Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dumb brunette
Mar 17, 2009

I admire man's ability to see beauty in everything! Even a flame!
Reset Mom is going to be one of those giggly insufferable girls you knew in high school that gossiped about everybody and talked in txtspk terms aloud and is girly as hell. The passive aggressive-offs were all in Rose's head. Mom was just that loving and genuine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Doc Uzuki posted:

But in this universe, John and Jade are clones of themselves, and Jake and Jane are made up of a combination of them. And Dad's in the middle, exactly the same. Hence, palindromes.

Not necessarily. Thanks to the presence of all the items that the guardians had when John sent them to Earth, it looks like the reset-Versions of the guardians are the same ones that John created.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Doc Uzuki posted:

But in this universe, John and Jade are clones of themselves, and Jake and Jane are made up of a combination of them. And Dad's in the middle, exactly the same. Hence, palindromes.

I don't think that's the case, but seeing as we've already been through that in great length just a page or two ago, I won't berate the point again. I guess we'll have to wait and see how ectobiology does or doesn't go down the road.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

H.P. Shivcraft posted:

It's interesting that Jake thinks he's sending the gift back in time only, rather than back in time and across universes. Obviously he's being fed information, but not very clearly. And he's said his arm was twisted in his letter -- plus, as it was put in the recap, "The gift was the pen pal's idea, and he himself was coerced into the plan by someone else." HMMMM.

That does seem to be the case and explains a lot. But it also raises a ton of flags. Curious flags.

Also, with regards to the confusion re: "the characteristic glitch", I thought that this was a given to be Cal? What since Cal exists in multiple self-creation loops of indeterminate causation, basically a self-creation infinity loop. Assuming he's dimension hopping like he is time hopping, Cal needs to be in each session in order for his "vessel" to be constructed, no?

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Ammat The Ankh posted:

I was going to make fun of this for coming out before we've even seen Mom and Bro, and how dumb it is that people are role playing as them before we know what they look like, their interests are, or their typing styles. But then I realized how much I want this to be the truth. Is that an okay thing, or am I turning into another one of those headcanon guys? :ohdear:

The thing about headcanon is that usually with other comics or whatever it's pretty clear what's going to happen, and the creators don't leave much room for imagination. If comic X wants character Y to be doing action Z, you can be pretty drat sure they're going to establish it. Headcanon just makes people group you into the same category as shippers.

With homestuck, poo poo is just all over the place and you make up and assume as much about the story in your head as what Hussie tells you, and then later on he comes back and corrects people. If you're right it's awesome, if you're not oh well and no one gives a poo poo. What I'm trying to say here is if imagining this being Eridan's ancestor drunk in a bar somewhere is wrong, I don't want to be right.

of bees
Dec 28, 2009

Zorak posted:

That does seem to be the case and explains a lot. But it also raises a ton of flags. Curious flags.

Also, with regards to the confusion re: "the characteristic glitch", I thought that this was a given to be Cal? What since Cal exists in multiple self-creation loops of indeterminate causation, basically a self-creation infinity loop. Assuming he's dimension hopping like he is time hopping, Cal needs to be in each session in order for his "vessel" to be constructed, no?

I'm thinking the theory about the "the characteristic glitch" being the ecto-biology thing is wrong. I think it's something more broad, like the idea someone else was bouncing around, where the glitch is actually that something exists in the pre-scratch world that couldn't exist without the post-scratch world. For the trolls, that was the ancestors being created in the post-scratch world. For the kids, it could be Cal's journey.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

of bees posted:

I'm thinking the theory about the "the characteristic glitch" being the ecto-biology thing is wrong. I think it's something more broad, like the idea someone else was bouncing around, where the glitch is actually that something exists in the pre-scratch world that couldn't exist without the post-scratch world. For the trolls, that was the ancestors being created in the post-scratch world. For the kids, it could be Cal's journey.

Well, it's explicitly not the glitch itself, but Scratch calls it LE's calling card. It's more like a signature imposed after his handiwork, we don't actually know what the glitch that marks the session for predation is yet.

Ograbme
Jul 26, 2003

D--n it, how he nicks 'em

Doc Uzuki posted:

I want to believe that in this hellish post-scratch universe, there's a faint glimmer of hope in the fact that Arrested Development was never cancelled.
Why would Lord English want to enter a universe without AD?

Ograbme fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Nov 14, 2011

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Ograbme posted:

Why would
Lord English want to enter a universe without AD?

No, no, no, that's why he's entering them. To destroy them. Only universes with Arrested Development are permitted to continue. (Hence our own existence)

Dr. Notadoctor
Aug 26, 2008

Ograbme posted:

Why would Lord English want to enter a universe without AD?

