Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

Nevets posted:

The first few graphical mods (including nude ones) for an Elder Scrolls / Fallout game are always conversions of mods from a previous game.

Thats because they usually reuse the same engine. The model assets are different in Skyrim than previously, however, as the engine has been redeveloped. Certain assets can be reused but the custom bodies from prior games need to be reworked from scratch since there is an obvious difference in proportions when it comes to the skeletal mesh.

SheepNameKiller fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Nov 14, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
And nude mods.

There are already several Skyrim nude mods on the Nexus. Which is really freaky.

edit: I feel this needs to be said again to be emphasized. (not really i just skipped over a post that already said the same thing)

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl

Nevets posted:

The first few graphical mods (including nude ones) for an Elder Scrolls / Fallout game are always conversions of mods from a previous game.

Yeah I remember the early crappy nude mod for Daggerfall

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

CJacobs posted:

And nude mods.

They're not reused though, some dude actually bought the game and started working on a nude texture within 24 hours of release. This is where the priorities of the modding community lie in these games for the most part.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
Scripting question: Hi, I have a scripting question - I want to create an effect whereby for the duration damage comes off of stamina instead of health. I think I could do it by checking health at the beginning of the effect and whenever health changes somehow get the amount changed and subtract it from stamina and re-add the same amount to health until the effect wears off. The main question is, how would I be able to track when health changes? And once I figure that out, how do I track the amount lost? Any thoughts?

Dog Kisser fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Nov 16, 2011

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
They come back. They always come back.

We couldn't make release for The Armory before Skyrim so I figure we wait for things to die down a little while continuing the little bugfixes we've been making in the meantime. Oh, and new to the manual pack will be a sample sound pack that you can use. The FOMOD version of the mod will not use this sample, but the manual installers will be able to try it out if they like.

Chinese Tony Danza
Oct 30, 2007

Crappy Cat Connoisseur
Welp, got my four gigs of RAM and installed it and it seems I'm still experiencing some crashing with the 4 gig launcher. This time it happened after teleporting back to the Mojave with the Big Mountain Transportalponder, which seemed to be happening every once in a while before I was getting regular crashes. Any ideas?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Chinese Tony Danza posted:

Welp, got my four gigs of RAM and installed it and it seems I'm still experiencing some crashing with the 4 gig launcher. This time it happened after teleporting back to the Mojave with the Big Mountain Transportalponder, which seemed to be happening every once in a while before I was getting regular crashes. Any ideas?

That sort of crash is pretty ordinary. I run into it from time to time, myself. Has the RAM expansion helped with general stability, otherwise?

Chinese Tony Danza
Oct 30, 2007

Crappy Cat Connoisseur
So far it seems to have. I seem to be able to play for more than 15-20 minutes at a time without just randomly crashing while walking around, so I've got that going for me now.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Since we are on that subject now I am going to ask my question again if nobody minds.

Zedd posted:

Is there a way to keep nevada skies that doesn't make nights so loving dark I just wait until it is day again? The config utility/tool doesn't help much.
Edit: I used google, is there a way to use both that 4gb allocation + NVSE and FOMM?

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

SheepNameKiller posted:

They're not reused though, some dude actually bought the game and started working on a nude texture within 24 hours of release. This is where the priorities of the modding community lie in these games for the most part.
You gotta be quick. There's no glory in being the creator of the second nude mod.

XTimmy
Nov 28, 2007
I am Jacks self hatred
Trying to run WME and Nevada together, what's the process? Tried downloading a patch .esp from their project sight but FOMM spits that out with an invalid file error.

Deleuzionist
Jul 20, 2010

we respect the antelope; for the antelope is not a mere antelope

Zedd posted:

Since we are on that subject now I am going to ask my question again if nobody minds.

Install the Advanced Recon Gear mod and behold, multi-setting night vision goggles are yours. Seriously, I suggest this instead of looking for ways to tone down the darkness.

Dweller
Sep 6, 2008
So like a month ago Cream-of-Plenty did some work putting together the Low Profile Armor Mod before:

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I sort of gave up on LPAM after I couldn't convince GECK to add the items to any vendors, even after following tutorials / imitating other mods. I'll probably start back up on it when the quarter's over, but most of it doesn't work as advertised at the moment. If I do get the ball rolling again, I'll definitely do what you're requesting, so that the repair system works as intended.

I really liked the idea behind LPAM so I made some changes that should fix a few issues people were having. Basically, armours have been added to repair/vendor lists, leveled list stuff has been tweaked for NPC spawns (these are a mess, so many Fallout 3 leftovers) and pipboy icon references have been fixed.

One very important thing to note: the start-up script uses the"AddToLeveledList" function extensively. Unfortunately, changes made this way are stored in saves and cannot be undone. This means removing the mod will probably corrupt your save or at least cause the game to crash when you visit a merchant.

So, on the off chance there's anyone out there not playing Skyrim, here's the file: http://www.mediafire.com/?6yhz351asmb7boa http://www.mediafire.com/?dcm2gyl7lu2ogph. At the very least it might be a good base if/when Cream-of-Plenty goes back to LPAM.

Fake Edit: Oh god, just noticed there's a Skyrim subforum. This game is so dead.

Dweller fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Mar 8, 2012

Ansith
Nov 8, 2010

Elongated Baked Bean
I'm sorting out an EM-2 mod for rossmum at the moment, he wants a custom ammo type for it and I'm new to using the GECK. How would I go about doing it? I imagine it won't be too hard considering how easy everything else has been.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
Daymn is this thread big.

Will i miss a lot of good stuff if i just read the OP and be done with it? I don't want to miss good stuff :ohdear:

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

RottenK posted:

Daymn is this thread big.

Will i miss a lot of good stuff if i just read the OP and be done with it? I don't want to miss good stuff :ohdear:

I've been checking out the Nexus every 2 or 3 days to see what the community's pushed out, but there hasn't been a lot of activity since Skyrim was released (unsurprisingly.) I think the OP's got a majority of the mods you'd be interested in using, but there's obviously a lot of smaller stuff that individuals prefer but isn't worth putting on the OP.

Dweller posted:

So like a month ago Cream-of-Plenty did some work putting together the Low Profile Armor Mod before:

I really liked the idea behind LPAM so I made some changes that should fix a few issues people were having. Basically, armours have been added to repair/vendor lists, leveled list stuff has been tweaked for NPC spawns (these are a mess, so many Fallout 3 leftovers) and pipboy icon references have been fixed.

One very important thing to note: the start-up script uses the"AddToLeveledList" function extensively. Unfortunately, changes made this way are stored in saves and cannot be undone. This means removing the mod will probably corrupt your save or at least cause the game to crash when you visit a merchant.

So, on the off chance there's anyone out there not playing Skyrim, here's the file: http://www.mediafire.com/?6yhz351asmb7boa. At the very least it might be a good base if/when Cream-of-Plenty goes back to LPAM.

Fake Edit: Oh god, just noticed there's a Skyrim subforum. This game is so dead.

You're a braver soul than me. Thanks for doing this.

XTimmy
Nov 28, 2007
I am Jacks self hatred
How does one detonate Remote Explosives in Project Nevada? I've tried holding the reload, alt fire and throw keys to no avail.

hairrorist
Mar 29, 2011
Try a detonator.

[edit]
That came off a lot more smug than I intended.

hairrorist fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Nov 20, 2011

No. 8 - Crab Delight
Jan 27, 2006
Does anyone have any experience installing/troubleshooting Requiem for a Capital Wasteland? I put it in on a clean NV install and half of the characters have a completely white face, the landscapes are randomly blue and the loading screens are all purple. There's little to no mention of them in the threads and readme files. There was some mention of editing one of the config files to fix the albinos but that didn't work.

