Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Triumphant
Sep 2, 2011

Yeah, I've seen Robocop. Bitches, leave.

KittenmittenKameha posted:

Wow. Those were my crushes when I was, like, five. My childhood feels violated. Thanks.

One of the advantages about being really into Nightmare Before Christmas when I was 5 was that I gave up on the notion that horrible people weren't clinging to my childhood years and years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreyLondon
Jul 4, 2010

RazorBunny posted:

My first crush was Kermit the Frog, and until proven wrong (oh god please don't) I am going to cling to the belief that no one has inappropriately sexual thoughts about him :ohdear:

I am so sorry. :nws:

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Question Mark Mound posted:

For the things that work, at what point are they no longer "alternative medicine" and become, simply, "medicine"?

Once they are scientifically proven to work, they are usually adopted into conventional medicine. You know, like how aspirin is prescribed by regular doctors even though its working ingredient is extracted from willow bark?

So basically, saying "alternative medicine" is like being a "cryptozoologist."

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009

Panzerschwein posted:

What's green and slimy and smells like bacon?

A student's refrigerator?

Hedera Helix
Sep 2, 2011

The laws of the fiesta mean nothing!

Defiance Industries posted:

Once they are scientifically proven to work, they are usually adopted into conventional medicine. You know, like how aspirin is prescribed by regular doctors even though its working ingredient is extracted from willow bark?

So basically, saying "alternative medicine" is like being a "cryptozoologist."

Hey now, at the very least cryptozoology has inspired some pretty good fiction over the years. :colbert:

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

GreyLondon posted:

Oh god I don't know if I can live in a world where I know this exists. Why did I look?

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Panzerschwein posted:

What's green and slimy and smells like bacon?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amplexus

I used to be very guilty of 'ostracizers are evil' until I was in my early 20s - oh, I'd be such a cruel person for just walking out on them, I'd be devastated if they did that me, maybe they'll get better...I have exactly two long-term friends from my teenage years, and both times we broke away from the mutual group we knew because the rest were these same broken losers that I'm relieved I wasn't alone in knowing, growing up. The guy who said we were all 'deities' over space or matter or time; the girl who said she was astrally taking classes at the X-Men's school; the kid who thought he was an invincible anime and walked in front of a moving truck to prove it (he miraculously was just bruised up, so maybe he was an anime).

My own 'Denise' was a girl I knew through high school and college: unfortunately horse-faced, horrid hygiene, 'Wiccan', and eventually furry. When we first met at 15 I thought something was legitimately wrong with her, like a learning disability or something. I hated the way she was bullied, I hated being bullied, and figured heck, maybe in friendship we could support one another. And in some ways it helped, but in looking back all these years later I don't think she ever wanted help. There was something about the roundabout way all attention came back to her and her fantasies - the disingenuous handling of family and friends no matter how often we paid for meals or endured her madness - even now it makes me a bit angry to think about. Uglynoodles' story of Denise refusing to help out because she was saving for Dollfies brought that back a little.

At one point she made a suicide attempt (sideways with a butter knife) that still scared her parents enough to commit her for a couple weeks. She hated it, but at the same time being seen by mental health professionals and getting prescribed treatment changed her for the better. She bathed, she took her medicine, she paid attention to classes, she got a part-time job. She honestly seemed as if she'd overcome her issues...then she recognized that she would have to deal with this for life.

It was easier to be lazy, to claim disability and to pretend fairies were speaking to her than it was to work at being a productive member of society. She refused to see therapists, would only take herbal medications and her hippy, milquetoast parents decided they'd rather deal with her being harmlessly crazy at home, cat ear headband in her unwashed hair, horse tail pinned to her ratty peasant skirt, dutifully caring for her seven stuffed animal 'children' (who were also horses and sometimes cats).

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

Sometimes I feel like this.

GreyLondon posted:

For gently caress's sake, pigs have way more nipples than that.

Also, this one is my favorite:

RazorBunny fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Nov 12, 2011

Red_October_7000
Jun 22, 2009

Vagabundo posted:

Oh god I don't know if I can live in a world where I know this exists. Why did I look?

That's not disgusting, it's hysterical. I may be a poor judge of this since back when goatse.cx was a thing when I actually steeled myself and visited the site my reaction was basically "Huh, is that what all the fuss is about? Just some random dude's clean, healthy, (albeit very stretchy) bunghole? The average page in a textbook showing the presentation of venereal diseases is worse than that!" I'm sure there are truly disquieting images of the Muppets characters out there, but that ain't it.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

GreyLondon posted:

The artist signature is the best part.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007

Lowen SoDium posted:

The people were just so horned up and ready to gently caress, but couldn't rationalize any way to do that with out getting married. I am not purposing people just sleep around, but you should definitively have sex with someone before you are married. If nothing else, because you can figure out if you really have feelings for them that extend beyond wanting to have sex.

