Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Snacksmaniac posted:

Cleaning out this room still any interest in
MOTCU
Molar-Skeletor
Gygor
Roboto

DCUC
Plastic Man (no suitcase)

How much for Roboto?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I forgot to mention they're all loose though I should have all the boxes.

Bandit64
Oct 22, 2001
Dinosaur Gum
Hasbrotoyshop has a coupon right now for 25% off + free shipping, FSFAM11. Seems to work on ALMOST all the items (wouldn't apply to the Mighty Muggs Maximum Carnage set). Might come in handy for some of you!

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Snacksmaniac posted:

I forgot to mention they're all loose though I should have all the boxes.

Yeah I don't care much about packaging, what are the prices like? PM me or email me if you'd like.

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!

Bandit64 posted:

Hasbrotoyshop has a coupon right now for 25% off + free shipping, FSFAM11. Seems to work on ALMOST all the items (wouldn't apply to the Mighty Muggs Maximum Carnage set). Might come in handy for some of you!

customizers can stock up on the white/black blank mighty mugs for 3.74 a piece.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Got my first Hot Toys this weekend, buddy of mine had a second War Machine he didn't want. Holy poo poo I hope they do another Mark IV Iron Man because these things are amazing.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Fish Of Doom posted:

Yes, but they are pretty underwhelming compared to the Arkham City figures that DC Direct is putting out. There are a couple two packs that are already out.
I didn't realize DC Direct was still doing Arkham City figures, too - I thought only Mattel was going to be doing them. Have there been comparison photos?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

The Rage posted:

Got my first Hot Toys this weekend, buddy of mine had a second War Machine he didn't want. Holy poo poo I hope they do another Mark IV Iron Man because these things are amazing.

They'll probably be doing something for the Avengers movie. There is rumor of Hot Toys doing Robocop again with their DX line, a new Rocky DX (this makes the most sense since they have Stallone's likeness from Expendables, the first Rocky figures looked dumb) and even a Han Solo DX.

DX is of course the figures with the eyes that move with the head and makes the figures ultra realistic.

I have my Sideshow Shredder statue coming in today, will post pics later of that. And Superman from Hot Toys ships out in a couple weeks. It's going to be an expensive little bit. Predator Classic is out January and the Batman/Joker 89 figures closely after that.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

I found the Golden Age Sandman at Target this morning! Yayyyy!

But for some reason, that's the only Wave 19 toy they had...it was just Wes and like 43 of the Anti-Monitor wave. I just need an Atom, you jerks!

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Xenomrph posted:

I didn't realize DC Direct was still doing Arkham City figures, too - I thought only Mattel was going to be doing them. Have there been comparison photos?

I don't know about comparisons, but the Robin and Joker are better than Mattel's. Mr. Freeze, Croc, Riddler, Hush, Catwoman, and Penguin they showed at NYCC were un-loving-believably beautiful. They may honestly be the best Batman figures ever made. I guess they figured the way to beat Mattel's DC line is to have better sculpts and paint. They're about the same price tag now as well.

http://therealmcast.com/20271/batman-arkham-city-figures-by-dc-direct-debut-at-nycc/

Fish Of Doom fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Nov 9, 2011

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Some pics of the Shredder maquette, enjoy. :)

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That's amazing.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Fish Of Doom posted:

I don't know about comparisons, but the Robin and Joker are better than Mattel's. Mr. Freeze, Croc, Riddler, Hush, Catwoman, and Penguin they showed at NYCC were un-loving-believably beautiful. They may honestly be the best Batman figures ever made. I guess they figured the way to beat Mattel's DC line is to have better sculpts and paint. They're about the same price tag now as well.

http://therealmcast.com/20271/batman-arkham-city-figures-by-dc-direct-debut-at-nycc/

I can't believe how many Batman figures have come out lately, are coming out in the near future, and there still has never been a Clayface III (Preston Payne) figure at any scale. For pete's sake, guys!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Mr.Freeze is like the only good figure out of the bunch, everything else looks totally out of proportion.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Vintersorg posted:

Mr.Freeze is like the only good figure out of the bunch, everything else looks totally out of proportion.
I like the Catwoman one, I'll be grabbing that one for sure.

