long running joke in the thread that Hein will inevitably appear in the background of any photo and always look like a pedo.

It was a just a (bad)joke, he wasn't trying to allude to anything else.

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Nov 8, 2011

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Crotch Bat posted:

Long running joke in the thread that Hein will inevitably appear in the background of any photo and always look like a pedo.

It was a just a (bad)joke, he wasn't trying to allude to anything else.

Sal referred to him as Jon "the Boy Toucher" Hein in a phony phone call, plus (and my memory's a bit hazy on this for some reason) I think he did something like donate to a child sexual abuse charity in Hein's name for Christmas last year.

e: Oh, and he called a psychic and said the ghost of his dead uncle (Jon Hein) was raping him like he did when he was a boy.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

DangerDummy! posted:

Sal referred to him as Jon "the Boy Toucher" Hein in a phony phone call, plus (and my memory's a bit hazy on this for some reason) I think he did something like donate to a child sexual abuse charity in Hein's name for Christmas last year.

This is one of Sal's greatest pranks

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
My faaavorite is when Howard rants that people should only undertake some activity if there's a profit involved.

And then he berates Lisa G for having the nerve to do things she enjoys instead of staring at a wall for 40 minutes a day. :jerkbag:

Sasquatch!
Nov 18, 2000

[img-CaptainObvious] I know, but god, DePace is unhinged. He uses the worst logic and reasoning of anybody on that show, and that says a lot.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

Sasquatch! posted:

[img-CaptainObvious] I know, but god, DePace is unhinged. He uses the worst logic and reasoning of anybody on that show, and that says a lot.

Are you referring to today's episode? Because yeah, once again Howard yells at Scott for doing something, he barges in yelling that he's totally innocent, they calmly ask him if he did it, he then goes "Yeah I did BUT YOU GUYS ARE THE ONES WHO ARE WRONG FOR BEING MAD ABOUT IT!"

Also just gotta say that Brett Ratner did come off as quite a douchebag yesterday. I didn't even care that he was open with his sex stories, they were all just him bragging about how great he is.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

God drat, The Nick & Artie Show is a hell of a lot funnier and more entertaining than I could of hoped for. Artie was such a needling little prick during the Hank Williams interview. What a good show.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

qbert posted:

Also just gotta say that Brett Ratner did come off as quite a douchebag yesterday. I didn't even care that he was open with his sex stories, they were all just him bragging about how great he is.

Agreed. And the backpedaling on the Michael Jackson thing was more than a little odd and illogical.

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

Ether Frenzy posted:

My faaavorite is when Howard rants that people should only undertake some activity if there's a profit involved.

And then he berates Lisa G for having the nerve to do things she enjoys instead of staring at a wall for 40 minutes a day. :jerkbag:

While at the same time shooting pictures of shelter animals for the North Shore Animal League's calendar.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Ha

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/movies/2011/11/brett-ratner-resigns-as-oscar-producer-after-gay-slur.html

quote:

Director Brett Ratner submitted his resignation as a producer of the 84th Annual Academy Awards Tuesday after coming under fire for making a gay slur.

"He did the right thing for the academy and for himself," Academy of Motion Pictures Arts and Sciences President Tom Sherak said Tuesday afternoon. "Words have meaning, and they have consequences. Brett is a good person, but his comments were unacceptable. We all hope this will be an opportunity to raise awareness about the harm that is caused by reckless and insensitive remarks, regardless of the intent."

In a Q&A session last weekend after a screening of his new film, “Tower Heist,” Ratner said, “rehearsal is for fags." He then went on Howard Stern's Sirius XM show and talked about masturbation, cunnilingus, pubic hair, the size of his testicles, his sexual encounter with Lindsay Lohan.

