Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

FewtureMD posted:

Dis anyone else see the "element" hints in the flash? I swear I saw the Windy Stuff in Texas, and the Island's clouds looked suspiciously like the ones on LOLAR. Let the rabid element speculation commence!

I saw them too, and also noticed that the pattern of sunlight on the water near the island resembled the surface of the beat mesa. So if I had to speculate, I'd say

Jane: Something (Heir?) of Light (We see the Sun symbol first for her)
Bro: Something (Knight?) of Breath (Windy clouds in front of the buildings)
J: Something (Wizard?) of Time (Beat mesa-like light, LoHaC suggestive lava)
Mom: Something (Seer?) of Space (only one left if we assume the same elements as the kids)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
gently caress it, let's re-do Acts 1-4 with the guardians. I'm game.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
Was it just me or in the room with the mutant cats and supposedly is the restart Rose counter was the Forth Wall?

Also I believe we'll be getting the introductions done then things will speed up.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I'm sure we're not going to do another long introduction rehash. We'll probably go on long enough to get the characters and new universe situation established and then BAM FOURTH WALL BREAK OH HELLO JOHN AND JADE

I'm kinda surprised that people are surprised by this. Everything about this update has been foreshadowed for months now. There's nothing about this that we didn't know was coming. Wonder where this universe's version of Doc Scratch is hiding!

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

If Jane uses spoonKind, maybe she'll be the Bard of X.

... sorry, sorry.

annatar
Jan 14, 2007
hellol

Paul.Power posted:

If Jane uses spoonKind, maybe she'll be the Bard of X.

... sorry, sorry.

I bet this major rebranding initiative means she has to take tridentKind. These boring businessmen and their multiglobal empires today :argh:

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
John had a poster of Problem Sleuth in his room, one referencing that adventure's early pages. The poster Jane has in exactly the same place is the "Pose as a team. The world is real" from the very end of the same adventure.

Kind of an interesting reference there.

Rooreelooo
Sep 29, 2007

"Ask not what Spiral Mountain can do for you; ask what you can do for Spiral Mountain."
I was wondering if we were ever going to see a 13th troll for the remaining star sign. I wonder what his/her gimmick will be? Obsession with snakes and poisons?

Also that remix sounded a LOT like Growing Up in some places. I kept expecting the instrumental version of How Do i Live to kick in.

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!
Isn't anyone else geeking out over the fact that Jane apparently likes Arrested Development, another great series based on callbacks?

I wonder who the Ophiuchus troll is going to be, a new character entirely?

of bees
Dec 28, 2009
I'm betting that all of the kids will have names that are 11 letters long, with 4 in the first name and 7 in the last. Lalonde and Strider already fit, and Crocker fits too, so I'm thinking J will have a new last name.

Also I can't wait until the kids meet their guardians-as-kids. The antics with all eight of them are bound to be good.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Lupus Rufus posted:

Isn't anyone else geeking out over the fact that Jane apparently likes Arrested Development, another great series based on callbacks?

Actually I don't think she likes Arrested Development. One of the MUSTACHIOED FUNNYMEN she mentioned was Funke. I think in this world...Tobias Funke is a comedian, possibly in the Blue Man group.

Arrested Development and Homestuck are in the same canon. CONFIRMED.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?

Lupus Rufus posted:

I am more happy with SWANSON! :allears:

Cmon', guys. It's really hard not to crack a smile at SBAHJ: "THE MOIVE"
Lighten up. Hopefully this arc will, too.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

I'm incredibly stoked for the return of sylladex gags :allears:

Also, the 'broken' panel of the SBURB logo is on the left side pointing inwards instead of the right pointing outwards this time. I wonder if that means anything or not.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
The chimney's on the other side too, looks like he just did a sprite flip again.

e/ For reference:

Renaissance Robot fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Nov 11, 2011

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Renaissance Robot posted:

The chimney's on the other side too, looks like he just did a sprite flip again.

e/ For reference:

Oh drat that's the Betty Crocker logo on the red one there. Makes sense though.

vvv Jeff?

Mazerunner fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Nov 11, 2011

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I like the nice little touch of having the neighborhood be in full-swing Autumn.

So, what four letter J name will Grandpa Harley get? There can't be that many left? Jake? Joel?

Clean Your Teeth
Jul 10, 2009

Renaissance Robot posted:

also the sprite literally flips during the loading into

Mr. Moon
Oct 22, 2007
The sky is deep and dark and eternally high...

Nate RFB posted:

I like the nice little touch of having the neighborhood be in full-swing Autumn.

So, what four letter J name will Grandpa Harley get? There can't be that many left? Jake? Joel?

Jack.

For maximum confusion.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
Crazy speculation time: the sun is the cue ball; Doc Scratch in this universe is a sentient sun.

He really is an excellent host...

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I am honestly hoping we get some sylladex shenanigans here. I miss those.

e: Is that Mike Nelson as Indiana Jones over on the right there?

senseinobu
Jul 28, 2008

of bees posted:

I'm betting that all of the kids will have names that are 11 letters long, with 4 in the first name and 7 in the last. Lalonde and Strider already fit, and Crocker fits too, so I'm thinking J will have a new last name.

Also I can't wait until the kids meet their guardians-as-kids. The antics with all eight of them are bound to be good.
I think it's going to be J___ Clemens.

senseinobu fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Nov 11, 2011

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

I'm guessing that the Empress is still, somehow, Betty Crocker. Or that trolls are somehow involved in the baking empire, given that Jane's talking about being SURROUNDED BY JOKERS :gonk:

Also 2X3PRONGDAY sounds like a reference to the Empress, assuming she keeps the same weapon that Feferi did.

Evil Mastermind posted:

e: Is that Mike Nelson as Indiana Jones over on the right there?

That's legendary comic, night judge and magician Harry Anderson you better recognize. And he is clearly James Bond in that picture. At least I think it is, by how he holds his gun in that totally dainty way.

Mr. Pumroy fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Nov 11, 2011

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Don't worry guys, we won't have to deal with months of following around new characters. While Jane is in the middle of looking for her arms, Jade will crash through the window, expand to normal size, say "YOU'RE COMING WITH ME" and abscond with our derpy teenage Nana. The course of getting the whole gang together to give them a crash course in how to play SVILL (or whatever SBURB is now) will take about 3 days.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

:byodood: retarded plot speculation please scroll past :byodood:

I'm gonna have to go with James Harley as my guess for Grandpa's name. Given that he's aware of Jade's existence and calls himself her grandson, it's not out of line to suggest that they have the same surname.

Plus, now that she's got all kinds of Green Sun powers on account of being part Becquerel, Jade is qualified to be Earth prime's First Guardian.

H.P. Shivcraft
Mar 17, 2008

STAY UNRULY, YOU HEARTLESS MONSTERS!

Seoinin posted:

Mostly I'm just worried that there's going to be an auxiliary Doc Scratch for this universe and we're going to have to keep putting up with that shithead.

That shot of the sun all whited out looked an awful lot like a cueball, huh.

Blood Nightmaster
Sep 6, 2011

“また遊んであげるわ!”

Rhinoceraptor posted:

Nobody seems to have mentioned it yet, but the caduceus is sometimes used as the symbol for Ophiuchus, the 13th Zodiac symbol.

As funny a twist as that would be, I think you're confusing the Caduceus here with the Rod of Asclepius, or the symbol of the dude who represents the Ophiuchus constellation. The Caduceus on the other hand is mostly associated with Hermes/Mercury (and sometimes medicine, because it looks so drat close to the former). I don't doubt whoever was typing on the console was a troll, though, daedric font and all.

Nate RFB posted:

John? That'd be really confusing!

On that note--as far as J's deal with Liv Tyler goes, who's to say he wasn't just getting all of his information from the pre-scratch kids via the fourth wall breakage? Let's say they bust through into this session and at some point (either directly or indirectly) influence him to make it, whether that be in his past or present or what have you. It's entirely possible he only manufactured the bunny because they told him to.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

...So what's up with that really beat up Dad hat that Jane has?

Silly prediction: The bunny is going to get passed though the ownership of all new four kids again, somehow. That's how it can both be on Jane's bed and also being worked on by young Grandpa.

Also: Is there writing on that little monsters poster? It looks scribbled on.

Bobulus fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Nov 11, 2011

Fagtastic
Apr 9, 2009

I may have sucked robodick, fucked a robot in the exhaust, been fucked by robots & enjoy it to the exclusion of human partners; at least I'm not a goddamn :roboluv:
e: I found it. Huh.

