Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Songbearer posted:

Dear Rockstar:

You see this? Don't do this. It's a glitch, sure, but it's one that you have to actively exploit to get anything out of it. TBOGT is a blast, but being able to abuse your parachute to help you fly through the air like some gravity-defying superman sounds like a riot. Don't remove fun from your game!

I assume this is because of the basejumping multi....that no one plays anyway. Either way this pales in comparison to the sin of not including a cheat that makes everyone around you drunk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I assume this is because of the basejumping multi....that no one plays anyway. Either way this pales in comparison to the sin of not including a cheat that makes everyone around you drunk.

Oh god. If you had this on along with angry pedestrians, it'd be like the funniest zombie invasion ever.

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

you have been visited by the Tasty Garlic Bread. you will be blessed by having good Garlic Bread in your life time, but only if you comment "ty garlic bread" in the thread below
Niko is by far the best GTA character if you just imagine him as the badass from Behind Enemy Lines:

Kymera
Sep 6, 2006

The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world

Bloopsy posted:

Niko is by far the best GTA character if you just imagine him as the badass from Behind Enemy Lines:

Haha I remember the first time I saw Niko I thought of the sniper from that movie.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
I never played GTAIV, is it worth just getting the episodes standalone disc, does that have enough content/replay value or should I really play the main game if I want to experience GTAIV? Really I want to know if the main game is worth bothering with, because i've heard positive things about the DLC.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Wandle Cax posted:

I never played GTAIV, is it worth just getting the episodes standalone disc, does that have enough content/replay value or should I really play the main game if I want to experience GTAIV? Really I want to know if the main game is worth bothering with, because i've heard positive things about the DLC.

Get the complete collection (main game + DLC packs). The main game deserves to be played through at least once, and after you get through it, you'll be familiar with the layout for the DLC packs, which are better than the main game.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Get both as your music selection will be a bit limited if you just do Episodes.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Wandle Cax posted:

I don't know, the two guys above me want you to play the whole game because we're clearly all GTA fans. If the reason you never played GTA4 in the three and a half years it's been out is because you're not a very big fan of GTA games, then I'd say sure, just get the expansions because if you do decide the story isn't your cup of tea, you'll at least start the game with the whole city already unlocked and you can just mess around to your heart's content.

Of course that being said, the whole collection doesn't cost much more if you think you may want to play all of it just get the whole thing.

Double Happiness
Aug 4, 2010

Quit smoking reduces heart risk
If I got the complete collection of GTA4, would I have all of the GTA4 music in the expansions like I would on the install?

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Wandle Cax posted:

The Episodes are definitely worth it, but I still think IV is worth a playthrough at least once.

Honestly, being able to create stuff like this more than makes up for the shortcomings in IV:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mo94dUhu2TU

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender

Double Happiness posted:

If I got the complete collection of GTA4, would I have all of the GTA4 music in the expansions like I would on the install?

Every episode has a different music selection. This is especially noticeable with Vladivostok FM, which rules in vanilla, is incredibly bad in TLAD and just bland in TBOGT. Speaking of TBOGT, now THAT'S how you do a final mission!

FetusOvaries
Jun 16, 2010

I'll kiss you in the rain
Some "leaked" info if you're bored:
http://www.reddit.com/r/GrandTheftAutoV/comments/m5tdq/opensurvivor_leaks_thread_at_gtaforums/

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
a 53 year old protagonist. :what:

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
I love how anyone can just say they work for a Magazine or they're a beta tester, what happend to the 'my uncle works for R*'?

Although I bet the mountain stuff is true, regardless of that post being fake or not.

Gnarly Bae Jepsen
Jul 12, 2007

Manic Pixie Dick Girl

That leaked set of info is almost certainly a fake it has some cool ideas in it.

The Deadly Hume posted:

a 53 year old protagonist. :what:

This being one of them.

seregrail7
Nov 3, 2006

simosimo posted:

I love how anyone can just say they work for a Magazine or they're a beta tester, what happend to the 'my uncle works for R*'?

He got fired for leaking all that info.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***

seregrail7 posted:

He got fired for leaking all that info.

Ah it must be true then!

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

I don't even know why I spoiled that considering it's so implausible that it has to be fake.

All of the protagonists so far have been late 20s to mid 30s, old enough to have some experience and a "past" but young enough to be able to run around and punch people in the head without needing an oxygen cylinder. Except Claude, I suppose, though a small part of his backstory was sort of retconned in in SA.

csidle
Jul 31, 2007

Eh? You pick that as implausible? John Marston was probably in his late 30s or early 40s, I wouldn't be surprised if GTA V's next protagonist was around that age, but even a 53-year old isn't absurd. I don't see why, anywho.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Being that age would explain why you have lovely spring at the start of the game. :eng101:
Get in shape gramps!

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
50 year olds can still be pretty baller, y'all.

Plus being middle aged will explain why he's driving a sportscar in the trailer :v:

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

OK, some people can be pretty badass right into their 70s, but they might as well bring Tommy Vercetti back if they're going to have someone that old.

(Yes, I realise that it's a new canon again.)

