Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

sansuki posted:

NO. How in the hell do you have three buck teeth?!?

By being rendered in a manner symbolic of childhood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent Boogeyman
Feb 17, 2005

"This cannot POSSIBLY be good. . ."
To the guy who pointed out the subtle Class/Title hints in the bios: Kudos. I would have missed that entirely. Pretty sure Page of Hope is totally set for Jake there. However, I do not think Jane's Class will be "Maid" because if you notice, "Heiress" is also written in bold. But what is both a "Maiden" and an "Heiress"?

Jane's Class will be PRINCESS

The reason I'm throwing darts at the wall with this one is because John, an "Heir" Class is still alive, and Aradia, a "Maid" Class is still alive. I actually went through and found which Classes and Titles are now effectively up for grabs now that their respective holders are dead, and also didn't cross with a still living Player. The Classes/Titles are: Rogue/Thief/Prince/Page;Heart/Void/Hope/Life

Assuming Hussie won't overlap, and that the bios are indeed a hint as to their Class/Title combos, I can infer only these options:

Princess of Life (Jane)
Page of Hope (Jake)
Rogue of Void
Thief of Heart

You may have noticed I left out the Mage Class and Doom Title. This is because though it is heavily inferred that Sollux is going to die, he still hasn't died yet as of the moment of the Scratch. Sollux was a weird "special case" anyway, so who knows? Maybe he won't be completely out of the picture yet, or his Class/Title combo will prove important or maybe I'm just talking out of my rear end. Fun to speculate though.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Gabriel Pope posted:

Hmm. What evidence do we have that the trollcestors arrived in post-scratch Alternia in meteors, though? I think Mindfang's journal was from a meteor, but that was a fresh one, wasn't it?

Ah, nothing specific. It's mostly conjecture based on what we- seem to- know about how things worked in the Kids' universe.

Gabriel Pope posted:

Oh, hey, here's a thought. When Doc Scratch said that the pre-scratch Alternia session was glitched, he said that the glitch was that the then-current players did not originate in that session... but that doesn't mean that they didn't make any ectobabies. What if it's a mobius double reacharound sort of thing? Suppose both pre-scratch and post-scratch sessions make a full set of babies, and the glitch swaps them around: John was actually sending ectobabies into the post-scratch universe (which gets the hat and book etc. into post-scratch Earth!), and the actual kids that hit Earth will be made by Jane later. This would mean pre-scratch Earth is marked by Lord English's glitch.
Hm, well, whether pre-Scratch Earth was affected or not, they did Scratch the universe, which is a method of "fixing" the inherent problems.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

King of Solomon posted:

Hm, well, whether pre-Scratch Earth was affected or not, they did Scratch the universe, which is a method of "fixing" the inherent problems.

Is it? That's how Doc Scratch got into the troll universe in the first place.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Captain Oblivious posted:

Is it? That's how Doc Scratch got into the troll universe in the first place.

The pre-Scratch troll universe was glitched and (as far as we know) effectively unwinnable. That is what I was referring to, not any problems Scratch himself may have caused.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Agent Boogeyman posted:

Jane's Class will be PRINCESS

One syllable.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

King of Solomon posted:

The pre-Scratch troll universe was glitched and (as far as we know) effectively unwinnable. That is what I was referring to, not any problems Scratch himself may have caused.

As was the kids.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Hanks Lust Cafe posted:

One syllable.

Also, I doubt that they'd have a class of Princess when every character is already a prince/princess of Prospit/Derse.

e: vvv Touché

Arrhythmia fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Nov 12, 2011

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Slime posted:

Well let's see. John and Jade looks very similar because they are both the ectobiological children of Nanna and Grandpa. Who in the scratched universe are presumably the ectobiological children of John and Jade.

So I guess the answer I'll go with is inbreeding.

I imagine they're still ecto-clones of themselves, and their guardians/grandparents are their ectobiological children. That seems most likely anyway!

e: it seems likely as well that Heart and Mind will be amongst the Scratched titles what with the hoodies (which in the store are listed, "as worn by ????, the ???? of Mind/Heart"), which leaves Heart/Mind/Time/Space. But then there's the Life and Hope drops in the new intros so who knows!

Android Blues fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Nov 12, 2011

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

King of Solomon posted:

At this point I'm pretty convinced about the ectobaby switcharound. When John sends "Bro" off through the meteor portal he's carrying a copy of Cal wearing Derse pajamas; the Act 6 intro shows post-scratch Cal still wearing them (along with very conspicuous shots of most of the other artifacts John sent off with the ectobabies.) My money's on John having sent his batch of slime babies into the post-scratch universe.

He also sent a very much living Maplehoof along with "Dave". We assume that Maplehoof's scorched corpse is a result of the meteor landing, but none of the other meteor cargo is damaged; the babies are unharmed, the flintlock pistols are in working condition, the bunnies aren't in any worse shape than when they were delivered, and we've never seen any signs of scorch marks on Cal. So I'm guessing that Maplehoof arrived in post-scratch Earth safe and sound and is still alive there, but one of the guardiankids will accidentally barbecue her before sending her charred corpse back to Earth with a fresh ectodave.

Surprise Noodle
Aug 25, 2011

Arrhythmia posted:

Also, I doubt that they'd have a class of Princess when every character is already a prince/princess of Prospit/Derse.
Eridan says hi.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

As was the kids.

Yeah, and they wound up scratching their universe, presumably fixing that issue, but spawning a newer one that may just be worse (seeding the universe for Lord English.)

Gabriel Pope posted:

At this point I'm pretty convinced about the ectobaby switcharound. When John sends "Bro" off through the meteor portal he's carrying a copy of Cal wearing Derse pajamas; the Act 6 intro shows post-scratch Cal still wearing them. My money's on John having sent his batch of slime babies into the post-scratch universe.

He also sent a very much living Maplehoof along with "Dave". We assume that Maplehoof's scorched corpse is a result of the meteor landing, but none of the other meteor cargo is damaged; the babies are unharmed, the flintlock pistols are in working condition, the bunnies aren't in any worse shape than when they were delivered, and we've never seen any signs of scorch marks on Cal. So I'm guessing that Maplehoof arrived in post-scratch Earth safe and sound and is still alive there, but one of the guardiankids will accidentally barbecue her before sending her back to Earth with a fresh ectodave.
Oh man, that's a nice catch there. I can't say I'm on-board with the theory, but I can't completely discount it. This'll be really interesting.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

sansuki posted:

NO. How in the hell do you have three buck teeth?!?

John... was not a very good ectobiologist.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."

Android Blues posted:

I imagine they're still ecto-clones of themselves, and their guardians/grandparents are their ectobiological children. That seems most likely anyway!

e: it seems likely as well that Heart and Mind will be amongst the Scratched titles what with the hoodies (which in the store are listed, "as worn by ????, the ???? of Mind/Heart"), which leaves Heart/Mind/Time/Space. But then there's the Life and Hope drops in the new intros so who knows!

Hussie already said he was going to be releasing all twelve designs. Plus we already have a hero of mind (Terezi). The heroes of hope, life, void, and heart are all dead, though which is why we're speculating the scratchkids will be filling those slots.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Update posted:

You think you might be grounded now? Whatever, DAD!

Yes. Let's hear more about this, Andrew Hussie. I am fascinated. :allears:

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
Oh my god, Bro's hair is a thing of majesty.

clockwork chaos
Sep 15, 2009

Ealier and naver? Wonder what's up with the misspellings

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

quote:

Ealier this morning you thought you heard the mail truck, even though the mail naver

Hussie, are you drunk

E: f;b

Gizmotinker
Oct 31, 2011

WILL COACH 4 RARES

Great at giving unsolicited bad advice in the Dota2 thread without having a public profile! You see, it's his shitty teammates that hold him back; he wouldn't want you thinking it's him.

His posts make it sound like he's playing a different game. Seriously.
Maid of Life (Feferi 2.0)

Page of Hope (Eridan 2.0)

Knight of Space (Bro has sweet teleports)

Seer of Time (too drunk to tell it)

We already know that the remaining two heroes, because every session needs to create a new universe, and be able to reset itself. Responsibilities of heroes of Space and Time respectively. There was a strong implication that a Knight and a Seer are crucial to all Sessions.

clockwork chaos
Sep 15, 2009

And it's already fixed! Hot drat he's fast.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

clockwork chaos posted:

And it's already fixed! Hot drat he's fast.

Given how many tweets etc. he probably got about it...

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Gizmotinker posted:

We already know that the remaining two heroes, because every session needs to create a new universe, and be able to reset itself. Responsibilities of heroes of Space and Time respectively. There was a strong implication that a Knight and a Seer are crucial to all Sessions.

Man that gives us like 3 heroes of space and time. I'm still leaning towards the Void/Heart concept; maybe paradox space knows that there are a couple of extra Heroes of Spacetime heading for the new universe and decides those titles can be skipped.

Betting Bro is the Rogue of Void, on account of that was Equius's title and they've both got the weirdo factor going. Also I do think that Void is going to be pretty important to the story; the Mindfang journals brought up the concept that Equius and his ancestor had the natural power of obscuring Doc Scratch's omniscience, so if Bro inherits similar powers that could be key.

EDIT: Also

MSPA posted:

You make a dutiful motion toward your TRUSTY FIREARMS, doing your part to assail the mushy carcass of a horse that passed away long ago, when suddenly a WILD CHARACTER-SELECT SCREEN APPROACHES!!!!!!!!!!