Ratner apologized Monday and Sherak seemed to accept his apology, but the drumbeat of criticism continued Tuesday, culminating in Ratner's resignation. It was not immediately clear whether Ratner's handpicked host, Eddie Murphy, would also leave the show, scheduled for late February. Ratner and Murphy did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Hahah Ratner you loving twat

I can just imagine him using racial slurs on Xbox Live

Peter North
Apr 23, 2003

quote:

In a Q&A session last weekend after a screening of his new film, “Tower Heist,” Ratner said, “rehearsal is for fags." He then went on Howard Stern's Sirius XM show and talked about masturbation, cunnilingus, pubic hair, the size of his testicles, his sexual encounter with Lindsay Lohan.

But does he use hash oil? Does he do anal?

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.

qbert posted:

When has Brett Ratner ever NOT come off as a douchebag? I thought his douchiness was pretty well established.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
I love how Howard is incredulous that people think going on his show is bad idea for peoples careers. How many people have been fired or otherwise disciplined just for being on his show, not even having said anything controversial? The hottest girl with the ugliest guy comes to mind. Either he knows and doesn't truly care about his guests, or he is completely delusional about his show being career poison.

edit: Also, F-Brett.

Fist
Sep 16, 2007

Guys, I know this is a complaining thread, but it seems like this week more effort was put forth. Fred and sound drops where more plentiful, banter (with out guest) was better. Even today's Cold Play guy I enjoyed (mostly the music part of it).

The banter I mentioned above would be way better if there were someone in the jackie/artie spot, but the annoyance factor of Robin this week wasn't so bad from me.

I even found myself upset that I couldn't hear the wrap-up show and the Scott DePace Stuff.

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.
I haven't been listening much lately because the show has just been lovely, but I did manage to catch that Ratner guy and well, you knew he was going to be dropped from the show after that.

Also Eddie Murphy has walked away from hosting the Oscars because of this (as expected).

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Artie excoriating JD over his choice in movies. So great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbqtyR-MgKg

GUESS WHO'S TALKIN? THE FUCKIN BABY!

Chimneyfish
Oct 14, 2003

I really can't remember the last time I visited HowardStern.com and didn't see a big picture of Beth on the front page.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

haljordan posted:

Always a classic, thanks.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Chris Martin was a pretty good interview today. Came off as a cool dude, despite Howard being oddly aggressive in his questioning. He kept trying to get Chris to admit to the stereotypical rocker lifestyle he had in his head.

It's sad that I'm actually looking more forward to the Josh Jackson interview on GeekTime this Friday than anything Howard has coming up.

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

Indolent Bastard posted:

I love how Howard is incredulous that people think going on his show is bad idea for peoples careers. How many people have been fired or otherwise disciplined just for being on his show, not even having said anything controversial? The hottest girl with the ugliest guy comes to mind. Either he knows and doesn't truly care about his guests, or he is completely delusional about his show being career poison.

edit: Also, F-Brett.

I'm pretty sure she was fired not because she went on Howard's show but because she called in sick to appear on the show. You have to be loving retarded to call in sick then appear on a national radio show. Smart move for a teacher....

I don't want to defend Hampton's Howie but the show is only toxic if you're an idiot. He doesn't put a gun to people's head and force them to talk. Plenty of guests have avoided talking about who they've hosed, how much money they make, etc.

Ratner was an idiot and maybe he should have kept his mouth shut until after producing the Oscars. Who the gently caress cares anyway? No one watches the Oscars anymore and it's a mystery why it's still on tv.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.

haljordan posted:

I generally dislike Artie, but "The Guy That Laughs At Everything" will always be funny.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Fist posted:

... but the annoyance factor of Robin this week wasn't so bad from me.

"Coldplay has only sold 3 million albums!"

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

Glumwheels posted:

No one watches the Oscars anymore and it's a mystery why it's still on tv.

Gotta disagree here. I get invited to multiple Oscar Parties each year.
Yes it is usually an awful production and most people just read the results the next day, but its still a huge TV event that usually gets high ratings.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

Yes it is usually an awful production and most people just read the results the next day, but its still a huge TV event that usually gets high ratings.

