Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Some Lined Paper
Sep 2, 2011

JOHN: wait a minute!
JOHN: i forgot, trolls hate cleaning products for some alien reason! shit, that's going to make everyone so uncomfortable.
Edit: Know what? New page. Let's forget that post last page was ever a thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
While we wait for 11/11/11 we should stave off insanity by appreciating the best Homestuck fanartist ever: Randys133.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNSftsog06s

I know there's a PYF Homestuck fanart thread so I don't want to get too into this, but I felt that Randys133 was worth mentioning again.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
TG: oh no
TG: this conversation just got bumrushed by a mudslide of loving awful

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

The only Homestuck dream I can ever recall having involved dozens of little Karkats and Terezis running around my apartment. I didn't want to go to work so I sent some of them in my place.

It was hot.

LadySage
Dec 26, 2005

AA: i am very much alive
AA: and i intend to stay that way :)

Supercar Gautier posted:

The only Homestuck dream I can ever recall having involved dozens of little Karkats and Terezis running around my apartment. I didn't want to go to work so I sent some of them in my place.

It was hot.

That sounds like an amazing dream.

I once dreamed that I walked out of a test being proctored by Vriska who is the worst proctor in the world. Then later I realized that by walking out, I got a 0, so I was trying to make up with her so she'd let me make up the test.

We went rollerskating. She was really good and laughed at how clumsy I was. :(

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
Yes let's all be complete morons and overreact about a really obvious troll. :jerkbag:

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

LadySage posted:

We went rollerskating. She was really good and laughed at how clumsy I was. :(

Don't lose heart, you'll break through that tsundere exterior.

Reregular
Nov 4, 2011

by I Ozma Myself

Zorak posted:

Yes let's all be complete morons and overreact about a really obvious troll. :jerkbag:

Wow, so my dreams seem so strange to you that I have to be a "troll." Nice.

Fortis posted:

While we wait for 11/11/11 we should stave off insanity by appreciating the best Homestuck fanartist ever: Randys133.

I know there's a PYF Homestuck fanart thread so I don't want to get too into this, but I felt that Randys133 was worth mentioning again.

Agreed.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
e: on second thought never mind. not playing this game.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Can we talk about potential new antagonists again? There's always the players in the Scratched kids universe.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Level Slide posted:

Can we talk about potential new antagonists again? There's always the players in the Scratched kids universe.

The new universe has no batterwitch, but it does have a swamp wizard.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

I'm still betting on SBaHJ being the basis of the post-scratch universe.

Gizmotinker
Oct 31, 2011

WILL COACH 4 RARES

Great at giving unsolicited bad advice in the Dota2 thread without having a public profile! You see, it's his shitty teammates that hold him back; he wouldn't want you thinking it's him.

His posts make it sound like he's playing a different game. Seriously.
Grandpa (J) will have Riflekind.

Bro will have 12Bladekind. (hero of time)

Mom will have Alcoholkind. (drunken master)

Nanna will have Jokerkind. (still a prankster)

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine

Gizmotinker posted:

1/2 Bottlekind :ese:

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
New antagonists?

Lord English just got here. Can't they just focus on killing him and finish the comic?

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
Mom, Bro and Nanna won't be there, it'll just be J playing the game by himself. He's the only one whose corpse wasn't removed before the Scratch. :v:

KoB
May 1, 2009

Gizmotinker posted:

Grandpa (J) will have Riflekind.

Bro will have 12Bladekind. (hero of time)

Nanna will have Jokerkind. (still a prankster)

Grandpa will be dual-pistolkind.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Isn't it a requirement for a session of Sburb to have at least one client and server player? I don't think it's possible for any session to have just one player.

Gizmotinker
Oct 31, 2011

WILL COACH 4 RARES

Great at giving unsolicited bad advice in the Dota2 thread without having a public profile! You see, it's his shitty teammates that hold him back; he wouldn't want you thinking it's him.

Yonic Symbolism posted:

New antagonists?

Lord English just got here. Can't they just focus on killing him and finish the comic?

No, Lord English just fully manifested in the Trolls' Scratched Session. He was always there. Both the Kids old session and the Troll's Scratch session are linked and are slated to be eaten. The Kids and the Trolls just high-tailed out of there.

The Scratch is precisely what Doc Scratch wants and how Lord English enters new Sessions, that means, Doc Scratch is already in the Kids' Scratched Session, and Lord English is already always there too.

