Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eviljelly
Aug 29, 2004

You would THINK that Phuket should be manageable and easy, but ReindeerF is totally right - Krabi is a much better choice. Phuket Town is a dead has-been commercial center, now a transport hub for package/resort tourists looking to get out to the beaches. It costs a fortune to do anything in Phuket province, including getting around.

Krabi, on the other hand, is a small, manageable town (also a has-been commercial center) where you can walk around and get your bearings easily. There's no shortage of transport choices to get you basically everywhere you want to go - Koh Phi Phi, Koh Lanta, Koh Yao, Khao Sok, Raileh, whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saintv77
Aug 5, 2008

ReindeerF posted:

If you haven't booked your Phuket flight, just book Air Asia direct into Krabi instead (where I'll be this weekend!). Otherwise, just head down to Krabi from Phuket. From Krabi you can do a bunch of the stuff Phuket's famous for.

eviljelly posted:

You would THINK that Phuket should be manageable and easy, but ReindeerF is totally right - Krabi is a much better choice. Phuket Town is a dead has-been commercial center, now a transport hub for package/resort tourists looking to get out to the beaches. It costs a fortune to do anything in Phuket province, including getting around.

Krabi, on the other hand, is a small, manageable town (also a has-been commercial center) where you can walk around and get your bearings easily. There's no shortage of transport choices to get you basically everywhere you want to go - Koh Phi Phi, Koh Lanta, Koh Yao, Khao Sok, Raileh, whatever.

Sounds great, and is exactly the kind of thing I would want to hear. Krabi it is then! Just checking the last few things before leaving for glasgow airport now.

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro

Saintv77 posted:

Sounds great, and is exactly the kind of thing I would want to hear. Krabi it is then! Just checking the last few things before leaving for glasgow airport now.
Nevermind our advice, coming from Glasgow, Phuket will seem friendly and safe.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

MonkeeKong posted:

Oh yeah I've heard plenty of horror stories about the tubing. So far seventeen people have died this year so I think I'll skip out on the happy shakes and take it easy with the Lao Lao.

17 deaths? That seems a lot. Although it's possible. I was there and people do the dummest things. stay away from the ropes and platforms and the buckets of alcohol (or at least the combination of the two).
The town is nice for a couple of days. But seeing and talking to the 24/7 drunk people who've been there for weeks becomes very sad fast.

Cheesemaster200
Feb 11, 2004

Guard of the Citadel

mrfart posted:

17 deaths? That seems a lot. Although it's possible. I was there and people do the dummest things. stay away from the ropes and platforms and the buckets of alcohol (or at least the combination of the two).
The town is nice for a couple of days. But seeing and talking to the 24/7 drunk people who've been there for weeks becomes very sad fast.

When I was there, this guy was completely shitfaced/high and hitting on this girl I was with. He eventually floated on rambling on about stuff until he passed out in his tube. We thought he was going to drown because his head was almost in the water, but he would spring to life every few minutes.

We figure he probably just floated down to Cambodia or something...

Rojkir
Jun 26, 2007

WARNING:I AM A FASCIST PIECE OF SHIT.
Police beatings get me hard

Cheesemaster200 posted:

When I was there, this guy was completely shitfaced/high and hitting on this girl I was with. He eventually floated on rambling on about stuff until he passed out in his tube. We thought he was going to drown because his head was almost in the water, but he would spring to life every few minutes.

We figure he probably just floated down to Cambodia or something...

The amount of ridiculous stories that place generates must be great forsome student column or something. I didn't go there (man I can get shitfaced with random aussies and new sealanders in Amsterdam(where I live)), but I during my travels I heard some sick and twisted stories originating from the tubing. I guess I like that they haven't bannd it yet, but goddamn, 17 deats a year would make any sane country doubt that activity.
How do you guys think that poo poo ranks on the scale of hypocrisy if I say they should ban it, while italy and switzerland allow canyoning, switzerland and austria have many more deaths a year on a mountain slope and nepal makes a shitload of money on people killing themselves on everest..
(Though all the other examples are without being drunk obviously)

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Responsible skilled adults are allowed to kill themselves by flinging their bodies down rivers or mountainsides. 18 year old bogans are a precious commodity, however, and if not allowed to mature into 19 year old bogans you get a left shift in the Retardation Gradient which in turn results in every Asian baby being born with a hairmole and cokenail. This is why you only see protectionism for younger bogans in pro-hairmole/pro-cokenail Asian nations.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

Rojkir posted:

The amount of ridiculous stories that place generates must be great forsome student column or something. I didn't go there (man I can get shitfaced with random aussies and new sealanders in Amsterdam(where I live)), but I during my travels I heard some sick and twisted stories originating from the tubing. I guess I like that they haven't bannd it yet, but goddamn, 17 deats a year would make any sane country doubt that activity.
How do you guys think that poo poo ranks on the scale of hypocrisy if I say they should ban it, while italy and switzerland allow canyoning, switzerland and austria have many more deaths a year on a mountain slope and nepal makes a shitload of money on people killing themselves on everest..
(Though all the other examples are without being drunk obviously)

But where is the number 17 coming from? Lonely planet says 'at least 5 in recent years'. Not saying it's not true, just like to know more.
I don't think they should ban it. But some basic regulation wouldn't hurt I guess.
It seems fairly easy to prevent some of these deaths.
Unlike your other examples. But maybe I'm just being a party pooper now.

Rojkir
Jun 26, 2007

WARNING:I AM A FASCIST PIECE OF SHIT.
Police beatings get me hard
Valid point, I guess we shouldn't rely on hearsay too much. But man, I wasn't in Asia for that long and everyone I spoke to who'd been tubing had another retarded story about someone going apeshit on drug x or y. I guess if they're gonna put in some basic regulation it's immediately over. Basic regulation would be like "don't serve alcohol alongside the river" and that would kill it instantly (if uphold).
Also sorry for the retarded amount of spelling mistakes in the post you just quoted, I should proofread more.

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro
On the Krabi note, due to flooding, THAI has a number of promotions right now with more for the South announced this week. If you're planning on booking a flight domestically, check THAI first and if the price is within a few hundred Baht take THAI as Air Asia will try to gently caress you for every single thing they can find, heh. My Air Asia flight to Krabi was about 2,150 after taxes and fees and every other loving thing while my THAI flight was 2,020 or so after taxes with no hassles or tricks or traps.

ReindeerF fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Nov 12, 2011

Pro-PRC Laowai
Sep 30, 2004

by toby

ReindeerF posted:

On the Krabi note, due to flooding, THAI has a number of promotions right now with more for the South announced this week. If you're planning on booking a flight domestically, check THAI first and if the price is within a few hundred Baht take THAI as Air Asia will try to gently caress you for every single thing they can find, heh. My Air Asia flight to Krabi was about 2,150 after taxes and fees and every other loving thing while my THAI flight was 2,020 or so after taxes with no hassles or tricks or traps.

Similar thinking in general. I just flat out avoid any and all of the fee-based airlines. The seats are cramped and in the end if you want to just have a "decent" flight like you would on any other airline with the same levels of service, you'll pay a shitload more. Or ya know, be treated like poo poo and save a trivial amount.

Jenkin
Jan 21, 2003

Piracy is our only option.

MonkeeKong posted:

Oh yeah I've heard plenty of horror stories about the tubing. So far seventeen people have died this year so I think I'll skip out on the happy shakes and take it easy with the Lao Lao.

If you want to hang out on the river, I suggest kayaking. You are further upriver than the tubing route and you can go through an amazing underwater cave. I had a wonderful time. At the end of the trip our group did go tubing for a little bit, but I stuck to a few Beer Lao (easier to avoid getting roofied, which is another huge problem) and it was kind of fun but very surreal.