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008
So I just got into collecting Marvel Universe thanks to my seasonal toy job. I'm picking up pretty much anything I can find because my city's not big on toys so thankfully there's plenty of places that'll have some kind of old stuff. I was wondering what guys to specifically avoid, if there are any.

Right now I think the only one I feel unhappy with is Dr. Doom, and he's Dr. Doom so I don't really much care that his cape is a little heavy.

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.
A ton of pics of NECA's Predator series 4, and the TRU exclusive 2-pack are Here:http://www.figures.com/forums/news/14380-advance-look-predators-series-4-a.html#post57908 and here: http://www.figures.com/forums/news/14392-advance-look-tru-exclusive-predators-2-pack.html

They look like they came out really nice. Sucks you have to get the 2-pack for the masked City Hunter though, he is the one I want the most.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Definitely getting the 2-pack, Boar, and Shaman. Don't care about the unmasked City Hunter.

Just grabbed the NECA 'The Terminator' police station assault T-800 yesterday, too. He's pretty excellent.

I tweeted NECA a week or so ago and asked if they'd be doing a "just hit by a truck" T-800 from the end of the movie before he's turned into an endoskeleton, to which they replied: "possibly, still planning our full lineup for '12"

Xenomrph fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Nov 12, 2011

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.
Yeah, hopefully series 2 does well enough and we can get that T-800, and a Kyle Reese figure.

DJ Turbo Punch
Feb 3, 2006

WAKE UP

Fishylungs posted:

So I just got into collecting Marvel Universe thanks to my seasonal toy job. I'm picking up pretty much anything I can find because my city's not big on toys so thankfully there's plenty of places that'll have some kind of old stuff. I was wondering what guys to specifically avoid, if there are any.

Right now I think the only one I feel unhappy with is Dr. Doom, and he's Dr. Doom so I don't really much care that his cape is a little heavy.

Try to avoid anything that uses this as a base sculpt. Other than that I've more or less loved everything from this line. The quality of articulation and sculpting has been steadily improving and old lovely figures like that Daredevil are getting redos. Even if you dislike something there's a fair chance that they may remake it at a later time, especially if it's a popular character.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

I said I would post this and so now I am.

I am lazy with picture taking and uninspired in displays, sorry (I did try to set it up with a space for the "included" Invisible Kid, but it looked dumb with just an empty spot so I decided against it).

They were easier to pry out of their shells than I expected, only Proty and the ring were really wedged in. Very few complaints here; the only things that bug me are Saturn Girl (I've said it before but I hate the DCUC female body, particularly the drat toothpick arms that feel like I'm gonna snap them in half if I look at them wrong) and Proty is a soft enough material that he'll glue himself to the paint on my mantle if I let him (of course this is an apartment problem, as I found out with my Sideshow Palpatine when I needed a spatula to remove him; Proty I cheated and tore off the sticky part of a post-it note for under his feet).

Ultra Boy and Wildfire both use the standard buck, while the rest all have the smaller "male teen" (ie Beast Boy/Kid Flash) body. Brainiac's body is basically a slimmed down version of Captain Cold's outfit. There's a number of new pieces, but mostly smaller things like boots or belts (besides the heads, obviously). The paint apps are really good, far better than the retail waves, which is good considering the cost and that painted outfits are the only other major difference between a number of these guys. They've also all got Legion rings on their right hands. Proty is a nice addition, although he's just a frozen blob of glossy plastic.

The ring itself is fairly hefty and looks good, and apparently a size 11, but thanks to some broken fingers over the years it doesn't fit past the first knuckle on any but my pinkie (a problem with just about any ring for me, though).

My favorite one is easily Matter-Eater Lad; that chewing face just cracks me up.