Act 6 will probably be attempts to kill Doc Scratch to summon Lord English into the Kids' Scratched Session, and Act 7 trying to glitch the everloving gently caress out of "reality" to kill Lord English. Because this is a game and that's how you kill NPC's that are meant to be invincible from the start.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

My money is on Trickster John doing the glitching. He'd get English stuck on a wall.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Level Slide posted:

Isn't it a requirement for a session of Sburb to have at least one client and server player? I don't think it's possible for any session to have just one player.

Someone could probably run the server and client program in tandem on their computer. It's been shown that you can be the server for more than one client, so other weird stuff isn't unfeasible. We really don't know what the absolutes of Sburb are, short of "you must end up being a paradox baby".

I wouldn't mind at all if all of Act 6 was just Young Grandpa Harley fisticuffing with imps.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Reregular posted:

terrible things

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc

That's really all there is to say on the matter.

Also, I believe the huss stated act 7 will be an epilogue, so I doubt the LE fight will be in that.

Gizmotinker
Oct 31, 2011

WILL COACH 4 RARES

Arrhythmia posted:

Someone could probably run the server and client program in tandem on their computer.

All the players are running a server and a client on their computer. The question is "are there explicit rules against the server and the client being the same person?"

Happy Yeti
Jun 1, 2011

Level Slide posted:

My money is on Trickster John doing the glitching. He'd get English stuck on a wall.

http://www.mspaintadventures.com/index.php?s=6&p=002352
Obvious foreshadowing is what this is.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

Gizmotinker posted:

All the players are running a server and a client on their computer. The question is "are there explicit rules against the server and the client being the same person?"

I could see a Hero of Time having his/her future self be the server player.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
I'd be pretty disappointed if we never see a teen alcoholic Mom.

Fortis posted:

Holy Hell this is amazing

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Yonic Symbolism posted:

New antagonists?

But we have no "investment" in Lord English as a character he can't be an antagonist :jerkbag:

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
I hope John's dad somehow becomes a player in the new session, despite being just a regular dude and not a destined hero forged from ectogoo.

Snollygoster
Dec 17, 2002

what a scoop

Nate RFB posted:

But we have no "investment" in Lord English as a character he can't be an antagonist :jerkbag:

Clearly, destroying two universes isn't enough heel heat for Lord English, maybe he should cripple a child? That worked for Vriska!

:jerkbag crackles with energy and splits apart to reveal time-traveling sarcasm demon:

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Cheeseball IV posted:

I hope John's dad somehow becomes a player in the new session, despite being just a regular dude and not a destined hero forged from ectogoo.
No sorry John's dad-brother is dead forever, in fact he never actually existed

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Hamiltonian Bicycle posted:

Mom, Bro and Nanna won't be there, it'll just be J playing the game by himself. He's the only one whose corpse wasn't removed before the Scratch. :v:

Wasn't Jade's grandpa's body in Jade's house which was on LOFAF?

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

YF-23 posted:

Wasn't Jade's grandpa's body in Jade's house which was on LOFAF?

No, it was teleported into space along with all the other junk in Jade's living room by Bec.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Oh right, I'd forgot about that. Do we know why Bec even moved the stuff to space? Becuase I don't think there was any explanation given and I'm having a hard time trying to think one up for it.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

YF-23 posted:

Oh right, I'd forgot about that. Do we know why Bec even moved the stuff to space? Becuase I don't think there was any explanation given and I'm having a hard time trying to think one up for it.

"Get outta here, ball of prototypable material! I got this. Bark bark."

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

Supercar Gautier posted:

"Get outta here, ball of prototypable material! I got this. Bark bark."

To be fair, had Bec not prototyped itself, Jade's house would have been crushed by the giant meteor. That was the whole point, it needed sprite powers in addition to Green Sun First Guardian powers to protect Jade.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Plom Bar posted:

To be fair, had Bec not prototyped itself, Jade's house would have been crushed by the giant meteor. That was the whole point, it needed sprite powers in addition to Green Sun First Guardian powers to protect Jade.

Couldn't he just teleport the meteor? He was already all powerful, why did he need to be all powerfuler?

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

KoB posted:

Couldn't he just teleport the meteor? He was already all powerful, why did he need to be all powerfuler?
Because First Guardians can't shoot energy beams. SUCH IS THE MYSTIQUE OF THE GAME.

