Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Jake being named English scares me and I am positive it will mean something very bad, though not necessarily for Jake himself. I feel it might be foreshadowing regarding Jade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I'm guessing every one of these new kids will have a name that starts with "J", just to mess with who could be the penpal.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

JT Jag posted:

Jake being named English scares me and I am positive it will mean something very bad, though not necessarily for Jake himself. I feel it might be foreshadowing regarding Jade.

He's also a huge fan of The Incredible Hulk.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
No, Jake is definitely J. He's got the green color theme and the love of FISTICUFFS.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I'm guessing every one of these new kids will have a name that starts with "J", just to mess with who could be the penpal.

No, the penpal is Jake. He's the one related to Jade, not to mention his fondness for SCRUMS AND SUCH is a dead ringer for what was stated in his letters.

Given his name and that shirt emblem, I'd place good odds that Scratch is responsible for the bunny mailing as well. Got to keep those time loops spinning!

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

There's a green box and a letter in Jake's room. There's a good but not certain possibility J is him.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine

The FISTICUFFS, SCRUMS AND WHATNOT stuff, in addition to Liv Tyler sitting right there along with the green box and letter make it pretty obvious that J is Jake.

edit: 4X BEATEN COMBOB

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Nilbop posted:

Also, check out the emblem on his shirt.
Yep, his guardian is almost certainly Scratch/LE instead of Bec this time around.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

JT Jag posted:

At least BEING LOCKED IN A ROOM hasn't been listed as anyone's hobbies yet.

I'm really worried that this could be Mom or post-scratch Rose's fate, since the room Aradia's ancestor was locked in had the same bed that Mom had.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I'm getting the vibe that these four might all be groomed by villainous characters. Jane by the Empress, Jake by LE, and Bro by Cal (if you count Cal as sentient and villainous). Wouldn't be surprised if Mom is a Doc Scratch prisoner.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."

Supercar Gautier posted:

I'm getting the vibe that these four might all be groomed by villainous characters. Jane by the Empress, Jake by LE, and Bro by Cal (if you count Cal as sentient and villainous).

A showdown between the kids and their scratched guardians would be absurdly badass.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Oh god there is just so much to catch in each of these updates. Our cup runneth over with plot and interconnections and hints and references and aghblaghblabhgh.

These updates have been a reminder that Hussie's greatest skill is probably his ability to keep a thousand plates in the air and not drop a single one. The frigging blue-guy poster Jake gave Jane for her birthday because Grandpa likes blue complexion in reference to how Jade's Grandpa had all those creepy faded beauty portraits? And that's just one tiny background detail in a sea of similar referentia!

God help us all if this pace keeps up for long because there's just so much information to absorb here at the start of Act 6 and it looks like Hussie's not going to cut any corners on it.

H.P. Shivcraft
Mar 17, 2008

STAY UNRULY, YOU HEARTLESS MONSTERS!

quote:

how you'd give your RIGHT LEG for a shot at desecrating THE poo poo out of some real life MYSTIC RUINS for their byzantine wares

This has to be a red herring. There is just no way that J becomes LE so he can forever plunder the most mystical ruins of all: dead universes.

But seriously this is a pretty good outta-left-field moment.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Jake is my new favorite kid. :3:

Miracon
Jan 1, 2010

Supercar Gautier posted:

I'm getting the vibe that these four might all be groomed by villainous characters. Jane by the Empress, Jake by LE, and Bro by Cal (if you count Cal as sentient and villainous). Wouldn't be surprised if Mom is a Doc Scratch prisoner.

Lily Scratch, 11 letters. Now just find an expanded name for Cal and we'll be golden.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Miracon posted:

Lily Scratch, 11 letters. Now just find an expanded name for Cal and we'll be golden.

Chad Calvin

EDIT: Oh wait, I guess these kids don't have the 6-or-7 naming pattern that the main kids have.

Chad Calbert

Carotid
Dec 18, 2008

We're all doing it
His last name is English. He loves skulls and has a very English-like skull on his shirt. He has the Time-Travelling Demon poster on his wall. Yeah, this doesn't bode well.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

Supercar Gautier posted:

That's my impression as well. All the kids in this world are non-existent, and all the players of the session that replace them are their guardians, now older and also raised by the masters of the system they'll be participating in basically.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style
Hmm, there's a huge vine creeping up Jake's stairs. Maybe his late grandmother planted a bunch of gardens that he's not allowed to touch.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

H.P. Shivcraft posted:

This has to be a red herring. There is just no way that J becomes LE so he can forever plunder the most mystical ruins of all: dead universes.

But seriously this is a pretty good outta-left-field moment.

LE's peg-leg is his left leg, remember. But yeah.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
Jeez I'm dumb. I was sitting there thinking "He has so many knight and mummy themed posters! What significance could that have?"

:downs: Grandpa Harley collected mummies and knights.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Nilbop posted:

Uh, nope. It's the left leg from our perspective, but the right on his.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I kind of wish Jane had be Jill instead; Jade/Jane/Jake, it's too many Ja*e's!

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH

Nilbop posted:

Just like Spades Slick's barcode is on his left arm, right?

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."

Zorak posted:

That's my impression as well. All the kids in this world are non-existent, and all the players of the session that replace them are their guardians, now older and also raised by the masters of the system they'll be participating in basically.

Also it looks like their weapons are going to match.

John/Jane get blunt objects
Jade/Jake get guns

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Stupid Unfounded Theory: These kids will have some direct connection to the Denizens.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Zorak posted:

All the kids in this world are non-existent

I wouldn't go that far. Jake knows Jade as his grandma (and that's probably one of her pesky giant plants creeping up the staircase), Jane has pranksterism in her lineage, and the SBAHJ Moive is evidence that Dave's got a media empire.

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!

Zorak posted:

It seems that the artifacts the kids rode with in their baby meteors are appearing in this universe though: Jane's rabbit (which I suspect is the one Jade came with) and John's joke book are both present. This leaves one question: where are John and Jade?

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

Color Printer posted:

Uh, nope. It's the left leg from our perspective, but the right on his.

Well gently caress, you're right. I could've sworn it was his other one.

Pessimism
Aug 2, 2005

You can find this and other great titles at your local library

Zorak posted:

I hope that's not the case. I'd really like to see pre scratch John meet up with post scratch Dad, so they can both be simultaneously reunited with their dead fathers.

Anyways, that wouldn't make sense what with Jade being Jake's grandmother.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Supercar Gautier posted:

Wouldn't be surprised if Mom is a Doc Scratch prisoner.

Given the visual similarity between her bedroom in the lab and the handmaiden's room, I'd say this is pretty much a certainty.

Lupus Rufus posted:

It seems that the artifacts the kids rode with in their baby meteors are appearing in this universe though: Jane's rabbit (which I suspect is the one Jade came with) and John's joke book are both present. This leaves one question: where are John and Jade?

Already here, obviously.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Remember that Jake was the one who told Jade he was her grandson, not the other way around. That means he had to know about it from his side, which means she has to be present in some form. I guess he COULD have written all of those letters post-ectobiology -- I forget, would that make their exact familial relationship obvious?

Also I agree that Jade/Jane/Jake have too similar of names, especially since Jane and Jade look pretty similar too. I was gonna say Jake should have been Jack, but the comic already has a pretty important Jack, doesn't it?

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

Wait. poo poo.

Doc Scratch posted:

And while I can't give you my assurance, I'm reasonably convinced of this much. When the Hero of Breath dies for good, it won't be as a scoundrel. If I had served as his mentor directly, rather than as his mentor's mentor's mentor, he may have stood a fair chance of perpetrating something underhanded. At the very least, his jokes might have been better.

Also wow Act 6 is already its own page in Search.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

closeted republican posted:

Anybody notice that Jake's bed sheet has the troll's Lususes on it?
And the x of Light logo. And he likes the cerulean ladies.

:crossarms:

marsattacks
Apr 2, 2011

Supercar Gautier posted:

I really want this to be the case.

That would honestly be a lot more interesting than them just proceeding through the game as normal. Instead of our kids going immediately to a big boss battle with Lord English, first they have to fight their alternate universe guardians, who've been raised by batterwitches/evil empresses/deranged puppets/universe consumers/possibly also horrorterrors? (because that would be sort of cool).

Nothing like having to kill your alternate universe parents!

KIDS AND FUN!

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Lupus Rufus posted:

We've seen all the ghost slime baby artifacts so far except for Maplehoof; dual flintlocks, Dream Cal, Vodka Mutini, un-knitted bunny (in the wizard outfit), knitted bunny (in the fedora), Dad's dirty hat, and Colonel Sassacre's book. I don't know what this means.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
Let out an audible "OH poo poo" at "Jake English".

Also, since "The Time Traveling Demon" is apparently a real movie in this universe, that means there are four actors named "John Egbert", "Rose Lalonde", "Dave Strider", and "Jade Harley" completely unrelated to the kids or the new guardians (as far as we know) as well as a director/producer/writer named "Andrew Hussie" in this universe.

Happy Yeti
Jun 1, 2011

Lupus Rufus posted:

It seems that the artifacts the kids rode with in their baby meteors are appearing in this universe though: Jane's rabbit (which I suspect is the one Jade came with) and John's joke book are both present.
The original session is still the one that spawned everyone. Everyone went through the portals with their artifacts, and those portals lead to "Earth's universe". It's just that "Earth's universe" has changed from pre-scratch to post-scratch.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Well Manicured Man posted:

Let out an audible "OH poo poo" at "Jake English".

Also, since "The Time Traveling Demon" is apparently a real movie in this universe, that means there are four actors named "John Egbert", "Rose Lalonde", "Dave Strider", and "Jade Harley" completely unrelated to the kids or the new guardians (as far as we know) as well as a director/producer/writer named "Andrew Hussie" in this universe.

The bottom of the poster is cut off, so it looks like Andrew was conscious of the need to massage the poster art into something canonically sane.

Also, hahahahahaha there's a picture of Smurfette just below it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Seoinin posted:

And the x of Light logo. And he likes the cerulean ladies.

:crossarms:

JakexMindfang OTP :swoon: