Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bootleg robot
Dec 8, 2004

Added everyone above. As soon as the deep link is available, I'll edit this post and add it. Browse to it using your Windows Phone.

EDIT: Here it is.

This version has a bug that incorrectly sets the current thread page to 1 when the app is pushed to the background. If you spot any more issues let me know!

vvvvv Added vvvvv

bootleg robot fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Nov 11, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

if it breeds it leads
Jan 3, 2001
Forum Veteran
I'd like to get this beta. mowhonic16@hotmail.com

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

Doomsday Jesus we need you now.
Deep link giving an error code 805a0194 saying it cannot complete my request when I browse to it from my phone.

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
Gives me the following error:
App not available
This might be because your phone software needs to be updated, the app is exclusive to a different mobile provider, or the app is not available in your region.

I'm running the latest version of mango on my Focus, and have the chevronlabs unlock. On Telus, and my live account is set to USA

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Yeah, what the hell, I'm in. Live ID: loquacius [at] gmail [dot] com

bootleg robot
Dec 8, 2004

It's just like last time. Even though it's up on the marketplace, it takes a bit for the app to actually be available. Just try again every 30 minutes or so until you get it.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Hey, my car is fixed now, throw me up on the beta and I will try and help when I can!

Ratbert90 at gmail dot com

Thanks mang!

bootleg robot
Dec 8, 2004

Added loquacius and ratbert90!

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe
The new version is great so far. I like the swipe between posts mechanism. It works really well. The addition of the alphabet thing on the forums page works a treat. Also looking forward to the favorites feature.

The right jumpto post works well, though I would've preferred it if you had to tap on the right to reveal it (similar to the status indicators at the top). The forums and threads pages are also black even on the light theme, though at post level all is well there. This is probably intentional, but the text colors of the post pages seemed to be swapped (non-accented/accented).

And it's been pinned. Thanks so much for what you've done so far!

Chamook
Nov 17, 2006

wheeeeeeeeeeeeee
The app seems pretty good so far, but what's the deal with the order on the individual forum listings? Seems p. random to me. Also, the lack of spell check and stuff on replying is a bit of a downer.

edit: also, after posting a reply, it doesn't clear/disappear the reply text box, which is a bit weird.

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe

Chamook posted:

The app seems pretty good so far, but what's the deal with the order on the individual forum listings?

It's alphabetical, isn't it?

Chamook
Nov 17, 2006

wheeeeeeeeeeeeee
I meant the listings of posts within a forum. Which seems odd.

bootleg robot
Dec 8, 2004

Chamook posted:

I meant the listings of posts within a forum. Which seems odd.

The thread list, right? I sorted them by priority:

1) least new posts
2) most new posts
3) no new posts

I modeled this after my own viewing habits, where I often refresh the view forum page to see if there are any new posts to a thread I've got my eye on. If you aren't a fan of this behavior, I can add a setting for it.

I hear you on the lack of spell check for replying. What's available now is super simple, so you at least have the ability to reply. Rest assured I'm working on a nice n' fancy text editor for the future.

quote:

The right jumpto post works well, though I would've preferred it if you had to tap on the right to reveal it (similar to the status indicators at the top). The forums and threads pages are also black even on the light theme, though at post level all is well there. This is probably intentional, but the text colors of the post pages seemed to be swapped (non-accented/accented).

Hiding the list like that is a good idea, I'll add that in. :) To be honest, I completely forgot about the light theme. Does anyone actually want a light theme? Black just looks better :colbert:

Also, I've contracted chicken pox (ugh) so I'll be down for the count for a few days. Thanks for all your input and testing!

Lediur
Jul 16, 2007
The alternative to anything is nothing.
Hey bootleg, could you add me to the list? I'll see if I can help out.

bootleg robot
Dec 8, 2004

lediur, I need the email address you use as your LiveID. Then I'll add you to the list.

Polluxx Troy
Mar 12, 2005

...authorities here are on alert...
would you mind adding me? csavino3 [at] hotmail

danke!

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe

bootleg robot posted:

Does anyone actually want a light theme? Black just looks better :colbert:

I think Microsoft is a bit anal about it during testing, from what I've gathered.

bootleg robot
Dec 8, 2004

Lediur and Polluxx Troy have been added.

Chamook
Nov 17, 2006

wheeeeeeeeeeeeee

bootleg robot posted:

The thread list, right? I sorted them by priority:

1) least new posts
2) most new posts
3) no new posts

Ok after further use (and understanding what was going on) I can confirm that this is awesome.

Stubb Dogg
Feb 16, 2007

loskat naamalle

AtomD posted:

I think Microsoft is a bit anal about it during testing, from what I've gathered.
I can confirm that, my first app failed cert right away because I forgot to test it with light theme.

And add me to beta too please, *got it thanks*

Stubb Dogg fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Nov 15, 2011

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!
The screenshots look great, so I'm eager to participate in the beta, too.
My ID is tim.hoffmann // gmail.com

braaaains
Feb 28, 2008
I'd like to join the beta as well. Thanks!
bperalta at live dot com

bootleg robot
Dec 8, 2004

quote:

Melramz
Stubb Dogg
Badly Jester

Added.

mcpringles
Jan 26, 2004

Should we make a separate thread for the SA app since it's taking over this thread?

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!
Thanks for adding me. It keeps telling me I'm not worthy, though. Does it take a long time to update or is it possible that you misspelled my email address? A lot of people miss the second 'n' in hoffmann.

As far as opening a separate thread is concerned, I'm not sure that's necessary right now, as there's not a whole lot of talk about other apps we're interrupting.

Badly Jester fucked around with this message at 11:17 on Nov 13, 2011

bootleg robot
Dec 8, 2004

Badly Jester posted:

Thanks for adding me. It keeps telling me I'm not worthy, though. Does it take a long time to update or is it possible that you misspelled my email address? A lot of people miss the second 'n' in hoffmann.

As far as opening a separate thread is concerned, I'm not sure that's necessary right now, as there's not a whole lot of talk about other apps we're interrupting.

Oops! corrected.

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!
Thanks. Posting this from the app, and I have to admit that I like where this is going. Really like the choices you made on how to navigate threads. The only thing that I'm missing at first glance is support for bookmarked threads. I'll report my findings as I go.

bootleg robot
Dec 8, 2004

How's this for jump list hiding?

Light theme handled as well (nice post/accent color combo).

bootleg robot fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Nov 13, 2011

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!
Looks good, how do you make it show up? Tapping it?

bootleg robot
Dec 8, 2004

Yep, just tap to show. Once you've finished navigating with it, simply tap outside of the jump list to hide it again. You won't be able to flick left or right while the jump list is active, though.

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

The app is awesome. Loving this new BETA release. Thank you so much for the hard work.

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!
Well, since it behaves exactly the way I would expect it to, I'm gonna go ahead and say that's a good setup.

Crumps Brother
Sep 5, 2007

-G-
Get Equipped with
Ground Game
I'll bite.

Edit: Thanks!

Crumps Brother fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Nov 13, 2011

bootleg robot
Dec 8, 2004

It's a shame that I can't just push updates when I want to during a beta test.

^^^^ Added.

bootleg robot fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Nov 13, 2011

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!
So you would have to resubmit the app for every update? What are they trying to do, discourage beta testing? Then again, what's stopping you from putting it up on the regular marketplace?

bootleg robot
Dec 8, 2004

Badly Jester posted:

So you would have to resubmit the app for every update? What are they trying to do, discourage beta testing? Then again, what's stopping you from putting it up on the regular marketplace?

During a beta test, if the developer wants to push updated code to testers, he or she must end the beta first, upload the new code, and start the beta process all over again. It's pretty silly.

As far as marketplace submission, I can't think of anything that would stop me (perhaps needing an SA account to use the app? Their testers won't be able to use the application without one).

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!
That does indeed sound silly.
I was asking what's stopping you from uploading it to the regular marketplace because I know nothing about the process, but I did get the impression that doing that would make it easier for you to work on the app, as we could provide feedback on new features without you having to jump through hoops.

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

is there anyway to have the app open to the newest post?

Neurophonic
May 2, 2009

bootleg robot posted:

During a beta test, if the developer wants to push updated code to testers, he or she must end the beta first, upload the new code, and start the beta process all over again. It's pretty silly.

As far as marketplace submission, I can't think of anything that would stop me (perhaps needing an SA account to use the app? Their testers won't be able to use the application without one).

You can't use the Facebook app without a Facebook account either, so can't see why that would be a problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bootleg robot
Dec 8, 2004

Doomsday Jesus posted:

is there anyway to have the app open to the newest post?

This is supposed to be the default behavior when you tap on a thread from the thread list. I've noticed that when the newest post is the first post of a page, the app incorrectly sends you to the previous page. Looking into to it.

• Locked thread