Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
My favorite bit is him always wearing the airforce jacket. Like how in all anime and video games the characters only have one set of clothes. I guess it's not enough for him to believe inwardly that he's an anime, he has to manifest it outwardly too.

What a bad person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

I'm glad you got out of that relationship. As opposed to Denise whose behaviour can still be (somewhat) explained away as being a shut-in who do not understand people's feelings, Brian seems way more malicious than dumb. Feeding your girlfriend's rat to your own snake, getting people to come in to steal her poo poo and stealing her poo poo at the same time, I mean, gently caress.

Mondlicht
Oct 13, 2011

if history could set you free
This thread has been amazing. Include me in the group of people who thought their weird anime friends were as weird as they come. Clearly not.

I was a loser in junior high so I made friends with a similar group of girls. They made up their own weird reasons for why they were reincarnations of whatever goddess they wanted to be, were in love with anime boys, drew lovely anime. All the stereotypes. We all took Japanese class together.

"K" was my best friend for a long time, mostly out of necessity. She was from a very poor family with lots of siblings and didn't shower very much, and if she did she didn't put a ton of effort it. She's still drawing lovely anime as far as I know, and has 3 kids and is not married and works at K-mart. I honestly feel bad for her for whatever reason. I guess I wanted her to break the cycle her family had been in for awhile, her mom had her and her siblings young and never got out of her lovely job. I just wanted better for her, even after she got so weird I had to stop talking to her. I've seen her since then and we basically don't acknowledge we know each other.

"S" the short red-headed girl who called herself a "neurotic hobbit" is now dressing in gothic lolita and got married in Disneyland some odd years ago. She liked to argue that anime was definitely not "cartoons", and she always spoke in a fake British accent. We managed to hack into her private Livejournal and found entries where she talked about having sex with her boyfriend in between commercials while they watched anime, in the basement while her mom was upstairs.

"D" kept a framed picture of Xellos from Slayers on her desk in all the classes I had with her, including Japanese class. She came from a strict military family and treated her virginity like an unpinned hand grenade, and I was a prude at the time so I had no idea what to do with her. This made her the alpha female of the group because she was actually doing things with boys while the rest of us wondered what holding hands was like. She also claimed to have multiple anime personalities, as did most of those girls, come to think of it. She wanted to be a mortician but dropped out of school to go to raves and is now doing cocaine/e somewhere.

Looking back it's weird to think I associated with people like that, when at the most I watched anime casually and drew Sailor Moon in my notebooks when I was bored. I guess we all needed each other at the time, in some weird way. Grade school is a scary place and we did what we could.

The Triumphant
Sep 2, 2011

Yeah, I've seen Robocop. Bitches, leave.
Jesus Christ Noodles, I don't know how you survived that. Around the time he murdered my pet I probably would have set the dude on fire.

Red_October_7000
Jun 22, 2009

RalAegidius posted:

My personal belief is that this social construct is partially responsible for the attraction many young women have to pseudo-occult practices such as ritual sex (as far as I know there are no legitimate religions or esoteric practices that make use of this), where sex is made sacred, or actual naturist religions where nudity during ritual is considered a sign of respect (but is not sexual at all). Problem is, for the latter, you need to already be well-grounded in who you are as a sexual being.

There are a few religions that do the ritual sex thing; there's a big problem in India with the women who do it end up getting VD and then spreading it (or at least there was a few years ago when the BBC did a piece on it). Otherwise what you said is a pretty fair analysis.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

uglynoodles posted:

- Had very specific, very vivid, probably sexual fantasies of being Emperor of the world. Said he would rename it Terra.

Did it involve creating 21 clones of himself and abolishing religion and spreading this empire of science and logic to the entire known galaxy?

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky
The only question to ask is if they ever met.

Effexxor
May 26, 2008

Not gonna lie, I was a bit freaked out when I saw that first picture. Because I'll be damned if that doesn't look eerily like the most bizarre girl in my high school, Allegra.

