Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

creationist believer posted:

She doesn't have the disk yet; it's supposed to come in the mail. That's the respected periodical GAME GRL sitting on her desk.

Oh, right. gently caress I even noticed how it was GAME GRL earlier. Then I guess I somehow forgot and thought it was Sburb. :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
I can't wait to see Jane's Showtime remix. Or Bro's version of Beatdown.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

YF-23 posted:

I dunno, I don't really think the Earth's now inhabited by both humans and trolls.

Well I didn't say that, because it would be silly and sound like something that would come out of a fanfiction of Homestuck. I'm just saying, 1) it says she's the only one of her KIND in the alpha test and 2) Betty Crocker apparently is an interplanetary corporation so there's the possibility that there are offscreen aliens participating in the test. I doubt we'd see anything about those aliens, just like we never learned anything about the aliens the trolls conquered back in their old dead universe.

I'm betting this whole section is going to hit the fast forward button until we get to the parts that advance the overall story rather than get bogged down in the details of what's different about this alternate Earth.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
Haha, I just noticed Jane drew a mustache on Dr. Manhattan. And a :B smiley on the Swanson poster.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Pastrymancy posted:

I can't wait to see Jane's Showtime remix. Or Bro's version of Beatdown.
Maybe we need to find some way to mix Showtime and Nannaquin together.

Mr. Moon
Oct 22, 2007
The sky is deep and dark and eternally high...

A Spider posted:

Acronym? For what?
John And Nanna Egbert?
:tinfoil:

So that gives us Jagh harley, Dabs Strider and Raml Lalonde?

I like it :v:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

A couple of questions for the thread:

-Do you think the Scratched universe contains alternate versions of the original kids that are now acting as guardians to the Scratched kids, or is this like X years after the Scratch took place and the original kids BECAME the guardians? Put more clearly: Is J's grandma Alternate Jade Who Never Left Earth, or Dogtier Jade All Grown Up And Still Omnipotent In Like Three Different Ways?

(e: If John shooshed through Jane's window tomorrow in full God Of Breath gear, would it be 13-year-old John and she'd be all "who's this douchebag" or would it be like 60-year-old John and she'd be all "sigh grandpa's off his meds again, those pajamas always look so weird"?)

-How do you pronounce "moive", is it like "mwah-ve" or is it like "moo-iv"? This is important.

loquacius fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Nov 11, 2011

Idunn
Apr 30, 2011

That's it?
With Jane being named Crocker I don't think the kids are the new guardians. Or, more correctly, I don't think John and Jade are. With SBAHJ The Movie coming out, and all the creepy cats, I think Rose and Dave are present post-scratch but John and Jade aren't, since they went through the fourth wall and escaped being scratched. Of course that begs the question of how Rose and Dave got into the session when they were outside of it in the Furthest Ring, but my guess would be 'shenanigans'.

This would also call back to John and Jade's childhoods quite nicely. Rose and Dave were raised by their proper guardians, while John and Jade were not.

I'm curious about whether or not Rose or Dave remember their past lives though! I hope so.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

loquacius posted:

-Do you think the Scratched universe contains alternate versions of the original kids that are now acting as guardians to the Scratched kids, or is this like X years after the Scratch took place and the original kids BECAME the guardians? Put more clearly: Is J's grandma Alternate Jade Who Never Left Earth, or Dogtier Jade All Grown Up And Still Omnipotent In Like Three Different Ways?

-How do you pronounce "moive", is it like "mwah-ve" or is it like "moo-iv"? This is important.

It's quite possible that anyone who wasn't in the universe at the time of the scratch didn't get put into the scratched universe. I guess dead people who died in the universe get scratched too.

Wait.

WAIT.

Oh gently caress.

Oh gently caress.

If Nanna is still the heiress to Betty Crocker, then it's possible she's still the adopted daughter of Betty Crocker. So is Dad now her Dad? Dad Crocker?

Prygelknabe
Mar 31, 2009

He had a baseball bat, and I was tied to a chair. Pissing him off was the smart thing to do.
Since it looks like Mom-kid is building a Fourth Wall, what do you think the chances are the original kids are gonna burst through it when it's first flipped on?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Idunn posted:

With Jane being named Crocker I don't think the kids are the new guardians. Or, more correctly, I don't think John and Jade are. With SBAHJ The Movie coming out, and all the creepy cats, I think Rose and Dave are present post-scratch but John and Jade aren't, since they went through the fourth wall and escaped being scratched. Of course that begs the question of how Rose and Dave got into the session when they were outside of it in the Furthest Ring, but my guess would be 'shenanigans'.

This would also call back to John and Jade's childhoods quite nicely. Rose and Dave were raised by their proper guardians, while John and Jade were not.

I'm curious about whether or not Rose or Dave remember their past lives though! I hope so.

Well, don't we know for a fact that J's grandma at least is some instance of Jade? He refers to her by name. So either John and Jade BECAME the guardians, or the scratched session made new versions of them.

Cyrai
Sep 12, 2004
Hmm, it looks like Scratch frog temple island's volcano is active. I don't remember seeing the volcano on Jade's island ever having lava in it. I wonder what's up with that

EDIT:

Prygelknabbe posted:

Since it looks like Mom-kid is building a Fourth Wall, what do you think the chances are the original kids are gonna burst through it when it's first flipped on?

I think it's already on. It looks like there's light coming through it

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

loquacius posted:

(e: If John shooshed through Jane's window tomorrow in full God Of Breath gear, would it be 13-year-old John and she'd be all "who's this douchebag" or would it be like 60-year-old John and she'd be all "sigh grandpa's off his meds again, those pajamas always look so weird"?)

It remains to be seen how it will all play out but I expect there now to be two different versions of John/Rose/Dave/Jade, one set being the grown up versions now present and the other set being the ones who escaped.

System Pelican
Sep 14, 2011

Slime posted:

It's quite possible that anyone who wasn't in the universe at the time of the scratch didn't get put into the scratched universe. I guess dead people who died in the universe get scratched too.

Wait.

WAIT.

Oh gently caress.

Oh gently caress.

If Nanna is still the heiress to Betty Crocker, then it's possible she's still the adopted daughter of Betty Crocker. So is Dad now her Dad? Dad Crocker?

I'm guessing this is who we saw holding the beaten up old Sassacre book (possibly the one that went back in time on John's meteor, hinting at the fact that in this universe John is Dad's dad (which again would lead to a pretty strange reunion)). If the kids and guardians arrived on meteors with the artifacts from the lab here as well (explaining the appearance of Cal, Dad's old fedora etc), this would hint at the glitch Scratch mentioned, where everyone was spawned in a different session, and thus pave the way for Lord English.

Other random guesses:

Jane and J live together as brother and sister. I'm basing this on Grandpa Harley's volcano looking pretty active and deserted, how we see items associated with J along with Jane's in the flash, and also as a callback to the way things were in the pre-scratched universe.

The symbol on the troll screen is apparently connected with the 13th zodiac sign. Gonna guess Hussie's gonna build up to the reveal of a 13th troll, only to reveal it being the ones we already know, along the lines of the "Demon = Jack and not Lord English" reveal at the end of Act 5.1. Eagerly awaiting being disproven when this troll chats up the guardian-kids with a brand new chat gimmick, somehow surpassing all the previous ones in sheer annoyingness.

H.P. Shivcraft
Mar 17, 2008

STAY UNRULY, YOU HEARTLESS MONSTERS!

System Pelican posted:

a brand new chat gimmick, somehow surpassing all the previous ones in sheer annoyingness.

All inverted Daedric script, all the time.

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

THESE PACKETS ARE... SUMMARILY DEALT WITH

H.P. Shivcraft posted:

All inverted Daedric script, all the time.

Well, Skyrim did come out today.

Davealicious
May 8, 2007

Didn't see anyone else mention this yet, but I just noticed the smallest of details. the caterpillar thing on Jane's shirt has a D: face on it, whereas John's always had a :D (you can see it on page 1 of Homestuck). Not sure what this means for this universe, but I don't think it's good if even caterpillars aren't happy!

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Davealicious posted:

Didn't see anyone else mention this yet, but I just noticed the smallest of details. the caterpillar thing on Jane's shirt has a D: face on it, whereas John's always had a :D (you can see it on page 1 of Homestuck). Not sure what this means for this universe, but I don't think it's good if even caterpillars aren't happy!

I just have flashbacks to John vs. Dad in Act 1 and picture new Earth as being some kind of aggressively nice pastry-based empire of conquest through baked goods.

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

THESE PACKETS ARE... SUMMARILY DEALT WITH

Davealicious posted:

It's not a Green Ghosty like John's shirt, it's one of the imaginary-realm beasts from Problem Sleuth. This one specifically.

That said, it having a frown instead of a smile could very well be some kind of foreshadowing. I mean... Hussie.

Rooreelooo
Sep 29, 2007

"Ask not what Spiral Mountain can do for you; ask what you can do for Spiral Mountain."
So i can't read daedric writing (go figure), has anybody translated what it says on the troll computer into english?

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

Rooreelooo posted:

So i can't read daedric writing (go figure), has anybody translated what it says on the troll computer into english?

Someone posted earlier in the thread that it was "Press ==> to continue".

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you
I don't care if Hussie does another four acts with the guardians. I will settle down and grab some popcorn, riding this crazy train to the end of the line.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I just noticed the phrase "CHERISHED MULTIGLOBAL EMPIRE".

If it's multiglobal, then it sounds like the empress has brought her spacefaring technology and world-conquering habits with her to the new Earth.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

Davealicious posted:

If what we're actually seeing is the Moon going around the Earth, as opposed to moving past it, it's orbiting in the wrong direction, too.Though, not prepared to call that unless there's a "Sun rising in the west" type confirmation.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

Supercar Gautier posted:

I just noticed the phrase "CHERISHED MULTIGLOBAL EMPIRE".

If it's multiglobal, then it sounds like the empress has brought her spacefaring technology and world-conquering habits with her to the new Earth.

I wonder what prompted her not doing so in the previous session? She supposedly died sometime in the past, but we never did learn how. It's a bit strange, given that she's purportedly immortal at that point.

AceO
Sep 23, 2010

Pierce, I can see you're really upset about this. I think you ought to sit down, take a stress pill, and think things over.

YF-23 posted:

I dunno, I don't really think the Earth's now inhabited by both humans and trolls. Besides, Jane only has one disc on her desk instead of a client/server pair.

quote:

In the case of your CHERISHED MULTIGLOBAL EMPIRE, both such events are slated to happen today.

That and the "only one of your kind" part. We already have sort of a precedent as far as the differences between pre- and post-scratch sessions, from what little we know of the Ancestors' Alternia, but this seems to be sort of a special case.

e;fb

AceO fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Nov 11, 2011

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Zorak posted:

I wonder what prompted her not doing so in the previous session? She supposedly died sometime in the past, but we never did learn how. It's a bit strange, given that she's purportedly immortal at that point.

Probably something along the lines of having to do things a certain way to ensure things would happen the way they did so that she'd get there in the first place. So more ontological poo poo basically, or from our perspective outside the story 'just because'.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Nate RFB posted:

So, what four letter J name will Grandpa Harley get? There can't be that many left? Jake? Joel?

Joey Quinne

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Betty Crocker in this session probably did not have to raise Jane and J. in the same manner as before. For one thing, their meteors would have to land much later since they are currently teenagers in 2011 as opposed to elderly. This means the "timeline" or whatever you want to call it for Betty Crocker is completely different this time around; presumably she received John and Jade as kids and they are now elderly instead. Thus, Betty Crocker's actions could be different as well.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Renaissance Robot posted:

Probably something along the lines of having to do things a certain way to ensure things would happen the way they did so that she'd get there in the first place. So more ontological poo poo basically, or from our perspective outside the story 'just because'.

Also, she may not be working alone. In old Earth she was one admittedly powerful alien with a bakery company at her control. The Scratch quite possibly inserted more of Lord English's minions into the new Earth universe to help facilitate "proper" development for English's eventual summoning, just like old Alternia's Scratch did.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Zorak posted:

Crocker never died, Nanna just said that she disappeared. It's entirely possible she came upon some timeline hopping technology and went to the post-scratch universe.

rubber cat
Jul 1, 2002
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3185668&pagenumber=387&perpage=40#post380870043

rubber cat posted:

Jade's penpal is obviously Male Jade, after all the gender-bending fanart becomes canon
Nailed it

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Jane is not female John. This is not a genderswap universe.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Supercar Gautier posted:

B-b-b-but my fanfiction! :negative:

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?

Zorak posted:

Well her factory did get hit by an asteroid at one point. Maybe it contained some of the technology from the veil that let her into the scratched session. Or just straight up killed her.

Edit: So I've never actually seen this strip while it was on a regular update schedule. Should I be expecting an update everyday? Weekdays? Multiple times a day?

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

I just know John is going to immediately flip his poo poo and start wrecking the gently caress out of the Crocker empire the moment he bursts out of the fourth wall.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp
We had that whole wall of text saying this is what happened with the trolls and heavily implying it will happen again, and we have someone who looks exactly like young Nanna, and has all her traits that were already pounded into our head earlier (love of pranks and baking, heiress to the Crocker empire), and some people still think Scratched John is now a girl. Maybe it is wishful thinking?

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Talorat posted:

Well her factory did get hit by an asteroid at one point. Maybe it contained some of the technology from the veil that let her into the scratched session. Or just straight up killed her.

Edit: So I've never actually seen this strip while it was on a regular update schedule. Should I be expecting an update everyday? Weekdays? Multiple times a day?

Every day, with the occasional twice-a-day update (usually 12+ hours apart).

Warm up that F5 button. :f5:

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

What if the new set of kids are the only humans on Earth? poo poo, son.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rubber cat
Jul 1, 2002

Supercar Gautier posted:

Obviously I didn't get the details right but I think it's still pretty good for a joke I made a year and a half ago

Don't take this away from me :argh: