Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Disproportionation
Feb 20, 2011

Oh god it's the Clone Saga all over again.

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

How old is Hussie, anyway? I'm guessing mid to late 20's, judging by John's taste in movies and snacks--his childhood favorites seem more like someone who was born in 1986 (like me) than 1996. The other three kids don't really seem to have as much interest in media that exists in our world (the one that you and I and Hussie live in). Rose's knockoff Lovecraft, Dave's Smuppets, and Jade's Squiddles are all Hussie's creations, but John's movies exist so I'm assuming Hussie has given John some of his actual favorites. I mean, do kids even eat Gushers anymore? They were the poo poo in the early 90s, but John wouldn't hit prime childhood snack age until the early 2000s.

He's in his early 30s I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Yeah he's 32.

Also he does occasionally go back and change things, but only very rarely. Aside from the Bolin fiasco, I think the only time he's done it in Homestuck was this page: http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=002858

He edited it during the Intermission (right after Slick got stabbed through the eye) to add the scar over the Queen's eye.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Regy Rusty posted:

Yeah he's 32.

Huh. Close enough, I guess. That means he was 14 when Gushers came out, though.

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!

Huh. Close enough, I guess. That means he was 14 when Gushers came out, though.

I'm 30 and I loving love Gushers. They know no age bound.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

gowb posted:

That's true, I guess. When I said SKIM, I mean SKIM, though! I didn't NOT read the chatlogs. I read every single one. I simply skimmed for the important parts. I caught everything that was possible to catch, and still would not have picked up the parts that Hussie summarizes in his blog. I believe it would be impossible to - at least, I would significantly doubt anyone who said they picked up the whole story before seeing it summarized by the author, and I think that qualifies as poor storytelling.

You definitely did not. I guarantee you didn't catch that Betty Crocker AKA The Condesce sent Dave the Miracles music video which he in turn sent to Gamzee.

There is a lot of subtle detail in this comic. Most of it unessential, but there are layers.

Cavatica
Nov 2, 2010

Waffnuffly posted:

Yeah, skimming won't net you most of the details - let alone all the subtler things that you come to appreciate if you reread everything. I've read the entire story at least three or so times now and I'm still picking up new bits and pieces of subtlety whenever I go back through a section I haven't read in a long time.

Nthing this. I started and finished my third reread during the Cascade wait. In that time I found hidden Snoop Dogg and ICP pictures, realized that John reeeeeally hates it when Dave misspells McConaughey, and an embarrassing amount of Peter Pan references.

Level Slide posted:

Dave's hair looks like a bird.

D'oh!

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Gally posted:

I'm 30 and I loving love Gushers. They know no age bound.

Gushers are gross gummy poo poo that adhere to your teeth like glue and their juice is a slick grease that tastes no different from the gummy part, so the only thing it contributes is an unpleasant cold texture like you're chewing on a slug and its innards burst open.

If you want to go for a classic General Mills/Betty Crocker kid snack you really can't go wrong with Fruit Roll-Ups. Those things own.

Fagtastic
Apr 9, 2009

I may have sucked robodick, fucked a robot in the exhaust, been fucked by robots & enjoy it to the exclusion of human partners; at least I'm not a goddamn :roboluv:
Fruit rollups are made by betty crocker?

THE HEINOUS BATTERWITCH HAS HER GNARLED CLAWS IN EVERYTHING.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Mr. Pumroy posted:

Gushers are gross gummy poo poo that adhere to your teeth like glue and their juice is a slick grease that tastes no different from the gummy part, so the only thing it contributes is an unpleasant cold texture like you're chewing on a slug and its innards burst open.

If you want to go for a classic General Mills/Betty Crocker kid snack you really can't go wrong with Fruit Roll-Ups. Those things own.

What. What is this nonsense. Fruit Roll-ups stuck to your teeth like nothing else. They'd also lure you in with these push-out shapes that'd never come out right anyways.

Fruit-By-The-Foot was where it's at.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
You ignorant fools. Shark Bites! What flavor were those white ones supposed to be, anyway?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
LET ME TELL YOU MY OPINIONS W/R/T THE OPTIMAL HFCS DELIVERY VECTOR

JingleJunction
Jul 24, 2011

It was me!

Level Slide posted:

Dave's hair looks like a bird.

Yeah?

Oxyclean posted:

Fruit-By-The-Foot was where it's at.

gently caress yeah. These didn't really have the sticky problem as much as the fruit rollups (okay) or gushers (gross) did. Plus they were the most fun to eat by far.

Edit: Shark bites are also gross by virtue of the fact that all opaque fruit snacks are nasty.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Seoinin posted:

LET ME TELL YOU MY OPINIONS W/R/T THE OPTIMAL HFCS DELIVERY VECTOR

Whoa there, I think you will find that if you read the box covers of these fine snacks you will realize that they are made with real fruit. Honestly we should be feeding them to kids basically all the time.

You ignorant fools. Shark Bites! What flavor were those white ones supposed to be, anyway?

They taste exactly like great white sharks. It's why shark fin soup is such a delicacy in Asia. Like a big bowl of fruity sugary candy.

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010

Regy Rusty posted:

Yeah he's 32.

Also he does occasionally go back and change things, but only very rarely. Aside from the Bolin fiasco, I think the only time he's done it in Homestuck was this page: http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=002858

He edited it during the Intermission (right after Slick got stabbed through the eye) to add the scar over the Queen's eye.

There were a few other pages he changed too. One that immediately comes to mind is this page, Jade wasn't wearing her Bec shirt originally for that.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Mr. Pumroy posted:

Whoa there, I think you will find that if you read the box covers of these fine snacks you will realize that they are made with real fruit. Honestly we should be feeding them to kids basically all the time.
I'm just jealous because I was that kid with the crunchy granola parents. Do you have any idea how weak my lunchtime bartering position was, all with a little baggie of unfrosted mini shredded wheats and an apple? Like walking into the NYSE with a sock full of nickels.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?

