Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ShadeofDante
Feb 17, 2007

speaking of minds! know what's on mine? murders.

Groghammer posted:

Or you could just call it like it sounds, i.e. "wuwuwuwuwuwuwuwu".

MAXIMUM DUBSTEP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ocatamai
Jun 18, 2004

Perfect and Elegant Maid
Can I have Wesker and Vergil THC for dueling dubstep?

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

AlphaTM posted:

so that's that confirmed I guess.

This is the important one.

Mio Bison
Dec 14, 2005

violence is who I am, loser

Niddhogg posted:

I've seen it hit and end with the enemy right under vergil's feet and it's still safe. I don't know where you could get the idea that it's unsafe on hit.

Just eyeballing it occasionally like at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hINFQ1r41JA#t=1m48s Dante is up off the ground a few frames before Vergil is back to neutral. Sometimes there's a little more time in there where Vergil looks vulnerable and sometimes it's obviously safe (like the midscreen against She-Hulk later in the same video). If the recovery is cancellable before the full animation finishes it must always be safe which would make sense, I just haven't found a video with Vergil doing that and there was this comment from the uploader:

quote:

Recovery on it is INSANELY long. Can OTG after super if they are juggled high enough though. but if they did float low enough, they can retaliate.

Easy enough to test for anyone who has a copy of the game. I don't know poo poo and I can't test it until Tuesday, just asking questions and hoping someone knows more than I do.

Kuai
May 25, 2004
This is a stupid question but I got a new xbox and when I go to redownload Jill/Shuma it acts as if I never purchased them. Did the CE come with a different code or something?

FSLink
Nov 6, 2009

Kuai posted:

This is a stupid question but I got a new xbox and when I go to redownload Jill/Shuma it acts as if I never purchased them. Did the CE come with a different code or something?

Go to your profile and look at Download History and download them through there.

Lynx Winters
May 1, 2003

Borderlawns: The Treehouse of Pandora

Broken Loose posted:

God forbid "Dimension Slash" or even "orb super" is a hard name to say or remember.

No I think "Shut Up Broken Loose" is a pretty good name for it.

xan!
Aug 17, 2004

by elpintogrande
How did all these people get a copy of the game already? I don't like having to wait until Tuesday :ohdear:

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCaT4tMDeBI

Metamorphosis
Apr 4, 2008

Hey, handsome

FSLink posted:

http://www.global-trance.com/ultimate/

This site has all the pictures for victory poses.

Including the DLC ones.

Is something similar to this available for Vanilla somewhere online?

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
So I got like 6 hours in with this game today, and I figure i should post some impressions. I didn't try very many new characters, but I was pretty happy with the ones I tried.

Firebrand
-Firebrand feels really "derpy", you can press a lot of buttons and get a lot of damage. He kind of feels like Taskmaster, where he doesn't actually have very potent mixup, but his normals are so huge and he is so fast that he can get a lot of hits just by being a bully.
-His lv3 is really loving fun. I had him in slot 3, so a common strategy was try to come back with lv3 x-factor and lv3 super active. He can just mash fierce to make his clone attack, and fly around mixing the other guy up.
-His moves that transition him between air and ground are pretty sweet, and I'm looking forward to getting time in with him to figure out all his movement options (he has a lot).

Phoenix Wright wall of text incoming:
-Turnabout mode is as hilarious/broken as it looks. The finger attacks leave him at ridiculous frame advantage, and if they connect you can get 100% pretty drat easily.
-Certain item attacks are really good, others not so much. The phone is probably the best (leaves 3 orbs which then track), but the knife and the vase are really good too.
-His lv3 super is hilarious, and way way too good. The damage is insane and you can just fish for it whenever the opponent presses anything. If they're not blocking before the flash, they get hit and lose almost all their health.
-He is really bad in his first form. All the maya moves are really good, but the delay between when you can call them is really long. Put him with a good assist and try to get some evidence ASAP
-It seems viable to go into courtroom mode with only 1 or 2 pieces of evidence and throw some projectiles. If you get the phone or the knife you can keep a lot of characters out, and win a lot of projectile wars.
-You WILL get owned by characters like magneto, dante, strider, etc. until you learn phoenix through-and-through (or pick haggar assist). Anyone who can get in your face really fast will gently caress your poo poo up.

