Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

1stGear posted:

Honestly, these are the best ones. The custom titles that are obviously a reference to an event on the forums and you know there must be a entertaining story behind them.
I'm a huge fan of ConfusedUs's title. I read the story behind a long time ago, but I can't remember where

Bees?
You want loving bees?
Here ya go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Liver
May 4, 2009

crazylakerfan posted:

I'm a huge fan of ConfusedUs's title. I read the story behind a long time ago, but I can't remember where

Bees?
You want loving bees?
Here ya go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!

I can't help but wonder what baffling turn of events led to that phrase.

Vizrt
Oct 1, 2009

Grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brotha', I hurt people.

crazylakerfan posted:

Bees?
You want loving bees?
Here ya go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!

If anyone wants more backstory on the avatar, the story is from the thread What's your worst experience with role-playing?.

Dickweasel Alpha
Feb 8, 2011

Mod Secrets #614 - Experto Crede is the one who bought most of those frog avatars

Vizrt posted:

If anyone wants more backstory on the avatar, the story is from the thread What's your worst experience with role-playing?.

Awww, that's the story behind it? I mean, that's interesting and all but I was hoping for a story that ended with the entwife fleeing in the woods because a gigantic cloud of bees was storming down upon her with a drone so loud that it made her branches break off.

On the other hand, :stare:

Nostalgamus
Sep 28, 2010

I love avatars that are made to fit the username.

RevlisYdoc
Jun 24, 2011

This owl. This fucking owl will not stop staring into my soul. Help.
Over at Punchsport Pagoda, I loved fatherdog's Gray Maynard "WHOA! BULLY FANTASTIC BODY" avatar/title. A shame that it is now Joe Son.

And because I love Adventure Time

edit:

RevlisYdoc has a new favorite as of 09:11 on Nov 5, 2011

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Fork Bombs cat, hahaha

Jack MacAskill
Feb 21, 2011

Still my favourite Vin Diesel movie.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.

http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/?webcomic_post=page-31

http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/?webcomic_post=page-46

Mr. D Bewildering
Mar 24, 2010

8^y

Oh! This reminds me: I saw another poster around with an avatar of Sir Bacon from this page: http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/?webcomic_post=page-41 (the "HAW" panel). Unfortunately, I don't even remotely remember the poster :(

madlilnerd
Jan 4, 2009

a bush with baggage

Jack MacAskill posted:

I love madlilnerd's, not because it's an especially good avatar, or comic even, but I can't scroll past it without reading it aloud in my head and that is great.
Can't find which one it's from exactly, that is usually pretty easy.

Yaaaaay! bigfatspacko_uk once told me he hated my avatar because he couldn't help reading "fucks sake, want a cock?" instead.

The panel is from one of the batch comics.

edit: my favourite avatar/title is Devious Pudding's

madlilnerd has a new favorite as of 23:53 on Nov 13, 2011

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

The guy who had the mother/daughter threesome in the awkward sex stories thread had the best avatar. I honestly don't remember his name.

Lolitas Alright!
Sep 15, 2007

This is your friend.
She fights for your freedom.

Mr.Bond posted:

The guy who had the mother/daughter threesome in the awkward sex stories thread had the best avatar. I honestly don't remember his name.

That would be user rxcowboy.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Mr. D Bewildering posted:

Oh! This reminds me: I saw another poster around with an avatar of Sir Bacon from this page: http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/?webcomic_post=page-41 (the "HAW" panel). Unfortunately, I don't even remotely remember the poster :(

I'm pretty sure that that would be Shlapintogan. Say his name out loud.

Backup Snacks
Jan 27, 2006

WHO THE FUCK TOLD ME NOT TO SPOKE?

The Fresh Prince posted:

I've always been a fan of Steve Holt's Avatar/Custom Title/Username

edit:

After getting into Adventure Time, you definitely have one of my favorite avatars and Steve Holt! always gets a stupid grin from me.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

I just kinda like this one.

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!

Jack MacAskill posted:

Oh God what is happening? :gonk:

Of course, there's also Liesmith's take on it:

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Billy Tully posted:

Fork Bombs cat, hahaha

I too love Fork Bomb's avatar. Tuxedo cats are the best cats.

PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*
Shaky goofy gif cats are the best cats.

