Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ozmodiar
Sep 25, 2003

Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

rattrap posted:

This one. Sounds like the same one you're using. :hfive: Great case.

:hfive: indeed! I love this case.

Aphal posted:

What's a good case for the iPhone4S that will actually protect it? So far I've seen a few Otterboxes that are super ugly and LifeProof one that looks okay but is $80.

Otterboxes provide the best protection, IMO...but Incipio makes some good cases that would be a close second in my opinion.

http://www.myincipio.com/iPhone-4-4S-Cases-Accessories/iPhone-4-4S-Cases-Accessories.asp

They make A LOT of iPhone cases. I'm sure you'll find SOMETHING that'll suit your needs.

If you're looking for the BARE MINIMUM in protection, I love the Feather case I have on my Nexus S (same case that rattrap mentioned above also).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PITTSBURGH GLUE FORTUNE
Sep 24, 2002

I've been scanning this thread but haven't found anyone having this specific issue, so I'm going to ask. Apologies if this has been addressed.

For about 5 weeks now I have been having an issue with my HTC Evo 4G where it just shuts off with absolutely no user input. The phone could be in use, I might be texting, using the web, it might just be on stand-by, on the charger, off the charger, it doesn't matter. The phone will just shut off. Apart from one instance, this ONLY happens at my house.

If I spend a whole day at home the phone will shut down between 20 and 30 times while I am awake and god knows how many more times during the night.

I've contacted customer care regarding this issue half a dozen times, and been to the local Sprint repair store so many times that I am on a first name basis with the entire staff. They have replaced the phone twice yet the problem persists. I have hard reset the phone half a dozen times, formatted my SD card, tried it with no SD card inserted, had the battery replaced. This will not stop happening. The customer service I have been given has been atrocious, the manager of the store suggested I terminate my contract as a solution to my problem...wtf?

Most recently I called billing and asked to be given a different handset, an early upgrade, or be released from my contract. My call was given to an "escalation manager" who told me to install a graphical benchmarking app (what.) to solve the problem. He told me the issue is not with Sprint as it has persisted across devices and suggested I get the phone replaced with another Evo, or purchase whatever phone I want at retail price.

They have denied me a prorated bill, denied me a change in handset, and have only suggested I eat the $300 early termination fee or purchase a new phone for retail price. This isn't about me being unhappy with my phone, I really like the Evo and have had it for over a year. I just want reliable service on my handset the way it was a month ago.

Can ANYONE suggest a different number to call where the customer service reps will actually listen to my problem and not treat me like a whiney bitch that wants something for free?

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Destro85 posted:

I've been scanning this thread but haven't found anyone having this specific issue, so I'm going to ask. Apologies if this has been addressed.

For about 5 weeks now I have been having an issue with my HTC Evo 4G where it just shuts off with absolutely no user input. The phone could be in use, I might be texting, using the web, it might just be on stand-by, on the charger, off the charger, it doesn't matter. The phone will just shut off. Apart from one instance, this ONLY happens at my house.

If I spend a whole day at home the phone will shut down between 20 and 30 times while I am awake and god knows how many more times during the night.

I've contacted customer care regarding this issue half a dozen times, and been to the local Sprint repair store so many times that I am on a first name basis with the entire staff. They have replaced the phone twice yet the problem persists. I have hard reset the phone half a dozen times, formatted my SD card, tried it with no SD card inserted, had the battery replaced. This will not stop happening. The customer service I have been given has been atrocious, the manager of the store suggested I terminate my contract as a solution to my problem...wtf?

Most recently I called billing and asked to be given a different handset, an early upgrade, or be released from my contract. My call was given to an "escalation manager" who told me to install a graphical benchmarking app (what.) to solve the problem. He told me the issue is not with Sprint as it has persisted across devices and suggested I get the phone replaced with another Evo, or purchase whatever phone I want at retail price.

