Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Bobulus posted:

What...what if the Dad of this universe is new equivalent to Doc Scratch?

With both the powers of a First Guardian and limitless mangrit, he would truly be unstoppable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

I hope the troll romance quadrants gets a supplemental pamphlet of its own.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Daughter,

If you are reading this then you are grounded. You have finally become a woman. I am so proud of you.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

I think it's the username and avatar combo going on there, but that letter feels so bare without a novel's worth of exposition and hyphens.

That said, I will be totally fine with Hussie going Xenogears disc 2 for Act 6 Act 2 and beyond :allears:

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Speculation time: a scratched version of the pre-scratch kids in the post-scratch session, but not as their guardians. It'll probably be the same as it was with the trolls, where they appeared as their ancestors. Though maybe we'll have them still be alive in the present in some capacity. Like, Jane's dad might be a scratched John but her actual guardian is Betty Crocker.

Also something has been bugging me. The troll ancestors in their session did not create themselves with ectobiology. Did it happen that when Karkat was doing his ectobiology thing he ended up producing them and sending them back in time to the pre-scratch universe? Or simply to earlier in his own universe? If it's the latter, then how were the ancestors in the pre-scratched universe formed? Maybe it'll happen here, in the post-scratch kids universe somehow?

Sorry if that was confusing.

Also, more speculation: the post-scratch kids won't have a hero of time or space. When the pre-scratch kids arrive, Dave and Jade will fill that role. They will have brought their own planets into the new incipisphere and created an 8 player session. It'll be a sort of fake bifurcation like the trolls had.

Kit Walker fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Nov 12, 2011

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.
Bro's color is orange, apparently. :psyduck:

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!

Kit Walker posted:

Speculation time: a scratched version of the pre-scratch kids in the post-scratch session, but not as their guardians. It'll probably be the same as it was with the trolls, where they appeared as their ancestors. Though maybe we'll have them still be alive in the present in some capacity. Like, Jane's dad might be a scratched John.

Also something has been bugging me. The troll ancestors in their session did not create themselves with ectobiology. Did it happen that when Karkat was doing his ectobiology thing he ended up producing them and sending them back in time to the pre-scratch universe? Or simply to earlier in his own universe? If it's the latter, then how were the ancestors in the pre-scratched universe formed? Maybe it'll happen here, in the post-scratch kids universe somehow?

Sorry if that was confusing.

When Karkat created the trolls and their ancestors ectobiologically, and they were sent through the defense portals, they were sent both to their own universe and the pre-scratch universe. Likewise, it's implied that the same thing happened with John and co., except everyone was sent from the pre-scratch universe's incipisphere.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Lupus Rufus posted:

When Karkat created the trolls and their ancestors ectobiologically, and they were sent through the defense portals, they were sent both to their own universe and the pre-scratch universe. Likewise, it's implied that the same thing happened with John and co., except everyone was sent from the pre-scratch universe's incipisphere.

Ah, that makes sense. Then the ancestors in the post-scratch troll session would've been born simply from the scratch.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

TheRagamuffin posted:

Bro's color is orange, apparently. :psyduck:
Corresponding with the Kernelsprites, of course.

of bees
Dec 28, 2009

Spellman posted:

Corresponding with the Kernelsprites, of course.

So will the new kernelsprites be the colors John/Rose/etc. all use?

Gizmotinker
Oct 31, 2011

WILL COACH 4 RARES

Great at giving unsolicited bad advice in the Dota2 thread without having a public profile! You see, it's his shitty teammates that hold him back; he wouldn't want you thinking it's him.

His posts make it sound like he's playing a different game. Seriously.
So, umm, have we attempted to reconcile Jane being a heiress to a Multiglobal(!) empire, named Crocker, apparent existence of The Condesce, and her guardian being male?

Or is that too close to the shipping grid talk?

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

quote:

You think you might be grounded now? Whatever, DAD!

This is a fakeout. Jane will go downstairs and the dad will be Crabdad.

*wooonnnnk*

:lost:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The DAD line may be a fakeout but oh man I am hoping so hard that it's the one we know and love.

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

The dad is obviously FedoraFreak.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Dad is going to be Lord English. In-fact, everyone in this new world expect the kids is Lord English. I don't mean multiple Lord English, just the one. He just pretends to be multiple people via time travel. Lord English is currently pretending to be Dad. He goes to the store that is staffed by himself in the past, is rung up by himself in the past, then goes home, makes a cake and watches himself on TV while it bakes.

Lord English is really, really bored.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
My question is: if Jane is the heiress to a vast multiglobal empire, why does she live in the suburbs?

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Ammat The Ankh posted:

My question is: if Jane is the heiress to a vast multiglobal empire, why does she live in the suburbs?

In post-scratch earth, those are opulent mansions. Non-rich people live in one-room houses.

Yes, even the toilets are in the same room.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Alternatively, Crocker owns all of them.