It turns out that most of them didn't because about a 1/3 of them ended up divorced with in 5 years. Sanctity of Marriage in deed.

For some reason around here in western PA there are tons of these people. A friend of mine did exactly this, and hes now getting divorced after only 2 years.

Why? Because his wife won't have sex with him because it physically hurts her. He claims his dick isn't big but it still won't fit, and she won't do anything to fix the situation because "it's a sin to masturbate". What really sucks is that hes a fat slob and shes quite good looking, and he'll most likely never do any better.

If that isn't like the perfect story against not having sex before marriage, I don't know what is.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Just wanted to say to the OP: I read all your posts. Great stuff. I have never met anyone as crazy as Denise or Brian in my life.

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

PutinOnTheRitz posted:

I seriously bordered on being "that girl", I think. I was smart enough to keep it all pretty much secret though. Unfortunately my elementary school friend (Who is also a goon, Hi Sarah!) who pops up every now and then likes to fill in my current friends on my bullshit pseudo-furry gay roleplay past.
Hey. That possibly wasn't even me, it might have been other Sarah's fault.

Anyways, yeah, D. I always felt bad for her because everyone in school was pretty awful to her except for like me and one other person, and I mean, even I used to look at her DeviantART to feel better about myself. But I remember some people would go out of their way to scream nasty poo poo at her in gym class and such. I was in that writing class too, and she was actually really skilled as a writer sometimes, but it was so weird and random when it would happen. Like, she'd write awful poems that were thinly disguised bitchfests about the English teacher or whatever but then she'd write a story about whatever we decided the word for the sex demon was and, content aside, it would actually contain pretty vivid, well-described imagery.

There was no good to be found in her art, however. And it was all documenting her fetishes online. She put personal information like her hometown out there with all of her pencil crayon on lined paper drawings of strange fantasy creature bondage. And yet, as it seems to be a common theme with the Denises of the world, none of them were really... explicit, just strange. No genitalia or anything. She told everyone in school about her imaginary boyfriend who lived in her basement (I guess once she got sick of the online boyfriend story) bumfucking her every night but I don't think she had any idea what that entailed in real life.

Here is an example of one of her better ones.

She was 18 when she drew this.

KittenmittenKameha
Sep 8, 2011

GreyLondon posted:

NO YOU'RE NOT :barf:

RalAegidius
Nov 12, 2004

It's a crow. In a box.

Cobalt Chloride posted:

I was drawing better than that in 6th grade. Entrepreneur that I was, I discovered I could make money by drawing custom dragons for other kids on blank index cards.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

.... Arms and legs don't bend that way.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
I can't actually tell what is going on in that picture. Perhaps it is for the best.

Absolute Lithops
Aug 28, 2011

After one long season
of waiting, after one
long season of wanting
I feel so sorry for the patchwork dog. It looks so sad :ohdear:

That Damn Satyr
Nov 4, 2008

A connoisseur of fine junk

Cobalt Chloride posted:

At first I looked at the picture and was like, 'It's a cat thing on a swing..?' but now I guess it's bondage furry... molestation stuff? :ohdear:

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

hallo spacedog posted:

.... Arms and legs don't bend that way.

Sure they do, it just takes a little force.

uglynoodles
May 28, 2009

From the Kat Files:

quote:

Also, something you may have forgotten---she brought that binding shirt and fake penis along, too. I thought I'd give you the pleasure of that story.

Hahaha, I had forgotten about that. Thank you. And of course by thank you I mean :barf: I guess I'll tell that story later.

quote:

*QUICK NOTE: At this point, Denise has completed the transition to Parrier.

I can't remember the exact details of Denise tagging along, either. I think I might have brought it up once, because I thought it would be fairly rude if I went without her knowing. Bad idea. She latched on like a slug. She left it all to me to arrange, between booking the flight and communicating with Uglynoodles. Frankly, I wouldn’t have trusted her plans. Her plans tended to be insubstantial. When I was young, my parents got me into the Scouting organization. At this point, I'd been in the organization for almost 9 years, and it taught me enough leadership and life skills to recognize that bad end.

So, I took her along to the travel center and we planned our trip. Or, rather, the travel agent and I spoke in a language unfamiliar to Denise, who supposedly knows many languages but can't remember them since she's stuck in this form. Everything was done, the flight was booked... time to pay.

Denise didn't have enough money because she bought whatever. Would I please spot her the cash and she'd pay me on her next pay cheque? Actually, I don't think she said please. I think she just gave me a look after mentioning that her account was a bit short. Fortunately for her, I don't buy very much useless crap. I had been saving for several months for this. I had enough for two of them if I bought the tickets with the money I had allotted for spending. I think the travel agent and I exchange a look when I put both tickets on my debit card.