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON

Glory of Arioch posted:

:byodood: retarded plot speculation please scroll past :byodood:

I'm gonna have to go with James Harley as my guess for Grandpa's name. Given that he's aware of Jade's existence and calls himself her grandson, it's not out of line to suggest that they have the same surname.

Plus, now that she's got all kinds of Green Sun powers on account of being part Becquerel, Jade is qualified to be Earth prime's First Guardian.
J won't be named Harley for the same reason John wasn't named Crocker

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

There's definitely something weird going on with that white sun. In addition to looking huge when we see it from space, when we see the little "Homestuck Sun" in the sky at various points in the flash it has a sort of white halo around it.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Nate RFB posted:

gently caress it, let's re-do Acts 1-4 with the guardians. I'm game.

I would be surprisingly okay with this, but as soon as we hit Act 5 Part 2 Redux I am loving outta here.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Oh hey, did anyone notice the Sburb logo only has one box and the screen only had one window? Sorry if it's been pointed out a thousand times, but does that mean there'll only be one player?

Maybe all the reset kids will be in a big bunch.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Gabriel Pope posted:

I would be surprisingly okay with this, but as soon as we hit Act 5 Part 2 Redux I am loving outta here.

I would love it. Month-long waits for universe shattering updates are cool and all, but I'd be pretty happy with daily updates about silly mundane things like sylladex shenanigans and passive aggressive one-upmanship right now.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

It does seem pretty weird that sburb would be a 1-player game in this universe. But perhaps like the trolls were mislead to believe they'd head two different sessions, Jane is being mislead to believe she'll be the only player, while all the other kid ancestors get their hands on the very same copy thanks to Weird Time poo poo.

Or maybe Hussie's going to pull a carpet under our feet and it will turn out that this sburb is just a game.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

YF-23 posted:

It does seem pretty weird that sburb would be a 1-player game in this universe. But perhaps like the trolls were mislead to believe they'd head two different sessions, Jane is being mislead to believe she'll be the only player, while all the other kid ancestors get their hands on the very same copy thanks to Weird Time poo poo.

Or maybe Hussie's going to pull a carpet under our feet and it will turn out that this sburb is just a game.

It says she was the only one of her kind invited to test Sburb and the Crocker business is described as a CHERISHED MULTIGLOBAL EMPIRE so maybe she is just the only human among a sea of aliens who happens to be testing Sburb. All her human friends will either be too cool, ironic, or into fisticuffs to care about videogames.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Blood Nightmaster posted:

On that note--as far as J's deal with Liv Tyler goes, who's to say he wasn't just getting all of his information from the pre-scratch kids via the fourth wall breakage? Let's say they bust through into this session and at some point (either directly or indirectly) influence him to make it, whether that be in his past or present or what have you. It's entirely possible he only manufactured the bunny because they told him to.

That's been a fan theory (and mine too) for some time now. Barring an intentional takeout from Hussie, it looks like that one will actually pan out!

Thundarr fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Nov 11, 2011

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

RickoniX posted:

J won't be named Harley for the same reason John wasn't named Crocker

John isn't named Crocker because Jane Crocker took the last name of her husband when they married. Grandpa was named Harley because he took the mispronounced name of their dog as his last name. Watch there somehow be an explanation why he still gets named Harley.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Mr. Pumroy posted:

It says she was the only one of her kind invited to test Sburb and the Crocker business is described as a CHERISHED MULTIGLOBAL EMPIRE so maybe she is just the only human among a sea of aliens who happens to be testing Sburb. All her human friends will either be too cool, ironic, or into fisticuffs to care about videogames.

I dunno, I don't really think the Earth's now inhabited by both humans and trolls. Besides, Jane only has one disc on her desk instead of a client/server pair.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Enter name posted:

You cannot enter her name!!! It was already engraved in her HONORARY PLACRONYM

Acronym? For what?
John And Nanna Egbert?
:tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

YF-23 posted:

I dunno, I don't really think the Earth's now inhabited by both humans and trolls. Besides, Jane only has one disc on her desk instead of a client/server pair.

She doesn't have the disk yet; it's supposed to come in the mail. That's the respected periodical GAME GRL sitting on her desk.