I know this is just a metaphor for beating a dead horse in response to the long-running arms gag, but maybe I should rescind the prediction about Maplehoof being safe and sound on post-scratch Earth :v: I'm still feeling good about the rest of the prediction, though, and take the mention of horse carcasses as a possible hint.

the holy poopacy fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Nov 12, 2011

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Gizmotinker posted:

Well, Bro and Mom don't necessarily need to be the ones to fill those roles. After all, there's a Witch-God of Space on her way, and I imagine Dave and Aradia, between the two of them, can probably handle Time.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
I clicked on Jake and now I'm just going to let Hussie do his thing back and forth down there. 'Panel not done yet' messages are quickly becoming one of my favorite things about homestuck. :allears:

marsattacks
Apr 2, 2011

Fortis posted:

I clicked on Jake and now I'm just going to let Hussie do his thing back and forth down there. 'Panel not done yet' messages are quickly becoming one of my favorite things about homestuck. :allears:

I will never get tired of dancing Hussie.

(also thanks for pointing that out, I hadn't even thought to click on Jake yet)

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

As was the kids.
Wasn't the glitch the fact that the pre-scratch trolls didn't originate from their game session? Not that they could not win due to Jack Noir killing everyone like the kids, whose rise to power was seemingly caused by Karkat's improper frog breeding.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Nate RFB posted:

Wasn't the glitch the fact that the pre-scratch trolls didn't originate from their game session? Not that they could not win due to Jack Noir killing everyone like the kids, whose rise to power was seemingly caused by Karkat's improper frog breeding.

The Glitch presumably takes different forms, but ultimately makes a session unwinnable. At least, that's how I took it.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

"Panels not done yet" was a thing before this? I guess it happened during those scrapbook pages during Doc Scratch.

tentawesome
May 14, 2010

Please don't troll me online
Does this mean that Dadbert is around? :f5:

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Level Slide posted:

"Panels not done yet" was a thing before this? I guess it happened during those scrapbook pages during Doc Scratch.

Yeah, it included arms-flailing-on-keyboard Hussie, in-your-face-close-up Hussie, and THAT loving WOLF.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

King of Solomon posted:

The Glitch presumably takes different forms, but ultimately makes a session unwinnable. At least, that's how I took it.
It's been a long time since it was mentioned but I don't think an unwinnable session (defined as a session in which the players were not successful) is the definition of the glitch. I think in one of Rose and Scratch's conversations, where they first talk about the tumor, Scratch mentions that the fact that the kids can no longer win is actually of little importance. Where as later during the ancestor interlude, Scratch very specifically states what the glitch is (that the players were not ectobiologically created from their session), and that that was what LE used to mark a universe for entrance.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Walliard posted:

Yeah, it included arms-flailing-on-keyboard Hussie, in-your-face-close-up Hussie, and THAT loving WOLF.

That explains why I didn't understand the wolf when it showed up.

tentawesome posted:

My headcanon personal fantasy says he tricked the universe into giving him Doc Scratch like powers. Depending on how many real life friends John had, I'm sure Dad has some skill in being a host.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Level Slide posted:

It showed up earlier, back around one of the recaps. It's the loving wolfhead from The Neverending Story.

I hope Dad hasn't changed at all. I just want Dadbert to be a universal constant.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Nate RFB posted:

It's been a long time since it was mentioned but I don't think an unwinnable session (defined as a session in which the players were not successful) is the definition of the glitch. I think in one of Rose and Scratch's conversations, where they first talk about the tumor, Scratch mentions that the fact that the kids can no longer win is actually of little importance. Where as later during the ancestor interlude, Scratch very specifically states what the glitch is (that the players were not ectobiologically created from their session), and that that was what LE used to mark a universe for entrance.

I think the important thing is the difference between your definition of unwinnable and mine. My definition- as far as this is concerned- is that it is impossible to win, and always has been. The Kids' universe (pre-Scratch) is cancerous and has a tumor instead of the place you put the Genesis Frog to spawn the new universe.

The specific glitch of the Ancestors' session is that they were not spawned in their session as they should be, but the result is the important part here. Also, the Scratch itself is what prepares Lord English for entry. Hence why Jade was raised by Becquerel while Jake is presumably being raised by Doc Scratch or Lord English (as can be seen by his name.)

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Level Slide posted:

It's been around for a while.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Nate RFB posted:

Well, Scratch did specifically say it was the symptom of the glitch, not necessarily the glitch itself. Probably one of those misleading truth things I guess.

Also, I can't wait to see older versions of Dave and Rose, if they show up. Just because a lot of their interests were defined by or in opposition to their guardians.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

tentawesome posted:

What...what if the Dad of this universe is new equivalent to Doc Scratch?

Cracky
Feb 11, 2007

are you one of those guys who likes big fatties and the big fatties have got big fatty dildos in their nose and they barf and they barf and its so gross.
Jake is so goony, I love it.

I was also happy to see NB and HD again.
Who knows, maybe they're exiles in the new session.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Bobulus posted:

What...what if the Dad of this universe is new equivalent to Doc Scratch?

Combine Cueball && Pipe && BARK code?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spellman
May 31, 2011

The majesty of the wolf-head illuminated by carefully timed lightning is the only thing of value that will be lost when Homestuck goes to print.