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

Okay, I'm on my first read-thru of this book-comic-movie thing, and oddly enough I just got to that part! And I'd like to ask, why did Bec prototype himself? Why didn't he just warp the meteor, or throw something else into the sprite? It also seems really bad that he prototyped himself, and apparently Jack is the end boss? Which is something I hadn't picked up. Is there another recap coming, because I took a long break and forgot some of the things that were happening.

If the answer to what I'm asking involves spoilers, then sorry, please don't spoil me!

I thought I had given up on this thing forever, because it seemed too confusing to be worth it. The only reason I decided to give it another try is because I had a weird dream about it last night, but all I can remember is what it was about and that it was interesting. I'm finally starting to figure out which troll is which, thanks to that little game in which you are Karkat talking to everyone in the big grey room. Speaking of which, what is that grey room? How did they get beyond time like that?

According to this movie ([S]Jade: Enter), Jack caused the rift? But I thought they said the kids caused it? And why did Vriska interfere like that - was she trying to kill Jade? I thought she was in on the conversation that said Jade and John were technically siblings.

Anyway, sorry to ramble, but I got banned from the chat a month or two ago because some guy had a problem with my forum posts (even though I had never met him before and had done nothing but ask HS-related questions...)

Thanks for reading this stupid post! I feel like this story is starting to come together for me, especially now that I've gotten a little past the frustration of not knowing who the heck any of the trolls are. I definitely still prefer the kids, especially John and Dave and Rose, but the trolls are starting to grow on me. Terezi and Karkat especially, since they seem like the nicest (who have also gotten the most screen time). The others are just way too mean and I don't understand why they try to kill each other all the time.

KoB
May 1, 2009

gowb posted:

Okay, I'm on my first read-thru of this book-comic-movie thing, and oddly enough I just got to that part! And I'd like to ask, why did Bec prototype himself? Why didn't he just warp the meteor, or throw something else into the sprite? It also seems really bad that he prototyped himself, and apparently Jack is the end boss? Which is something I hadn't picked up. Is there another recap coming, because I took a long break and forgot some of the things that were happening.

If the answer to what I'm asking involves spoilers, then sorry, please don't spoil me!

I thought I had given up on this thing forever, because it seemed too confusing to be worth it. The only reason I decided to give it another try is because I had a weird dream about it last night, but all I can remember is what it was about and that it was interesting. I'm finally starting to figure out which troll is which, thanks to that little game in which you are Karkat talking to everyone in the big grey room. Speaking of which, what is that grey room? How did they get beyond time like that?

According to this movie ([S]Jade: Enter), Jack caused the rift? But I thought they said the kids caused it? And why did Vriska interfere like that - was she trying to kill Jade? I thought she was in on the conversation that said Jade and John were technically siblings.

Anyway, sorry to ramble, but I got banned from the chat a month or two ago because some guy had a problem with my forum posts (even though I had never met him before and had done nothing but ask HS-related questions...)

Thanks for reading this stupid post! I feel like this story is starting to come together for me, especially now that I've gotten a little past the frustration of not knowing who the heck any of the trolls are. I definitely still prefer the kids, especially John and Dave and Rose, but the trolls are starting to grow on me. Terezi and Karkat especially, since they seem like the nicest (who have also gotten the most screen time). The others are just way too mean and I don't understand why they try to kill each other all the time.

You will get answers to pretty much all of this by the time you catch up. I wont give yes or nos since I dont remember exactly when Jade: Enter takes place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Nate RFB posted:

It'd be nice if more than half the characters actually knew the name of the final boss who represents all their tribulations until this point. Sure in some sense Lord English has been with us all along since he's the indirect cause for most of the players' suffering, but in another sense he's only just been revealed as a character - heck, until the reveal some people were honestly speculating he was more like a force of nature, like the game itself, or that he was the Green Sun. We haven't had time to learn about the character that is Lord English.

What's that Earthbound game everyone references with regards to Homestuck? That one supposedly had an all-powerful god-boss like Lord English, but the god-boss himself was sort of without character, it was more like an elemental force. The last enemy with a real identity, however, was some other kid much like the protagonists (not absolutely sure, haven't played the game) who was trying to side with the monster. That sort of thinking, basically.