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Wandle Cax posted:

Pretty much everyone should beat GTA IV at least once, but realize its fairly long, and at times can really drag. You really need to have the depressed I want to watch gritty european movies mindset in hand to enjoy it, rather then the traditional lets have fun mindset you usually have when you play games.

Lost and the Damned is pretty good, but if you dislike Biker culture you might as well skip it, it didn't really add anything all that exciting. I thought it was neat enough, but many people didn't like it.

Everyone should play Ballad, because it showcases the fact Rockstar did hear people complaining about GTA IV being a bit to depressing/realistic, and attempted to merge the silly/realism a bit, especially in the last mission, and while it could have been handled a little bit better, it was still probably one of my favorite things. "Yo Yusuf, now is not the time, I got to race to the airport to stop this crazy Russian gently caress, as if he leaves the country, me and Tony are hosed. Why am I telling you this?" "LUIZ, MY friend of the family, YUSUF DOES NOT LEAVE HIS HOMIES HANGING!" :allears:

That single moment was probably my favorite one in the entire GTA saga, simply because I had lost all faith in Rockstar, and then suddenly Gold Plated Apache starts doing strafing runs in front of me, while Yusuf yells out crazy poo poo at people. It went even better since I had the cops on me, and it was pitch black at night, and suddenly Helicopter starts blasting the cops. It was such a "Rockstar you glorious bastards" moment.

BrandonGK
May 6, 2005

Throw it out the airlock.
I'm supposed to believe that a beta tester would violate his NDA and risk legal action just to impress the brain trust at the GTAForums?

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

BrandonGK posted:

I'm supposed to believe that a beta tester would violate his NDA and risk legal action just to impress the brain trust at the GTAForums?

It makes sense to people who think forum cred actually means something (ie 12 year olds).

Besides, that list contradicts itself:
"The mafia aren't included"
"The mafia wear blue"

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

BrandonGK posted:

It's also funny how all these "leaks" come out after the trailer is released, when anybody could just be making stuff up based on what's already been shown. The real way to leak information would be to post it all a couple days before the trailer so everyone believes you after the trailer comes out and confirms lots of the stuff you said.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

wa27 posted:

It's also funny how all these "leaks" come out after the trailer is released, when anybody could just be making stuff up based on what's already been shown. The real way to leak information would be to post it all a couple days before the trailer so everyone believes you after the trailer comes out and confirms lots of the stuff you said.

Yeah that's what gets me. There was absolutely no leaked information until Rockstar announced a trailer was going to happen and then all of a sudden people start to talk? How convenient.

BrandonGK
May 6, 2005

Throw it out the airlock.

The Dave posted:

Yeah that's what gets me. There was absolutely no leaked information until Rockstar announced a trailer was going to happen and then all of a sudden people start to talk? How convenient.

And of course blogs and websites keep reporting these "leaks." Oh Games Journalism. Never change.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

webmeister posted:

It makes sense to people who think forum cred actually means something (ie 12 year olds).

As a former member of GTAForums I can say this is definitely the case.

csidle
Jul 31, 2007

Personally I think the SA forums would be vastly improved if we introduced a reddit-esque voting system for posts. The votes that each one of your posts gets are added to or subtracted from your total forum karma! Wouldn't it be delicious?

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
GTAV: 100 Glowing, Cooing Sasquatches

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday
I'm certain if you sat down and had a proper look at all those claims about the size of Los Santos, they would not add up at all.

nudejedi
Mar 5, 2002

Shanghai Tippytap
My cousin who's in the beta said you can find Yoshi on top of the U.S. Bank Tower.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

If I've learned one thing from GTA it's never believe your cousin.

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
Find all 100 crazy Sasquatches by following this 1 weird old tip.

Willie Trombone
Feb 13, 2004

"GTA V is landlocked by impassable mountains" *remembers that the first shot of the trailer is of an ocean extending to the horizon and that later shots show watercraft as well as one of the largest ports in the world* "uh, now the south and west are infinite oceans and the south-east and east are infinite deserts"

Also, as I've said earlier, if a facsilime of San Diego features in the game, it will almost certainly be named "Los Puerta" -- not "Santa Hueso"-- as alluded to in the trailer.

Dan Hollis
Jun 16, 2006

Surprise!!!

quote:

The northern side of the map is bordered by the Tetas Grandes Mountain Range (the real-life equivalent being the Los Padres National Forest).

This translates to "Big Tits" Mountain in spanish.

a bunch of ants
Jan 21, 2009

Wanna be professional criminals with me?

Dan Hollis posted:

This translates to "Big Tits" Mountain in spanish.

That name isn't that far out there, just look what those wacky Frenchmen did in our beloved Wyoming.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Teton

Also just parroting what everyone else is saying: all the leaks we've seen so far are B.S.

WOLF KIDULT MAN
Jun 13, 2008
That, and Tucson is like eight hours away from the Los Angeles area and largely uninteresting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trap Star
Jul 21, 2010

Knightmare posted:

As a former member of GTAForums I can say this is definitely the case.

I remember your username along with Anuj who also posts here. Being linked back to those forums after about five years was a serious nostalgia trip. I remember all the little clans/groups that were formed when everyone was hopefuly GTA3 would have multiplayer components. CFM for life baby.

• Locked thread