Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PikaPuff
Mar 6, 2010

STOP POSTING!
So many pages...
these threads move so fast!
Uh the bunny is in harley's house, not nanna/jane's house. Am I wrong here? Why doesn't everyone think the bunny maker is Jane? The bunny was shown in young grampa's House.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(
My guess? Next update is the next introduction. I don't think the fans have the patience to withstand another act that's essentially Act 5 Part 1 again in its purpose and execution.

dumb brunette
Mar 17, 2009

I admire man's ability to see beauty in everything! Even a flame!
I really wonder what sorts of ironic bullshit Dave is going to be tormenting Bro with. Crows everywhere? Ninja displays? Anime posters? Poor Bro probably just wants to perform puppet shows.

PikaPuff
Mar 6, 2010

STOP POSTING!
So many pages...

Paul.Power posted:

Well, it would be the logical conclusion of alt-Dave being a Guardian.

A bunch of callbacks to [S] ACT 5 ACT 2 in there. The use of "Homestuck Anthem" as a remix of "Homestuck", the opening shots zooming in on John/Jane's house (with the contrasting spring/autumn colours), the ending shot with Jane looking into the sky using the same pose as Karkat at the end of [S] A5A2. Nicely done indeed.
It's a call back to http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=001982 too.

Silva
Aug 26, 2003

Time is the fire in which we burn
So how will the scratch session kids' chumhandles work here? Will it still be the gT, tT, tG, and gG format, or will they use something different entirely? Considering all the possible combinations for C G T and A are taken, that wouldn't be likely.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

PikaPuff posted:

Uh the bunny is in harley's house, not nanna/jane's house. Am I wrong here? Why doesn't everyone think the bunny maker is Jane? The bunny was shown in young grampa's House.

Isn't that the bunny dressed up as Problem Sleuth on Jane's bed?

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Plom Bar posted:

My guess? Next update is the next introduction. I don't think the fans have the patience to withstand another act that's essentially Act 5 Part 1 again in its purpose and execution.

if the kids dont show up in a week im going to freak out. I will literally freak the gently caress out and scream my lungs out

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
What body is Harry Anderson's head placed onto on the poster to the right of the "Examine room" panel?

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

The flash animation does imply the green letter and bunny are in Jane's house. There's no establishing shot to change the location.

More than likely that's a letter to Jane, from "J" not one she wrote.

Honestly, now that we know guardian Dave has a movie... well, I'm looking forward to seeing the kids as badass guardians as much as seeing the guardians as kids.

Mr. Moon
Oct 22, 2007
The sky is deep and dark and eternally high...

EvilTaytoMan posted:

It's an old beat up version, but not the robot version shown in the flash. After all, Rose, jade and John all had versions of Liv Tyler in their posession at the same time due to shenanigans, why not the guardiankids?

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Heres the hard core long and short of it: I dont give a gently caress about the genderswapped kids in the postscratched session. If we dont get back on track in a week I will bring down the righteous indignation like the world has never seen. Just show me the kids and lets get a loving Moveon here, people

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Mr. Moon posted:

It's an old beat up version, but not the robot version shown in the flash. After all, Rose, jade and John all had versions of Liv Tyler in their posession at the same time due to shenanigans, why not the guardiankids?

Oh yeah, I just noticed the one dressed up as a wizard is also a bunny.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Meme Emulator posted:

Heres the hard core long and short of it: I dont give a gently caress about the genderswapped kids in the postscratched session. If we dont get back on track in a week I will bring down the righteous indignation like the world has never seen. Just show me the kids and lets get a loving Moveon here, people

Its not genderswapped, its a guardian/kid swap. Jane is Nanna you know like how the troll ancestors were the first players, then scratched and their ancestors became the players and they became the ancestors.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Yeah I might peace out for a bit if this turns into a "HEY REMEMBER THE MAGIC CHEST HAHA GOOD TIMES MAN" thing.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Ohtsam posted:

Its not genderswapped, its a guardian/kid swap. Jane is Nanna you know like how the troll ancestors were the first players, then scratched and their ancestors became the players and they became the ancestors.

What the gently caress ever, regardless, if we spend 4 months crusing around with dipshits i dont care about Im going to be Mad AS Heck

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
In keeping with the trend, Bro will be named Rode or something like that

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Meme Emulator posted:

What the gently caress ever, regardless, if we spend 4 months crusing around with dipshits i dont care about Im going to be Mad AS Heck

Sweet, I'll be Hogan's Heroes.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

EvilTaytoMan posted:

Well, it's not like we're not used to seeing multiple simultaneous devastating deep strikes instances of the same bunny already in this comic. Jane's thirteenth birthday presumably went without mishap.

quote:

It's a call back to http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=001982 too.
Sweet catch!

quote:

The flash animation does imply the green letter and bunny are in Jane's house. There's no establishing shot to change the location.
The handguns kind of imply a change of location, unless you reckon those are Jane's too.

dumb brunette
Mar 17, 2009

I admire man's ability to see beauty in everything! Even a flame!

Meme Emulator posted:

I'm pretty sure Hussie learned his lesson about that back when he did Hivebent but sure. I dropped out of f5ing the gently caress out of Hivebent for a while, up until Make Her Pay happened, so I couldn't blame you for doing the same here.

I just really want to see kid Bro, basically.

PikaPuff
Mar 6, 2010

STOP POSTING!
So many pages...
It shows the town, then Jane playing the piano. Then it shows the town again.

Then it shows dual pistols, a book, and the robo bunny. I believe this part to be showing Grandpa Harley. So I'ms aying he has the book, too.

Then it shows, Rose's forest home/lab, the cats, the 4th wall. Rose's Mom Preview. Then is shows the city, the movie billboard, cal with a sword in a derse outfit. Dave's preview. Then to the island. Then Jane again.

I'm guessing magic outfit bunny is about to be -ify'ed to Rose's mom as a gift.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

dumb brunette posted:

I'm pretty sure Hussie learned his lesson about that back when he did Hivebent but sure. I dropped out of f5ing the gently caress out of Hivebent for a while, up until Make Her Pay happened, so I couldn't blame you for doing the same here.

I just really want to see kid Bro, basically.

I really liked Homestuck up to act 5 but come on. We dont need to cram more characters down our gaping maws. Lets just see dogjade zap in and do some poo poo and maybe the trolls will meet with the kids. Why draw it out

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Yeah, I feel like we've done the introductions twice now and already have more characters than I could care about.

I was hoping that things could be simple and direct for once and we could immediately go on to everyone vs Lord English now that everyone was in the same place and that both universes were out of the picture.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Meme Emulator posted:

Agreed. I'm about to do an acrobatic loving pirouette off the handle.

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

I don't see why everybody is freaking out about the new characters. Because the entire point of the Scratch is that they are NOT new characters, but are new instances of old ones.

I would hardly call Nanna, Mom, Bro, and Grandpa Harley "dipshits [we] dont care about".

KoB
May 1, 2009
I find it amusing that the guardians-turned-kids are still older than our kids.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

bigfatspacko_uk posted:

Agreed. I'm about to do an acrobatic loving pirouette off the handle.
Personally, I'm going shithive maggots over here.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.
So crazy theory

I think the Guardians when originally sent off on meteors in the first session were in fact sent to the scratched session. The guardians all seem to have inside knowledge of the game (with the exception of John's dad)and are exceedingly powerful. However due to the cancerous nature of the session they end up in a situation where they scratch starting universe 1 again.

Essentially its a mobius-double reach around mixed in with groundhog day. This also could also explain the 8 planet screen showed in the lab back in act 3 and both sessions seem to be able to reach other since liv tyler was partially manufactured in the scratched session

ninja edit: They may also just reenter the unscratched universe at some point arbitrarily to perpetuate the loop since I don't think the kids as we know them are in the new session, having left through the 4th wall or still being in the outer ring.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Mostly I'm just worried that there's going to be an auxiliary Doc Scratch for this universe and we're going to have to keep putting up with that shithead.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Yonic Symbolism posted:

Yeah, I feel like we've done the introductions twice now and already have more characters than I could care about.

I was hoping that things could be simple and direct for once and we could immediately go on to everyone vs Lord English now that everyone was in the same place and that both universes were out of the picture.

