Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Tollymain posted:

That charred hat on Jane's dresser probably indicates his current status.

It's just this hat though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dumb brunette
Mar 17, 2009

I admire man's ability to see beauty in everything! Even a flame!
Jake appears to have a dreambot bed just like Jade did, for what it's worth.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
Jake actually has a very good chance of turning out to be a villain, even if it's unintentional on his part. He's named Jake English, he sent the bunny which allowed Jack to take the prototyping ring which started the degeneration of the kids' session. From his letter he mentioned that he was kind of pushed into sending it, and at this point it's possible whoever raised him (Scratch probably if he's to be considered Jade's Ancestor/Descendant, to keep the First Guardian theme going) got him to do it.

Also, his bedsheets have Lusii on them. Including one that looks awfully...serpentlike. Although it looks like an eastern dragon to me than a snake so it's probably NOTHING AT ALL.

Edit: Maybe AR has a real name just like SS's real name is Jack Noir and his name is ENGLISH. That's why Jake has so many weapons! Maybe AR raised him!

FrictionlessEmu
Jan 24, 2011

Slime posted:

Also, his bedsheets have Lusii on them. Including one that looks awfully...serpentlike. Although it looks like an eastern dragon to me than a snake so it's probably NOTHING AT ALL.

Are you talking about the one right next to the pillow? That's presumably Gamzee's lusus, which was some sort of sea serpent / goat hybrid.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Slime posted:

It's got two sets of legs, which is two more than snakes have. Could be Gamzee's lusus; I don't think we ever got a full look at its hindquarters.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I don't think that's Gamzee's lusus. Gamzee's lusus was basically Capricorn itself - a giant fish/goat thing. It would have two hoofed legs on the front and then a fish tail (which you can see on that page you linked).

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

I hope we never see Bro speak.

I want him to communicate silently, expressing emotions through a head nod or gesture. Ironically. If we don't get to see at least third tier irony here I'm going to be extremely disappointed.

H.P. Shivcraft
Mar 17, 2008

STAY UNRULY, YOU HEARTLESS MONSTERS!
The questionable shape on Jake's sheets might be Aradia's ill-fated Lusus.

Or hell maybe it's Falcor, but I don't think he had legs.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Wrist Watch posted:

I hope we never see Bro speak.

I want him to communicate silently, expressing emotions through a head nod or gesture. Ironically. If we don't get to see at least third tier irony here I'm going to be extremely disappointed.
I hope he's just an earnest dude who really digs ventriloquism.

Pessimism
Aug 2, 2005

You can find this and other great titles at your local library

H.P. Shivcraft posted:

The questionable shape on Jake's sheets might be Aradia's ill-fated Lusus.

Or hell maybe it's Falcor, but I don't think he had legs.

I think it's actually Terezi's dragon. You just can't see the head and wings because that part is cut off.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Seoinin posted:

Your name is JACK SCRATCH. You REALLY REALLY DIG PUPPETS and VENTRILOQUISM, but instead of throwing voices, you THROW PUPPETS.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
I don't even have time to entertain the two hundred posts I see that I haven't read.

I'm just going to assume everyone is screaming and going 'holy poo poo' at Jake's name and is now reduced to just blubbering in the corner.

Just like me.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.

Cleretic posted:

I don't even have time to entertain the two hundred posts I see that I haven't read.

I'm just going to assume everyone is screaming and going 'holy poo poo' at Jake's name and is now reduced to just blubbering in the corner.

Just like me.

Yea, pretty much. Check out all the movie posters too.

dissin department
Apr 7, 2007

"I has music dysleskia."
The only thing that I am hoping in all of this is that Dad is shown to be a universal constant.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

I'm going to speculate, based on the pattern of Jane's version of John (probably) being dead, that the Batterwitch has quietly killed off every member of her "family" once they've gotten old enough to bear children. That way, no one notices that an unaging non-human is running the company. John is/was entirely too happy-go-lucky to have seen something like that coming!

Just like John thought his dad was a street jester when he was a serious businessman, Jane is a big fan of of Betty Crocker when, this whole time, she's been killing off her family!

FewtureMD posted:

Jake has a thing for blue ladies. :roflolmao:

Never stop, Hussie.

Best joke of the new updates so far. drat it, Hussie, never stop being awesome.

Seoinin posted:

Nah, we need to update his puppet obsession for the 21st century he grew up in. He's going to "ironically" like Jeff Dunham and his lovely, racist puppets or something.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

I think Snowman has a better chance of being a kid's guardian than Scratch. Snowman has seven letters.

e: Wait gently caress, Scratch has seven letters too :downs:

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Level Slide posted:

I think Snowman has a better chance of being a kid's guardian than Scratch. Snowman has seven letters.

Scratch is probably Jake's guardian. I mean, look at Jake's surname: English.

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

And Scratch is seven letters anyways?

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

But Snowman is a much more badass surname.

Ghost of Starman
Mar 9, 2008
I can't remember - are blue ladies significant in any way other than being Grandpa Harley's fetish, pre-Scratch?

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

Ghost of Starman posted:

I can't remember - are blue ladies significant in any way other than being Grandpa Harley's fetish, pre-Scratch?

Being a symptom of a shut-in nerd too. Hussie should have put a Mass Effect poster in the room.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
Based on the existence of the presence of almost all of the artifacts that the ghost slime babies rode back with, I think it's possible that the portals of the pre-scratch reckoning somehow sent the paradox babies to both pre-scratch Earth and post-scratch Earth. That is, the players in this session didn't spawn in this session, like the pre-scratch trolls. This is Lord English's calling card, but this timeline won't have Lord English or Doc Scratch in it. A scratched version of it will/would. I think the conflict in this act could be Jane, Jake, Bro, and Mom unwittingly stumbling toward redoing the scratch while the pre-scratch heroes are working to prevent it.

Basically, LE couldn't enter the kid's universe and the glitch that allows him to enter the scratched universe weren't there. Doc Scratch arranged a scratch in a session that didn't really need it so that there would be a post-scratch universe that does have the glitch. When this universe is scratched, LE would have another universe to enter.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

creationist believer posted:

Based on the existence of the presence of almost all of the artifacts that the ghost slime babies rode back with, I think it's possible that the portals of the pre-scratch reckoning somehow sent the paradox babies to both pre-scratch Earth and post-scratch Earth. That is, the players in this session didn't spawn in this session, like the pre-scratch trolls. This is Lord English's calling card, but this timeline won't have Lord English or Doc Scratch in it. A scratched version of it will/would. I think the conflict in this act could be Jane, Jake, Bro, and Mom unwittingly stumbling toward redoing the scratch while the pre-scratch heroes are working to prevent it.

Basically, LE couldn't enter the kid's universe and the glitch that allows him to enter the scratched universe weren't there. Doc Scratch arranged a scratch in a session that didn't really need it so that there would be a post-scratch universe that does have the glitch. When this universe is scratched, LE would have another universe to enter.

It's an interesting theory, and explains some stuff like Nanasprite obliquely talking about having played The Game in her youth. But there were definitely 8 meteor babies that hit Earth.

standard owl
Jan 9, 2011

Ghost of Starman posted:

Well, Nanna turned into a blue ghost grandma pre-scratch. And Grandpa Harley became mustachioed.

Kind of weird.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Gabriel Pope posted:

It's an interesting theory, and explains some stuff like Nanasprite obliquely talking about having played The Game in her youth. But there were definitely 8 meteor babies that hit Earth.

This is interesting, because it's clear from the Troll session that 24 meteors hit Alternia at varying points in time, but somehow the trolls and their ancestors managed to also be sent to the pre-Scratch universe, too. This really makes me wonder if that'll also be the case for the kids' universe (except the meteors will have originated from the pre-Scratch universe instead of the post-Scratch universe.)

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So, who do you think is at that terminal with the alternian font? I really want to know what's going on there :crossarms:

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Gabriel Pope posted:

I'm not saying the meteors went to post-scratch Earth instead of pre-scratch Earth, I meant they go to both. Like, when the 8 meteors hit each of the portals, a copy of the baby and the artifact it was riding on went to both pre-scratch and post-scratch Earth. The babies then grow up with different lives. In pre-scratch, the kids grow up to play Sburb and create themselves and then scratch the session. In post-scratch, the guardians grow up to play Sburb and would seed the universe for LE if they scratched it again.

I don't think my hypothesis explains Nanna talking about climbing her echeladder at all :11tea:

creationist believer fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Nov 12, 2011

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Tollymain posted:

So, who do you think is at that terminal with the alternian font? I really want to know what's going on there :crossarms:

All I know is that it has the caduceus on top, which is apparently used as a symbol for Ophiuchus, which hasn't stopped anybody from saying :byodood: THIRTEENTH TROLL!!!.

What I want to know is what's up with the new kids and all the mentions of plants. Jane loves gardening, but that was always really Jade's thing, wasn't it? Not John's? And why is Jack Jake's house covered in evil plants?

Arrhythmia fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Nov 12, 2011

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

creationist believer posted:

I'm not saying the meteors went to post-scratch Earth instead of pre-scratch Earth, I meant they go to both. Like, when the 8 meteors hit each of the portals, a copy of the baby and the artifact it was riding on went to both pre-scratch and post-scratch Earth. The babies then grow up with different lives. In pre-scratch, the kids grow up to play Sburb and create themselves and then scratch the session. In post-scratch, the guardians grow up to play Sburb and would seed the universe for LE if they scratched it again.