They have denied me a prorated bill, denied me a change in handset, and have only suggested I eat the $300 early termination fee or purchase a new phone for retail price. This isn't about me being unhappy with my phone, I really like the Evo and have had it for over a year. I just want reliable service on my handset the way it was a month ago.

Can ANYONE suggest a different number to call where the customer service reps will actually listen to my problem and not treat me like a whiney bitch that wants something for free?

Retentions number is right in the op, and unfortunately you probably just wasted your time calling customer service. Always skip ahead.

That being said, if you have had multiple exchanges take it to the tech center again, and demand an exchange for a like model. I have no idea why they wouldnt have offered it after the 2nd exchange. I can tell you right now the options they will see includes the nexus s and EVO 3d, so make them exchange it for one of them.

And maybe take it to a different tech center if possible, telling a customer to just cancel a contract in that situation is just extremely stupid. I would also recommend talking to retentions about a credit in this situation, no guarantees, but if you keep saying "this does not resolve my issue today," usually they have to escalate it.

So yeah, don't panic yet, you are actually in a very fixable situation, you just have talked to the wrong people and to some really stupid people.

PITTSBURGH GLUE FORTUNE
Sep 24, 2002

Duckman2008 posted:

Retentions number is right in the op, and unfortunately you probably just wasted your time calling customer service. Always skip ahead.

That being said, if you have had multiple exchanges take it to the tech center again, and demand an exchange for a like model. I have no idea why they wouldnt have offered it after the 2nd exchange. I can tell you right now the options they will see includes the nexus s and EVO 3d, so make them exchange it for one of them.

And maybe take it to a different tech center if possible, telling a customer to just cancel a contract in that situation is just extremely stupid. I would also recommend talking to retentions about a credit in this situation, no guarantees, but if you keep saying "this does not resolve my issue today," usually they have to escalate it.

So yeah, don't panic yet, you are actually in a very fixable situation, you just have talked to the wrong people and to some really stupid people.

Thank you!
I wasn't sure if this was an issue for retentions or if a different route would be appropriate. I didn't want to call the wrong number unintentionally.

The manager at that store told me that I don't want any of the comparable phones that they can replace my Evo with because they would all be a downgrade. But they wouldn't show me the list, she just read the list to herself and said "nope, no, no, you don't want that, nope, no, not that one." And when I asked to see the list she said she can't show it to me....

They have also told me that its a known issue with Evo phones. Which I can't find any current mention of anywhere on the web, and none of the other people I know that have Evos have any issue with.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Destro85 posted:

Thank you!
I wasn't sure if this was an issue for retentions or if a different route would be appropriate. I didn't want to call the wrong number unintentionally.

The manager at that store told me that I don't want any of the comparable phones that they can replace my Evo with because they would all be a downgrade. But they wouldn't show me the list, she just read the list to herself and said "nope, no, no, you don't want that, nope, no, not that one." And when I asked to see the list she said she can't show it to me....

They have also told me that its a known issue with Evo phones. Which I can't find any current mention of anywhere on the web, and none of the other people I know that have Evos have any issue with.

I don't think the Evo shutting off in of itself is a known issue, the big known issues are the charger port and the phone having internal storage problems.

Sprint reps are partially biased against the Nexus because of the signal problems it had when it came out, which I don't completely blame them on, once you get burned on selling a phone you tend to shy away from it (I wouldn't sell the Nexus for a bit myself). Either the 3D didn't show up or she didn't want to offer it, not sure which.

Go to sprint.com, find a store and go to a non-corporate repair center. They tend to be a bit more flexible than corporate is what i would venture a guess at.

And for general info, retentions (and dan@sprint.com) is there for issues like this. If its paying a bill, a stupid question or first time problem, don't always call them first. But you start hitting a wall or a fussy service rep, hang up and call retentions, or email dan hesse's email (i recommend retentions first). It isn't abusing the system if you have a genuine problem.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
When you've had the handset replaced did they replace the battery too, or use the same one?

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

CharlesM posted:

When you've had the handset replaced did they replace the battery too, or use the same one?

They do not replace the battery. Batteries are not covered under insurance or the repair program, only warranty. So if the battery is under warranty repair centers can order you a replacement, but they can only order the phone OR the battery, not both at once.

If you get a device that needs a different battery, then it comes with one (IE, exchanging an Evo for a Nexus).

PITTSBURGH GLUE FORTUNE
Sep 24, 2002

Duckman2008 posted:

They do not replace the battery. Batteries are not covered under insurance or the repair program, only warranty. So if the battery is under warranty repair centers can order you a replacement, but they can only order the phone OR the battery, not both at once.

If you get a device that needs a different battery, then it comes with one (IE, exchanging an Evo for a Nexus).

That would explain why they were so snippy with me when I asked for a replacement battery. I got one, but they were less than thrilled about it.

brc64
Mar 21, 2008

I wear my sunglasses at night.

Duckman2008 posted:

I don't think the Evo shutting off in of itself is a known issue, the big known issues are the charger port and the phone having internal storage problems.
No, I haven't heard of this particular symptom. Does the phone get really warm before it shuts off? I wonder if it could be overheating. Although that persisting across devices would also be weird. It really sounds like you've got some horribly misbehaving app that you've been reinstalling.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

brc64 posted:

It really sounds like you've got some horribly misbehaving app that you've been reinstalling.
Agreed. My EVO4G hasn't displayed this behavior at all.

PITTSBURGH GLUE FORTUNE
Sep 24, 2002

brc64 posted:

No, I haven't heard of this particular symptom. Does the phone get really warm before it shuts off? I wonder if it could be overheating. Although that persisting across devices would also be weird. It really sounds like you've got some horribly misbehaving app that you've been reinstalling.

No this is not heat related, and it happens with no apps installed at all. I've been running the phone bone stock for a week because the sprint employees keep telling me I have "bad apps" on my phone. I don't even have my email configured on the thing.

I just got off the phone with retentions. Apparently my next step is to get the phone replaced two more times, and then I can get a Nexus or Evo 3d. They can't do anything else unless I want to pay the $100 deductable to get it replaced, which I'd rather not pay at the moment.

I'm going all grandma with this issue, I am documenting when the phone shuts down on a crumpled up piece of paper.

PITTSBURGH GLUE FORTUNE fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Nov 9, 2011

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I asked about the battery because if the contacts were bad it would make a lot of sense for the issue to persist despite replacing the phone itself. What about the battery cover? Do they change that? Just trying to think of anything that would stay the same, you never know...

ddogflex
Sep 19, 2004

blahblahblah

Destro85 posted:

No this is not heat related, and it happens with no apps installed at all. I've been running the phone bone stock for a week because the sprint employees keep telling me I have "bad apps" on my phone. I don't even have my email configured on the thing.

I just got off the phone with retentions. Apparently my next step is to get the phone replaced two more times, and then I can get a Nexus or Evo 3d. They can't do anything else unless I want to pay the $100 deductable to get it replaced, which I'd rather not pay at the moment.

I'm going all grandma with this issue, I am documenting when the phone shuts down on a crumpled up piece of paper.

It's pretty amazing you are having the exact same problems on multiple phones that no one else is seeing... Are you using the same SD card on all of them? Are you using the same battery? Is ANYTHING the same other than your phone number? That being said I had quite a few problems with two EVOs, but nothing as extreme as shutting itself off a dozen times a day.

edit: just saw you got a new battery...

PITTSBURGH GLUE FORTUNE
Sep 24, 2002

ddogflex posted:

It's pretty amazing you are having the exact same problems on multiple phones that no one else is seeing... Are you using the same SD card on all of them? Are you using the same battery? Is ANYTHING the same other than your phone number? That being said I had quite a few problems with two EVOs, but nothing as extreme as shutting itself off a dozen times a day.

edit: just saw you got a new battery...

My SD Card is the same, but I've formatted it and run the phone with no SD card, same issue. The people in this store insist up and down it is a software issue that "HTC is aware of" and people are in the store every day complaining of the same problem. Yet I know half a dozen people with Evos, none of which have the problem and I can't find mention of the issue anywhere on the web.

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
So I got my Galaxy S2 and plugged it in to charge and turned it on and it is just sitting at the "Samsung Galaxy S 2" logo screen. Am I missing something?

Ozmodiar
Sep 25, 2003

Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

Destro85 posted:

My SD Card is the same, but I've formatted it and run the phone with no SD card, same issue. The people in this store insist up and down it is a software issue that "HTC is aware of" and people are in the store every day complaining of the same problem. Yet I know half a dozen people with Evos, none of which have the problem and I can't find mention of the issue anywhere on the web.

People in the store will say whatever they have to say to appease you and get you off their case so they can move on to people they make a commission off of.

The next time they replace your phone, DO NOT put that existing SD card in the new phone. Put a DIFFERENT SD card in, just to see if it makes any difference. Considering the SD card seems to be the ONLY item that is common across every phone, you may as well try eliminating it as a possibility too.

I had my EVO 4G for over a year before I switched to a Nexus S (got it off Craigslist), and not only did I never have any problems like that...but I've never even HEARD of a problem like the one you're having. I followed some of the development pretty closely, and have even talked to some of the TeamWin guys (who got WiMax working on CyanogenMod) about some issues...so I feel like something this major would've caught my attention at some point if it was a "common problem".

Kynetx
Jan 8, 2003

Full of ignorant tribalism. Kinda sad.

err posted:

So I got my Galaxy S2 and plugged it in to charge and turned it on and it is just sitting at the "Samsung Galaxy S 2" logo screen. Am I missing something?

No, that shouldn't be happening. Pull the battery, let it sit for minute and put it back in. Boot the phone before you plug in the charger.

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber
I'm trying to see if I'll save any money switching from an ATT iPhone to Sprint. I'm looking at the $69.99 "Everything Data Plan" minus a 25% employer discount, plus the $10 smartphone fee, for a final total for $62.50.

What kind of taxes and fees should I factor in to this? I already get a 21% discount on ATT, so I'm expecting the difference to come down to a matter of dollars.

err
Apr 11, 2005

Kynetx posted:

No, that shouldn't be happening. Pull the battery, let it sit for minute and put it back in. Boot the phone before you plug in the charger.

edit: Talked to Sprint support, sounds like a defective phone. Kinda sucks as it is in-between an upgrade and especially considering I have SERO. Hopefully the Sprint store employees will understand.

err fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Nov 10, 2011

perhonen
May 7, 2007

Ozmodiar posted:

People in the store will say whatever they have to say to appease you and get you off their case so they can move on to people they make a commission off of.

The next time they replace your phone, DO NOT put that existing SD card in the new phone. Put a DIFFERENT SD card in, just to see if it makes any difference. Considering the SD card seems to be the ONLY item that is common across every phone, you may as well try eliminating it as a possibility too.

I had my EVO 4G for over a year before I switched to a Nexus S (got it off Craigslist), and not only did I never have any problems like that...but I've never even HEARD of a problem like the one you're having. I followed some of the development pretty closely, and have even talked to some of the TeamWin guys (who got WiMax working on CyanogenMod) about some issues...so I feel like something this major would've caught my attention at some point if it was a "common problem".

Another thing to try is using a different USB cable and plug/AC adapter.

ddogflex
Sep 19, 2004

blahblahblah

eddiewalker posted:

I'm trying to see if I'll save any money switching from an ATT iPhone to Sprint. I'm looking at the $69.99 "Everything Data Plan" minus a 25% employer discount, plus the $10 smartphone fee, for a final total for $62.50.

What kind of taxes and fees should I factor in to this? I already get a 21% discount on ATT, so I'm expecting the difference to come down to a matter of dollars.

If its only a couple bucks different I would stick with AT&T honestly. Their 3G is way faster than Sprint's. Unless you have a cap with AT&T and use a ton of data, then I could see switching.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Ozmodiar posted:

To be fair, a good store won't just say that to appease someone. At my store if the SD card continued to not work we would have backed up the SD card and tried reformatting it, and if that didn't work order another. And if that didn't work order a different type of phone.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

ddogflex posted:

If its only a couple bucks different I would stick with AT&T honestly. Their 3G is way faster than Sprint's. Unless you have a cap with AT&T and use a ton of data, then I could see switching.

Or you value call quality, since it is apparently still terrible if you ever drop below 2 bars. It's what kept me off of AT&T.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I'll be damned:

http://www.phonescoop.com/articles/article.php?a=9259

I am now bracing for the inevitable rush of Epic owners who are having problems. And just when the Epic goes on backorder on the exchange inventory :(

io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!
Anyone have any idea what is actually happening to Sprint's unlimited 4G data plans? I can't find anything official, but people are up in arms on the Sprint forums about unlimited 4G data plans being rolled into a 5GB bucket plan for all customers, with no grandfathering. Is this true? Is this possible? I didn't think cellular carriers could make such sweeping changes without giving everyone a way out of their contract? This basically kills the usefulness of my 4G MiFi, as the entire reason I went with Sprint is because I use a lot of mobile data and they were the only ones offering an unlimited package. At $50/GB for overage I might as well just cancel it.

Even stranger, if the forums are to be believed, starting next billing cycle everyone is being automatically switched over and Sprint has sent out post cards to that effect.

edit: http://news.google.com/news/more?hl...ved=0CGMQqgIwBA ugh

OptimusMatrix
Nov 13, 2003

ASK ME ABOUT MUTILATING MY PET TO SUIT MY OWN AESTHETIC PREFERENCES

io_burn posted:

Anyone have any idea what is actually happening to Sprint's unlimited 4G data plans? I can't find anything official, but people are up in arms on the Sprint forums about unlimited 4G data plans being rolled into a 5GB bucket plan for all customers, with no grandfathering. Is this true? Is this possible? I didn't think cellular carriers could make such sweeping changes without giving everyone a way out of their contract? This basically kills the usefulness of my 4G MiFi, as the entire reason I went with Sprint is because I use a lot of mobile data and they were the only ones offering an unlimited package. At $50/GB for overage I might as well just cancel it.

Even stranger, if the forums are to be believed, starting next billing cycle everyone is being automatically switched over and Sprint has sent out post cards to that effect.

edit: http://news.google.com/news/more?hl...ved=0CGMQqgIwBA ugh

That's old news. sucks unfortunately.

io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!

OptimusMatrix posted:

That's old news. sucks unfortunately.

What makes absolutely no sense about it is that Sprint stores are still advertising (and apparently selling) unlimited 4G data plans in my neck of the woods. If you went in and bought one of those you'd just be booted down to a bucket plan on your next billing cycle? Is there any way to get out of this contract now? I'm locked in at $60/mo for service I didn't agree to until 2013. :(

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber

ddogflex posted:

The unlimited data was a big draw, but if it's really that much slower, it might not be worth it I guess. I was also hoping Sprint might work a little in the crowded stadiums where I work, because once the fans show up, my AT&T phone is useless.

rattrap
Mar 25, 2005

io_burn posted:

What makes absolutely no sense about it is that Sprint stores are still advertising (and apparently selling) unlimited 4G data plans in my neck of the woods. If you went in and bought one of those you'd just be booted down to a bucket plan on your next billing cycle? Is there any way to get out of this contract now? I'm locked in at $60/mo for service I didn't agree to until 2013. :(

It doesn't affect phone data plans, which is probably what they're advertising. Just hotspot/tablet/netbook plans.

I would certainly see what you can do about getting out of contract. Worst case if you're in until 2013, you could probably eat an ETF and be better off if you're not going to use it or are scared of major overages - but I'd say hold that for last resort.

letsgoflyers81
Aug 7, 2003

C IS FOR COOKIE!

ddogflex posted:

Any statement like this must be qualified with YMMV. That may be true for you where you live, but not everywhere. Because of my job I carry devices from all four carriers with me and I find AT&T data speeds to be less than pathetic. My iPad 2 3G has better speeds when I tether to my EVO 3D, even on EVDO, vs when I use AT&T's service. That said wherever you live may be the exact opposite.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

io_burn posted:

Yeah, sprint stores aren't supposed to, but some still do, and sprint.com still advertises it which drives me insane. Here's the crux: it should be enough to void your contract. So for better or.worse, you got it while it was around, and now you can cancel out. FYI the service is now $50 a month for 6 gbs, 3g and 4G.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

Duckman2008 posted:

I am now bracing for the inevitable rush of Epic owners who are having problems.
It's gotten some fairly extensive community testing in the drawn out number of leak builds. At this point the only potentially-show stopping issue I'm aware left is a still broken GPS, which appears to be resolved by using the Fascinate's GPS daemon. Whatever guys.

That and whatever data migration issues that will be shaken out of the OTA. But it won't nearly be as bad as the original Froyo update.

io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!

Duckman2008 posted:

Yeah, sprint stores aren't supposed to, but some still do, and sprint.com still advertises it which drives me insane. Here's the crux: it should be enough to void your contract. So for better or.worse, you got it while it was around, and now you can cancel out. FYI the service is now $50 a month for 6 gbs, 3g and 4G.

I guess more than anything else I'm just totally disappointed that there isn't even an option for unlimited 4G anymore. I totally don't mind paying more for it, but I hate the management of a data bucket. The worst part about all this is that there still isn't really any better alternatives to Sprint. I suppose I could cancel my contract and save a bit by just adding tethering to my iPhone, but that'd kill off my AT&T unlimited data which I don't want to do.

I can't believe they're not grandfathering existing subscribers. :(

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

io_burn posted:

I guess more than anything else I'm just totally disappointed that there isn't even an option for unlimited 4G anymore. I totally don't mind paying more for it, but I hate the management of a data bucket. The worst part about all this is that there still isn't really any better alternatives to Sprint. I suppose I could cancel my contract and save a bit by just adding tethering to my iPhone, but that'd kill off my AT&T unlimited data which I don't want to do.

I can't believe they're not grandfathering existing subscribers. :(

Data usage on computers is just a ton more than mobile devices unfortunately. The fact that they are willing to take a hit of gliding contracts shows it likely was slim to none margins.

TheBlackMallard
Apr 24, 2005

"Maybe this whole internet idea wasn't a good idea."
-Tom Green (June 18th 2006, 3:52AM EST)
How far will Sprint usually bump upgrade eligibility? I'm 20 days out right now and I'm thinking about just grabbing a 3D.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

TheBlackMallard posted:

How far will Sprint usually bump upgrade eligibility? I'm 20 days out right now and I'm thinking about just grabbing a 3D.

Two weeks!

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

TheBlackMallard posted:

To elaborate on what the other guy said, upgrades are always on the first, sprint will always bump it up on the 18 the month before. So two Weeks, but its always the 18th.

PITTSBURGH GLUE FORTUNE
Sep 24, 2002

Welp, my replacement EVO came today. I got it home and it started powering down within 20 minutes.

One more replacement and maybe they will let me have something different finally. I am sick to death of the loving run around they have given me.

I found this article regarding the evo3d having a similar issue that is software related and HTC isn't in much of a hurry to fix it.
http://www.goodandevo.net/2011/08/is-your-htc-evo-3d-randomly-shutting-off.html

I guess it's back to the store tomorrow.

err
Apr 11, 2005

I have SERO 500 Premium but live in the boonies. Does my plan allow data roaming for free?

err fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Nov 11, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

err posted:

I have SERO 500 Premium but live in the boonies. Does my plan allow data roaming for free?

Yes and no. There is a soft cap of 300 megs, don't go over that. And if you use more than 50% roaming consistently sprint will void your service. So don't do that either. May I suggest WiFi?