Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

annatar
Jan 14, 2007
hellol
I wouldn't go straight to 'no ectobiology session' on the basis of that one line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Oh my god, you guys.

The new Mom and Bro haven't even been revealed yet and there's already a loving ask blog. Turnaround time on this poo poo is getting ridiculous.

Snollygoster
Dec 17, 2002

what a scoop

Chic Trombone posted:

Oh my god, you guys.

The new Mom and Bro haven't even been revealed yet and there's already a loving ask blog. Turnaround time on this poo poo is getting ridiculous.

Is... is this what role-playing is now for teens? Why can't they just kill orcs like we had to before Deviantart and Toonami?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Chic Trombone posted:

Oh my god, you guys.

I have to admit I rather like the designs for both of them

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Chic Trombone posted:

Oh my god, you guys.

I actually want them to look like this now because god drat. Also the gif for how hot Jane's dad is is pretty awesome.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Snollygoster posted:

Is... is this what role-playing is now for teens? Why can't they just kill orcs like we had to before Deviantart and Toonami?

Go put on your wizard robe and hat and wheel yourself off to the old folks home grampa. Take your ziploc bag of D20's and poo poo with you.

(i will be there too)

H.P. Shivcraft
Mar 17, 2008

STAY UNRULY, YOU HEARTLESS MONSTERS!

Chic Trombone posted:

Oh my god, you guys.

This absolutely fits with my earlier desire for post-scratch Mom to be Ke$ha and now I am scared that this is what "headcanon" feels like.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

In case you guys haven't pieced it together, the reason Jane is a huge fan of Betty Crocker is because Betty Crocker is no longer the cruel troll empress, but the benevolent one from a scratched reality.

You know w)(o I'm talking about.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
I am so loving confused at this point that I think I will just wait until Andrew explains it to me.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer
This is going to an interesting and mind-blowing ride down the alternate reality slide.

I wonder what the trolls are up to.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

H.P. Shivcraft posted:

This absolutely fits with my earlier desire for post-scratch Mom to be Ke$ha and now I am scared that this is what "headcanon" feels like.

You only have to be worried if you end up with feelings of extreme disappointment or anger when what you want to be true isn't.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Hjalmar posted:

In case you guys haven't pieced it together, the reason Jane is a huge fan of Betty Crocker is because Betty Crocker is no longer the cruel troll empress, but the benevolent one from a scratched reality.

You know w)(o I'm talking about.

Or, you know, the subliminal propaganda.

But the alternative would certainly fit the level of :psyduck: we've come to expect from this comic.

Some Strange Flea
Apr 9, 2010

AAA
Pillbug

Talorat posted:

I am so loving confused at this point that I think I will just wait until Andrew explains it to me.
Given previous hinting that the Guardians had a session of their own, the poster saying Alpha, and the glitched session scratching to make the ecto-session (and not vice-versa) in the case of the Trolls/Ancestors, it is completely possible that what we're seeing now isn't even the result of the kids' scratch!

This is just one of four or five ideas I have for what is actually happening regarding these god drat universes! There is so much ambiguity and potential for misdirection at this point that even beginning to speculate is a bit pointless really! So yeah, just rolling with it and seeing what happens seems like a pretty good idea!

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
"golgolthasTerror" huh.

Hmmmm...

This one should be interesting to figure out, that's for sure.

Also, something flickers across the bottom of the bettybother screen. Anyone know what it is? I can't hit the ESC key fast enough

Pastrymancy fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Nov 14, 2011

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Ugh so close to a pesterlog come oooooooooon

E: Hemera is apparently going to be her denizen?

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Oh boy, more mythology and symbolism :dance:

FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

I am very powerful, of course.

So we get a tease at a new Denizen, Betty Crocker has its own IM software, and the "chumhandles" are going to be the same initials, but with new words?

Good update. Best comic.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style
One of the messsages is "STAY ASLEEP". I wonder what Jane's got scribbled on her walls...

annatar
Jan 14, 2007
hellol
Even his pesterchum handle is terrifying.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

The ads flash to read "obey", "consume", "submit", "cease reproduction", and "stay asleep". Interesting!

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Okay, the subliminal messages are "Obey", "Consume", Submit", "Cease Reproduction", and "Stay Asleep".