Ace Dick?

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

This can't be the pre-scratch kid's session, because then Nanna/Grandpa would be a lot older than Strider and LaLonde.

Come on, now.

(I know it won't be this simple)

rokkit
Apr 2, 2010

HoNk hOnK HoNk hOnK HoNk!

Sockser posted:

This can't be the pre-scratch kid's session, because then Nanna/Grandpa would be a lot older than Strider and LaLonde.

Come on, now.

(I know it won't be this simple)

I think this might be in response to me, and to clarify, my crappy theory is that this session may have been BEFORE the kids' and will lead to the guardians 'scratching' their own session, leading to a reset universe (the one we are familiar with.)

Which would explain the weird deja vu some of the characters have, and seeming knowledge of the game: they were the original heroes, who have already played/failed/scratched, and set the kids up to play, and this is all happening before the beginning of the comic as we know it.

Of course, it's irrelevant, because as has been demonstrated in several instances, time and chronology mean pretty much nothing.

But it's a thought.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
Time and chronology mean nothing but I'm pretty sure that dependency chains are static. In other words, if the first scratched universe created the kids universe and the kids universe created a second scratched universe then that chain can only proceed in that order. Changes can't propagate up the chain without breaking through the fourth wall. If true this would probably indicate that we are watching the pre scratch kids universe right now prior to the kids existing.

But honestly I have no loving idea, this stuff got way too confusing the second I saw J's bunny.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

QueerPope posted:

Oh man! When Jade and John crash into this universe, their going to be a really really tiny ship in Jake's bedroom aren't they, like the size of a fly. And then Jade's gonna fly the thing outside and make the thing huge again and Jake is gonna be super-freaking out.

Well, %KidName% LaLonde's bedroom. She's the one who had the ectobiology lab and 4th wall in the Act 6 opening flash.

And Jake, like Jade in the previous session, is the one who "knows stuff", so he wouldn't be the one to freak out anyway.

But, yes, tiny battleship. :3

dumb brunette posted:

Reset Mom is going to be one of those giggly insufferable girls you knew in high school that gossiped about everybody and talked in txtspk terms aloud and is girly as hell. The passive aggressive-offs were all in Rose's head. Mom was just that loving and genuine.

I'm having a hard time reconciling "txtspk" and "has a science lab", but maybe it's possible...

...drunken science?

Hjalmar posted:

The very fact that you called him Poppop tells me you're not ready.

I hope at some point, after John shows up, Jane tries to hide him in the attic, possibly to keep her Dad from finding him.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Bobulus posted:

I hope at some point, after John shows up, Jane tries to hide him in the attic, possibly to keep her Dad from finding him.

But then John won't see Dad alive :(

rokkit
Apr 2, 2010

pandaK posted:

But then John won't see Dad alive :(

Maybe that's for the best, since it's not his Dad. it'd be like some creepy Twilight Zone Body Snatchers poo poo going down. Not that that would be the weirdest thing to happen to him, by a long shot, but it's the most immediate and it's be pretty tragic.

I'm sorry that i am taking the awesome, funny references and making them awful.

Ograbme
Jul 26, 2003

D--n it, how he nicks 'em

Bobulus posted:

Bro sends Dave to get some medical sopor pie for Gamzee, John stages huge prank where Spades gets his fake arm ripped off.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
So... Imminent invasion/enslavement of Earth?

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
this can't be good

:ohdear:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh cool things are happening now.

In a few updates that "Oh cool" is going to be an "Oh god" isn't it. :stare:

E: Hussie is updating fast now. It's just *f5* like old *f5* times. Woo*f5*ooo!

Tollymain fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Nov 14, 2011

H.R. Hufflepuff
Aug 5, 2005
The worst of all worlds

Tollymain posted:

Oh cool things are happening now.

In a few updates that "Oh cool" is going to be an "Oh god" isn't it. :stare:

I think it's already an "Oh god", we just don't know exactly why yet.

Dr. Notadoctor
Aug 26, 2008
Dad is Bec transformed into a man.

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!
Hmmm, I'm starting to get the feeling Dad was produced via ectobiology somehow, and we just haven't seen it yet. Maybe Dad's ectobiology happened in the post scratch SBURB session?

Also, Hussie is basically just throwing the Condesce/Crocker connection in our face now. I wonder when we'll finally meet the Batterwitch herself and what sort of awesome design she'll have as a baked goods baroness?

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.

Efilnikufesin posted:

Dad is Bec transformed into a man.

Good Dad, Best Father?

marsattacks
Apr 2, 2011
I don't know why you guys are worried, everything's going to be OBEY just fine.

It's not like The Condesce's ship was in one of the ads or anything! Or like one of the new characters has a helmet that's the shape of the skull of the main villain! Everything is just hunky-dory in post scratch land.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

YggiDee posted:

So... Imminent invasion/enslavement of Earth?

Hordes of Trolls will attack Earth, and the kids will get out at the last second. Conveniently, the meteors will be striking at the same time, thus killing off the Trolls as well. SBurb will once again ruin the Empress' empire. :v:

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style
kids and fun, kids and fun, kids and fun, kids and fun... It's all about kids and fun right guys? :shepface:

But seriously, I am more scared now than I was at any point in Trollpocalypse.

Walliard fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Nov 14, 2011

Factory Factory
Mar 19, 2010

This is what
Arcane Velocity was like.
At some point, we're gonna see a spork, aren't we?

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

I'm going for the long shot here and betting the inevitable troll takeover is ultimately benevolent.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Cabbit posted:

I'm going for the long shot here and betting the inevitable troll takeover is ultimately benevolent.

You won't be saying that when panels of the Trolls blowing poo poo up appear. :smug:

Nestharken
Mar 23, 2006

The bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame.
Taking bets on Bro and Mom's Pesterchum handles, as suggested by this panel and generated by More Words.

Bro: t_____G____ic

Mom: t_____T____ied

OR

Bro: t_____G____ied

Mom: t_____T____ic

Voting t_____Glorified and t_______Tonic.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Perhaps, just for fun, Hussie is going to associate each kid with one of the villains of the story.

Jake has a Lord English name/computer/color scheme.

Jane has a Troll Queen name/computer/weapon.

kid-Bro will probably be even more obsessed with Lil Cal than he was in the main timeline.

kid-Mom...I dunno. Who is left? Jack Noir? I'm not sure how he'd fit in.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Ammat The Ankh posted:

I was going to make fun of this for coming out before we've even seen Mom and Bro, and how dumb it is that people are role playing as them before we know what they look like, their interests are, or their typing styles. But then I realized how much I want this to be the truth. Is that an okay thing, or am I turning into another one of those headcanon guys? :ohdear:

I think the weeaboo-bro thing is very popular because the big joke with Dave/Bro's relationship has always been that Dave has all his crappy swords and sunglasses and stuff, and likes it ironically and thinks it's actually lame, and thinks his bro does too. But his Bro is actually just a massive nerd and is genuinely into collecting lovely jRPG swords, puppets and wearing Kamina shades.

In regards to the ectobiology of the new kids/old kids in post-scratch, the ectobiology doesn't necessarily have to be that Jane will, say, create ectoslime clones of the old kids and combine them to get the new ones, in the troll session Karkat didn't even believe in ancestors, he created two sets of paradox clones of the current troll generation then sent one back in time to be the ancestors. I think when ectobiology comes up in this new session Jane is just gonna clone the new kids and send their pardox-clone offspring back in time to be the new guardians in this session. So the process remains the same, except when each set of babies was sent back in time.

EDIT: For more Jake English shenanigans, apparently this piece of fanart is one of the posters on his wall. Huh.

Rohan Kishibe fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Nov 14, 2011

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Bobulus posted:

kid-Bro will probably be even more obsessed with Lil Cal than he was in the main timeline.

Nah, his name is Strider. I'ma take that as a sign he's safe. Maybe SBaHJ:TM has subliminal anti-propaganda!

...maybe Dave is the one who remembers the pre-Scratch universe?

Graceful Graveler
May 18, 2009
You people saying this might be a pre-Scratch session are terribly silly. :colbert: The trolls scratched their session, earned themselves a Doc Scratch and their new world was clearly skewed in favour of Lord English's plans. Now, the kids have scratched their session, and what we're seeing is a world skewed in favour of Lord English's plans. I think this, at least, is a straight-forward conclusion.

I don't think Jake is evil, though, or that he'll become Lord English or anything (like I've seen people saying on Tumblr, Jesus Christ). I'm just convinced his guardian happens to be Earth's first guardian, like Jade's was. And this first guardian just so happens not to be Bec anymore.

rokkit
Apr 2, 2010

Guys. The whole universe is getting forked by Betty Crocker.

(sorry)

H.R. Hufflepuff
Aug 5, 2005
The worst of all worlds

Factory Factory posted:

At some point, we're gonna see a spork, aren't we?

There's basically no way that switch isn't going to end up stuck half-pressed at some point.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
I'm calling TirbulantTonic, for mom's chat handle

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
what if bro turns out to be an ironic juggalo, in contrast to gamzee's devoted juggalo

would we be able to handle it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

atomicthumbs posted:

what if bro turns out to be an ironic juggalo, in contrast to gamzee's devoted juggalo

would we be able to handle it
No.