Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

It's hard to say for certain
But I think I like it here.
Calling it now. That photo of HD and NB and MK on Jane's wall will be the cover for Problem Sleuth book 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

President Ark posted:

Every day, with the occasional twice-a-day update (usually 12+ hours apart).

Warm up that F5 button. :f5:

If he cranks production back up to pre-2011 levels (and it seems kind of likely that he'll be looking to blitz through this post-Scratch reintro stuff, although that may just be wishful thinking talking) expect 2-3 batches of panels to hit most days, usually spread out between the hours of roughly 3 PM to 3 AM EST.

Idunn
Apr 30, 2011

That's it?
It would be pretty sweet if the update schedule picked up after today, but I'm not holding my breath.

loquacius posted:

Well, don't we know for a fact that J's grandma at least is some instance of Jade? He refers to her by name. So either John and Jade BECAME the guardians, or the scratched session made new versions of them.

But if she's his guardian, why would he be her penpal as well? Unless he knows that he's talking to her in the past/in an alternate universe, it makes more sense if he just thinks she lives far away. I can't recall him actually giving away how much he knew about time shenanigans, other than that he knew Jade could see the future. Who knows?

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Gabriel Pope posted:

If he cranks production back up to pre-2011 levels (and it seems kind of likely that he'll be looking to blitz through this post-Scratch reintro stuff, although that may just be wishful thinking talking) expect 2-3 batches of panels to hit most days, usually spread out between the hours of roughly 3 PM to 3 AM EST.

I always get a little bit happier when I unexpectedly hear that DINGALONG sound update scanner makes. :unsmith:

e/ vv Speaking of Jeff Foxworthy, I've always thought that particular picture looks nothing like him. Browsing GIS there's actually a whole bunch of photos where he looks like completely different people, but this one always stuck out to me personally because of this:

In conclusion, :britain:

Renaissance Robot fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Nov 11, 2011

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Um hey guys how could the kids be the only humans on earth if kid-Nanna over there has posters of Jeff Foxworthy and the like on her walls and there's a Ben Stiller-Owen Wilson movie out?

Use your think pans for once

KoB
May 1, 2009
If every Troll stayed alive, including Sollux, the only elements left that arent alive are Heart, Void, Hope, and Life. Guardian kids will be these four so that we have 1 of each element alive.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

JT Jag posted:

Um hey guys how could the kids be the only humans on earth if kid-Nanna over there has posters of Jeff Foxworthy and the like on her walls and there's a Ben Stiller-Owen Wilson movie out?

Use your think pans for once

CGI composites from their monumental, classic body of work. Obviously!

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
obviously grandpa harley will be named Jeff, so that (hella) jeff and (sweet) bro can go on rad adventures together

e: also, the rebranding she mentions will be the betty crocker company changing their logo to a fork/trident to match the empress' battleship logo

President Ark fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Nov 11, 2011

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

You know, this probably means that John and Jade are long dead in this universe.

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off

KoB posted:

If every Troll stayed alive, including Sollux, the only elements left that arent alive are Heart, Void, Hope, and Life. Guardian kids will be these four so that we have 1 of each element alive.

I like this idea in theory, but wasn't it debated/theorized a while back that having a Hero of Space and a Hero of Time were absolute necessities to any session of Sburb? Or perhaps if our original kids join the fight that won't be a problem?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Idunn posted:

But if she's his guardian, why would he be her penpal as well? Unless he knows that he's talking to her in the past/in an alternate universe, it makes more sense if he just thinks she lives far away. I can't recall him actually giving away how much he knew about time shenanigans, other than that he knew Jade could see the future. Who knows?

No, we know she's his grandma too, that's from this page. Remember? Pink wwigglers comin out a Jade's owwn personal torso making Eridan's fins curl in distaste?

J's letters are the best source of information we had about the post-Scratch universe before meeting Jane, which is what makes me confident that either John and Jade took part in pre-Sburb events in it, or entirely new instances of them did. I'm hoping it's the latter so we can find out what their lives would have been like if left to their own devices :3:

H.P. Shivcraft
Mar 17, 2008

STAY UNRULY, YOU HEARTLESS MONSTERS!
Let's throw some impossible, groundless speculation on this roaring bonfire and maybe burn off our eyebrows.

We know that, in theory, successful players of Sburb create new universes and are then allowed to enter them and rebuild their civilization while living like "gods."

How does this happen? Perhaps... perhaps they have Exile-like command terminals???

(Before we get started on it, I know, this raises more questions, like the nature of the Troll session that created this Scratched Earth, and how it relates to the Troll Ancestors we know who were said to have failed by a man who never lies except when he does. But, well, it's a thought!)

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Looks like whoever guessed Jake for Grandpa Harley hit it right on the head.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

H.P. Shivcraft posted:

Let's throw some impossible, groundless speculation on this roaring bonfire and maybe burn off our eyebrows.

We know that, in theory, successful players of Sburb create new universes and are then allowed to enter them and rebuild their civilization while living like "gods."

How does this happen? Perhaps... perhaps they have Exile-like command terminals???

(Before we get started on it, I know, this raises more questions, like the nature of the Troll session that created this Scratched Earth, and how it relates to the Troll Ancestors we know who were said to have failed by a man who never lies except when he does. But, well, it's a thought!)

I always thought that successful players would be a bit more direct than that. I mean, players who play the game right end up immortal, with fantastic powers and fancy costumes. They'd probably be more of the kind of gods in ancient mythology who physically intercede in the affairs of the world rather than the more modern Western kind of gods as invisible forces that influence people by speaking to them or sending down prophets.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
drat we're cutting right to the chase here aren't we?

Ahaha, Jake is the poo poo.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------
hey when John sent the Pardox kids back in time, Nana had the current version of his bunney, Mom had Vodka Mutini, Bro had Dream Cal and Old man Harley had dual-flintlock pistols. barring Mr. Harley' flintlocks the other three of those items are accounted for in this new universe... I feel that is more than a coincidence.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.
Well I guess that answers the question of what pace this act will take.

The fact that Grandpa is named "English" makes me a little uneasy, though...:ohdear:

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

quote:

Jake English

:gonk:

What does this meeeeeeeean?

quote:

Nana had the current version of his bunney
Pretty sure Rose had that and Nana had a Colonel Sassacre book.
edit: I'm wrong Nana had Dad's hat.

ActionZero fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Nov 11, 2011

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Wrist Watch posted:

Looks like whoever guessed Jake for Grandpa Harley hit it right on the head.

GALS OF CERULEAN COMPLEXION.

So of course he likes Avatar. And Aayla Secura.

Idunn
Apr 30, 2011

That's it?

loquacius posted:

No, we know she's his grandma too, that's from this page. Remember? Pink wwigglers comin out a Jade's owwn personal torso making Eridan's fins curl in distaste?

That doesn't really prove anything though. Jade thought Grandpa was her Grandpa and he technically wasn't. All that page proves is what we already knew -- he says he's her grandson. That doesn't mean she's in the post-scratch universe, or that she isn't, or anything else really.

Basically what I'm getting at is it doesn't make sense to be your own grandmother's penpal if she lives with you unless a) you know something about the Scratch, b) he thinks he's talking to her in the past, or c) none of the above -- she doesn't live with him so it makes perfect sense to him, and he doesn't realise crazy time/space poo poo is afoot. Right now it's unclear what J knows or thinks he knows, or even when he started writing these letters.

For all we know, our Jade was the one who gave him the idea to start writing to her in the first place, and she only called herself his grandma because that's what she remembered him calling her.

FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

I am very powerful, of course.

Jake has a thing for blue ladies. :roflolmao:

Never stop, Hussie.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

TheRagamuffin posted:

The fact that Grandpa is named "English" makes me a little uneasy, though...:ohdear:
My thoughts exactly.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

KoB posted:

This guy hit the nail right on the loving head. Good job.

Jane of Life.

Jake of Hope.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.
Also, now I'm kind of thrown on how the guardians will be named. Jane and Jake are really similar to John and Jade, but they're also very similar to each other. Anyone got guesses for Bro and Mom? Dane and Lily, maybe?

e: Anyone know where the symbol on Jake's shirt is from?

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Alright, going by the last words of their intros, Jane will be the X of Life, and Jake will be the X of Hope.

E:fb

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Jake English?

I'm scared now. :stare:

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
Anybody notice that Jake's bed sheet has the troll's Lususes on it?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Color Printer posted:

Jake English?

I'm scared now. :stare:

Yeah, the smile just drained out of my face when I saw that. There's the first clear stamp of English's influence, I guess!

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!

NextTime000 posted:

hey when John sent the Pardox kids back in time, Nana had the current version of his bunney, Mom had Vodka Mutini, Bro had Dream Cal and Old man Harley had dual-flintlock pistols. barring Mr. Harley' flintlocks the other three of those items are accounted for in this new universe... I feel that is more than a coincidence.

Actually, Jade was the one who held the bunny Rose sewed for John. Since both Jane and Jake have a bunny, then I think that confirms that Jade did get an alternate Guardian self, and so did the rest of the kids. Jade probably gave her bunny to Jane! Guardian John probably also gave his joke book to Jake, too, it seems...

edit: Am I crazy or is the bottom of the panel all scrambled? And his name is English? Oh boy... :stare:

Lupus Rufus fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Nov 11, 2011

FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

I am very powerful, of course.

Going by the suspiciously allcaps words on their intro pages, I'm calling Jane as the Maid of Life, and Jake as the Page of Hope.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
^^^Bastard.

Fucknag posted:

Alright, going by the last words of their intros, Jane will be the X of Life, and Jake will be the X of Hope.

E:fb
The titles are on there too.

Maid of Life
Page of Hope

Callin' it now bro is the Bard of Heart.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
Um, is this one of the posters on Jake English's wall?

Idunn
Apr 30, 2011

That's it?
So is Mom or Bro going to be the hero of heart? Considering their relationships with Rose and Dave in the last session, either one would be drat hilarious.

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH
Bro will clearly be HEART, since that was the shirt Dave was wearing when he crashlanded.

Mom drinks to fill the VOID in her soul

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Cheeseball IV posted:

The titles are on there too.

Maid of Life
Page of Hope

Callin' it now bro is the Bard of Heart.
Haha this is great :toot:

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
I checked MSPA just out of curiosity while getting caught up in this thread, and I got there just after it updated. Go me.

I guess Hussie's going through the introductions as quickly as he can, so I doubt we'll see any more Syllodex shenanigans, but thats okay since we've got a lot of stuff to get through. And whoever mentioned pre-2011 levels of updating is pretty much on the ball.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Hahaha, Jake, ever thoughtful, assumed that Jane would be into blue men as much as he likes blue ladies.

I'm still calling Mom as Thief of Heart.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

creationist believer posted:

Um, is this one of the posters on Jake English's wall?

Oh wow, it is. There's a Terminator (Salvation?) poster too.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
Considering that this universe has a Cal and presumably a magic cue-ball, if we go by the way the trolls' scratch went, I think we can make a good guess at who Jake's guardian is.

Someone omniscient, with a consciousness possibly unencumbered by the fact that he exists across multiple universes. One might describe him as a smug shithead.

Haa haa.
Hee hee.
Hoo hoo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

TheRagamuffin posted:

Well I guess that answers the question of what pace this act will take.

Also, check out the emblem on his shirt.