Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alfredthehobo
Apr 1, 2004
I'm sorry for being fat and stupid. Padams took pity on me.
Got word from my old company that my patent application was sent to the USPTO. I also found out that I will be hired as a full time research scientist at my current company when my contract is up at the end of the month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!
Among the males in my PE class, I can do the most crunches in 2 minutes. It's minor, but I still feel proud about it.

CombatBonta-kun
Sep 22, 2003
Ehhhh?
Worked my rear end off to finish my section of a project that was due back in August (wasn't even working for the company at that time). Got an email from my boss this morning saying I did a great job and even though I've only been with the company for a month, I'm getting a raise.

CombatBonta-kun has a new favorite as of 14:45 on Nov 4, 2011

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
The downpour stopped long enough for my ride into work, and stayed off until I was able to cover my motorcycle. That's the sign of a good day to come. :D

Mortley
Jan 18, 2005

aux tep unt rep uni ovi
Morning sex, cancelled afternoon obligations, and excellent cold tea

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Today I stayed up until 5 AM, then skipped class and slept until noon. Also, my third class of the day is cancelled.

Caramaline
Aug 4, 2006

Takin' a dirt nap with baby Jesus
It's Friday, and my only plans are a bottle of wine and starting some online christmas shopping. I have been way too busy lately.

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

I finally got a haircut I've been needing for a year. I look like Sinead O'Connor, but at least my bangs aren't attacking my eyeballs anymore.

Ebany
Sep 23, 2003

I've got an awesome new house to move to, which is huge, and I'm moving in with an awesome housemate! I'll be a 10 minute cycle from work and back in the town I love :)

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Today has been amazing for a few reasons. Firstly, it's me and my girlfriends one month (hopefully with many more to come), NC State (the college I attend) beat UNC(our rivals) for the fifth year in a row in football, and I have spent the entire day kicking back and relaxing and having a wonderful time.

combee
Nov 17, 2007

it's the combee's knees!

combee has a new favorite as of 13:45 on Jul 23, 2013

Mag-Lored
May 2, 2011
I bought some articles of clothing online from a company I've bought from for years now and when they arrived, I found they were all too loose on me. I was pissed that their quality had succumbed to the vanity-sizing and/or cheap materials to lower the cost of production thing that a lot of companies are doing lately.

I packed the things up and mailed them for return today, vowing never to buy from that company again, but before I sealed the package I thought to pull out my measuring tape. The reason the garments were too large for me is because I've lost 2-4" from all of the various places around my body on which they are meant to fit snugly, not because the brand has gone to hell. Seems my new job after prolonged unemployment is doing me a world of good!

I've reordered in a smaller size and look forward to receiving my spanking new clothes very soon.

Psychobabble!
Jun 22, 2010

Observing this filth unsettles me
Today I won(through a FB contest) what I am pretty sure is a rare copy of Mark Danielewski's book The Fifty Year Sword, which is extremely rare on it's own and retails for at least 700 dollars online. Holy poo poo. Holy poo poo. Holy poo poo.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I turned on Spotify, and holy poo poo, the front page of new releases had the deluxe box set of the Smile Sessions by The Beach Boys. Day made.

Budget Bears
Feb 7, 2011

I had never seen anyone make sweet love to a banjo like this before.
The dude I went out with last week turned out to be a jerkasaurus rex, but I guess when God closes a door he opens a window, because last night I met up with this dude who I met really briefly at a party. We've been texting all day for the last two days, making each other laugh, and he is super loving awesome and he thinks I am super loving awesome. Last night we finally hung out one on one and it was, dare I say it, super loving awesome. Also he looks like Bob Dylan.

Plus: I'm leaving for a trip to Portland today! No school or work for four days; just cozy weather and some awesome relatives that I haven't seen in about 12 years.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
Yesterday, but we went to dinner with a few local friends, and because we now live in an awesome 'hood, it was a 5 minute walk to the restaurant. Made us both realize how loving great it is living there, and how glad we are that we left our old, really terrible neighborhood. Just one of those big rear end sigh of relief moments. Made my week.

Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009
I have a date on Friday. Two, actually, though the first is just a friend date. The guy I was dating at the end of the summer and I stopped being involved but we are good friends and we're having dinner. Then he is taking me to an as yet unnamed bar to meet a friend of his -- a friend that is apparently quite interested in me. From there my friend is going to leave us be and let us decide what we want to make of each other. I've never actually been on a blind date so this will be fun (or awkward or a total disaster -- whatever, it'll be interesting.)

I'm amused at how much work my friend has put into this. And it's awesome to find out that after the fun we had actually dating doesn't end just because we're no longer intimate.

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I kissed her last night.

My friend of 8 years. I realized I had feelings for her this time last year. I was a total dork about it and asked her if I could. It was really awesome.

the good part is that if it turns out it was a one time thing. I'm positive that this wont ruin the friendship.

iSheep has a new favorite as of 19:15 on Nov 9, 2011

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
My girlfriend surprised me in my Chemistry class today. It made that class infinitely better.

a flamboyant bogan
Jun 27, 2008

What does a man do, Walter?
I finished first year uni. So stoked.

Going to have beers at the pub with a bunch of mates I haven't seen in ages. Should be good. Then I'm off to the beach for the weekend!

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.
I found out I get a free vacation to Cancun in February (AGAIN!) at an all-expenses paid adults only resort courtesy of my boyfriend's job!

:toot:

Livin' the dream. Already have my passport ready from the trip last year!

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

I loving love my job. I get responsibility, freedom to do things how I want to do them, freedom to decide what I want to do, a couple of people to tell what to do, I get consulted before decisions are made, my opinions are valued and I am listened to, but most of all the people I work with are great. Honestly, I could be paid minimum wage and I'd be happy here.

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

I started a new job today after 11 months of unemployment!

Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009
My lunch was bought for me today as a thank you for showing a co-worker how to turn repeat off on his iphone. It was an awesome sandwich, hot and spicy and toasty and mmmmm... Now I get to spend my lunch hour wandering around in the beautiful fall weather, perhaps I'll have a cookie!

Death by Cranes
May 3, 2006

These Blockbuster bombs don't go off unless you hit them ju-u-u-u-st right.
My friend is finally getting out from the closed-off ward after some weeks there, and even bought a brand new drum kit to celebrate! It's music making time now!

skip.
Nov 26, 2007

I've finished my degree! (Assuming I don't fail anything.)

dispute2.0
Apr 5, 2009
The company that I own won environmental business of the year at the local small business awards.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

A cute/cool girl asked me out over the internets. :3:

Internet Cliche
Oct 18, 2004
Ninja Robot Pirate Zombie
Found a street sign with my last name on it in another town.

I have a fairly uncommon last name, so that's the first one I've ever seen.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Skyrim comes out today!

Yeet
Nov 18, 2005

- WE.IGE -

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Me too yeahhh :buddy:!

Well it was through texts after the internets. But still!

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Sup "got asked out by a girl" buddy.

Nick Papagiorgio
Oct 4, 2011
I won Red Wings tickets for Friday's game against the Oilers. I was psyched to watch it anyway because of Hall and RNH, and now I get to see it in person!

Kidney Stone
Dec 28, 2008

The worst pain ever!
Got my company registered - so now I'm in line for cheap mobile phones, no tax on shopping, and hopefully a wee bit more monthly income (started the company so it's running next to my fulltime job).

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
3 day weekend! Get inebriated and play video games!

Alternative pants
Nov 2, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

I'm starting a new job after two months of being unemployed. I know there're goons who've been out longer, but drat it feels good to be financially independent again.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Skyrim came out, AND my girlfriend was watching me play it and is now looking forward to when I continue playing. I think I officially have the best girlfriend in the history of history.

And now she's leaning on my shoulder because she saw me type this. :3:

Caramaline
Aug 4, 2006

Takin' a dirt nap with baby Jesus

Nick Papagiorgio posted:

I won Red Wings tickets for Friday's game against the Oilers. I was psyched to watch it anyway because of Hall and RNH, and now I get to see it in person!

My day will be awesome if Edmonton wins this game because then I will win $100. Don't let me down Nuge.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Canceled all plans for this weekend because, that's why. May not even pick up my phone if it's not life or death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silent Bobble
Apr 14, 2007

Where do you get these wonderful toys?
I got a job today! It's been about two and a half years. The pay is awful, but it's something!