I met Allegra on my first day at band camp. I'd just transferred to the district, didn't know a soul, and was desperate for anyone to talk to. And then I met Allegra. She was nice, but within moments of meeting me, she was telling me about how she was engaged to one of the members of the A*teens, an ABBA cover band that had some minor hits a couple of years earlier. Apparently he was the most perfect fiance ever and she'd gush over all of the romantic things he'd done. She'd also tell me about how she was best friends with one of the female members and how dontcha, she was going to Sweden to perform a concert because she was totally a popstar in Sweden, but was really a big deal in Finland. She was the only person I knew, I was having to march with a sousaphone, and I didn't know any better.

However, it became really obvious that she was a little nuts. Here are some gems:

- The Spice Girls stole one of her songs. Despite the fact that Allegra would have been 9 years old and that no one was really impressed with the Spice Girls by high school, she was adamant that they stole her copyrighted song, and was apparently suing them and about to receive millions of dollars from royalties. She also wrote songs for Hanson, but she let them have those because they were such nice guys and she wanted to help out their careers.

- She was a big deal in Scandinavia on the weekends in summers during middle school, but had to stop because she hurt her back. Also, if pressed, she gave a few people burned CDs that had 'her' songs on them. They were of course songs of other women singing and when asked about it, she said that some of the songs were her singing before puberty changed her voice and others were just songs she'd written.

- She was a Egyptian influenced Wiccan. She wrote wiccan newsletters, constantly talked about how she did her rites 'skyclad', i.e. nude, and wore pentacles on everything she could. Being somewhat interested in it at the time I tried to talk about what I knew about it, but it seemed like the only things she knew about being wiccan were doing rites skyclad and loving a 'healthy, full figured' woman.

- She was single handedly running the fat acceptance movement and was forming a huge nationwide awareness group and had talked to Queen Latifa and several famous plus size models about doing commercials with her about it.

- She was a model. She was not a model. We had swimming classes at my highschool and if you've ever seen a bear in a swimsuit with yellow toenails, you know what she looked like. There was dark hair growing on her chest, her legs were about as hairy as a man's and her facial hair... christ, she had a mustache, sideburns and a unibrow that would not quit. Apparently, she waxed every week. If that was true, whoever did the waxing would be able to send their kids to college on Allegra's bills alone.

- The cool kids were her friends. She'd tell her weird awkward friends who stuck with her, I couldn't stand her by the end of that first band camp, that the more popular kids in school totes hung out with her on the weekends and went shopping and did their nails and were besties. Also, apparently she and a very popular guy had been holding back from dating because they were such close friends. The popular guy when asked had no idea they were so close.

God, that was cathartic. I have more to say, but I'm almost to the point of writing a novel here.

froglet
Nov 12, 2009

You see, the best way to Stop the Boats is a massive swarm of autonomous armed dogs. Strafing a few boats will stop the rest and save many lives in the long term.

You can't make an Omelet without breaking a few eggs. Vote Greens.
Another "weird anime person" story for the pile.
Note: I was not present for any of these events, this is just what a few people present told me and considering they all told me it independantly of each other, I'm inclined to believe it.

At a local anime club there was a lady who had her name legally changed by deed poll to the name of Harry's mum in the Harry Potter series. She named her son Severus. :stare:

She also accused some of the club members of raping her while she was passed out drunk (despite some of them having airtight alibis). I won't go into too much detail, but the police concluded no rape had occurred, then Lily took the accused to civil court where the judge promptly threw the case out.

I believe she got banned from the club soon after that, but not before a few members had horror stories about her and her son couchsurfing with them because she doesn't have her own house. I feel really sorry for that kid. :smith:

RalAegidius
Nov 12, 2004

It's a crow. In a box.
I know a woman who legally changed her name to Servalan K. Avon. The fandom in question is Blakes 7, for those who care.

Yes, she's insane.

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl

Dickeye posted:

Did it involve creating 21 clones of himself and abolishing religion and spreading this empire of science and logic to the entire known galaxy?

You don't have plat so I'm straight up going to ask you what the hell you're on about here. What the hell are you on about, here?