Nagasaur
Apr 8, 2009

That one and the guy whose one is where its a gif of the guy who was forced to eat his own beard. Does anyone have that? It cracks me up.

KRILLIN IN THE NAME
Mar 25, 2006

:ssj:goku i won't do what u tell me:ssj:

Kerbtree posted:

Of course, there's also Liesmith's take on it:

Where's this picture from? I remember seeing it as a kid ages ago, HOMM II right?

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

KRILLIN IN THE NAME posted:

Where's this picture from? I remember seeing it as a kid ages ago, HOMM II right?

I think it's from Might & Magic IV: Clouds of Xeen or Might & Magic V: Dark Side of Xeen, awesome pre-Heroes of Might & Magic DOS-era RPGs

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
A guy named Doc Uzuki posts in the Xenogears LP thread.

In Xenogears, a character named Citan Uzuki who is a doctor more or less tricks his friends into consuming human flesh.

Citan is one of the main characters and a good guy.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.
I've seen a few posters with avatars like this:

I figure this is a good enough place to ask if anyone knows where it's from because I do think they're interesting.

Phthisis
Apr 16, 2007

"Maybe some dolphins have sex for pleasure."

Reiche posted:

I figure this is a good enough place to ask if anyone knows where it's from because I do think they're interesting.

Assuming that's what you mean, the character is Coyote from a pretty good webcomic called Gunnerkrigg Court.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Reiche posted:

gunnerkrigg court. It has a thread where the author posts in BSS, and remains my favorite webcomic. It's pretty popular off the site, too. Be warned that the author's art starts out mediocre to shoddy before it becomes amazing over time.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

Phthisis posted:

Assuming that's what you mean, the character is Coyote from a pretty good webcomic called Gunnerkrigg Court.

Yonic Symbolism posted:

gunnerkrigg court. It has a thread where the author posts in BSS, and remains my favorite webcomic. It's pretty popular off the site, too. Be warned that the author's art starts out mediocre to shoddy before it becomes amazing over time.

Thanks! I'll be checking it out.

A Nice Boy
Feb 13, 2007

First in, last out.
Still my favorite of all time.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

A guy named Doc Uzuki posts in the Xenogears LP thread.

In Xenogears, a character named Citan Uzuki who is a doctor more or less tricks his friends into consuming human flesh.

Citan is one of the main characters and a good guy.

You can't post that and not post TDI's own Avatar:

elitebuster
Dec 26, 2010

I know its super dooper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches

Lance Streetman posted:

You can't post that and not post TDI's own Avatar:

I wish I had a screenshot of his Nowe one, it pissed him off when someone gave it to him and replaced waving Yonah.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

elitebuster posted:

I wish I had a screenshot of his Nowe one, it pissed him off when someone gave it to him and replaced waving Yonah.

Oh, you mean this one?

"I'm loving this poo poo!"

It should have been "Am I loving this poo poo?"

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

CrunchyTaco posted:

I always loved that taco and one day I decided I would make that taco mine.

You should flip it, invert and be BizarroMantaco!

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Who's the PYF poster with the Kate Beaton "Old as Balls" avatar? I smile every time I see it. And IIRC, he's also a pretty cool dude.

(Kate Beaton owns)

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

I love that avatar, too.

Mr. D Bewildering
Mar 24, 2010

8^y
Catpants McStabby has quite the interesting and addicting avatar.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Eggplant Wizard posted:

I have no idea if this is even current anymore, but I love the hell out of it. :3:

Eggplant you have the cutest avatar :3:

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

Mr. D Bewildering posted:

Catpants McStabby has quite the interesting and addicting name.

FTFY.

Avatar is funny though, but that name just seems irrationally amusing to me.

DemonTrigger
May 30, 2011

I'M MAKIN' IT GP RAIN

bandunk's Drunk Raine avatar never fails to amuse me.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

The Worst Unicorn continues to prove that she's horribly named with this awesome avatar:

The original image:

The image it's based off of:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadly Chlorine
Nov 8, 2009

The accumulated filth of all the dog poop and hairballs will foam up about their waists and all the catladies and dog crazies will look up and shout "Save us!"
... and I'll look down and whisper
"No."

Penguingo posted:

Hahaa what the gently caress
Which reminds me, you have one of my favourite avatars. Goddamn it always reminds me of your baby character in that Dwarf Fortress LP. :3:

• Locked thread