I don't think my hypothesis explains Nanna talking about climbing her echeladder at all :11tea:

You realize, if the same meteors go to both pre- and post- scratch Earth, that Jack rode one of those meteors down. The Frog Temple one that also held the King and Dave's copy of the beta and stuff.

...But that would probably be too confusing, so I don't know what the gently caress.

Arrhythmia posted:

What I want to know is what's up with the new kids and all the mentions of plants. Jane loves gardening, but that was always really Jade's thing, wasn't it? Not John's? And why is Jack's house covered in evil plants?

John and Jade are the genetic results of Grandpa and Grandma. Thematically, it makes sense that Jane and Jake have a mix of John and Jade's interests.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
Edit: ^^^ Doesn't have to be ALL the meteors got sent both ways... Just the ones with the babies on them.

Arrhythmia posted:

All I know is that it has the caduceus on top, which is apparently used as a symbol for Ophiuchus, which hasn't stopped anybody from saying :byodood: THIRTEENTH TROLL!!!.

What I want to know is what's up with the new kids and all the mentions of plants. Jane loves gardening, but that was always really Jade's thing, wasn't it? Not John's? And why is Jack's house covered in evil plants?

It seems like there's a little cross contamination of the guardian's and kid's interests. Like Jake has John's love of movies combined with Grandpa Harley's love of knights, mummies, and blue ladies. And young Mom has preserved mutated kittens like Dave had dead things preserved in amber.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Arrhythmia posted:

What I want to know is what's up with the new kids and all the mentions of plants. Jane loves gardening, but that was always really Jade's thing, wasn't it? Not John's? And why is Jack Jake's house covered in evil plants?

Remember how Jade never moved any of her grandfather's junk even though he had been dead for almost ten years? Imagine that with a garden.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

It's hard to say for certain
But I think I like it here.
Random thought, but I kind of hope we find out why the Troll session has two separate sets of ruins instead of one like the kids do. Yeah their session is 'bifurcated' but I'd like to know why. And sollux's has two dream selfs. And why Aradia's was already dead.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

King of Solomon posted:

This is interesting, because it's clear from the Troll session that 24 meteors hit Alternia at varying points in time, but somehow the trolls and their ancestors managed to also be sent to the pre-Scratch universe, too. This really makes me wonder if that'll also be the case for the kids' universe (except the meteors will have originated from the pre-Scratch universe instead of the post-Scratch universe.)

Hmm. What evidence do we have that the trollcestors arrived in post-scratch Alternia in meteors, though? I think Mindfang's journal was from a meteor, but that was a fresh one, wasn't it?

Oh, hey, here's a thought. When Doc Scratch said that the pre-scratch Alternia session was glitched, he said that the glitch was that the then-current players did not originate in that session... but that doesn't mean that they didn't make any ectobabies. What if it's a mobius double reacharound sort of thing? Suppose both pre-scratch and post-scratch sessions make a full set of babies, and the glitch swaps them around: John was actually sending ectobabies into the post-scratch universe (which gets the hat and book etc. into post-scratch Earth!), and the actual kids that hit Earth will be made by Jane later. This would mean pre-scratch Earth is marked by Lord English's glitch.

Lord of Laughton posted:

And sollux's has two dream selfs.

Maybe that's the Mage of Doom power. Having an extra life means extra capacity for doom.

Or maybe the "Doom" title is like, you know, Doom as in Doctor Doom. You know how every time they kill Doom it turns out it's just a robot fake? That's the Hero of Doom's power. :haw:

the holy poopacy fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Nov 12, 2011

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Tollymain posted:

Maybe instead of this session's Skaians being carapace people playing chess, they're trolls playing foursquare.

sansuki
May 17, 2003

I jut noticed something really weird. Jane has buck teeth like John and Jade. So does Jake, but he has three buck teeth. How in the heck does THAT work?

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

sansuki posted:

I jut noticed something really weird. Jane has buck teeth like John and Jade. So does Jake, but he has three buck teeth. How in the heck does THAT work?

John has 3 buck teeth too.

Did... did you never notice that? :confused:

sansuki
May 17, 2003

NO. How in the hell do you have three buck teeth?!?

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

sansuki posted:

NO. How in the hell do you have three buck teeth?!?

Well let's see. John and Jade looks very similar because they are both the ectobiological children of Nanna and Grandpa. Who in the scratched universe are presumably the ectobiological children of John and Jade.

So I guess the answer I'll go with is inbreeding.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

A compelling argument for universal dental care.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
It's actually 4 buck teeth, they just don't floss between their front teeth very well.