I can't remember if Denise had flown before. If she had, it had been a while. I think she might have said something about not trusting a plane to fly because she was a dragon, but at this point it was 7:30am, I had been up since 4:30, and could care less. I don't remember much about the flight, except that on the way back I was really, really glad that the airport assigned us seats away from each other. It's a four hour flight.

Now, I was excited. Ugly was living in a fairly important city--I had visited once, when I was 7. Most of my dad's family lives in that province, and I was very happy to experience the sights and sounds. It's a lot bigger than the place I had come from. Denise was not as excited. At first, she shared Ugly's and my enthusiasm for walking around. But after that, she just looked at the things we'd point out, and just be like "Cool." and then, still later, "Meh."

"Meh." is a favourite expression of hers. Often, I'd encounter it over the phone with her. Denise liked to talk. Not converse, talk. Even odder, she sometimes didn’t want to talk, which led to long silences as she did something on a game. Anytime I’d suggest that I could call back later, she’d say something along the lines of “it’s okay,” “no, I can talk,” or, unfathomably, “why?”

It’s little ticks like this that set me off. Uglynoodles and I would blow of steam together, ranting about poo poo like this. When I visited her, we caught up on a whole two years' worth. It's just not the same unless have a tete-a-tete.

And just for fun, here's a Very Vivid Moment from earlier in the timeline just to tide you over whilst I write about the fake flapping dong and the binding shirt.

The morning after Denise tried to make out with me whilst pretending to be an animu guy, we got up and went to the fridge for some food and drink. I made myself a cup of tea and sat down on the couch in front of the TV, but didn't turn it on. I was well and truly weirded out.
"Hey," I said after a full minute of silence, and blew at the tendrils of steam rising above my cup. "You know last night... When that anime guy took over your body?"
"What? That happened?"
"That's what you told me happened," I replied. My focus never wavered from the blank, grey glass of the television screen.
"I told you that? What?"
"The anime guy told me it happened. Well, you know, when that happened... Does that happen with your cousin around?"
"Why?" she asked as she hit the power switch on the PS2 console. The TV hummed to life. As simplistic glowing dots flowed around on the loading screen, images flashed before my mind's eye; Hideous images from which there was no escape. Flesh rubbing flesh, unibrow against unibrow. At first I thought it was nausea but a feeling came to me, sudden and intense as being hit by a train. I felt connected to some part of nature that I couldn't readily explain as my thoughts spelled out what Denise was about to speak even before she said the words.
Get out. this mystical ancient wisdom told me. Run, it whispered.

Too late.

"Sometimes they possess us," she said. I knew it. "Sometimes Myotismon talks through me and sometimes Sephiroth talks through her."
"Mmm," I said in wordless affirmation, encouraging her to continue. She began unwinding the controller cord.
"I don't remember when I'm taken over."
"So if Myotismon wanted to kiss Melissa, that'd happen?"
"That's not happened before," she said, apparently unaware of the words she'd uttered to me in a husky voice to quite the contrary, mere hours before. "They're always well-behaved. Besides, if they're not, the Admiral can always beat them up afterwards."

Viola the Mad
Feb 13, 2010
Who is the Admiral?

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.
In case anybody was wondering, that guy Denise was talking about? The Myotismon guy?

That's him. MMMMM, sexy.

Edit: Here, have one from the anime:

Lance Streetman fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Nov 13, 2011

Fascinator
Jan 2, 2011

The four stages of E/N posting.

Lance Streetman posted:

Edit: Here, have one from the anime:

He looks so disappointed to be here in this thread.

SullivanPRIME
Mar 17, 2009

Fascinator posted:

He looks so disappointed to be here in this thread.

In his opinion, Denise's behavior es muy malo

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

It probably shouldn't be that hilarious, but I can't help but laugh at the fact that Denise openly admits a pokemon speaks and kisses another girl through her.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

The Saddest Rhino posted:

It probably shouldn't be that hilarious, but I can't help but laugh at the fact that Denise openly admits a pokemon speaks and kisses another girl through her.

Digimon, actually. :spergin:

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
[sad rhino]^^ Worst bit is, it isn't even a pokemon. It's a digimon. Those died off, I think. Pokemon endures.

Just think about that.

Also, ugh, I wish I hadn't remembered which one was myotismon. At least it wasn't the angel chick. Or maybe that would've been better. It's hard to tell.

But uh... myotismon & sephrioth? ugh. That is a weird answer to question I think I asked ages ago.