No. 8 - Crab Delight fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Nov 20, 2011

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Okay I remodded my game and I think this is as stable as it is going to get:

quote:

FalloutNV.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
LonesomeRoad.esm
GunRunnersArsenal.esm
NVCE Main.esm
Project Nevada - Core.esm
oHUD.esm
DarNifiedUINV.esp
The Mod Configuration Menu.esp
BetterGamePerformanceV3.esp
Project Nevada - Dead Money.esp
Project Nevada - Honest Hearts.esp
Project Nevada - Old World Blues (No Cyberware).esp
SignatureArmor.esp
SignatureWeapons.esp
NVCE DLC02.esp
NVCE DLC03.esp
NVCE DLC04.esp
OWB Companion Teleport.esp
OWB Moddable FIDO.esp
OWB More Vendor Caps.esp
OWB Stealth Field Suit.esp
OWB Valence Extra.esp
Centered 3rd Person Camera - Unraised.esp
PipBoyLightx1.5.esp
The Weapon Mod Menu.esp
LFox Bottle That Water.esp
SimpleStreetLights.esp
Lucky 38 Suite Expansion.esp
Lucky 38 Balcony.esp
SimpleStreetLights (Extra Lights).esp
Lombard Station.esp
Lombard Station - Dead Money.esp
Lombard Station - Honest Hearts.esp
Lombard Station - Old World Blues.esp
Lombard Station - Lonesome Road.esp
Lombard Station - Gun Runners' Arsenal.esp
Fellout.esp
Fellout-OWB.esp
friendofnightforfellout.esp

Total active plugins: 42
Total plugins: 44

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

Cummander ross, reporting for duty!

:gooncamp:
Anyone here with NV Bounties II know what Fisk's rusty key is for? I found it, but nothing relating to what it unlocks, and now I'm curious.

NEVERMIND :haw:

rossmum fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Nov 22, 2011

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
So if I released The Armory v2.5 tomorrow, would anyone care or is everyone still addicted to Skyrim? Funnily enough, we actually finished development on 11.11.11. Should be obvious why we waited and during the wait we fixed a few more things but we're kind of down to the wire of things left to fix before we reach the point of starting to work on the unfinished/adding/replacing new stuff.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Naky posted:

So if I released The Armory v2.5 tomorrow, would anyone care or is everyone still addicted to Skyrim? Funnily enough, we actually finished development on 11.11.11. Should be obvious why we waited and during the wait we fixed a few more things but we're kind of down to the wire of things left to fix before we reach the point of starting to work on the unfinished/adding/replacing new stuff.

I think most people are preoccupied with Skyrim. The good news is, it's not really a replacement for New Vegas. I, myself, found I would bounce between Oblivion and Fallout 3 depending on my mood. Sci-fi guns or swords and magic? The only difference is, now we have two plainly superior replacements for those two games (New Vegas and Skyrim.)

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Naky posted:

I'd play it. I've been holding off on Skyrim until I can get a machine that will handle it better. New Vegas though runs just fine (or at least, as fine as NV can run).

Arthur D Wolfe
Sep 26, 2007

"Holy shit you are a
loathsome jerk, Arthur.
"

Naky posted:

So if I released The Armory v2.5 tomorrow...
Not one more word, just give me my fix of wonderful, wonderful small arms. I have been putting off playing NV because I want to do a fresh Armory 2.5 + all DLC run and truly finish the game, and Skyrim is just what I fiddle with while waiting.

Refried Hero
Jan 22, 2006

King of the grill

Naky posted:

I'd play the poo poo out of it. Don't have money for Skyrim anyways, so I need New Vegas to tide me over.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
Anime Schoolgirl would like me to repackage the final build since I somehow included the second latest build of his sample sound pack instead of the latest, but I'll try to get it up tonight. Suggestions on free file hosting sites that will accept a 750MB file and a 950MB file unbroken would be great though. Filefront no longer accepts files that large and I can't divide them up :( I don't want to completely destroy Magic's hosting, though a torrent is an option too.

Republican Vampire
Jun 2, 2007

It looks like More Where That Came From is gone off the Nexus. Does anyone know where I could get it? Alternatively, does anyone know of any other good track packs to use with the radio generator?