That's just... really peachy.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

e: auuugh, beaten

Pastrymancy posted:

Also, something flickers across the bottom of the bettybother screen. Anyone know what it is? I can't hit the ESC key fast enough

Looks like all the windows flicker - I've been able to make out the messages "SUBMIT", "OBEY", and "STAY ASLEEP".

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Obviously we're looking at a kinder, gen(cease reproduction)tler Condesce.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

The flashing phrases remind me of They Live, though it took someone pointing them out for me to realize they were there in the first place.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

YggiDee posted:

Okay, the subliminal messages are "Obey", "Consume", Submit", "Cease Reproduction", and "Stay Asleep".

That's just... really peachy.

Isn't that interesting how we ordered them the same? I guess in order of "oh shi-", thinking on it.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Hahaha. I'm betting this means Betty Crocker is still an evil genocidal alien tyrant. And Jane isn't just a corporate shill she is actually brainwashed.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Mr. Pumroy posted:

Hahaha. I'm betting this means Betty Crocker is still an evil genocidal alien tyrant.
No, you're just being para(OBEY)noid. The trolls here are wise and nice and have always been as such.

annatar
Jan 14, 2007
hellol
Cease reproduction is the most interesting one.

Am I making this up or wasn't the whole troll romance / weird insect reproduction thing they had implied to have been imposed on them along with whatever fucks their blood?

annatar fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Nov 14, 2011

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Mr. Pumroy posted:

Hahaha. I'm betting this means Betty Crocker is still an evil genocidal alien tyrant.
She does at least appear to be a subtler evil genocidal alien tyrant.

"STAY ASLEEP" is a curious one. What's so heinous/advantagious to Ms. Crocker about sleep?

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

annatar posted:

Cease reproduction is the most interesting one.

Getting some Half-Life 2 vibes over here.

Meanwhile, someone has already claimed golgothasTerror.tumblr.com.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Paul.Power posted:

She does at least appear to be a subtler evil genocidal alien tyrant.

"STAY ASLEEP" is a curious one. What's so heinous/advantagious to Ms. Crocker about sleep?

I think STAY ASLEEP refers to Jane's dreamself on Prospit.

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

OPENING MY TAI CHI IS ABOUT AS APPEALING AS THE GOATMAN OPENING HIS ANUS
The Condesce's ship is on the Mars popup.

So, Condesce must have ventured into the post-scratch universe somehow.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Hmmm... if people STAY ASLEEP then their dreamselves are ALWAYS AWAKE. Maybe Betty Crocker outsources her labor to the Incipisphere where she can pay measly boonbucks to indentured dreamslaves to save money.

Brilliant really. Wouldn't be surprised if she's in the Fortune 500 every year. All 500 places.

vvv but you get to visit Mars!

Mr. Pumroy fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Nov 14, 2011

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

:stare:

This is a frightening world.

Madoushi
May 9, 2003

Some days, you just get up on the wrong side of the bed...
I thought it was a general 'Don't pay any active attention to any of this subliminal poo poo' message, not a literal command to take a nap.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
And on top of everything else, there's still a Guy Fieri.

Pack it the gently caress in, humanitailures.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Can I just say I'm strangely warmed to see some of the old update pace after months of hiatus and months more of more sporadic updating? These updates are in the style and quantity of some of Homestuck's most prolific and fast-paced periods, it's kind of exciting to see it possibly starting up again.

Some Strange Flea
Apr 9, 2010

AAA
Pillbug

Mr. Pumroy posted:

Hmmm... if people STAY ASLEEP then their dreamselves are ALWAYS AWAKE.
It's a bit confusing because when one self is awake the other is necessarily asleep, but I think the aim of the pop-up is more to stop people waking up on Derse/Prospit as opposed to keeping them awake there.

But we don't know!

Seoinin posted:

And on top of everything else, there's still a Guy Fieri.
No one can eat twenty-four grubs.

e: That is the only connection I can make between Guy Fieri and the homestuck world. I've been racking my brains since I saw him and that's all I got.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Ooh hey, anyone notice the time on her computer? It's 11:05.

I'll bet something is gonna happen in 6 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

Madoushi posted:

I thought it was a general 'Don't pay any active attention to any of this subliminal poo poo' message, not a literal command to take a nap.

I assumed that it was a dream self thing. Kind of like how John's dreamself never woke up, until Prospit's moon crashed into Skaia and he nearly died.