JingleJunction posted:

Yeah?

Whoa very nice.

Gushers are awesome at first for the novelty value, but they get old quick. Those gummy shark snacks are delicious forever however and I would eat nothing but them if I wouldn't die.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?

Seoinin posted:

I'm just jealous because I was that kid with the crunchy granola parents. Do you have any idea how weak my lunchtime bartering position was, all with a little baggie of unfrosted mini shredded wheats and an apple? Like walking into the NYSE with a sock full of nickels.

I dunno, Sockfullofnickelskind would make a great strife specibus

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."

Fagtastic posted:

Fruit rollups are made by betty crocker?

THE HEINOUS BATTERWITCH HAS HER GNARLED CLAWS IN EVERYTHING.

I am completely and unabashedly in love with the term "Batterwitch."

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.

They were the most delicious flavor is what they were.

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

Seoinin posted:

Unfrosted shredded wheat? :smith: I'm so sorry.

Also well hey, what do you know it's nearly the 11th! I'm on the edge of my goddamn seat yet again waiting to see what happens next. It's been a while.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

So. We're rapidly approaching the 11th here.

I hope we start things off with a conversation. We haven't gotten one for a bit now, after all.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

I think it'd be pretty sweet if there was a short little interlude where we see Lord English just go through time and gently caress poo poo up. Would solve the whole "he's not fleshed out enough" complaint some people have.

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010

Bobulus posted:

So. We're rapidly approaching the 11th here.

I hope we start things off with a conversation. We haven't gotten one for a bit now, after all.

It actually is the 11th in Andrew's timezone, now.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
I don't get why skyrim and this updating have to happen at the same time

MODS CURE JOKES
Nov 11, 2009

OFFICIAL SAS 90s REMEMBERER
Today's the day we get back to business :allears:

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

Talorat posted:

I don't get why skyrim and this updating have to happen at the same time

11/11/11 is just a really popular date. It's like a super-palindrome or something.

I think the beginning of Act 6 will show the Scratched universe and also maybe Lord English doing something evil.

OurLivesOnline
Nov 5, 2009

let's be friends

Well Manicured Man posted:

11/11/11 is just a really popular date. It's like a super-palindrome or something.

I think the beginning of Act 6 will show the Scratched universe and also maybe Lord English doing something evil.

==> Lord English: Kick J's good dog, best friend

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Well Manicured Man posted:

I'm kind of expecting (hoping for) a walk around flash. Acts 2 and 4 started with one so obviously all even acts will. It would be a neat way to introduce the post scratch versions of the kids/guardians if that's what Act 6 is gonna start with.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

While waiting for the 11th to get here, I reread Problem Sleuth. It's still awesome, and got going a lot faster than I remembered. Good times.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I'm wagering we start with an introduction to J and spend a week or two on new kids before we even see those douchebags from the OLD acts again.

I mean, how long was Jade falling for?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

VJeff posted:

I'm wagering we start with an introduction to J and spend a week or two on new kids before we even see those douchebags from the OLD acts again.

I mean, how long was Jade falling for?

I'm kind of expecting a post-scratch world intro, but not starting with J. Probably Nanna and then sort of slowly pulling the other guardian-kids into it, ending with J. Which would mirror Jade's long-teased introduction. But much more condensed.

Mom and Nanna and Bro and J/Grampa are all going to have actual names now, though. :psyduck:

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Kelp Plankton posted:

Mom and Nanna and Bro and J/Grampa are all going to have actual names now, though. :psyduck:

Their names will all be one letter long.

11/11

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Kelp Plankton posted:

I'm kind of expecting a post-scratch world intro, but not starting with J. Probably Nanna and then sort of slowly pulling the other guardian-kids into it, ending with J. Which would mirror Jade's long-teased introduction. But much more condensed.

I'm guessing they're now going to be Daughter, Grand-Daughter, Little Bro, and Grandson, respectively.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Kelp Plankton posted:

Names? Forget that, the weirdest thing will be them speaking. Like, with lines and stuff!

Just imagine... Bro... saying something.

I sure can't.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Kelp Plankton posted:

I bet it will be something like "Anna," "Broderick," "Jake," though I can't think up a good one for Mom Lalonde

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Well, if we're "introduced" to all these hypothetical Guardian-Kids before their thirteenth birthday, they won't be named yet. Problem solved!

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Eiba posted:

Names? Forget that, the weirdest thing will be them speaking. Like, with lines and stuff!

Just imagine... Bro... saying something.

I sure can't.

Everyone else will talk like normal, but Bro knows that talking just isn't cool anymore.

Armadillos!
Mar 28, 2010

I'm a swimming cat. Have you heard of a candy that gives courage and strength to weaklings? No? I see. But you're a strong goon, so I doubt you would need any.

Ammat The Ankh posted:

I bet it will be something like "Anna," "Broderick," "Jake," though I can't think up a good one for Mom Lalonde

Mary Lalonde?
Ella Lalonde?
Jade Lalonde? ( Just to gently caress with your head )
Lila Lalonde?

I could go on. and on. and on.

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010
If it does start with them, it'd be pretty cool if he opened the suggestion box again temporarily for names, like he did with Hivebent. The MSPA forums would probably crash hard, but that's nothing new.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Armadillos! posted:

Lila Lalonde?

This is the sort of name a child is given by parents who think they're being clever, but in truth secretly hate their kids. So there's probably about an 80% chances this is what it will actually end up being.

edit: because in the brutal, post-Scratch society, ironic maternal conflicts are much more grim :smith:

Thundarr fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Nov 11, 2011