Any event show gets high ratings though. Because it's a TV special. Anyone can create an awards show and get higher ratings than what would normally be on the air.

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

:stare:

Ok but that doesn't really mean anything. The ratings have been slipping for years and at this point it's the only show on television that night. Everything else is a rerun or some crappy movie. If the networks actually put good poo poo up to compete against it you'd see the ratings for the oscars even lower.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
I'm surprised Howard isn't into Glee, but I guess because it is scripted and you don't vote on it, he doesn't watch it.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

Glumwheels posted:

:stare:

Ok but that doesn't really mean anything. The ratings have been slipping for years and at this point it's the only show on television that night. Everything else is a rerun or some crappy movie. If the networks actually put good poo poo up to compete against it you'd see the ratings for the oscars even lower.

Ya I dont disagree that it gets high ratings by default, and my view is a little screwed because I have lots of friends that work in the movie industry, but it still makes a poo poo ton of money from advertisers and as long as it does that its not going away.

Here are the recent numbers of viewers

2011 37.6 million The King’s Speech
2010 41.3 million The Hurt Locker
2009 36.3 million Slumdog Millionaire
2008 32.0 million No Country For Old Men
2007 40. 2 million The Departed
2006 38.9 million Crash
2005 42.1 million Million Dollar Baby
2004 43.5 million Lord of the Rings: Return of the King
2003 33.0 million Chicago
2002 41.8 million A Beautiful Mind
2001 42.9 million Gladiator

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

AxeManiac posted:

I'm surprised Howard isn't into Glee, but I guess because it is scripted and you don't vote on it, he doesn't watch it.

Does any woman's whole rear end in a top hat hang out? No? Then Howard isn't interested.

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

Howard Stern in talks to join 'America's Got Talent'

quote:

Now that Piers Morgan is out, NBC is apparently looking for one helluva firebrand to fill his judge’s seat on America’s Got Talent.

EW has confirmed that Howard Stern is in talks to sit alongside Sharon Osbourne and Howie Mandel on the six-year-old talent show. The Wall Street Journal says the radio personality could command nearly $15 million to take over for Morgan, who announced Wednesday that he’s leaving to focus full-time on his CNN show.

Stern would continue hosting his radio show for Sirius XM. The catch: America’s Got Talent is filmed in Los Angeles so NBC is considering whether to relocate the show to New York to accommodate Stern. Stay tuned.

Streebs
Dec 6, 2003

RIP
Wow that's interesting. I think Howard would be pretty great on one of those talent shows, especially when it's clear he cares about them so much

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Howard is so mean to people when he's talking to regular dudes who aren't fans. He would be fantastic on that show and I would probably watch.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
Wow - that's pretty crazy. They would move the whole show for him to be on it, if this is true. I've never watched a second of that show but I would tune in if Howard was on it.

Qaz Kwaz
Jul 24, 2003
What's your email? I've got some shitty posts that you NEED to read.
Stern would be GREAT on AGT. I think it's a great fit, given how friendly and familiar he is already with Sharon and Howie Mandel.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Howard ain't goin to Cali

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

-Atom- posted:

Howard ain't goin to Cali

They are going to move it to NYC for him.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002
It'll never ever happen. They won't move the show and Howard won't join it.

And now he's going to talk about it for weeks/months and how he would be great on it and they should be sucking his balls yet he would never do it.

His show as it is takes enough out of him, he's getting older and practically retired now (12 hour work week?), plus he's got to keep a tight eye on that Real-Doll of his.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

chiz posted:

It'll never ever happen. They won't move the show and Howard won't join it.

And now he's going to talk about it for weeks/months and how he would be great on it and they should be sucking his balls yet he would never do it.

His show as it is takes enough out of him, he's getting older and practically retired now (12 hour work week?), plus he's got to keep a tight eye on that Real-Doll of his.

I really can't imagine he will do it. More posturing for SiriusXM regarding the lawsuit? Maybe trying to prove he is still relevant?

It would still be interesting if he did though!