Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

I don't advertise for free ;-*
Some other iron fist things:

His defense chi is pretty substantial. It turns a 570k damage combo into a 432k damage combo.

His attack chi turns a 570k combo into near 700k.

Oh, and they run out. They don't last forever as purported in the preview videos as far as i remember.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dunk Bot 3000
Mar 19, 2009

JesusLovesRonwell posted:

The Gamestop in-store sales representative told me Assassin's Creed Something.
Halo: Anniversary and Saints Row 3 as well.

Cinroth
Dec 11, 2008

Has it never occured
to you that this club
is overpopulated?
Vergil owns

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sekxkq9T0Eo&feature=feedf

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008

Dre2Dee posted:

People with the game - is online improved noticeably?

Here's Maximilian's online impressions: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtrZIIFKWxs

I haven't been on myself to check, I've been too busy slamming my head against a wall trying to get my execution back up to par.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

chumbler posted:

Is there every any reason you might want to choose the slide otg?

Assuming it's like MvC2, orb requires two separate moves: one sonic boom to arm an orb, and another to actually launch it. If you don't have one charged before the combo, presumably you wouldn't have one available to OTG with.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Just came on here to post that video. Goddamn

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Brosnan posted:

Assuming it's like MvC2, orb requires two separate moves: one sonic boom to arm an orb, and another to actually launch it. If you don't have one charged before the combo, presumably you wouldn't have one available to OTG with.

The motion in UMvC3 is qcb+S, then the same command again to launch it. In the videos I've seen people have been able to make and launch an orb in the time after landing from the j.S flying screen. The guide preview said it takes a bit of practice, but is doable.

Also Vergil's Japanese voice sounds really weird and doesn't really fit. But then I heard the English voice first so that probably colored my perception.

Edit: VVVV Get out. Smug Vergil is much better than whatever Japanese Vergil is trying to be.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Nov 14, 2011

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
Wow, Vergil's Japanese voice actor is 50000000000 times better than his English one.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I cannot loving wait for tomorrow so I can start playing this glorious bastard.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Waterbed posted:

Wow, Vergil's Japanese voice actor is 50000000000 times better than his English one.
To me sounds exactly like the English one except the words he says are Japanese

Although to be honest I'm a pretty bad at evaluating Nihon-koku voice acting except in a few exceptional cases where it's really obvious that the guy is doing an awesome job (JP Bison in SF4 sup).

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.
That Vergil loop looks hella sick but it's probably Hulk/Sentinel/Nemesis only. :smith:
Also, English Vergil for life.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"
Yeah, this is probably because I've played DMC3 to death but Vergil's japanese voice just doesn't work for me.

Frank on the other hand...

Love his original voice but his japanese one is Takamura Mamoru! (Ippo represent, yo). So I'm conflicted on which one to use. :ohdear:

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

40 second combo :psyduck:

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

Zaa Boogie posted:

Yeah, this is probably because I've played DMC3 to death but Vergil's japanese voice just doesn't work for me.

Frank on the other hand...

Love his original voice but his japanese one is Takamura Mamoru! (Ippo represent, yo). So I'm conflicted on which one to use. :ohdear:

Frank's japanese voice owns.

Cinroth
Dec 11, 2008

Has it never occured
to you that this club
is overpopulated?

Waterbed posted:

No you are pretty much wrong!

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

InnercityGriot posted:

I suck so hard, goddamn. Mission mode is loving me in the rear end, Clockwork was probably talking directly to me when he said on WNF that he thought the mission mode was harder.

And the achievement is 480/500 (assuming you bought Jill and Shuma) which sounds really rough to get without more DLC characters.

ChewyLSB
Jan 13, 2008

Destroy the core

Waterbed posted:

Look at this post. Look at how wrong you are.

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

Hey just in case people are looking to use Nova tomorrow I'm gonna post some scrub observations :c00l:

First: everything he does is unsafe. everything.

Second: you can make it safe using grav barrier and jav attack and then do the move, or better, use an assist.

Third: the only move of his that you can make "safe" by itself is human rocket punch M or H mid air as they will go through blocking opponents if they aren't in the corner.

Fourth: it's really easy to get 600-700k with him one bar.

Fifth: It's really annoying how hard it is to pick up opponents with F+H after hitting them with air.S. Basically, if Air S only hits them once or twice, don't bother, just otg into super with DPM L.

Sixth: you can pick up your opponent with strider's assist from almost everywhere with DPM L into super, but if you're half screen away or so you can dash F+H into full combo.

Seventh: can't seem to figure out any tech other than his basic combo. Most of his moves have insane startup and recovery so using them in combo is unadvisable. You can get a QCF L in there with red health for a wall bounce or a QCB L for more hits but no follow up after the QCB L (unless you count super)

FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming

Dosvidanya posted:

Hey just in case people are looking to use Nova tomorrow I'm gonna post some scrub observations :c00l:

First: everything he does is unsafe. everything.

Second: you can make it safe using grav barrier and jav attack and then do the move, or better, use an assist.

Third: the only move of his that you can make "safe" by itself is human rocket punch M or H mid air as they will go through blocking opponents if they aren't in the corner.

Fourth: it's really easy to get 600-700k with him one bar.

Fifth: It's really annoying how hard it is to pick up opponents with F+H after hitting them with air.S. Basically, if Air S only hits them once or twice, don't bother, just otg into super with DPM L.

Sixth: you can pick up your opponent with strider's assist from almost everywhere with DPM L into super, but if you're half screen away or so you can dash F+H into full combo.

Seventh: can't seem to figure out any tech other than his basic combo. Most of his moves have insane startup and recovery so using them in combo is unadvisable. You can get a QCF L in there with red health for a wall bounce or a QCB L for more hits but no follow up after the QCB L (unless you count super)

Seth Killian said most of his specials are fly cancellable. Which ones?

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

I'll check~

Eighth: you can't dash cancel his air normals at all :(

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
I heard that the only normals Frank has that actually hit low are his slide and that OTG sweep he gets when he level's up. Can someone see if that's true?

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

You can't flight cancel his specials...

you can flight cancel his normals.

Holy poo poo this makes slide safe. He literally appears mid air if you cancel slide into flight.

pissdude
Jul 15, 2003

(and can't post for 6 years!)

Dosvidanya posted:

You can't flight cancel his specials...

you can flight cancel his normals.

Holy poo poo this makes slide safe. He literally appears mid air if you cancel slide into flight.

Can you do like Magneto and dash cancel his air normals while in flight mode?

FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming
Someone find a ROM with Iron Man using his new air dash cancels tia

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

Callick posted:

Can you do like Magneto and dash cancel his air normals while in flight mode?

Nope :(

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkDih50_Kbg

Here's video of nova slide cancel so you can see why I'm like dayum.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Niddhogg posted:

Someone find a ROM with Iron Man using his new air dash cancels tia
You mean like this?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFY-7wjZlSI
Let's send off vanilla marvel with a zero damage combo video

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Cat Machine posted:

To me sounds exactly like the English one except the words he says are Japanese

Although to be honest I'm a pretty bad at evaluating Nihon-koku voice acting except in a few exceptional cases where it's really obvious that the guy is doing an awesome job (JP Bison in SF4 sup).

Anytime you hear a male Japanese VA absolutely KILLING it, you can pretty much go "Oh, that's Norio Wakamoto."

Vengarr fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Nov 14, 2011

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Dosvidanya posted:

That looks ridiculous.

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

anyway, did some testing and

c.mhs sj.mmhs dpm l dpm 2xattacks does 625kish

c.mhs sj mmh fly mmhs (s cancels flight automatically) dpm l dpm 2xattacks does 650kish.

Note that that's off the slide which can be immediately canceled if it's blocked.

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

He also has some thor poo poo going on in that he can't air dash during his flight but if you sj, fly to the top of the ceiling, he can air dash while in flight.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Dosvidanya posted:

anyway, did some testing and

c.mhs sj.mmhs dpm l dpm 2xattacks does 625kish

c.mhs sj mmh fly mmhs (s cancels flight automatically) dpm l dpm 2xattacks does 650kish.

Note that that's off the slide which can be immediately canceled if it's blocked.

That's not too shabby for 1 bar. Any chance of you testing out his damage output with some assists?

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Dosvidanya posted:

If the opponent blocks the slide and you cancel to flight can you overhead them before they leave blockstun or at least get a frame trap?

I wouldn't say flight canceling makes the slide safe since you can't block while flying. Is his j.S an overhead and is the slide a low? Is slide xx flight into j.S a mixup?

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

I'm not good at the game and assists deteriorate his combos a lot. He doesn't need assists for damage, he needs them to get in :shobon:

Just throwing in frank's cart assist at the beginning plunks it down to 430k.

Dren posted:

If the opponent blocks the slide and you cancel to flight can you overhead them before they leave blockstun or at least get a frame trap?

I wouldn't say flight canceling makes the slide safe since you can't block while flying. Is his j.S an overhead and is the slide a low? Is slide xx flight into j.S a mixup?

Whenever I say safe, I mean "safe" in quotes. S takes a little long to come out from flight and nova mirror match (with other nova crouching) none of the attacks hit.

Essentially you have to cancel flight immediately to drop and do it or have a lock down assist.

Dosvidanya fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Nov 14, 2011

endlosnull
Dec 29, 2006

flatluigi posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFY-7wjZlSI
Let's send off vanilla marvel with a zero damage combo video

Holy gently caress that video is amazing. The Viewtiful Joe bomb bouncing was hilarious, the Magneto/Wesker invincibilities and counters looked like a beautiful dance, and then the combination of all the glitches was the icing on the cake.

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

cmhs air mmhs frank assist otg dpm l deteriorates the combo too much so you can't hit them after the cart.

cmhs air mmhs F+H s lets you tac for a little while.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtrZIIFKWxs

Maximillion saves the day for those wondering about the online.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
Here's the full cinematic Trailer for UmvC3, everyone is in it now (if you are looking for Ammy and Dormammu, they are in the background during the Thor and Trish part)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSSILyBYtfs&feature=player_embedded

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

I just want to confirm that online is pretty good. Not AH3 good or GGPO good, but feasible. Unlike the abomination that came before :aaa:

• Locked thread