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
After releasing 2.0 back in June, we realized afterwards that it was a pretty big gongshow of a release. A lot of poo poo that we fixed didn't make it into release due to me being overwhelmed and overworked and forgetting to copy poo poo over. A lack of testers also contributed to it and we realized that we really needed to button down and have a massive focus on quality control - the original goal for The Armory in the first place.

Thankfully with the release of 2.0, somehow we still impressed enough people that a bunch of people volunteered to help test and work on the mod and actually stuck around these past few months to help out and I'm very much appreciative of those people, especially MediocrityGoggles who has pretty much taken over the development of the mod in terms of fixing stuff and has been for the past couple months as I was (and still am) fairly burnt out on the mod after working on it every evening and most weekends for 10 months straight.

In all that, do you know that I've put in 160 hours into the game according to Steam and I haven't even finished it once? I'm not even sure if I'm half way through it, so focused was I on the mod. So with 2.5, I'm fairly satisfied with the status of the mod right now and I'm semi-retiring from the development of it. I'm not sure if the rest of the team will continue on with development but I've left a lot of unfinished resources in this release (that you can find in the Cabinet of Shame) with a few more I can contribute still sitting on my hard drive and I'm still gonna be sticking around to help out doing the 3D work they need and any conversions but I believe I'm done with the rest of it at the moment.

So! With that boring stuff out of the way...

THE ARMORY v2.5

Features:

- Tons, and tons, and tons of bugfixes: massive changelog!
- ~50 new weapons, with a handful of mesh and/or texture improvements on several of existing ones!
- New sound system structure that allows for easy sound mods!
- New but unfinished immersion focused esp (really encourage people to finish this one!)
- Complete and TOTAL rebalance done on all weapons!
- Leveled lists now have nearly 50% of the pack's weapons in the game... doesn't sound like a lot? That's over 150 new weapons integrated into the game. Enough?
- Massive focus on quality across the board!
- New support for DLCs!
- New version of AAS - Alternate Armor System by Anime Schoolgirl!
- List of all the weapons in the pack!

:siren: IMPORTANT NOTE :siren:

WAR (Weapon Animation Replacers) is absolutely REQUIRED. Several animations in the pack depend on it. NOT. OPTIONAL. A large portion of our bug reports come from people who haven't installed it OR have a botched install of it.

Download:

The Armory v2.5: Pre-made FOMOD (950mb)

OR

The Armory v2.5: FOMOD-Ready Manual Install 7zip (750mb)

Mirrors would be appreciated if you're able to, and a torrent might be a good idea too. I think Magic's hosting is going to take a big hit right now... (sorry man :( )

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

For anyone missing the realism ESP which I didn't do because it was broken and stupid:

Just divide gun spreads by 10.

NickPancakes
Oct 27, 2004

Damnit, somebody get me a tissue.

Naky posted:

Rad. Installing.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
If anyone's interested, I'm currently working on updating my old personal CaliberX Armory patch for 2.5. I just used it for myself before, but if someone else wants to use it I can probably post it to megaUpload or something when it's done (it's just a simple .esp file, no extra data or anything).

If you don't know what it is, CaliberX is a modding resource that adds a bunch of extra weapon calibers to the game, so using that with this patch gives every weapon the correct ammo type (like 5.45x39 for the AK-74 instead of 5.56 NATO). Obviously this is going to make it more difficult to find the right kinds of ammo for your weapons, but it's more realistic if you're anal about that.

Also this literally only changes the ammo type used by the gun. It doesn't make any balance changes based on the new calibers - that's way more effort than I wanted to put into something that I was only using myself. If someone else wants to dive in and give it a shot feel free.

(One thing to note is that it also rolls in the ballistics mod because I use that, and the new ammo types need their own ballistic data, so if you have performance problems with that addon you probably want to skip this one).

The Cheshire Cat fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Nov 23, 2011

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Naky posted:

THE ARMORY v2.5

Mirrors would be appreciated if you're able to, and a torrent might be a good idea too. I think Magic's hosting is going to take a big hit right now... (sorry man :( )

I shoved them into my dropbox; speed should be good, but I'm not really sure on the bandwidth that dropbox allows. If it's up, it's up; if it's down, sorry, nothing I can do for a few days.

Nevertheless, go ahead and prioritize these over samod's to try and mitigate the damage to that server. I mean, hey, I don't pay anything for dropbox, and I can go a few days without uploading/downloading to my 'box.

Zip!
FOMOD!

Namnesor fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Nov 23, 2011

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl
I've never really gotten past Megaton on Fallout 3. Once I wrap up this (vanilla as hell + some DLC) New Vegas run I was considering going nuts on Fallout 3 mods and then doing a playthrough. Any "must-haves" for a truly WTF experience?

Refried Hero
Jan 22, 2006

King of the grill

Naky posted:

THE ARMORY v2.5

Thanks ever so much.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

:stare:

You know, I knew it had a ton of stuff, but seeing it all listed out really drives that home.

Ansith
Nov 8, 2010

Elongated Baked Bean

Naky posted:

THE ARMORY v2.5

Awesome. I'm glad that more weapons are in the leveled lists, I swear everyone seemed to have the same 5 or so weapons on them in v2.0. I'll definitely have to do my next play through with an Armory weapon as my signature weapon.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

The Cheshire Cat posted:

If anyone's interested, I'm currently working on updating my old personal CaliberX Armory patch for 2.5. I just used it for myself before, but if someone else wants to use it I can probably post it to megaUpload or something when it's done (it's just a simple .esp file, no extra data or anything).

This is awesome. I had to remove the CaliberX support esp from 2.0 because safetyhammer didn't get around to updating it. One thing that's really surprised us is how little people have modded The Armory on their own and released it - we designed it so that it would be easy for you do to your own thing with it without relying on us.

I hope someone has the desire to finish the Immersion esp too. I burnt out while working on it, but I placed about 50 weapons around in the game world before doing so. I didn't get around to adding mods to the vendor lists or anything like that though so it's pretty much incomplete. Would be nice for those of you who didn't want to use the cabinets and didn't like all the modern weapons included in the leveled lists.

Oh, and can anyone report if that Weapon Mod Removal mod thingy works with The Armory? I don't think any of the testers was using it and I've been curious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

redmercer posted:

I've never really gotten past Megaton on Fallout 3. Once I wrap up this (vanilla as hell + some DLC) New Vegas run I was considering going nuts on Fallout 3 mods and then doing a playthrough. Any "must-haves" for a truly WTF experience?

The standard load-out for modding Fallout 3 probably goes something like this:

1. Fallout Wanderer's Edition: This is the core of your modding experience. Fully customizable, with pages and pages of settings to tweak the overhaul to your liking. Can make the game much more difficult if you feel so inclined.

2. MMM: Not only expands on the selection of enemies in the game, but introduces a bunch of new dynamics to make the old ones a little more interesting (reworks the faction systems to create a more believable ecology; gives creatures the ability to hunt and loot corpses; can increase the number of actors that spawn at any given location, etc.) Like FWE, it's highly customizable and is built to work with big overhauls like FWE.

3. Weapon Mod Kits: The precursor to New Vegas's weapon modding system. It's nowhere near as creative or expansive as this (or WME and WMX), but it gives you a lot more to work with than FO3, by default.

4. DCInteriors: Makes a ton of previously boarded-up buildings and homes actually accessible. Makes wandering around towns / DC more interesting, since there's a hell of a lot more to explore.

5. NMC's Texture Pack: Overhauls the vanilla textures, and does a good job doing it. Like New Vegas, it comes in three sizes, so pick the size that works best with your PC.

Between those five mods, you should have a pretty good leg up on the game. FWE adds a lot of canon-friendly guns to the game, too, in case the sparse variety FO3 had to offer isn't doing it for you.