Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Broken Loose posted:

Well, given that Maximum Spider has a very specific element that is lacking in the other moves (short of Phantom Dance looking like how Maximum Spider used to look), it's pretty obvious that (A) Vergil's super looks absolutely nothing like Maximum Spider and (B) Maximum Wesker is a dumb name in the first place because the name of the move isn't Maximum Spider-Man. At least be consistent with your nicknames.

But yes, using the wrong move names confuses people in this thread who aren't stream monsters or 4chan/reddit trolls and who do actually refer to things by how they are named ingame. It's not like there isn't already a set standard for these things that are easily available to literally anybody who has the game.

Dude even S-kill says Maximum Wesker when he would commentate streams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.

Disease posted:

Only thing that the Assist Me video had me wondering was if and how Vergil's are assists are different while in Devil Trigger. I've seen quite a few Vergil matches and I have yet to see someone go into DT and tag him out to use as an assist. I'm envious as hell of everyone that got the game early, wish I could test this poo poo out myself already ...

I remember someone saying his assist are mostly the same except for damage, but judgement cut gets a whole lot bigger.

Also, I hope everyone starts calling it Maximum Wesk so we can stay more true to its origins.

Veev fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Nov 14, 2011

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!
Broken Loose, if anyone reading this thread is too thick to catch up on what we mean by "Maximum Wesker", they would have no idea what most of the posts in the thread say.

"What? Salty? I don't understand, do they think I have high cholesterol? And what the gently caress is a Reset? Is it like when I turn my XBox off when someone online is playing that overpowered Arthur and just throwing stuff and not fighting honorably? In that case, I'm great at resets. I'm mad hyper yo."

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

Broken Loose is Mega Man, and he's bawwing at how he'll never be in UMVC3.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Veev posted:

I hope everyone starts calling it Maximum Wesk so we can stay more true to its origins.

I am totally okay with this. (or even Maximum Ouroboros)

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Jmcrofts posted:

Firebrand
-Firebrand feels really "derpy", you can press a lot of buttons and get a lot of damage. He kind of feels like Taskmaster, where he doesn't actually have very potent mixup, but his normals are so huge and he is so fast that he can get a lot of hits just by being a bully.
-His lv3 is really loving fun. I had him in slot 3, so a common strategy was try to come back with lv3 x-factor and lv3 super active. He can just mash fierce to make his clone attack, and fly around mixing the other guy up.
-His moves that transition him between air and ground are pretty sweet, and I'm looking forward to getting time in with him to figure out all his movement options (he has a lot).

Hold on, what? From everything I've seen Firebrand's normals and damage have been really god awful looking. Like for an extended combo be barely breaks 600k for one meter.

Also. The correct name for Vergil's super is "sword dance".

Fereydun fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Nov 14, 2011

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

PalmTreeFun posted:

Welp, looks like Combofiend's hosed. At least until they get a patch out.

If anyone's in the "not hosed" category, it's Spencer for sure.

PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*
I was being a bit facetious, it's just obviously silly that you basically get an infinite dizzy if you counter his grapple.

Mio Bison
Dec 14, 2005

violence is who I am, loser

PonchAxis posted:

Dude even S-kill says Maximum Wesker when he would commentate streams.

From Seth Killian's first preview of Vergil https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rqjOb8owxQ#t=2m14s

Keep up the good fight though Broken Loose!!

E: specifically the fight against autism

rocket USA
Sep 14, 2011

Fereydun posted:

Hold on, what? From everything I've seen Firebrand's normals and damage have been really god awful looking. Like for an extended combo be barely breaks 600k for one meter.

His damage sucks but his normals are gigantic. He basically has Taskmaster's 2A. His fireballs are obnoxiously durable, too.

The low damage output is kind of justified because he feels like Wolverine, without Berserker Slash but with fireballs, flight and a super obnoxious level 3 that lets you run poo poo until it's over.

FSLink
Nov 6, 2009
Marvel Madness Part 2 featuring Justin Wong, Marn, Floe, James Chen, Olaf, and UltraDavid is up!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR0sNXGpR_Q Part 1 if you missed it the first time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noNa8ZqkyZU and part 2.

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!
Does Firebrand build meter with his Level 3 dude out?

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

FSLink posted:

Marvel Madness Part 2 featuring Justin Wong, Marn, Floe, James Chen, Olaf, and UltraDavid is up!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR0sNXGpR_Q Part 1 if you missed it the first time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noNa8ZqkyZU and part 2.

Aw, Ammy dominating Phoenix Wright. :3:

FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming

Broken Loose posted:

Well, given that Maximum Spider has a very specific element that is lacking in the other moves (short of Phantom Dance looking like how Maximum Spider used to look), it's pretty obvious that (A) Vergil's super looks absolutely nothing like Maximum Spider and (B) Maximum Wesker is a dumb name in the first place because the name of the move isn't Maximum Spider-Man. At least be consistent with your nicknames.

But yes, using the wrong move names confuses people in this thread who aren't stream monsters or 4chan/reddit trolls and who do actually refer to things by how they are named ingame. It's not like there isn't already a set standard for these things that are easily available to literally anybody who has the game.

Seth Killian was the first to call it "Maximum Wesker"

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

I thought it was called Maximum Wesker because he leaves those after-image things so it looks like your screen is saturated with Weskers.

Edit: Why isn't this Frank West's theme?

Crowetron fucked around with this message at 13:01 on Nov 14, 2011

Cinroth
Dec 11, 2008

Has it never occured
to you that this club
is overpopulated?

Cat Machine posted:

"Is this real life??"

Seriously high-as-a-kite psychotic Jill owns. Completely out of whack

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
So any early word as to how good the online is in this one?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Cinroth posted:

"Is this real life??"

*fights Frank West*

"Whaa...zombies? Am I in MvC2 again?"

Edit: \/\/\/ - I don't think anyone is ever going to be able to control her stupid level 3, on account of the fact that no one is ever going to use her. Seth Killian needs to just show us this "godly tech" Jill has already.

TaurusOxford fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Nov 14, 2011

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Cinroth posted:

"Is this real life??"

I would enjoy crazy Jill a lot more if I could control her crazy-rear end warp speed move worth a drat.

DiminishedAngel
Jul 21, 2007

This Is My Story, Bitches
I am disappointed Akuma/Wolverine is not preposterously overpowered anymore, but it's probably for the best.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

Broken Loose posted:

I am totally okay with this. (or even Maximum Ouroboros)

I'm more pissed off by the dumb names that people use for fighting game characters. Who the gently caress are Logan and Dog? Metal Arm? Helmet Head? Shades Guy?

FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming

gigawhite posted:

I'm more pissed off by the dumb names that people use for fighting game characters. Who the gently caress are Logan and Dog? Metal Arm? Helmet Head? Shades Guy?

Everyone calls Wolverine "Logan". The comics, the fans, the movies. Everyone.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

gigawhite posted:

Are you just quoting off Hulk's names for people?

Cinroth
Dec 11, 2008

Has it never occured
to you that this club
is overpopulated?

TaurusOxford posted:

I think he is Hulk.

Cinroth fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Nov 14, 2011

Merton Blask
Jun 30, 2008

So it's true! Mysterio is
gay for sex... with me?

TaurusOxford posted:

Seth Killian needs to just show us this "godly tech" Jill has already.

I never really understood this - Seth kept going on about how good Jill was, to the point that there was some secret tech so insane that they felt she deserved to be toned down a bit in Ult. But if you've got a character that everyone isn't playing right, who has the potential to be a tourney contender, who you ideally want people to purchase for additional money..

Why not just put out a video of the dev/tester team showing off said tech, or some of her hidden potential? Even in Ult, now that they think they've balanced her, it could only help sales.

Have Some Flowers!
Aug 27, 2004
Hey, I've got Navigate...

TaurusOxford posted:

ROBOT is my favorite.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Have Some Flowers! posted:

ROBOT is my favorite.

I'm hoping Hulk says something ridiculous like SQUIRREL for Rocket Raccoon.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
Here's a thoroughly enjoyable combo exhibition as a sendoff to Vanilla MvC3.

http://youtu.be/Dv7_7RCKMck

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Just got my payment confirmation from Amazon, sadly gonna have to wait till the 22nd to start playing, not like I was that good anyway but hope I'm not too far in the dust come time to play it v:v:v

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

I don't advertise for free ;-*

TaurusOxford posted:

I'm hoping Hulk says something ridiculous like SQUIRREL for Rocket Raccoon.

Uh, he says chipmunk actually.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
I would've gone for "MONKEY! :argh:" but it s'all good

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

apophenium posted:

Here's a thoroughly enjoyable combo exhibition as a sendoff to Vanilla MvC3.

http://youtu.be/Dv7_7RCKMck

The Haggar combo was pimp

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
Can Wesker still do OTG gunshot into team super? Also for those who have been able to use Wesker in Ultimate, is it worth burning a meter on Phantom Dance to end a combo just to get the shades off?

Groghammer
Aug 10, 2011

On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!
One meter in exchange for future 700k combos for free? Yes.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Merton Blask posted:

I never really understood this - Seth kept going on about how good Jill was, to the point that there was some secret tech so insane that they felt she deserved to be toned down a bit in Ult. But if you've got a character that everyone isn't playing right, who has the potential to be a tourney contender, who you ideally want people to purchase for additional money..

Why not just put out a video of the dev/tester team showing off said tech, or some of her hidden potential? Even in Ult, now that they think they've balanced her, it could only help sales.
Hell, it makes MORE sense now. "Hey guys, here's the crazy secret Jill stuff that was so good we had to patch it out. Good luck finding all the new crazy stuff!"

e: I think I'm going to start using Jon Stewart's NAMBLA joke any time I'm taking about a super. "So when Frank does his shopping cart super, otherwise known as NAMBLA..."

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Dosvidanya posted:

Uh, he says chipmunk actually.

You know what? Good enough. :)

PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*
It doesn't really matter if Jill has super-powerful broken poo poo if you have to be really good to make it work. Because as we all know, there's going to be another Marvel 3 before people have time to do anything but find another Best Friends team. Probably involving Vergil or Strider.

Basically, ten more years months.

PalmTreeFun fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Nov 14, 2011

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HySA0WK0Lo

This looks like the hardest to block character since Magneto.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groghammer
Aug 10, 2011

On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!
Whoa whoa whoa Iron Fist has super armor on his chi special?!

• Locked thread