Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Finished Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Going to finish Costume Quest, then probably Arkham Asylum, if BF3 doesn't suck up all my time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serval
May 12, 2011

"Dooooood! Everybody, run!!"

Finally, almost one year after i've bought it, I have started Just Cause 2.

This game is nice, but too time consuming. Getting everything at 100% take so much time...

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

come back here

quiggy posted:

You're certainly not alone in that.

So I have a question about Binding of Isaac for anyone who's played it. Which of these should I finish before I count it as beaten: beating Mom, beating Mom's heart, unlocking all characters, or doing something else?

Sorry buddy. Isaac ain't beaten til you've beat sheol.

Hemish
Jan 25, 2005

Following recommendations from this thread, I just beat Bioshock. One other recommendation was Zeno Clash. I just started the download.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
BACKLOG COMPLETE!

I thought i might have had a lot to do in Torchlight, but it turns out when i stopped playing it, a few months ago, i was on the third last floor :ughh:

Now all that's left are games that have no real ending:

AI War
Atom Zombie Smasher
Audiosurf
Beat hazard
Blocks that Matter (well, this has an end but it's got loads of levels)
DCU Online
Every Day Genius
Frozen Synapse
Killing Floor
L4D2
Sanctum
TF2
Terraria

I'm so happy! Now the only thing that's technically in the backlog is the preorder for Arkham City. Roll on Christmas Gabe, I'm loving ready for you!

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Kin posted:

BACKLOG COMPLETE!

I thought i might have had a lot to do in Torchlight, but it turns out when i stopped playing it, a few months ago, i was on the third last floor :ughh:

AI War
Atom Zombie Smasher
Audiosurf
Beat hazard
DCU Online
Every Day Genius
Frozen Synapse
Killing Floor
L4D2
Sanctum
TF2
Terraria

I'm so happy! Now the only thing that's technically in the backlog is the preorder for Arkham City. Roll on Christmas Gabe, I'm loving ready for you!

Congratulations.

Now don't ever show your game-completing face in this thread again :mad:

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Kin posted:

BACKLOG COMPLETE!

AI War
Atom Zombie Smasher
Audiosurf
Beat hazard
DCU Online
Every Day Genius
Frozen Synapse
Killing Floor
L4D2
Sanctum
TF2
Terraria

Grats! Good to see that somebody can clear theirs out.

Finished Costume Quest and its DLC last night. Wonderful game.

Going to start on Arkham Asylum next since I've got Arkham City (hush, it came with my video card) coming up soon. My goal is to be mostly caught up before the Christmas sale.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Morter posted:

Congratulations.

Now don't ever show your game-completing face in this thread again :mad:

Well, the only reason I was able to complete so many was because I was unemployed. I've got a job now, which at worst is going to include 3 hours of daily commuting and at best will include moving to another part of the country. Either way, the ability to binge in games is going to end this week :(

And there are so many kickass games coming out soon.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

quiggy posted:

You're certainly not alone in that.

So I have a question about Binding of Isaac for anyone who's played it. Which of these should I finish before I count it as beaten: beating Mom, beating Mom's heart, unlocking all characters, or doing something else?
You haven't won until you've killed Satan. Partial credit may be accepted for It Lives, though.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
Beat Chantelise today. I won't mark it as Completed since there's about a dozen fish I haven't caught and I died on level 50 (of 60) of the survival dungeon, but I got my money's worth anyway. Not as good as Recettear but I don't think anyone really expected that anyway.

Also in the "quickest game to cross off the backlog" category, I noted that I never did actually beat HL2: Lost Coast. 15 minutes and done!

ManxomeBromide
Jan 29, 2009

old school

Colon V posted:

You haven't won until you've killed Satan. Partial credit may be accepted for It Lives, though.

There's a bunch of stuff available after your first win, yeah. That said...

Backloggery posted:

Beaten: The main objective has been accomplished. Usually marked by the defeat of a final boss and/or viewing of credits.
Completed: For games which are 100% done. All extras and modes have been unlocked and finished. All significant items have been collected.

The Binding of Isaac achievements list posted:

Judas's Fez: Complete the full game
Golden God!: 100% the game

Those look like they match up fairly neatly.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

ManxomeBromide posted:

Those look like they match up fairly neatly.
Fair enough. Mom's Heart is a pretty reasonable end boss. I just forgot how many times you have to kill it before It Lives shows up.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Well I've beaten Mom's heart a few times now so I guess I've beaten Binding of Isaac. I'm still gonna play it a lot though, this game is way too addicting.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

quiggy posted:

Well I've beaten Mom's heart a few times now so I guess I've beaten Binding of Isaac. I'm still gonna play it a lot though, this game is way too addicting.

Look how wrong you are. I guess someone hasn't played since Halloween!

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Yodzilla posted:

Look how wrong you are. I guess someone hasn't played since Halloween!

Yeah but getting down to Sheol just takes way too long. I still have like 6 more kills needed.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

quiggy posted:

Yeah but getting down to Sheol just takes way too long. I still have like 6 more kills needed.
Not beaten. :colbert:

Machismo
Mar 29, 2007

I'm a rapist! Who cares if there's no evidence, I'm guilty until innocent!
What the hell. Can't get Offline mode to work. Steam is blocked. I just wanna play the games I own. :(

I turned on tethering for my cellphone and now Steam isn't loading properly. weird blank window. all black.

God drat it, Steam

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Alright, I give up on Morrowind. I've spent far too long trying to get into it, I've tried hundreds of different builds, I've asked friends what I'm doing wrong and I just can't enjoy it for some reason which is a shame because I really really want to. I don't know what the gently caress is wrong with me but I've spent far too long fighting with this game.

Next on the list? Fallout: New Vegas which I started yesterday with my smooth talking brawler character (tagged melee, barter, speech and repair) and am having a loving fantastic time with...until it crashed just outside of Goodsprings. Oh Gamebryo, never change.

Hob_Gadling
Jul 6, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Grimey Drawer
I have no idea what made me buy Cthulhu Saves the World. I don't like RPGs in general, and especially don't like jRPGs. Eleven hours later I have to wonder whether I should rethink my position. Normal skill level was more or less perfectly balanced for me: beginning was easy, end was hard but not too hard. The game didn't overstay it's welcome and the first ending was great.

Would recommend. Especially since the drat thing is almost free.

e: 75 completed games!

Hob_Gadling fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Nov 8, 2011

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

Over the past week or so, I've been beating any smaller games that have been sitting around for way too long. I've beaten Cthulhu Saves the Wrold which was a fun rpg that kinda wasn't funny to me at all but with a fantastic battle system that was enjoyable till the end. Also played and beat all of Costume Quest which was just fun in so many ways, I really got a deal out of it for 5 bucks. Lastly, I've been sitting on VVVVVV for so long that last night I started the game over and beat it all the way through and my god did that game get super tough real quick (Not as I do :argh:) but in the end it sure was satisfying to know that I beat it.

Liokae
Apr 12, 2011

City of Heroes.... it devours my time, and other games get layed by the wayside.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Well, the good news is that I don't suck at games, just at Morrowind.

Started New Vegas earlier this afternoon and I'm still playing. I love this game. It's a vast improvement over Fallout 3, although I am not in love with the constant crashing, even in my unmodded game. I'm also not in love with the fact that I accidentally killed an old lady :ohdear: Sorry old lady!

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

I had problems with Morrowind too, I liked the idea of such a big open-ended RPG but the world ended up feeling kind of lifeless and aimless, so I never got very far. The most time I ended up spending with it was when I discovered the insanely active modding community. There are mods for basically everything you can think of.

Hemish
Jan 25, 2005

Ok I can't finish Zeno Clash and will be moving on Dead Space! I can't stand the art direction, I can't seem to grasp the combat and thus I'm getting raped on the 3 green ghosts of your master-thing. When I manage to beat them, the master it too tough and does a special kick I can't block or evade like he just showed me to!

So yeah, moved it under my Null on Backloggery and my "will never play" category on Steam. At least I gave it 2 hours.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Hemish posted:

Ok I can't finish Zeno Clash and will be moving on Dead Space! I can't stand the art direction, I can't seem to grasp the combat and thus I'm getting raped on the 3 green ghosts of your master-thing. When I manage to beat them, the master it too tough and does a special kick I can't block or evade like he just showed me to!

So yeah, moved it under my Null on Backloggery and my "will never play" category on Steam. At least I gave it 2 hours.
I beat ZC in three hours. And I remember that section. It's basically a second tutorial, so either you're missing something absolutely fundamental, or you just suck at video games. :v:

ManxomeBromide
Jan 29, 2009

old school

Colon V posted:

I beat ZC in three hours. And I remember that section. It's basically a second tutorial, so either you're missing something absolutely fundamental, or you just suck at video games. :v:

One fundamental thing that may be getting missed: you can retreat while charging up your punches, which can make your life a lot easier.

I started playing Alpha Protocol, but I'm still at the part where everyone agrees you just have to grit your teeth and grind through it. That's only getting short bursts these days, especially since Darkside of Xeen is still calling out to me.

I also beat A.R.E.S.: Extinction Agenda, which was trash, and Blocks That Matter, which was great.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
My biggest problem with ARES is that regardless of whether you controlled it with a keyboard or a gamepad something felt very off and weird. I was never comfortable with either.

Shovelmint
Apr 22, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

ManxomeBromide posted:

That's only getting short bursts these days, especially since Darkside of Xeen is still calling out to me.

As someone who has actually played and beaten both of the Xeen games, if you're playing the Darkside separately from the Clouds of Xeen and thus not enjoying the combined game World of Xeen then you're really doing it wrong and missing out. You're also making the game way harder on yourself than it should be.

