Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

YES bread posted:

No, he just thought that cats were total assholes.

That's because they are.

I LOVE THEM ANYWAY. :catstare: :catdrugs:

Someone come up with song lyrics, it's been awhile since we've had any music and we have absolutely NOTHING about ADWD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009

my cat is norris posted:

That's because they are.

I LOVE THEM ANYWAY. :catstare: :catdrugs:

Someone come up with song lyrics, it's been awhile since we've had any music and we have absolutely NOTHING about ADWD.

That's because ADWD is about absolutely NOTHING.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Touché, my good man.

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

ZearothK posted:

She just needed a cat now that the Frey had taken her Cat.

This is beautiful.

batomys
Sep 16, 2008

Jaqen H'car spotted on Mythbusters last night

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I've known cars that could change their paint jobs as easily as most men change their orders at the drive-thru window at Jack in the Box.

Ruffhauzer
Oct 16, 2011

What are the odds that Qyburn gets a hold of Robb's corpse with Grey Wind's severed head sewn onto it and brings him back to life as a zombie wolf-head man? After all the other necromancy bullshit that seems pretty likely (and rad).

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Think of it, didn't Robb nominate someone as his designate heir after he got the news of Theon killing his brothers (and then the chapter abruptly closed before letting us know who)? Did that ever come up or is it one of the many hanging threads in the series?

smarion2
Apr 22, 2010
Well right before he took off to the Red Wedding he stated that Jon would be the heir of Winterfell if anything ever happened to him. Nothing was really mentioned after he died though.

24-7 Urkel Cosplay
Feb 12, 2003

I figured that's going to come up once Jon is resurrected because then he doesn't have his Night's Watch vows to hold him back

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

Chunk posted:

I figured that's going to come up once Jon is resurrected because then he doesn't have his Night's Watch vows to hold him back

Something tells me the discrimination he faced in life for being a bastard will fare him well against the discrimination he'll face in living undeath.

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004

Nilbop posted:

Something tells me the discrimination he faced in life for being a bastard will fare him well against the discrimination he'll face in living undeath.
Finally something he can bond with his step-mom over, though.

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009
The corvette roared through the cobblestone streets of Winterfell, turning heads as it passed. Pearl white, sunlight gleaming off of its gold bumpers, it reached the plaza. At the last possible moment it popped its brakes, skidding right in front of the assembled crowd. Before it had even stopped it began to transform, a majestic gold and white blur, landing with the utmost grace.

A hushed whisper ran through the crowd.

"Kingslayer."

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

bigmcgaffney posted:

The corvette roared through the cobblestone streets of Winterfell, turning heads as it passed. Pearl white, sunlight gleaming off of its gold bumpers, it reached the plaza. At the last possible moment it popped its brakes, skidding right in front of the assembled crowd. Before it had even stopped it began to transform, a majestic gold and white blur, landing with the utmost grace.

A hushed whisper ran through the crowd.

"Kingslayer."

Getting in on the ground floor of this fetish. I get the feeling it's gonna be big.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Is he an Autobot or Decepticon or is he one of those Dinobot thingers?

I bet he's like the Starscream of Westeros.

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009

my cat is norris posted:

Probably because Starscream rules.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
Jon is the Hot Rod. No loving business being groomed for leadership, yet there he is, the next Prime.

smarion2
Apr 22, 2010
Actually couldn't Jon be Sam Witwicky and be in robot heaven right now? Ghost could be bumblebee! C'mon guys I know you want to do Transformers fanfic instead of Warhammer this time :)

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

whowhatwhere posted:

Jon is the Hot Rod. No loving business being groomed for leadership, yet there he is, the next Prime.

I laughed hard at this, but Hot Robb is too perfect to ignore. Think about it! He goes through an evolution, too, whenever the wolf head is stitched to his body.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Q: If Gurm was a transformer, what would he be?

A:

The AN 225

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009

smarion2 posted:

Actually couldn't Jon be Sam Witwicky and be in robot heaven right now? Ghost could be bumblebee! C'mon guys I know you want to do Transformers fanfic instead of Warhammer this time :)

Every iteration, something changes. If only we had held on to our version of the Horn of Eld.

IRQ: that GRRMFORMER has a bunch of broken turbines, right?

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

my cat is norris posted:

A whiny, servile bitch? Even as a kid I knew Starscream was a backstabbing sycophant.

bigmcgaffney posted:

Probably because Starscream rules.

This is the least true statement I have ever read in this thread.

my cat is norris posted:

I laughed hard at this, but Hot Robb is too perfect to ignore. Think about it! He goes through an evolution, too, whenever the wolf head is stitched to his body.

And so he became Robbimus Prime. The first Prime raised from the Wargbot line. Obviously, the other production lines had a problem with this...leading to the War of Five Primes.

Devorum fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Nov 10, 2011

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009

Devorum posted:

Whatever, his name rules. Starscream/Darkstar forever.

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009
Edit: double post, goddamn.