Sanschel fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Nov 17, 2011

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3-bv8BfLMo

It arrived today -- it's so beautiful! This box is loving HUGE.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Goddamn that likeness is outstanding.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
That's rather classy, good job.

Anyone else thinking of buying the Figma Robocop?

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008

DJ Turbo Punch posted:

Try to avoid anything that uses this as a base sculpt. Other than that I've more or less loved everything from this line. The quality of articulation and sculpting has been steadily improving and old lovely figures like that Daredevil are getting redos. Even if you dislike something there's a fair chance that they may remake it at a later time, especially if it's a popular character.

From the looks of it though, is that all just the first wave? I was wondering because I was about to pick up the Spider-man/Sentry pack. And hope I could find a Sentry that doesn't have ridiculous lips.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

poo poo. Now I want that Superman.

nemesis_hub
Nov 27, 2006

Ka0 posted:

That's rather classy, good job.

Anyone else thinking of buying the Figma Robocop?

Yeah, I've been wondering if I should get it or settle for the NECA one. I can't seem to find any good reviews though.

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

I have a figma Robocop on the way, I'll post some thoughts when I get it. I've never had a figma before.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Speaking of Figma, I can not wait for this. 2012 can't come fast enough. I've been waiting for a good Metroid figure for...about 15 years.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
That Samus figure looks fantastic, shame it'll probably end up being $50 after all's said and done.

vkeios
May 7, 2007

Well it always could be worse, I can see a $60 figma on their site; but I can't imagine a Samus figure coming with a lot of accessories, which is what seems to drive up the figma prices.

...though I am hoping for a metroid and its own stand to be included.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

vkeios posted:

...though I am hoping for a metroid and its own stand to be included.

You'll have to buy the Zero Suit for the Metroid. Unfortunately that looks like its just a statue.

It would be awesome if the heads were swappable.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

Fish Of Doom posted:

Speaking of Figma, I can not wait for this. 2012 can't come fast enough. I've been waiting for a good Metroid figure for...about 15 years.

we can get a purple gravity suit variant mayhaps... :allears:

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

There's a special at TRU this week: all 3.75" Star Wars, G.I. Joe, Marvel Universe, Thor, Captain America, Iron Man, Spider-Man figures will be buy 2 get 1 free.

Man, Black Friday (week) kills me, I've got a few local deals I save up for and then poo poo like this happens that I want to partake in but I just can't afford to.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

So here's a bizarre and awesome and insanely priced thing:

Hot Toys Samurai Predator

That detailing is crazy :psyduck:

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

That's loving crazy. :stare:

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Sweet jesus that is awesome.

I think I will look for a cheap Predator mask prop kit, and see if I can resculpt it into that, cause holy gently caress that is AWESOME.

Side note, my friend got his Superman in, and I am jealous as hell.

Still paying off the flexpay on mine, so I should have the EXCLUSIVE version a little after christmas :3:

Vaerai Archon
Jan 4, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post
The Mattycollector sale is rather lackluster. They're only shaving off 2 whole dollars for each figure. Some of the available items like Scareglow havn't been seen in awhile so it might be worth getting them. However if an item sells out they havn't updated the available tag with SOLD OUT yet. King Greyskull is sold out but is listed as available, if you try to add him to your cart you'll get an empty message.

Oh and the shipping is nearly 13-15 dollars now for 3 figures so any savings you would have had is negated.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Sweet jesus that is awesome.

I think I will look for a cheap Predator mask prop kit, and see if I can resculpt it into that, cause holy gently caress that is AWESOME.

Side note, my friend got his Superman in, and I am jealous as hell.

Still paying off the flexpay on mine, so I should have the EXCLUSIVE version a little after christmas :3:

What the heck? Did he build those crystals? Or is that from another Superman?
Also I am glad I'm not the only one, the front giant ice crystal doesn't slide in all the way. Spent so long trying to force but was so worried with breaking it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you
15 dollars to ship an action figure? Do they come wrapped in silk, inside a solid gold box?