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
To further the parallels between sessions, her dad may hate all that Betty Crocker stands for, and want her to live a normal life in the 'burbs instead of siding with the batterwitch.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Gabriel Pope posted:

I know this is just a metaphor for beating a dead horse in response to the long-running arms gag, but maybe I should rescind the prediction about Maplehoof being safe and sound on post-scratch Earth :v: I'm still feeling good about the rest of the prediction, though, and take the mention of horse carcasses as a possible hint.

I think that this can only support my crackpot theory!

Hurry up and introduce Mom and Bro! They're obviously the best ghost slime parents and are going to be the best kids. Since Be Jane doesn't loop back to the flash yet I imagine some more pages in that sequence are going to be added before anything else is.

I hope that there continue to be heavy handed implications that Scratch/Lord English is raising the kids before it turns out that it's not the case.

AceO
Sep 23, 2010

Pierce, I can see you're really upset about this. I think you ought to sit down, take a stress pill, and think things over.

Android Blues posted:

I imagine they're still ecto-clones of themselves, and their guardians/grandparents are their ectobiological children. That seems most likely anyway!

e: it seems likely as well that Heart and Mind will be amongst the Scratched titles what with the hoodies (which in the store are listed, "as worn by ????, the ???? of Mind/Heart"), which leaves Heart/Mind/Time/Space. But then there's the Life and Hope drops in the new intros so who knows!

From waaaaayy back in the story:

We know Hussie hasn't forgotten it either, seeing as he very intentional framed it on this page where John and Karkat discuss the repercussions of the scratch.

These new players don't need a time and space player because Jade and Dave are their time and space player. She has their old planets with her too.

AceO fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Nov 12, 2011

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

I'm not seeing things, right? The text on the website just got bigger. Threw me for a loop as I hammered the Ctrl-0 key on Firefox.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Color Printer posted:

I'm not seeing things, right? The text on the website just got bigger. Threw me for a loop as I hammered the Ctrl-0 key on Firefox.

Ctrl + mousewheel up/down increases or decreases text size in most browsers on both windows and mac OS.

Jorenko
Jun 6, 2004

I think you're just mad 'cause you're single.
5 minutes left to Ask Hussie Anything. Go, goons, go!

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

President Ark posted:

Ctrl + mousewheel up/down increases or decreases text size in most browsers on both windows and mac OS.

Yeah but ctrl+0 resets it to default. Hussie made the text bigger on-site, I'm seeing it too.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Hussie posted:

oh no, 10 minutes is going to be way too long to leave it open
oh no
oh no…………….

There you go underestimating the readers again, Andrew.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Jorenko posted:

5 minutes left to Ask Hussie Anything. Go, goons, go!

Too bad I can't think of anything funny or intelligent to ask him.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
I couldn't think of a question. :saddowns:

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
50 billion questions, 49 billion of which were probably variations on if fat pantskat got tiger with nic cage, how would they type with boxing gloves on

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

A billion unique questions is a tad generous. But I agree there's at least one in the mix, because I sent one :v:

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
I asked him what his favorite non [s] page in Homestuck was, like we were doing a few days ago. I don't expect him to answer it though.

Also I asked him if Terezi can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch :v:

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

I asked him about the Bartle Test, because I am a bad person, and want him to introduce another complex concept to attach to the card suits.

quote:

The Bartle Test classifies players of multiplayer online games into categories based on their gaming preferences.

"Diamonds" are players who prefer to gain "points," levels, equipment and other concrete measurements of succeeding in a game. They will go to great lengths to achieve rewards that confer them little or no gameplay benefit simply for the prestige of having it.

"Spades", for their tendency to dig around, are players who prefer discovering areas, creating maps and learning about hidden places. They often feel restricted when a game expects them to move on within a certain time, as that does not allow them to look around at their own pace. They find great joy in discovering an unknown glitch or a hidden easter egg.

"Clubs" is a very accurate moniker for what the Killer likes to do. They thrive on competition with other players, and prefer fighting them to scripted computer-controlled opponents.

"Hearts" choose to play games for the social aspect, rather than the actual game itself. They gain the most enjoyment from a game by interacting with other players, and on some occasions, computer-controlled characters with personality. The game is merely a tool they use to meet others in-game or outside of it.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style
In other news, the cosplayers are already here.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Walliard posted:

Well, this is it. We've hit peak internet. Shut it down, we had a good run but it's over. See you all at the afterparty.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?

Walliard posted:

How. the. gently caress. are they so fast.

Ograbme
Jul 26, 2003

D--n it, how he nicks 'em
What is it with Homestuck cosplay and black people in the background?
"Yes officer, that's them".

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Walliard posted:

HOLY gently caress. I mean, really? Already?

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Ograbme posted:

What is it with Homestuck cosplay and black people in the background?
"Yes officer, that's them".

I think that's just a waiter showing someone to their table. Still pretty serendipitous, though.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Walliard posted:

I think that's just a waiter showing someone to their table. Still pretty serendipitous, though.

"Your table is over here sir. And be sure to point and laugh at the nerds as we pass by them."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cheapsteaks
Apr 25, 2008

Getting a heavy metal avatar leads to far fewer regrets than a heavy metal tattoo.
And I thought the Touhou series got fast fan art.