Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Third Man
Nov 5, 2005

I know how much you like ponies so I got you a ponies avatar bro
My parents always lease a car because my Dad's buddy buddy with some dealer that gives him whatever's been sitting on his lot for a while for like 120 bucks/mo.

And that's the story of how my family had a Chrysler Pacifica for three years :gonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

The Third Man posted:

My parents always lease a car because my Dad's buddy buddy with some dealer that gives him whatever's been sitting on his lot for a while for like 120 bucks/mo.

And that's the story of how my family had a Chrysler Pacifica for three years :gonk:

My parents actually bought one of those, true story.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
So Honda has a body in white program now, and you can buy a new Civic body for only $3,500.

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/11/02/honda-now-offering-body-in-white-civics-with-hpd-racing-componen/

This is much cheaper than the Camaro body from GMPP that costs $7k, how much does Ford charge for the Mustang?

BoostCreep
May 3, 2004

Might I ask where you keep your forced induction accessories?
Grimey Drawer
Two leaked images of the Facelifted 2013 Genesis Coupe, (the first looks to be photoshopped) and two official images "leaked" from Hyundai below those. I think it looks a thousand times better than the outgoing model. Amazing what a new bumper, headlights, and hood vents can do to a car. It is almost reminiscent of the GT-R.

I'll be looking closely at the BRZ/FRS when they come out, but I really like what I see with the GC. Autoblogger also reports rumors of a factory supercharged V6 option, which makes things even more interesting.

BoostCreep fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Nov 10, 2011

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

BoostCreep posted:

Its like they though, ha we have a slightly bigger engine than the Skyline, lets one up their badge:

oRenj9
Aug 3, 2004

Who loves oRenj soda?!?
College Slice

BoostCreep posted:

It is almost reminiscent of the GT-R.

I'll be looking closely at the BRZ/FRS when they come out, but I really like what I see with the GC.

A factory supercharged GC R-Spec for under $30,000 would seal the deal for me. I really like the Mustang a lot, but I feel like the GC handles and looks better, especially with the new facelift. The big thing is that the Mustang offers 412 HP for only about $4-5000 more than a V6 R-spec.

I also really hope they updated that stupid rear end shift knob.

Chupacabra
May 20, 2005

BoostCreep posted:

Two leaked images of the Facelifted 2013 Genesis Coupe, (the first looks to be photoshopped) and two official images "leaked" from Hyundai below those. I think it looks a thousand times better than the outgoing model. Amazing what a new bumper, headlights, and hood vents can do to a car. It is almost reminiscent of the GT-R.

I'll be looking closely at the BRZ/FRS when they come out, but I really like what I see with the GC. Autoblogger also reports rumors of a factory supercharged V6 option, which makes things even more interesting.

Looks good. The front end was always the weakest part of the car, style-wise.

I really hope they add a telescoping steering wheel too. Probably my biggest complaint with the current model.

Franco Caution
Jul 18, 2003

Wicked. Tricksy. False.

BoostCreep posted:

Please please please make it with the SC V6 and let me have it with a stick. I promised Ill buy one.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Do you find the Scion xB just isn't rectangular enough for you? Behold, the Daihatsu CC-Case:

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

MrChips posted:

Do you find the Scion xB just isn't rectangular enough for you? Behold, the Daihatsu CC-Case:

I agree, gently caress the air around me.

Brigdh
Nov 23, 2007

That's not an oil leak. That's the automatic oil change and chassis protection feature.

MrChips posted:

Is that a MP3 player?

Hog Obituary
Jun 11, 2006
start the day right
I thihnk it's a walkman cassette player on top of a mini VCR... ahh magnetic tape, where have you gone?

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

kimbo305 posted:

I agree, gently caress the air around me.

A spiritual successor to my volvo wagon you say?

69sofine
Jan 30, 2007
Im a hott horny asain.
What's with the back windows in the new Genesis?

Openknees
Feb 25, 2007

BoostCreep posted:

Kinda looks like they're going after the FT86/BRZ/FRS with the styling. And the new thing Subie is doing with their badges with the accents on the sides. Not bad things to copy in my book though.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

BoostCreep posted:

Looks like this

Looks a little busy to me from that shot, but I really need to see it in person. Always loved the rear end-end of those cars.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

kylej posted:

Looks like this

So you agree it looks like the best part of the music video.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

69sofine posted:

What's with the back windows in the new Genesis?

I don't think they touched that in the refresh.

antimatt
Sep 12, 2007

ultima ratio regum

kimbo305 posted:

I don't think they touched that in the refresh.

Yeah, it's always had that funky dip after the B-pillar. Kinda threw the whole look of the car off for me.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

antimatt posted:

Yeah, it's always had that funky dip after the B-pillar. Kinda threw the whole look of the car off for me.

Hyundai simply can't help themselves and have to put something wired a bit weird on every car.