Strider
-Also really easy to scrub out wins with just by teleporting, calling assists, and pressing a lot of buttons. He does good damage, and his teleports are all great.
-Ourobouros seems good, but any talk of Strider anchor being like a mini-Dark Phoenix is way off. Ourobouros + lv3 x-factor is pretty much unblockable, but the timer just isn't long enough to kill whole teams like Dark Phoenix can. If it's a 1 on 1 situation and you have Strider with 3 meters, though, it's pretty much done.
-Teleport assist is good/annoying to deal with.

Frank West
-A character you need to spend some time in training mode with. You're almost definitely gonna need specific setups to get him to lv4 or 5 if you wanna get there.
-Level 1 frank is basically rear end. Without the roll or his good supers, he is pretty awful. You're gonna want to get levels ASAP.
-Shopping cart assist is as broken as everyone says.

Those are the only characters I'm comfortable saying anything solid about. I'll have to get some time in with the others to see what I think.

So far Firebrand is the best new character I've tried, he's gonna be really good I think. My early picks for top tier are definitely Wesker, probably Magneto, maybe Dormammu and Doom.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
Is Lariat assist still good? I've heard reports of it being poo poo and of it being pure bullshit.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Jmcrofts posted:

:words:

Firebrand sounds fun, I was wondering what he was like since there aren't many videos with him being played. Also good to know that Phoenix Wright can get bodied by rushdowns before he makes with the bullshit, as I suspected. I'd love to know how Hawkeye is, he looks like a viable annoyance character.

Groghammer
Aug 10, 2011

On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Is Lariat assist still good? I've heard reports of it being poo poo and of it being pure bullshit.

AFAIK it's still invincible except on two frames of startup, so if you're good at predicting rushdown I bet Haggar will still be pretty decent.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

FSLink posted:

http://www.global-trance.com/ultimate/

This site has all the pictures for victory poses.

Including the DLC ones.

Is that... is that a Zero alt? :stare:

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Dre2Dee2 posted:

Is that... is that a Zero alt? :stare:

Yep! I wonder what would happen if this image worked its way on over to Gamefaqs...

Edit:

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

I POSSESS QUESTIONABLE TASTE IN TOUHOU GAMES

Orange Crush Rush posted:

ATTN CAPCOM:

You see this poo poo right here? THIS IS NOT OKAY.

A random Youtuber said it best: "You can't nerf a god"

And I'll third Maximum Vergil/Judgement Cut being called "Shut Up Broken Loose". Or Maximum Dubstep.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
I sort of like "Maximum Vergil... except not at all like Maximum Spider so what the hell Broken Loose" myself.

e: I propose we call Ragnarok "Maximum Strider" :v:

rocket USA
Sep 14, 2011
Magneto is still really, really good. His trijump is a bit shorter, but you can do stuff like call a long assist (Sent, Ammy, Dr. Strange) and suck them into it via attraction for a free full-screen whiff punish or mixup. Needing to ADUF/ADDF for his new BNB is a pain in the rear end because it's easy to get accidental Disruptor.

Dr. Strange owns but he lives and dies by how much breathing room he has. If you can send an Eye out safely you're probably going to kill their character because it buys you time to set up all sorts of degenerate mixups or chip traps but his ways out once a rushdown character gets in are limited and risky. In the corner I'm pretty sure you can chip people to death Strider/Doom style unless they alpha counter.

rocket USA fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Nov 14, 2011

FSLink
Nov 6, 2009

Jmcrofts posted:

-Certain item attacks are really good, others not so much. The phone is probably the best (leaves 3 orbs which then track), but the knife and the vase are really good too.

Any idea if you can purposely throw away the good evidence and get different good evidence?

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

FSLink posted:

Any idea if you can purposely throw away the good evidence and get different good evidence?

Yes, you can do this but I wouldn't recommend it since you're going to have a hard enough time getting to turnabout anyway, so you may as well not throw out good evidence.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Blinn posted:

1. Arrange old music in 12/8 feel
2. Get praised

Capcom should take this approach with all of their music

It's swung 4/4.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Jmcrofts posted:

Phoenix Wright wall of text incoming:
-His lv3 super is hilarious, and way way too good. The damage is insane and you can just fish for it whenever the opponent presses anything. If they're not blocking before the flash, they get hit and lose almost all their health.

Is Maximum Phoenix Wright actually 0 frames? Like, an opponent at neutral cannot block it at all unless he was already blocking?

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Broken Loose posted:

Is Maximum Phoenix Wright actually 0 frames? Like, an opponent at neutral cannot block it at all unless he was already blocking?

There's probably pre-flash frames, but after the flash there's nothing you can do unless you were already blocking.

rocket USA
Sep 14, 2011

Broken Loose posted:

Correct.

dj_de
Jul 24, 2003

Huhhhhh?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=g2GZjJ--hKU

See you guys in Arcade Edition

PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*

dj_de posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=g2GZjJ--hKU

See you guys in Arcade Edition

Welp, looks like Combofiend's hosed. At least until they get a patch out.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Ocatamai posted:

Can I have Wesker and Vergil THC for dueling dubstep?

So far, this seems like a nice THC and DHC. I'm running Zero/Wesker/Vergil, and when I THC all 3 guys off a Wesker gunshot, I get some pretty nice damage. Since 2 of their supers are fullscreen and Zero's stays onscreen after x-factor, I wonder if I can do some THC shenanigans with this team...

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

PalmTreeFun posted:

Welp, looks like Combofiend's hosed. At least until they get a patch out.

Boo hoo, Spencer can't throw out a random grapple when fighting the dog against whom the grapple would normally whiff. He's still got a brand new otg, untouched amazing damage, faster movement in all directions, and Maximum Spencer is still one of the best supers in the game.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
...the gently caress is maximum spencer?

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Jmcrofts posted:

Spider don't know nothin' about swingin'.

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

Jmcrofts posted:

I think he's trying to make a joke, but doesn't see why we call the Wesker/Vergil supers "Maximum" in the first place.

Mio Bison
Dec 14, 2005

violence is who I am, loser
Maximum Broken Loose: drink with Frank, wait ten seconds

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Jmcrofts posted:

It's Broken Loose being passive aggressive that people aren't using arbitrary move names up to his standards.

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!

Jmcrofts posted:

Broken Loose is mad that his "Heh guys don't call it Maximum Vergil it's not even anything like Maximum Spider" comment was shot down. So now he's calling everything "Maximum X", despite them not having the central "bounce around the screen hitting dudes" element that he seems to not understand is where the Maximum descriptor comes from.

Maximum X should be the name of Zero's bouncy wall super in Arcade Edition.

^^^ EFB: I have F.Champ reaction time in this thread. :negative:

Ocatamai
Jun 18, 2004

Perfect and Elegant Maid
I propose an addition of Ragnarok to Maximum Strider as well.

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!
It's not really "Bouncing around" though. He's just stabbing the poo poo out of you while...

Actually, the 3D animation for it is a lot more Maximum Strider then the old one was. gently caress it. Anyone else?

Spencer can only do his with two bars and X-Factor, and it's very short. :v:

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Anyone else who got this early: How do you get Hawkeye's OTG poison tip to work? Is it different in the corner? With the shallow angle he shoots at, I haven't been able to get it to land despite seeing it work before. I've been using QCB+L, L as soon as I land.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Lord Chumley posted:

I think he's trying to make a joke, but doesn't see why we call the Wesker/Vergil supers "Maximum" in the first place.

Well, given that Maximum Spider has a very specific element that is lacking in the other moves (short of Phantom Dance looking like how Maximum Spider used to look), it's pretty obvious that (A) Vergil's super looks absolutely nothing like Maximum Spider and (B) Maximum Wesker is a dumb name in the first place because the name of the move isn't Maximum Spider-Man. At least be consistent with your nicknames.

But yes, using the wrong move names confuses people in this thread who aren't stream monsters or 4chan/reddit trolls and who do actually refer to things by how they are named ingame. It's not like there isn't already a set standard for these things that are easily available to literally anybody who has the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disease
Oct 6, 2011
I entered the 360 Day 1 tournament so you guys could have an extra scrub to kick around.

I've got my eye on Vergil right now and am trying to figure out if he benefits from the Felicia Rolling Buckler assist as much as Dante did in Vanilla. I saw in the "Assist me" video that he has a quick-looking teleport that places him above you, so hopefully the unblockable is relatively easy to set up and capitalize on - also my fingers are crossed for some good resets from this combination as well.

Only thing that the Assist Me video had me wondering was if and how Vergil's are assists are different while in Devil Trigger. I've seen quite a few Vergil matches and I have yet to see someone go into DT and tag him out to use as an assist. I'm envious as hell of everyone that got the game early, wish I could test this poo poo out myself already ...

• Locked thread