Exactly how long did you expect this act to be. :raise:

Renaissance Robot posted:

Jane's specific pose also seems to be a callback to Karkat/Vriska falling in hate/love with Egbert/Cage, for some reason. The head tilt and weightless slouch are just the same, I have no idea if it means anything though. Maybe she just really likes clouds??

Yeah, I got the callback to Karkat's pose and everything, but when done like that, it sorta just made Jane look like the type of girl that's easily outfoxed by simple utensils.

Oh hey, a new search page. For some reason, I'm really excited at the idea of a map update.

MJeff fucked around with this message at 11:57 on Nov 11, 2011

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

dumb brunette posted:

I really wonder what sorts of ironic bullshit Dave is going to be tormenting Bro with. Crows everywhere? Ninja displays? Anime posters? Poor Bro probably just wants to perform puppet shows.

Obviously his taunting comes in the form of a stream of terrible (ironically amazing) Bowen Stillson Dogg movies, since obviously Dave is now a successful bigshot director. There's no way anyone else could be responsible for a SBaHJ movie. It just wouldn't hapen.

Paul.Power posted:

Sweet catch!

Jane's specific pose also seems to be a callback to Karkat/Vriska falling in hate/love with Egbert/Cage, for some reason. The head tilt and weightless slouch are just the same, I have no idea if it means anything though. Maybe she just really likes clouds??

Also, is that Dad's oil stained fedora on top of the shelves? Not merely one like it, but actually his? That and the presence of the letter in the shots of J's house implies to me that the kids may have already arrived, since J mentioned some arm twisting involved in getting him to work on the bunny.

[S]Act 6 was pretty great in general though, Homestuck Anthem is one of my favourite tracks in the entire Homestuck discography. Also Alternia for basically being the same kind of theme for a different session, has that one been used anywhere?

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010

Renaissance Robot posted:

A lot of stuff were callbacks to the Act 5 Act 2 intro flash, like opening curtains, or zooming in to Earth, then John/Jane's house. That was just another callback to the end of that flash.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Yonic Symbolism posted:

That's Act 7.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Ohtsam posted:

So crazy theory

I think the Guardians when originally sent off on meteors in the first session were in fact sent to the scratched session. The guardians all seem to have inside knowledge of the game (with the exception of John's dad)and are exceedingly powerful. However due to the cancerous nature of the session they end up in a situation where they scratch starting universe 1 again.

You are right to say that this is crazy, because we totally say Nanna and Grandpa Harley land in Mark Twain's back yard on Earth 1.

PikaPuff
Mar 6, 2010

STOP POSTING!
So many pages...
As much as I hate the idea of not everyone post scratch being human, I'll just make the guess that jade's human, and the other three are troll, white carapace, and black carapace. Or human, troll, carapace, and felt.

And they have prior knowledge because the pre-scratch kids/trolls have been talking to them for years via trollian. They probably tried major conversation at age 13, thinking that was when they'd start. So 2 and a half years of chatting already.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Ohtsam posted:

This also could also explain the 8 planet screen showed in the lab back in act 3

This could also be explained by Jade putting the 4 planets she brought with her along with Skaia into the new session, so that there's 4 post scratch planets, and 4 pre scratch ones.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

I couldn't help myself... whenever I see someone with their mouth gaping open smiling all I can see is this:

FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

I am very powerful, of course.

Dis anyone else see the "element" hints in the flash? I swear I saw the Windy Stuff in Texas, and the Island's clouds looked suspiciously like the ones on LOLAR. Let the rabid element speculation commence!

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

PikaPuff posted:

As much as I hate the idea of not everyone post scratch being human, I'll just make the guess that jade's human, and the other three are troll, white carapace, and black carapace. Or human, troll, carapace, and felt.
Alternatively, Jane thinks she's a troll. After all, if her great-grandmother is the Condesce, then...?

There's probably at least some misdirection in here though, in the same way that Karkat thought he was going to play a game with 5 other friends, rather than 11.

Certainly the Frog Temple looks like it has more than 4 (presumably 8) towers surrounding it: of the three towers we can see, the two side towers look "further back" than the temple itself.

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.
Nobody seems to have mentioned it yet, but the caduceus is sometimes used as the symbol for Ophiuchus, the 13th Zodiac symbol.

SwimmingSpider fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Nov 11, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

who's this caducebag