Cashtool
Jun 2, 2006
Gridironfans

IRQ posted:

Optimus Prime Rib

Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

HOW ABOUT I LASH YOUR SHIT

IRQ posted:

A:

The AN 225

I think you mean

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Devorum posted:

My love for Starscream comes entirely from years spent mocking him for being absolutely ineffectual and cowardly. Robot Chicken honestly has nothing on the World's Worst Fanfic when it comes to Starscream being a walking joke.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Devorum posted:

A whiny, servile bitch? Even as a kid I knew Starscream was a backstabbing sycophant.

Starscream is way cooler than that... :smith:

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Barristan is clearly Soundwave.

Barristan: superior. Kingsguard: Inferior

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
gently caress this Transformers bullshit. What member of the cast of Venture Bros are they?

Sansa is obviously Dean. Rickon is Hank. Rhaegar is Jonas Sr. Tyrion is Rusty Venture. Margaery is Triana Orpheus (you barely see her but she seems cool enough). Barristan is Dr Orpheus.

Go on, it's loving uncanny.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

mikey triumph posted:

What are the odds that Qyburn gets a hold of Robb's corpse with Grey Wind's severed head sewn onto it and brings him back to life as a zombie wolf-head man? After all the other necromancy bullshit that seems pretty likely (and rad).

Ever since Catelyn came back, I have been hoping, nay, fervently loving desiring the arrival of Robb Stark alive and well with the small exception that he has the head of a Direwolf.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

my cat is norris posted:

Starscream is way cooler than that... :smith:

I could never stand him. The way he acts when Megatron returns as Galvatron pretty much seals the deal for me.

I support Barristan as Soundwave.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

my cat is norris posted:

Starscream of Westeros would be a pretty rad username.

Also clearly Littlefinger is Starscream.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
So, remember the strategy videogame that had some decent ideas but was made by Cyanide and therefore complete poo poo?

And the new RPG they're making with "innovative" "active slowdown tactical combat engine”?

Well whip out your cocks for Master Ramsay's inspection, because he's got two new games coming out!

http://www.usatoday.com/life/lifestyle/story/2011-11-07/game-of-thrones/51116740/1

•Bigpoint (Battlestar Galactica Online) is developing a free-to-play Game of Thrones massively multiplayer online role-playing game.

Oh good, because turning BSG into EVE Online without any of the poo poo that makes EVE Online worth playing is a stellar recommendation.

The big one is this:

•A Thrones-based social networking game — think FarmVille comes to Westeros — is also in the works.

Yeah.

Ramsay wants to know if you want him to cut it off yet or if you need it exposed to the air a bit longer.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Dominion posted:

Starscream of Westeros would be a pretty rad username.

Also clearly Littlefinger is Starscream.

I'm having a hard time coming up with a good equivalent for Jamie's character.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

whowhatwhere posted:

•A Thrones-based social networking game — think FarmVille comes to Westeros — is also in the works.

Ned Stark needs someone to adopt this baby direwolf! Click here to adopt this baby direwolf and earn 300G!

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

whowhatwhere posted:

So, remember the strategy videogame that had some decent ideas but was made by Cyanide and therefore complete poo poo?

And the new RPG they're making with "innovative" "active slowdown tactical combat engine”?

Well whip out your cocks for Master Ramsay's inspection, because he's got two new games coming out!

http://www.usatoday.com/life/lifestyle/story/2011-11-07/game-of-thrones/51116740/1

•Bigpoint (Battlestar Galactica Online) is developing a free-to-play Game of Thrones massively multiplayer online role-playing game.

Oh good, because turning BSG into EVE Online without any of the poo poo that makes EVE Online worth playing is a stellar recommendation.

The big one is this:

Yeah.

Ramsay wants to know if you want him to cut it off yet or if you need it exposed to the air a bit longer.

Why do fantasy authors insist on making deals with terrible companies for games? This is going to be worse than the WoT FPS.

Or that one time Grrm made an RPG and the company disappeared, then the head guy became a landscaper or something and had to be tracked down by PI so Grrm could get the license back. Good times. drat, the collector's edition book looks nice, though.

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

3Romeo posted:

According to Roose, as he's sassing Ramsay, human skin doesn't last as long as good leather. :ramsay:

Also, props to him for having the funniest line in the series: "The miller's marriage had been performed without my leave or knowledge. The man had cheated me. So I had him hanged, and claimed my rights beneath the tree where he was swaying. If truth be told, the wench was hardly worth the rope. The fox escaped as well, and on our way back to the Dreadfort my favorite courser came up lame, so all in all it was a dismal day.":moreevil:

I liked "Get the keys and remove those chains from him, before you make me rue the day I raped your mother."

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Devorum posted:

Why do fantasy authors insist on making deals with terrible companies for games? This is going to be worse than the WoT FPS.

The WoT FPS was really pretty good for its time, unless I somehow missed a new one? The GoT RTS game... dear god, I want those 20 minutes back. I wanted to play more of it to tell you guys how horrible it was but IT'S TOO HORRIBLE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

basx
Aug 16, 2004

Sassy old man!
It is sad that the best prose of ADWD has not yet been mentioned:

quote:

Monkey poo poo rained down around them all, splat splat splat.