And that doesn't even touch upon that patchwork thing (poor patchwork thing).

e. cocks, beaten.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Zenostein posted:

[sad rhino]^^ Worst bit is, it isn't even a pokemon. It's a digimon. Those died off, I think. Pokemon endures.

Just think about that.

Nope, the Digimon brand is still going strong. If I recall correctly, a new cartoon series finished airing in Japan some months ago. The same is true with Yugioh and some other trading card/monster games.

Those brands have resilience.

mad carl
Feb 11, 2009
There's a common tendency of people on the autism spectrum to develop emotional attachments or attractions to inanimate objects. It seems reasonable to think that the romantic fascination with characters from media could be related to this in some way, though that's not to say that every person mentioned in this thread places on that particular spectrum (I really doubt that microanalysis would hold any merit, based on the information presented we could of course infer any number of diagnoses). In perhaps its most extreme (and rare) form it's called 'object sexuality', but it's very common for autistics to have emotional, nonsexual attachments to inanimate objects.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Object_sexuality

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun

mad carl posted:

There's a common tendency of people on the autism spectrum to develop emotional attachments or attractions to inanimate objects. It seems reasonable to think that the romantic fascination with characters from media could be related to this in some way, though that's not to say that every person mentioned in this thread places on that particular spectrum (I really doubt that microanalysis would hold any merit, based on the information presented we could of course infer any number of diagnoses). In perhaps its most extreme (and rare) form it's called 'object sexuality', but it's very common for autistics to have emotional, nonsexual attachments to inanimate objects.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Object_sexuality

My mam often anaesthetises special needs people for surgery at the local hospital and sees this a lot with autistic kids - not in a sexual way, but they have a very deep attachment to things. It's normal for kids to want a soft toy or something with them to cuddle in recovery, but the autistic kids bring in all sorts.
One girl is absolutely besotted with a wooden spoon. She was distraught when her carers tried to take it away from her, so the doctors let her hold it while she was being anaesthetised and gave it back to her before she came round after the surgery. There's a little boy who has the same deal with a toy digger. It's made of plastic and has a lot of corners, so it can't be very comfortable, but he cuddles it like it's a baby. It's quite sweet in an odd sort of way. :3:

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

King of Solomon posted:

Digimon, actually. :spergin:

And the other girl's her cousin.

So there's like layers and layers to this.

Sir Prancelot
Mar 7, 2008

:h:Knight of the
Rainbow Table.:h:

uglynoodles posted:

"Sometimes they possess us," she said. I knew it. "Sometimes Myotismon talks through me and sometimes Sephiroth talks through her."
"Mmm," I said in wordless affirmation, encouraging her to continue. She began unwinding the controller cord.
"I don't remember when I'm taken over."
"So if Myotismon wanted to kiss Melissa, that'd happen?"
"That's not happened before," she said, apparently unaware of the words she'd uttered to me in a husky voice to quite the contrary, mere hours before. "They're always well-behaved. Besides, if they're not, the Admiral can always beat them up afterwards."
:staredog: Nothing I post about Chris will ever top this.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
i just marathoned through this thread. what i am not quite sure of, though, is why

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

SexyBlindfold posted:

i just marathoned through this thread. what i am not quite sure of, though, is why

A deep, deep self-loathing.

Seriously though, this thread has been good fun for the most part.

modig
Aug 20, 2002
Once you finish the stories, you should package them up with the drawings as one hilarious and sad ebook.

MIDWIFE CRISIS
Nov 5, 2008

Ta gueule, laisse-moi finir.

uglynoodles posted:

Besides, if they're not, the Admiral can always beat them up afterwards."

The plot thickens :stare:

PutinOnTheRitz
Oct 25, 2010

Cobalt Chloride posted:

Ah there you are.

I went to her deviantart to find a more recent example but sadly(?) it looks like she's taken them all down since 2006ish. I don't want to encourage internet detectivry but trust me when I say her cosplay works are just as amazing as her artwork. I can't play left for dead without thinking of a wheezing, lisping hunter asking if I want to hear about the buggery her imaginary boyfriend and her got up to last night.

Mr. D Bewildering
Mar 24, 2010

8^y
This really shouldn't be the question I have to ask at this point, but how many legs does that grey wolf-thing have?

And the fact that she had to add the heart in later with MSPaint is killing me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RalAegidius
Nov 12, 2004

It's a crow. In a box.

Mr. D Bewildering posted:

This really shouldn't be the question I have to ask at this point, but how many legs does that grey wolf-thing have?

It appears to have four arms. Legs are indeterminate, but presumably at least two. I guess it takes four to hold and fondle a...patchwork...dog...or whatever that poor thing is.

quote:

And the fact that she had to add the heart in later with MSPaint is killing me.

Symmetrical geometric shapes are hard. :allears:

• Locked thread