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time
In high school there was a (three-wolf-moon shirt wearing) girl who insisted upon being called "White Dragon Six Star" or something like that. Not simply "White Dragon" or "Six Star", but it had to be "White Dragon Six Star" all in one go. It was on such a level that I never even knew her real name.

I wasn't the definition of hip back in those days, but I knew to keep my distance. I don't even think I ever had a conversation with her, I just found her made up name more odd than the usual forced fantasy names. She had a crush on one of my friends and would make passes at him on myspace.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Uhhh...correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the Earth already called Terra?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

redmercer posted:

You don't have plat so I'm straight up going to ask you what the hell you're on about here. What the hell are you on about, here?

Warhammer 40k.

Earth is called Terra, the galaxy is ruled by a God-Emperor, and then the rest of my post is literally part of the backstory.

I was implying that not only was the dude nuts, but he had no imagination.

BENGHAZI 2 fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Nov 9, 2011

Viola the Mad
Feb 13, 2010
I think it's the Latin word for Earth. It shows up fairly often in sci-fi as a fancy-shmancy future term for Earth. Oh, and humans get called "Terrans." Well, it does sound better than Earthlings, I suppose.

marsattacks
Apr 2, 2011

froglet posted:

Note: I was not present for any of these events, this is just what a few people present told me and considering they all told me it independantly of each other, I'm inclined to believe it.

At a local anime club there was a lady who had her name legally changed by deed poll to the name of Harry's mum in the Harry Potter series. She named her son Severus. :stare:

She also accused some of the club members of raping her while she was passed out drunk (despite some of them having airtight alibis). I won't go into too much detail, but the police concluded no rape had occurred, then Lily took the accused to civil court where the judge promptly threw the case out.

I believe she got banned from the club soon after that, but not before a few members had horror stories about her and her son couchsurfing with them because she doesn't have her own house. I feel really sorry for that kid. :smith:

Ah, this brings back memories.

There was some woman who got "married" to Snape on the astral plane, right?

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.
I just caught up with the last couple stories, and came up real quick with a fun activity for y'all to try!

Also, uglynoodles, I love this thread and am glad you no longer have to deal with these kinds of people.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

FunkyAl posted:

I just caught up with the last couple stories, and came up real quick with a fun activity for y'all to try!

This activity is really difficult. Could you send me a cheat code or something?

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
The astral plane sounds like a party. All the cool fictional characters are getting it on there.

Milky Boy
Mar 23, 2009

froglet posted:

Do they happen to be Australian?

Feral
Jun 13, 2003

My god, look at this place. It's like a museum of failure!

marsattacks posted:

Ah, this brings back memories.

There was some woman who got "married" to Snape on the astral plane, right?

I believe there were several, and some of them got in a fight as to which of them was the REAL Snapewife, and then some of them made up and decided everyone could be married to Snape since it was the astral plane.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Feral posted:

and then some of them made up and decided everyone could be married to Snape since it was the astral plane.

Well, why not.

uglynoodles
May 28, 2009

quote:

Did they ever meet?

Yep, don't worry. Now that you know who Brian is, I can tell you about the times Denise and Brian hung out and the crazy poo poo they talked about. :3: BUT this is a thread about Denise, so, the rest of the stuff will be about her and how she fit him into her lore.

But until then, onwards. To work. Hurray. :smith:

quote:

Less Brian

No problemo. He does tie in though.

uglynoodles fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Nov 9, 2011

froglet
Nov 12, 2009

You see, the best way to Stop the Boats is a massive swarm of autonomous armed dogs. Strafing a few boats will stop the rest and save many lives in the long term.

You can't make an Omelet without breaking a few eggs. Vote Greens.

Milky Boy posted:

Do they happen to be Australian?

Funny enough, yes. :stare:

I think the weirdest thing is that she's not the first person I've heard of changing her name to Lily and naming her son Severus. :catstare:

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

Champignon posted:

In high school there was a (three-wolf-moon shirt wearing) girl who insisted upon being called "White Dragon Six Star" or something like that. Not simply "White Dragon" or "Six Star", but it had to be "White Dragon Six Star" all in one go. It was on such a level that I never even knew her real name.

