Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
There's a copy of "GAME GRL" on her desk.

E:f,b

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
Once again your avatar matches your post perfectly

Edit: Referring to Karkat avatar guy on the last page, drat this thread moves too fast.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
I wonder if this new universe's Rose/Dave will be genderswapped like it seems John/Jade has been? Does that mean we'll get a sword-wiedling cool chick? Ross?

Also, Jane's shirt is amazing and I want one.

Also, if we're going by past events, the humanoid pressing the "==> to continue" button is probably their an exile from this new universe's post-sburb future. Heeeeey! This world has only just been introduced and already it's possibly doomed! Awesome.

Roger Explosion fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Nov 11, 2011

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."

Roger Explosion posted:

I wonder if this new universe's Rose/Dave will be genderswapped like it seems John/Jade has been? Does that mean we'll get a sword-wiedling cool chick? Ross?

Also, Jane's shirt is amazing and I want one.

They aren't genderswapped they're guardianswapped. :)

Nanna/John
Mom/Rose
Bro/Dave
Gramps/Jade

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Cheeseball IV posted:

Nanna/John
Mom/Rose
Bro/Dave
Gramps/Jade
Oh that's right. I wonder what "Mom" is like as a 16 year old girl? Probably trouble. :v:

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

Cheeseball IV posted:

Nanna/John
Mom/Rose
Bro/Dave
Gramps/Jade

Yup. Presumably they will be switching around their own guardians a fair bit. I suspect we'll see the kids as some of their guardians bar one, who will be inevitably dead already (guessing John). Though maybe not!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Roger Explosion posted:

Oh that's right. I wonder what "Mom" is like as a 16 year old girl? Probably trouble. :v:

The real reason that these kids are older is because a 13 year old on the bottle was a little much, even for Hussie. :v:

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
Side note: Does the letter on the ground confirm that the scratched session still exists, and is accounted for, within paradox space? I was previously under the impression that the scratched session would exist in it's own sphere isolated from the previous session (barring the kid's inevitable intrusion into it) but that letter seems to indicated that the scratched session not only exists in the same timeline as the kid's session, but ALWAYS existed and was necessary for that timeline.

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010
You know, I just noticed...

Act 6 posted:

It is so elite in fact, you are the only of your kind invited to playtest!

In the case of your CHERISHED MULTIGLOBAL EMPIRE, both such events are slated to happen today.

Those who said that the post scratch world would be more vicious like the Troll's post scratch might be right.

dumb brunette
Mar 17, 2009

I admire man's ability to see beauty in everything! Even a flame!
The real reason they're 15 and a half is because 4/13/09 was roughly 2 and a half years ago.

Oh my god I am so excited I can't even contain it. NANNA :neckbeard:

EDIT: Oh my god, is that GAME GRL on her desk.

dumb brunette fucked around with this message at 10:53 on Nov 11, 2011

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
I think I can already tell how the post-scratch session is poised to win their game more effectively than the pre-scratch session. They all have good connections, which gives them the power to start off on a much better foot.

We can already tell, Jane is the heir to the Betty Crocker throne. She has enough at her disposal to build Liv Tyler in her spare time, and she can throw all she has at this.

Mom Lalonde evidently has the kind of ridiculous scientry to just have a fourth wall lying around the house.

Bro Strider's family will clearly have a lot of money from the profits of Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff: THE MOIVE. So he probably has some dangerous gear lying around.

Who knows about Hass Harley, though.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Jane's teddy is dressed up in a purple wizard outfit that looks like Derse clothing, I wonder if the planets the dreamers are on have switched too?

EDIT: Ahg, time shenanigans again, if this session is occurring in the past of the kid's session, how does SWAJ already exist. Dave only got the idea from Terezi.

Legislacerator
Dec 26, 2006

1 W1LL H4V3 ORD3R 1N TH1S RUMPUSBLOCK!
Re: Game GRL

Mom is a Strider, perhaps????

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

OH MY GOD. GENDERSWAPPED KIDS. OH MY GOD I CANT CONTAIN MYSELF. What will the shipping grids look like now?!?!

Fagtastic
Apr 9, 2009

I may have sucked robodick, fucked a robot in the exhaust, been fucked by robots & enjoy it to the exclusion of human partners; at least I'm not a goddamn :roboluv:
I'm betting new universe Betty Crocker is none other than the selfsame troll condesce as the batterwitch who raised nanna on prescratch earth.

Consider:
She was never originally part of the universe, and wouldn't have a rescratched version of herself.

She disappeared from earth long before the scratch. Presumably to enter the scratched universe to play the same role all over again.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Legislacerator posted:

(We finally get to know what the guardian's names are. Yesssss.)

I can't decide whether I'd prefer for Bro to be named Chad or Goku.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Boneless Jogger posted:

You know, I just noticed...

Those who said that the post scratch world would be more vicious like the Troll's post scratch might be right.

Jane seems to think the empire is pretty fuckin' aces, so it's possible it's not necessarily a bad, vicious empire.

Having said that, I wouldn't exactly put more money on that than Jane just being sorta sheltered.

Legislacerator
Dec 26, 2006

1 W1LL H4V3 ORD3R 1N TH1S RUMPUSBLOCK!

Supercar Gautier posted:

I can't decide whether I'd prefer for Bro to be named Chad or Goku.

I am praying that it is Chad. Or Brad. Or something equally douchey.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Interesting thing to note.
Act 5:2 started with the song Homestuck: http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=004526
Act 6 starts with the song Homestuck Anthem: http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=006013
Homestuck and Homestuck Anthem are the bookends for Volume 5 and the bookends for Act 5:2.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

I wonder if the USS Harley will be entering through that fourth wall in Mom's lab.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Im freaking out. Im literally rolling in my bed just loving up the covers. Just rolling and rolling and rolling and they used to be tucked but now theyre hosed. The covers are a mess, like a horde of herons came in looking for pots and pans in my bed. I just cant stand it. Im sitting here, gigglesqueeing and tweeting my futureships. Genderswap kids? Oh My loving God

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Kelp Plankton posted:

Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff as successful franchise with a live action movie is amazing though.
Well, it would be the logical conclusion of alt-Dave being a Guardian.

A bunch of callbacks to [S] ACT 5 ACT 2 in there. The use of "Homestuck Anthem" as a remix of "Homestuck", the opening shots zooming in on John/Jane's house (with the contrasting spring/autumn colours), the ending shot with Jane looking into the sky using the same pose as Karkat at the end of [S] A5A2. Nicely done indeed.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

DaveKap posted:

Interesting thing to note.
Act 5:2 started with the song Homestuck: http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=004526
Act 6 starts with the song Homestuck Anthem: http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=006013
Homestuck and Homestuck Anthem are the bookends for Volume 5 and the bookends for Act 5:2.

I noticed this. It's the small things that get me, really. :)

Cheeseball IV posted:

I wonder if the USS Harley will be entering through that fourth wall in Mom's lab.

I'm wagering J told her to have the fourth wall ready for exactly that purpose.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

They look like poo poo, but I think in this case that's okay.

damn chimera
Jan 31, 2007

EMERGENCY
EMERGENCY
EMERGENCY
Hah, this is the logo on her shirt

http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=4&p=000414

Fagtastic
Apr 9, 2009

I may have sucked robodick, fucked a robot in the exhaust, been fucked by robots & enjoy it to the exclusion of human partners; at least I'm not a goddamn :roboluv:

drat chimera posted:

Hah, this is the logo on her shirt

http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=4&p=000414

Good catch. That also explains the FRIGHTENING FAUNA which are FAKE reference.

Tolth
Mar 16, 2008

PÄDOPHILIE MACHT FREI

Meme Emulator posted:

Im freaking out. Im literally rolling in my bed just loving up the covers. Just rolling and rolling and rolling and they used to be tucked but now theyre hosed. The covers are a mess, like a horde of herons came in looking for pots and pans in my bed. I just cant stand it. Im sitting here, gigglesqueeing and tweeting my futureships. Genderswap kids? Oh My loving God

Same.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Meme Emulator posted:

Not me I'm mad as hell. Mad as all fr*ckin hell.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
You know what is possibly going to be my favourite part about these updates? Is that 2 years ago, we'd look at a situation and wall of text like the one posted today and just think, 'Huh, that's interesting.' Now, however--because we know that everything always ends up being a thing--we're going to be searching through every little detail and comparing it to other potentially circumstantially simultaneous events in a grand effort to predict how this next act will play out.

It's almost as if Andrew had been planning on us reacting like this all along.

HRM UNCANNY.

dumb brunette
Mar 17, 2009

A good poster posted:

They look like poo poo, but I think in this case that's okay.

Is that ... Yep, that's Ben Stiller's weird, sort of gaunt face, all right. Who better to star in this movie? Nobody. That's who.

I am going to bet money dollars (fake ones) on that exile being a troll who is safe and alive on Earth in a post-sburb environment.

dumb brunette fucked around with this message at 11:13 on Nov 11, 2011

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

dumb brunette posted:

Is that ... Yep, that's Ben Stiller's weird, sort of gaunt face, all right. Who better to star in this movie? Nobody. That's who.

I am going to bet money dollars (fake ones) on that being a troll who is save and alive on Earth in a post-sburb environment.

It's another Owen Wilson/Stiller classic, surely. Nothing less for the long awaited moive.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

I thought Nanna would be John's granddaughter, not Jade's. Though I guess they would be ectobiologically related enough to switch. But honestly I don't really get why they would switch.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Insurrectionist posted:

It's another Owen/Stiller classic, surely.

I have no doubt that Snoop Dogg will make an appearance as Geromy

dumb brunette
Mar 17, 2009

Kazy posted:

I thought Nanna would be John's granddaughter, not Jade's. Though I guess they would be ectobiologically related enough to switch. But honestly I don't really get why they would switch.

I'm still not sure what's going on there. Jane doesn't seem like the type to be getting into scrums and whatnot!

Fagtastic
Apr 9, 2009

Kazy posted:

What makes you think she isn't?

sansuki
May 17, 2003

Legislacerator posted:

I am praying that it is Chad. Or Brad. Or something equally douchey.

He will be named Chaz. I have never met a Chaz who wasn't an enormous douche.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Fagtastic posted:

What makes you think she isn't?

For some reason I thought the flash showed the bunny in Jane's room, meaning she was the penpal. But it isn't there in her room now. Guess I am just an idiot :downs:

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

dumb brunette posted:

I am going to bet money dollars (fake ones) on that exile being a troll who is safe and alive on Earth in a post-sburb environment.

It might be one of our trolls, depending on whenwhere they arrive post-scratch in the new world. They could have arrived on post-sburb Earth and have to do time shenanigans to meet up with John and Jade. With two time-gods they certainly can manage such a thing. It would also probably be to their benefit to get the post-scratch swappedfolks to do some stuff to set things up for them later.

Plus Karkat ordering Jane around with ANGRY ALLCAPS would parallel WV nicely.

Sea Lily fucked around with this message at 11:22 on Nov 11, 2011

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010

Kazy posted:

For some reason I thought the flash showed the bunny in Jane's room, meaning she was the penpal. But it isn't there in her room now. Guess I am just an idiot :downs:

It's supposedly Jade's grandson that is the penpal, so most likely grandpa Harley.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Kazy posted:

Well, some of the posters on her walls (the blue guys with moustaches in particular) have got "Happy Birthday!" scrawled on them in green. So I'd guess they're from J, therefore Jane isn't J. So alt-John can easily be Nanna's grandfather.