If you are playing them bundled, as god intended, then carry on and enjoy. The game shouldn't take too long if you don't do the million sidequests.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Beat Batman: Arkham Asylum. Hopefully I can get through some more before Arkham City unlocks next week.

ManxomeBromide
Jan 29, 2009

old school

Shovelmint posted:

As someone who has actually played and beaten both of the Xeen games, if you're playing the Darkside separately from the Clouds of Xeen and thus not enjoying the combined game World of Xeen then you're really doing it wrong and missing out. You're also making the game way harder on yourself than it should be.

If you are playing them bundled, as god intended, then carry on and enjoy. The game shouldn't take too long if you don't do the million sidequests.

The recommendation in the LPM&M3 thread has been to play them bundled but reset some of your characters on Darkside to keep the earlygame interesting.

I rather like the sidequests, because I enjoy the obsessive exploration part of it. I just have been using Might and Magic games as my B-list game since early July with Secret of the Inner Sanctum and have just kept going. This is the series that has restored my faith in RPGs as a genre after Xenogears destroyed it for over a decade.

Hemish
Jan 25, 2005

I just beat Dead Space. I liked it a lot after I was able to find a better fix than just disabling Vsync. My controls were a lot more responsive. Now I need to find another game to play!

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
Penny Arcade Adventures Episode One beaten. A bit self indulgent (obviously) but not bad, especially for the $2 I got both games for. I assume the second is about the same length?

jvempire
May 10, 2009
I have beaten Deus Ex Human Revolution and Alpha Protocol recently.

I easily can recommend Deus Ex HR if you have it on your backlog, but Alpha Protocol is a different story. If you'd like to play a game where choices actually effect things, than Alpha Protocol is the right kind of game but the gameplay is somewhat bad. I still had a lot of fun with it, it's just that some gameplay mechanics like stealth don't seem to work. So play Deus Ex HR (duhh) and play Alpha Protocol if it even mildly appeals to you.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

TF2's Halloween event made a number on my gaming time, but back on schedule again I managed to beat Ace Attorney: Miles Edgeworth, Fallout New Vegas and Defense Grid. Those last two were precious to me to the point of doing every achievement possible and clocking them at 220h and 90h respectively.

I'm happy to move on to other things now though, just in time for an avalanche of new games, so I'm currently spliting time between Blocks That Matter, F.E.A.R. 3, Costume Quest and Sonic Generations.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Managed to beat ARES. Alpha Prime, Doom 3: ROE, and Section 8: Prejudice('s campaign) within the past week.

I want to work on Blueberry Garden, but I can't find a faq, and the impending doom time limit is seriously wracking my nerves.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Playing some Bastion(narrators voice is pure sex) Trying not to grind my teeth down to powder when I see my friends playing Skyrim. I am so tempted to get it, even though I know the money I have in my account is going to be taken for the hospital visit I just had.

How do I turn off those pop-ups?!

edit: vvv thanks! This will keep me from making a big mistake :suicide:

Deep Thoreau fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Nov 14, 2011

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Bash Ironfist posted:

Playing some Bastion(narrators voice is pure sex) Trying not to grind my teeth down to powder when I see my friends playing Skyrim. I am so tempted to get it, even though I know the money I have in my account is going to be taken for the hospital visit I just had.

How do I turn off those pop-ups?!

Under steam's Settings > Friends

ManxomeBromide
Jan 29, 2009

old school
Finally making some decent progress in The Binding of Isaac - all characters but Judas unlocked, and it's in theory now possible for me to try to unlock him.

Meanwhile, the Difficult 2nd Bundle over at Indie Royale is poorly named indeed. It had 7 games in it. I've now beaten six of them, and the sale isn't even over yet:
  • NightSky is by the developer of Within A Deep Forest and it was exactly what I needed at the time. Lovely little atmospheric puzzle platformer. It's pretty short though, even with the secrets I didn't get; I don't think it's worth the $10 full price on its own, but it's worth $5 easily).
  • Scoregasm I've managed to beat on Normal, but the other two games by him in the bundle reminded me of why I didn't like him in the first place:
  • Ikurandji and Bullet Candy: Perfect are both shovelware, and while they're not utterly broken like the first Bullet Candy, neither are very good. I beat Bullet Candy Perfect on my first run through the game (admittedly, I had practiced earlier on the original, highly imperfect version), and I beat Ikurandji on one life my first run through. I'm not sure how he learned to make Scoregasm, based on these.
  • I cleared Ben There, Dan That! and Time Gentlemen, Please! about 20 pages ago.

I'm still trying to get into Alpha Protocol, since it looks promising but I haven't really been in the mood for RPG action of late.

abiogenesis
Feb 4, 2009
Not strictly Steam related, but I just bought a Assassin's Creed / Assassin's Creed II combo pack at Target for $10.

Games bought in the past 2 months: approx 45
Games beaten in the past 2 months: 0 :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib
After a couple of great backlog clearing months I had uni exams which basically stopped any progress. I'm 30 hours in to DA:O and starting to get a little bored.