One of my friends has super hippy parents and ended up with the middle name Moon-Wolf Fire. As a kid, she could never remember where the hyphen went, so she got them to change it to something more reasonable: Starfire. So it's not just otakus who like stupid names.

Also, chiming in with everyone else to say this thread is excellent!

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

RalAegidius posted:

I know a woman who legally changed her name to Servalan K. Avon. The fandom in question is Blakes 7, for those who care.

Yes, she's insane.

I love Blake's 7 more than I should, but.. :stare:

happyflurple
Oct 31, 2006

redmercer posted:

As a Bokononist I am offended especially by this. How can you boko-maru with a cartoon?

Haha, I love you!

In college I dated a girl who was well into anime. I remember the turning point for me was when she started putting photoshopped pics of her on Myspace as characters from Dragonball Z, told me she was destined to be a man and wanted to work on sex phone lines.

We severed after a massive rant in which she got pissed off with me for not doing something for her whilst never getting in contact with me to ask me to do so. She had my phone numbers, my email address, she knew where I lived and we had mutual friends but not once did she utilise any of that.

Happy ending though, we got back in contact after a year and now she's fairly straight headed and we're pretty close.

Absolute Lithops
Aug 28, 2011

After one long season
of waiting, after one
long season of wanting
Ugh I'm so glad you got away from that guy, Uglynoodles.

By the way, it's generally recommended that if someone is harassing you by phone, email, etc., the best thing to is just not respond. Their goal is simply to get a response--any response. So even responding to say "Don't contact me" tends to encourage them to keep contacting you.

PutinOnTheRitz
Oct 25, 2010
I seriously bordered on being "that girl", I think. I was smart enough to keep it all pretty much secret though. Unfortunately my elementary school friend (Who is also a goon, Hi Sarah!) who pops up every now and then likes to fill in my current friends on my bullshit pseudo-furry gay roleplay past. I never thought any of them were OMG SOUL BONDED THOUGH. One of my friends was convinced she was going to move to japan and become FAMOUS MANGAKA(tm), but she grew out of that poo poo by about 15. I remember her taking me to an anime convention and being scared shitless. Luckily, by high school we had a very obvious "that girl" who eclipsed both of us. I'll call her D.

D started out normal, I think. I met her in grade 9 and she seemed normal enough, although she was very loud and had a bit of a speech impediment that made it sound like she always had a backup of saliva. She was in my art class and back then I was a comparatively good artist among my peers. So we talked. And she told me about her characters. The primary character was something like a "half weasel, half rooster" with a big red mohawk, 6 legs (2 of which were chicken feet) and big dragonfly wings and a dragon-like tail and looked more wolf like than anything. She told me all about her online adventures with this charming little guy, and his "mate" who was a patchwork doll played by her friend who was made up of different animal parts sewn together- also male.

She kind of dropped out of my life for a while until about grade 12 when we had a creative writing class together. Once every few weeks we had a circle and read aloud some of our work. D decided to read her lovely story about a man-succubus (She had a word for it that was fancy and special but I don't remember it) that had explicit sex with women and men and was then executed for spreading STD's or something. I don't remember the story exactly, but I do remember the stunned silence from the rest of us. And the picture she showed me of him. Which she drew herself. With a lot of detail, but mysteriously absent penis. She also took the time in this class to fill me and my friends in on her online boyfriend who apparently was visiting her and they totally had sex all the time and he was wearing her out! Jesus christ, I just wanted an easy A for my university applications...

Next time I saw her was at a convention over last summer. She's gained about 50lbs and was cosplaying a troll from Homestuck. (I'm so sorry, guys.) I was wearing an elaborate costume when I saw her and we locked eyes for a moment, during which I felt my heart stop a little. She just kept walking after a little look of disdain. I don't think she recognized me with the wig/makeup/losing a bunch of weight since high school. Thank god.