It's a pity there isn't a Kia version of the GC, I get the feeling that'd be a really good looking car.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
Ummm, didn't they already? (Concept yes but still)

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/09/13/kia-gt-concept/

BoostCreep
May 3, 2004

Might I ask where you keep your forced induction accessories?
Grimey Drawer

If only this were real.

Guinness
Sep 15, 2004

Replace the Kia badge with an Audi badge and no one would know the difference.

Muffinpox
Sep 7, 2004
Porsche unveiled the most important part of the new 911:

I really want to try that out.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

Muffinpox posted:

Porsche unveiled the most important part of the new 911:

I really want to try that out.

It's been known for awhile now. Autoblog talked about the details of how it will work today. 7th gear is locked out until you engage 5th or 6th, just so you don't accidently go from 4th to 7th.

DogDodger
Nov 19, 2006

Hellcat likes it rough.
Speaking of transmission options, Europeans will soon not be able to get a manual in their S4s and S5s. I doubt the US will be able to hold out for long.

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

BoostCreep posted:

If only this were real.

Its called a VW Scirocco

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

D C posted:

Its called a VW Scirocco

Sorry, those don't really look that similar.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoexpressnews/253462/focus_rs_le_mans_specials.html

quote:

Ford is celebrating its rich history at the Le Mans 24hr race, with five special editions of the Focus RS. Production of the 300bhp hatch is drawing to a close, but these latest releases are here to make sure it doesn't go quietly.

Each of the five models pays hommage to a particular Ford race car that made history at Le Mans. The Focus RS in black with white stripes and gold wheels honours the 1966 GT40 Mk II, the red one with white strips is a nod towards the 1967 GT40 Mark IV, the white car with a blue stripe echoes the 1967 GT40 Mk IIB - the two-tone sky blue and orange the GT40s that dominated Le Mans in the late sixties - and finally the two tone white and blue model mimics the Capri RS 2600 which took the Touring category in 1972.

Inside, each of the five cars get leather and Alcantara-covered Recaro seats, plus a personalized numbered plaque on the dash. Each model is scheduled to make an appearance at the Le Mans Classic in July, where they will be driven on track by invited guests. After that they will go up for sale to the general public - if they're still in one piece that is!

Read more: http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoexpressnews/253462/focus_rs_le_mans_specials.html#ixzz1dT1lPTAn

and

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/09/13/maserati-kubang-frankfurt-2011/

quote:

Nothing else is yet known about the Kubang, but we'd expect it to borrow liberally from the Jeep parts bin, and there have been many indications that it will likely even roll down the same assembly line in Detroit as the Grand Cherokee. In any case, have a good look at the Kubang in all its somewhat funky glory in our high-res gallery of live images, and feel free to peruse the press release after the break.

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

14 INCH DICK TURBO posted:

There's a shitload of Mazda CX-7/9 in that design.

Un-l337-Pork
Sep 9, 2001

Oooh yeah...

2ndclasscitizen posted:

There's a shitload of Mazda CX-7/9 in that design.

Check out my sweet new Mazdarati.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Guinness posted:

Replace the Kia badge with an Audi badge and no one would know the difference.

You realize that Kia stole away one of Audi's key designers and made him their chief of design or something a few years ago right? That's why all of their new cars seem to take inspiration from Audi. Win win for everyone, he gets to be more creative than Audi would ever let him be and Kia actually gets some hot looking vehicles.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

if I owned a Quattroporte or GranTurismo I'd spit on every one of those I saw. I might do it regardless.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...

Un-l337-Pork posted:

Check out my sweet new Mazdarati.

My Mazdarati doesn't do 185

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

Linedance posted:

if I owned a Quattroporte or GranTurismo I'd spit on every one of those I saw. I might do it regardless.

You should be happy this is coming out. Big, stupid, highly profitable SUVs subsidize the production of cool and much less profitable sports cars.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

dissss posted:

Hyundai simply can't help themselves and have to put something a bit weird on every car.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

BoostCreep posted:

Two leaked images of the Facelifted 2013 Genesis Coupe

I see this and I love it. But the interior.... Come on.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh
http://www.autoblog.com/2011/11/14/2013-hyundai-genesis-coupe-to-get-350-hp-v6-275-hp-turbo-four

Looks likr the genesis is getting the sonata 2.0t motor after all, and the v6 is getting a big jump in power to match. If they can keep the same price points (25k CAD for the base 2.0) it will help me forget about the ft-86 for a little while.

Crustashio fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Nov 14, 2011

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Both really nice improvements. But I wonder if people will look past them if they don't have a range-topper that can beat the Stang and or Camaro in sheer hp numbers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

DogDodger posted:

Speaking of transmission options, Europeans will soon not be able to get a manual in their S4s and S5s. I doubt the US will be able to hold out for long.

Don't forget that the last M5 was available with a 6spd manual in the North American market only.

...:psyduck: