Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

haruspex posted:

It's around 5000 pages of updates, with as much text as the Lord of the Rings books (?) and several lengthy flashes, including one that lasts 15 minutes.

[s] Karkat: Wake Up probably takes a half hour through your first time to find all the little details and easter eggs and poo poo.

e: I'd say a bunch of the updates are single-panel little/no-text though, so it's not like they're all massive walls of text/flashtravaganzas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sepherothic
Feb 8, 2003

This is amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nrv0CGThaFM

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

President Ark posted:

[s] Karkat: Wake Up probably takes a half hour through your first time to find all the little details and easter eggs and poo poo.

e: I'd say a bunch of the updates are single-panel little/no-text though, so it's not like they're all massive walls of text/flashtravaganzas.

That's still an rear end-ton of comic, no matter how you slice it.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
We know that Doc Scratch engineers the races in the post-Scratch universes to be more adept at winning SxxxB. The trolls became bloodthirsty and competitive, with a penchant for building really tall houses. Here it looks like the change in the human race to allow them to better play the game is more highly advanced sylladex technology, which would definitely give the players an edge. I wonder what other facets of human society has changed. The "multiglobal empire" thing implies spacefaring technology, at least...

President Ark
May 16, 2010

Well Manicured Man posted:

We know that Doc Scratch engineers the races in the post-Scratch universes to be more adept at winning SxxxB. The trolls became bloodthirsty and competitive, with a penchant for building really tall houses. Here it looks like the change in the human race to allow them to better play the game is more highly advanced sylladex technology, which would definitely give the players an edge. I wonder what other facets of human society has changed. The "multiglobal empire" thing implies spacefaring technology, at least...

There is an implication on the page where she looks at her poster of movies, among other things, featuring TROLL HOWIE MANDEL (as opposed to just MONSTER HOWIE MANDEL) implies the trolls are involved in this poo poo somehow.

Or that's a red herring, either/or. :v:

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

President Ark posted:

Also, those links below each panel/update/whatever? The ones that say "Save Game/Auto-save/load game"?

Those actually do things - if you save and then press load game later, it returns you to the last page you saved on (or read with auto-save enabled). Uses cookies so if you delete those you lose that, but still handy if you read at a slowish pace.

Used cookies. Lost that.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

rotinaj posted:

Used cookies. Lost that.

Oh.

Better just keep track of where you are, then! V:v:V

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

President Ark posted:

Oh.

Better just keep track of where you are, then! V:v:V

Or just give up and never try again. :cool:

Jawat
Feb 7, 2010

WELCOME TO THE DARK CARNIVAL, BROTHER.
:oD
Hussie seems to really be pushing a lot of obvious hints about post-scratch kids parents being grown-up pre-scratch kids. I can't decide if just teasing us with something he knows we're all DIEING to see, or if he's using that knowledge to bait the hook and subvert our expectations...

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
When I was catching up on Homestuck and the save system started to forsake me (and I wanted to use a different computer), I used Instapaper to keep track of where I left off. v:shobon:v

edit:

Whatever, DAD!

Fortis fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Nov 13, 2011

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Between the Map, Log, Search, Save/Load game buttons, and good ol' fashioned bookmarks, it really shouldn't be too hard to keep track of where you were or where you're going.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
I was so paranoid about losing my place when reading Problem Sleuth and Homestuck that when I was done for the day (or more often the night) I would also bookmark the last page I read in addition to saving my game.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

rotinaj posted:

Or just give up and never try again. :cool:

Act 2

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
I really shouldn't be this excited about seeing Dad there, but god drat it I am. :neckbeard:

A Pretentious Owl
Mar 31, 2011

EB: it is true, it is a fact from an alien.
Update!

Well I don't know if that was completely expected or unexpected. He was honestly being a little heavyhanded with the foreshadowing, so I had started to think maybe it was a red herring. But I can't even tell you how happy I am to see him again :3:

QueerPope
May 1, 2010

Meow.

creationist believer posted:

Since it was the deal with Echidna that the pre-scratch Trolls made that led the conditions of their post-scratch universe, and Jade's deal with Echidna was to bring all the planets along, that would seem to imply that the denizens (or at least just Echidna) are in on Lord English's plot. They were just starting to seem benevolent too.

The deal was with Echidna? I was under the impression that the deal was with some other demon like a version of Doc Scratch who somehow wasn't there early enough.

Oh no! If Jane is raised by Dad, then that means John is currently in an urn by the fireplace :(

QueerPope fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Nov 13, 2011

_Endgame_
Jun 19, 2010

NERF THIS!
So hey DAD is actually DAD and is up to his usual shenanigans rejoice!

I wonder if by some vague way he ends up becoming the gent of piss in this scratched universe and is how nannasprite was talking to him from another universe technically?

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Hell yes it's Dad.

And it looks like we get a Pesterlog next update. Finally getting back into the swing of things.

Vise the Stompy
Mar 26, 2006

This cosmic dance; bursting decadence and withheld permissions, twists all our arms collectively. But, if sweetness can win, and it can, then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend....Peace!
Doctor Rope
All this talk about guardian kids has me wondering if we unknowingly already saw part of kid-mom's room here.

Edit: Woot Dad is back!

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
YES

HELL YES

HELL

loving

YES

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Sepherothic posted:

This is amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nrv0CGThaFM

I don't know how many times I have watched this

rokkit
Apr 2, 2010

HoNk hOnK HoNk hOnK HoNk!
So, is Bro's 'bunny' going to be Cal, or a smuppet? Because neither of those are 'innocuous,' for sure...

LadySage
Dec 26, 2005

AA: i am very much alive
AA: and i intend to stay that way :)
DADDY :neckbeard:

Jane is so adorable. Cutest smile.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
A man carries the car out back to the hose instead.

Oh Dad I missed you! :D

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
Dad's alive! :neckbeard:

H.R. Hufflepuff
Aug 5, 2005
The worst of all worlds

_Endgame_ posted:

So hey DAD is actually DAD and is up to his usual shenanigans rejoice!

I wonder if by some vague way he ends up becoming the gent of piss in this scratched universe and is how nannasprite was talking to him from another universe technically?

So what you're saying is fedorafreak and pipefan413 were both different instances of Dad?

Because that would be amazingly perfect.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style
That drat wallet.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

H.R. Hufflepuff posted:

So what you're saying is fedorafreak and pipefan413 were both different instances of Dad?

Because that would be amazingly perfect.

fedorafreak is way too emotionally distant to be Dad. Dad is a loving, nay, doting presence in John's life; fedorafreak's dialogue mostly consists of clinical talk about trousers.

Mr. D Bewildering
Mar 24, 2010

8^y

This is seriously way more adorable than it has any right to be.
She's kinda got a bit of :downs: going on.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

QueerPope posted:

The deal was with Echidna? I was under the impression that the deal was with some other demon like a version of Doc Scratch who somehow wasn't there early enough.

Nah, it was definitely with Echidna. Doc Scratch said they made a deal with "The Mother of all Monsters", and guess what Echidna was often referred to as in Greek mythology?

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010

Cheeseball IV posted:

YES

HELL YES

HELL

loving

YES

This succinctly sums up how I feel right now. I wonder why he forbade Jane from going outside, though.

Sepherothic
Feb 8, 2003

I am loving these fast updates again. I need to forget about this comic for a week or two and come back to a solid block of funky junk.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Dad is a universal constant: confirmed.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.
I can't wait for pesterlog shenanigans. It seems the new characters have already endeared themselves to this thread, myself included, but I think we're hitting "make-or-break" territory now.

Gizmotinker
Oct 31, 2011

WILL COACH 4 RARES

Great at giving unsolicited bad advice in the Dota2 thread without having a public profile! You see, it's his shitty teammates that hold him back; he wouldn't want you thinking it's him.

His posts make it sound like he's playing a different game. Seriously.
Calling it now, Grandpa John and Grandma Jade are dead and we should prepare for a Kernel Sprite Joker John pieing Jane in the face and taxidermized Jade being more difficult to deal with than when she was alive.

I'm still waiting on clarification whether the Condesce is Jane's mom or Dad's mom, as well as her precise identity.

Or... Post-Scratch Grandpa John is not dead and he was the one roaming the Medium on the Pre-Scratch Session... No, that's silly, John doesn't use guns.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Mr. D Bewildering posted:

This is seriously way more adorable than it has any right to be.
She's kinda got a bit of :downs: going on.
I couldn't help myself.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Radio Paranoia posted:

I can't wait for pesterlog shenanigans. It seems the new characters have already endeared themselves to this thread, myself included, but I think we're hitting "make-or-break" territory now.

I doubt we'll get the pesterlog next update, Hussie still has all those Jake panels to complete. Once Jake has had a long look around his room then he can pester Jane.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I was just thinking that there was a severe lack of Dad in the new universe :unsmith:

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

I think people are overthinking the whole scratch 'where did the various people come from' thing.

The simple (for Hussie) explanation, is that the original John (the one we know) made boths the kids and guardians, as shown, in the first session.

Then those babies were put on meteors and shot off into portals.

Now, whether or not we're talking pre- or post- scratch Earth, those meteors showed up. The only difference is the chronological order they showed up.

That's why everyone still has the stuff John gave to the babies.

The 'glitch', as mentioned, is that, were this session to continue as 'normal', the new Heroes would never create themselves. They'd know they showed up on meteors, but would have no explanation where they came from.

Now, whether Lord English is Already Here or not? We don't know that yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Bobulus posted:

Now, whether Lord English is Already Here or not? We don't know that yet.

We won't know that until we find out more about Jake's guardian. If it's Doc Scratch (as I have suggested in the past and Jake's surname implies), then yes, He is Already Here. If not, then I don't know.