Edit- Uglynoodles, I completely sympathize with you about Brian. It sounds like we dated very similar people. Your post actually gave me flashbacks to it, and there's really not much more to do now but move on. Don't respond to any correspondence and hopefully he'll go away after a while. Mine did. I wish you luck with future relationships! You seem like a very kind, caring person. :3:

PutinOnTheRitz fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Nov 9, 2011

I Watson
Feb 25, 2011

Good-night, sweet prince;
And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

PutinOnTheRitz posted:

D decided to read her lovely story about a man-succubus (She had a word for it that was fancy and special but I don't remember it) that had explicit sex with women and men and was then executed for spreading STD's or something.
Incubus?

PutinOnTheRitz posted:

Next time I saw her was at a convention over last summer. She's gained about 50lbs and was cosplaying a troll from Homestuck. (I'm so sorry, guys.)

Any cash bets on her cosplaying Nepeta?

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

Are there any websites out there that'll mimic sending back an e-mail saying the e-mail doesn't exist?

Groghammer
Aug 10, 2011

On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!

I Watson posted:

I'd put 50/50 odds on that or Vriska.

On topic, these stories are horrifying and funny at the same time and I'm really hlad I never ran into these people.

Groghammer fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Nov 10, 2011

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I can't imagine how you could recover after Brian, or your whole formative years being absolutely surrounded by the most vile crazy broken people. Are you ok????

Tasty and Delicious
Jun 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Dickeye posted:

Warhammer 40k.

Earth is called Terra, the galaxy is ruled by a God-Emperor, and then the rest of my post is literally part of the backstory.

I was implying that not only was the dude nuts, but he had no imagination.

I love seeing games attributed for things they didn't create. Terra is indeed the Latin name for Earth, but somewhat confusingly:

quote:

By International Astronomical Union convention, the term terra is used only for naming extensive land masses on celestial bodies other than the Earth

So either way, naming the earth Terra is nerd-level retarded. In the future people will completely forget Nordic or Hindi gods existed and that all their names must have come from Finaly Fantasy 20.

PutinOnTheRitz
Oct 25, 2010

I Watson posted:

Incubus?

YES that's the word.

And also I believe it was Nepeta. Is there a significance to this? I don't know the series at all but I recognize that name.

FoulWeatherFriend
Apr 10, 2006

Huh, okay...

Salvador Dahlberg posted:

Then there's the 8-10 years older than me guy who goes by the name of "Hentai", I poo poo you not. And some guy who's really into bdsm and goes to the same bdsm clubs as his sister or something. Also I'm fairly sure at least half of them were furries.

Did this happen in Stockholm, Sweden? Because if not, there's more than one set of these people. If it did, more than likely these people are part of my extended circle of friends :suicide:

I Watson
Feb 25, 2011

Good-night, sweet prince;
And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

PutinOnTheRitz posted:

YES that's the word.

And also I believe it was Nepeta. Is there a significance to this? I don't know the series at all but I recognize that name.

Nepeta is the one that ships the relationships of her fellow trolls and roleplays that she is a cat. She is the most popular one with fat cosplayers for some reason. :allears:

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

PutinOnTheRitz posted:

YES that's the word.

Catgirl. Constantly makes cat puns. Shipper. Overly bubbly attitude.

She's an embodiment of crazy fangirl obsessed with cats basically, and certain people gravitate to that. Basically when she was introduced as some cat ear wearing crazy in a cave the narration itself was "oh god not this."

PutinOnTheRitz
Oct 25, 2010

Yonic Symbolism posted:

Catgirl. Constantly makes cat puns. Shipper. Overly bubbly attitude.

She's an embodiment of crazy fangirl obsessed with cats basically, and certain people gravitate to that. Basically when she was introduced as some cat ear wearing crazy in a cave the narration itself was "oh god not this."

Sweet baby Jesus it all makes sense now :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
You've got to be kidding me.

Each of the trolls is pretty much the embodiment of one of the worst aspects of the internet (internet trolls :downs:). Nepeta is the shipper and roleplayer.

• Locked thread