Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Defiance Industries posted:

Everything. I installed the underwater vault house with the sorters and the display shelves so it fans the flames of my hoarding. It's just shelves of guns and ammo, or food and drink, or currency, or drugs. It arranges them on shelves and walls FOR ME! How can I resist?

:stare:

Oh man, anything that auto-sorts my obsessed collection of weapons/armor etc is the best. Why oh why don't these games give you dummies to put armor onto? I would love to have one of each armor type for all of the factions to catalog my kills.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

You better believe I picked up every goddamn Sunset Sarsparilla Deputy Badge. 300+

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Corte posted:

I've played plenty and am fairly thorough, I know star caps come off certain NPCs and are found in the environment. So far in 30hrs of this run I have 22, I figured bottles would fill it out, I suppose 5% of 256 is only 12.5ish. This is a pretty annoying quest to complete, why can't it have other solutions like high science to hack Festus or something!
Because then you wouldn't learn anything like we all had to as kids with the loving tootsie roll stars.

Jerusalem posted:

:stare:

Oh man, anything that auto-sorts my obsessed collection of weapons/armor etc is the best. Why oh why don't these games give you dummies to put armor onto? I would love to have one of each armor type for all of the factions to catalog my kills.
Holy poo poo I have to pick this up when I get out of the Sierra Madre.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

AlmightyBob posted:

You better believe I picked up every goddamn Sunset Sarsparilla Deputy Badge. 300+

Why the hell can't we wear badges? I worked for it, and I want to be the deputy of New Vegas, dammit. :mad:

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

AlmightyBob posted:

I gave one to each of my companions. They're my deputies :downs:

Astroturf Man
Nov 2, 2006
Falsifying grassroots support since 2006!

eating only apples posted:

I miss your LP :saddowns: Any luck on unfucking your saves?

Back on topic, something I've been wondering. Is it possible to max out your SPECIAL legitimately? Implants, Intense Training, Small Frame, Four Eyes, the Lonesome Road perk, various bonuses from clothes/headgear/other perks... I spent like ten minutes trying to work it out and then got bored :shobon:

Logan's loophole + chemist goes a long way towards achieving this. I normally wander around with everything apart from INT and CHA maxed.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

LividLiquid posted:

Because then you wouldn't learn anything like we all had to as kids with the loving tootsie roll stars.

Holy poo poo I have to pick this up when I get out of the Sierra Madre.

It has a shelf that sorts and displays your gold bars, and does in fact have 'manequins' that you can display armor sets on.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

JawKnee posted:

It has a shelf that sorts and displays your gold bars, and does in fact have 'manequins' that you can display armor sets on.

loving sold!

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
man there's really no good reason not to have 10 int from the start
i stand by the fact that the extra skill points from each level up are worth more than any other stat

also: what's the name of this mod

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

It's just calledUnderwater Home. It currently only supports DM DLC but someone new started work on it recently, so that is something.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

It's just calledUnderwater Home. It currently only supports DM DLC but someone new started work on it recently, so that is something.

Actually the one I was referring to is called the Underground Hideout and currently supports all the dlc except GRA. http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=37884

JawKnee fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Nov 8, 2011

YOURFRIEND
Feb 3, 2009

You're an asshole, Mr. Grinch
You really are a cunt
You're as cuddly as a cockring
and charming being a shitheel

FUCK YOURFRIEND!

Hey guys, what do you hoard?

I only like stuff that glows in the dark.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

So I still need to know: Is there a way to unbug the gunseller in camp macarren? I did his quest line, but his inventory won't update. Can I force it to some how? Without being flagged for cheating?

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Bash Ironfist posted:

Without being flagged for cheating?

If you're worried about losing achievements, just use the console and then close/reopen the game after saving.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Hey guys, what do you hoard?

I'm fond of syringes. On an old save I had literally thousands and thousands of empty syringes.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Business Gorillas posted:

If you're worried about losing achievements, just use the console and then close/reopen the game after saving.

Ahh, didn't know that. Still gotta find a way to fix him though :(

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

JawKnee posted:

Actually the one I was referring to is called the Underground Hideout and currently supports all the dlc except GRA. http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=37884

Aaaaaagh. It's gonna take FOREVER to move all that stuff...

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

The hideout tool makes it fairly easy, you can make an entrance anywhere in the open world to it.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

I use the underground hideout for its mannequins and greenhouse but my main base is Lombard Station, which works with GRA

Dush
Jan 23, 2011

Mo' Money

You could open the console and use TGM. It removes your weight limit.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

The underground hideout has a Mojave Express box

Positronic Spleen
May 5, 2010

Bash Ironfist posted:

So I still need to know: Is there a way to unbug the gunseller in camp macarren? I did his quest line, but his inventory won't update. Can I force it to some how? Without being flagged for cheating?

If you want to replicate the script using the console, you would use:

set "E7363".iSuppliesStatus to 5
"F2482".SetOwnership e5518

(I haven't confirmed that this syntax will work, I've never used setOwnership before) But this does not guarantee that he will start working since the script may have worked in the first place, but encountered an engine bug or something. The wikia page says that "Contreras never seems to update his inventory or his cap amount before he is imprisoned", although the GECK doesn't mention any inventory changes when that happens; like I said, possibly an engine bug. But all he gets are a handful more chems, including ultrajet (with its incurable addiction). As a merchant, his scripting has some quirks (mostly because it should have been a quest).

I'll look into it more later, I'm thinking the unofficial patch from Ravenmodding might have addressed this.

Asbury
Mar 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Hair Elf
I'd forgotten how brutal this game was on hardcore.

Using the "unless I die, I don't quickload" philosophy, I lost Cass to a nest of Radscorpions and EDI-E to Cazadores. After that I enlisted Boone, and he became my bro throughout the remainder of the game, snipin poo poo I didn't even know was there, saving my rear end at least a dozen times.

He died fighting Legate Lanius at the second battle of Hoover Dam. :(

Leinadi
Sep 14, 2009
I really like the fact that companions can die on Hardcore even though I suspect most people will just re-load their game if that happens.
At times it's bullshit though. When you encounter the Legion or NCR hit-squads, I find it next to impossible to keep my companion alive unless I spot the squads from a long way off in time. They are simply too dumb to avoid the gunfire, the squads have an extremely high damage output and stimpaking your companion just isn't enough.

One little thing that I haven't seen talked about, but which is great, is that each companion get their own little "RIP buddy" slide in the ending if they've died along the way. Really enjoyed that.

Dush
Jan 23, 2011

Mo' Money

3Romeo posted:

I'd forgotten how brutal this game was on hardcore.

Using the "unless I die, I don't quickload" philosophy, I lost Cass to a nest of Radscorpions and EDI-E to Cazadores. After that I enlisted Boone, and he became my bro throughout the remainder of the game, snipin poo poo I didn't even know was there, saving my rear end at least a dozen times.

He died fighting Legate Lanius at the second battle of Hoover Dam. :(

You know that happens to quite a few people, I think it's a pretty decent end for the character. He'd be perfectly happy with it.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Dush posted:

You could open the console and use TGM. It removes your weight limit.

It's more the act of picking up everything that had been sorted onto shelves.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

It also comes with a teleportation gun that works despite weight limits.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Well, just finished my first playthrough. I logged 31 hours and only got 25 percent of the achievements, and I had a lot of undiscovered places on my map. My run was pro NCR. I didn't set out to do it (I didn't even know what my options were) but it just kind of coalesced naturally for the character I was playing. I was particularly thrilled that I was able to beat the Legate with the power of my maxed out speech stat, how many games let you take down the final boss by talking it out? I'm really looking forward to playing this game a few more times, and I can't wait to pick up the DLC when it's super cheap for the Steam Christmas sale. What a game.

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Edit: wrong thread.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

robot roll call posted:

Well, just finished my first playthrough. I logged 31 hours and only got 25 percent of the achievements, and I had a lot of undiscovered places on my map. My run was pro NCR. I didn't set out to do it (I didn't even know what my options were) but it just kind of coalesced naturally for the character I was playing. I was particularly thrilled that I was able to beat the Legate with the power of my maxed out speech stat, how many games let you take down the final boss by talking it out? I'm really looking forward to playing this game a few more times, and I can't wait to pick up the DLC when it's super cheap for the Steam Christmas sale. What a game.

Fallout 1 was particularly notable for allowing you to "defeat" the last boss by convincing him his Super Mutant future was foolhardy and causing him to commit suicide.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

rope kid posted:

Post-patch, those squads actually only spawn in specific places. In the "good ol' days", they would spawn at Cottonwood Cove and (maybe) Mojave Outpost, then track you all over the place. The engine wasn't great at that, so we (Jorge Salgado) reworked the whole system. There are a healthy number of locations where they will now spawn. Consider them to be "waiting to ambush" rather than tracking you, because they really don't roam that far anymore.

The Legion ambushed me at the top of Helios One. That was a surprise.

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal
Hey a few pages ago you guys were chatting about which NPC you always murder. How is it possible for nobody to mention Antony, the most ridiculously voiced chucklefuck this side of the Mississippi?

Exhibit A (at 09:30)

AlmightyBob posted:

I use the underground hideout for its mannequins and greenhouse but my main base is Lombard Station, which works with GRA

Yeah, these are the best two house mods ever. I too use both for various purposes. :3:

However I'm currently tinkering around with my own personal little hideout mod (largely based on Lombard), because even Lombard is a little too spacious and fancy for my slummin' scummin' scav. I just want a dark, lovely little basement with the bare essentials - a bunk, water pipe, modest little machine shop, sorters, and a greatly pared down weapon/ammo rack. Maybe Lombard sized, but without the big two-level weapon/ammo/mannequin room.

GECKin' is fun.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!

robot roll call posted:

I was particularly thrilled that I was able to beat the Legate with the power of my maxed out speech stat, how many games let you take down the final boss by talking it out?

The goon favorite Planescape: Torment and -to some degree- Fallout 2 have this too. Both are made by ex Black Isle now Obsidian teams/designers so there is a pattern here. Reasoning/Intimidating/Lying the poo poo out of final bosses is awesome.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

I tried installing the underground hideout. It causes my game to crash on start up. No clue why :( I used lombard too.

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.

MrL_JaKiri posted:

The Legion ambushed me at the top of Helios One. That was a surprise.

Same here. I took great joy in powerfist launching them over the safety rail.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Trustworthy posted:

Hey a few pages ago you guys were chatting about which NPC you always murder. How is it possible for nobody to mention Antony, the most ridiculously voiced chucklefuck this side of the Mississippi?

"I'M ANTONY, Legion tryharrrrrd~. Cower as I retuuuuuurn to the hououruruors of... Puberty. :shepface:"

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I hope one day for a fallout that takes place around the same era as the first one, in complete 3D with completely destructable environments. Like.. c4 a wall and it's gone. And nut targeting. The next fallout game better well have drat groin as an option when targeting. Especially unarmed and melee.

I mean.. who hasn't played fallout 1 and kick someone so hard in the nuts that the slid across the map....

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Trustworthy posted:

He's a tribal, an idiot, totally broken over having his dogs thrown onto a bonfire, and not voiced by the guy who played General Oliver - I'm willing to give him some slack. The people in Caesar's tent don't have any of those excuses, though, and they've got gear worth fighting over.

As for people who I kill every time, just about everyone with a name involved in Nelson - I don't think anyone likes being threatened. You'd think Haggarty would think twice about throwing his weight around after you show him you roll with 20+ hits of Psycho, but noooo.... :mad:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I always end up having a run through where I make sure to sneak-murder absolutely everyone who has the same voice as "Default male NPC". You know, the one that drones on and on and has like a hundred characters that do nothing that he voices himself. Not just the ones that talk about nuclear winters either. I swear by the time I was done half the NPCs in the entire game were dead because of that one guy and his annoying mediocre voice acting.

And Fantastic. Now God's sucking his teats, and it feels so good~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Last week you folks were talking about some rapist in North Vegas. This may be the only quest I haven't ever encountered. Can somebody rock some details my way?