MonkeeKong
May 17, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Jenkin posted:

If you want to hang out on the river, I suggest kayaking. You are further upriver than the tubing route and you can go through an amazing underwater cave. I had a wonderful time. At the end of the trip our group did go tubing for a little bit, but I stuck to a few Beer Lao (easier to avoid getting roofied, which is another huge problem) and it was kind of fun but very surreal.

I'm going to try kayaking tomorrow. Did the tubing yesterday and went on all the swings and slides I told myself I shouldn't go on. Great fun really. I think I will do some caving and rock climbing also but right now I want to get drunk again.

mrfart posted:

But where is the number 17 coming from? Lonely planet says 'at least 5 in recent years'. Not saying it's not true, just like to know more.
I don't think they should ban it. But some basic regulation wouldn't hurt I guess.
It seems fairly easy to prevent some of these deaths.
Unlike your other examples. But maybe I'm just being a party pooper now.

I've met a lot of people who mentions that number. It might be bullshit though. I'm going to ask around a bit.

Bulging Nipples
Jan 16, 2006
What's the point in tubing if you don't get raucously drunk and do dangerous fun stuff that's why you go and it rules. Just go with friends and keep an eye on each other. If that doesnt sound fun then you probably shouldn't go, but thankfully there are good alt activities like climbing and kayaking.

Saintv77
Aug 5, 2008

Hey guys, got into Krabi town early yesterday and spent most of the day sleeping off my two day travel or eating all the awesome cheap stuff out of 7-11. I have to thank everyone who suggested Krabi again as it feels like a great area and really cheap. If the pad thai I had for breakfast doesn't put me out of commisssion I'll do something like kayaking tomorrow. Are any of the tour packages I see tons of flyers for in what seems like every shop/lobby any good, or should I just head down and book something directly?

Saintv77 fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Nov 14, 2011

MonkeeKong
May 17, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Bulging Nipples posted:

What's the point in tubing if you don't get raucously drunk and do dangerous fun stuff that's why you go and it rules. Just go with friends and keep an eye on each other. If that doesnt sound fun then you probably shouldn't go, but thankfully there are good alt activities like climbing and kayaking.

That's completely true, but I think my liver and my lungs need a rest now. I also managed to get my feet infected just by wearing flip flops and swimming in dirty river water.

B-Rad
Aug 8, 2006

Bulging Nipples posted:

That first swing at the first bar was one of the most terrifying climbs ever, and I'm not particularly afraid of heights. As soon as I got up there, a little laotian kid that was holding the rope, and he said, "Do a backflip, you pussy!". I thought that was pretty hilarious, but was too scared to do anything more than an accidental belly-flop that made me sore for two days.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Got my Thailand vacation all scheduled, I'm really excited for it!

I'll be spending about a week in Phuket proper doing a dive course, then I'm off to Koh Phi Phi and Krabi to do some exploring. Total time in-country is 15 days. I'm stoked!

Vaya con Dios
Sep 7, 2011
I've never really seriously considered going to SE Asia but reading this thread has opened my eyes to how it could actually be possible for me in January. I apologize if my question(s) have already been answered, because I haven't read all 76 pages of the thread...

Anyway, this will probably seem like a stupid concern. I'm in the military (reserves right now) and am worried about traveling in this region. One reason is for the headaches it will create with security clearances in the future, but whatever. Another is my general appearance. I'm usually rocking a medium regulation haircut, am 6'3, blonde haired and blue eyed, and most of my clothes/luggage are either military gear or like paramilitary looking stuff. Obviously I can just not cut my hair while I'm there and wear/bring some more civilian looking stuff - but is that something I need to bother with? I'm just worried about being the target of anti-american hostility or drawing the wrong kind of attention from police/government officials.

Once again I apologize for how neurotic of a thing that is to worry about but if anyone has any experience/opinion on that subject I'd love to hear it. I'm thinking of traveling to Thailand and Vietnam for sure.

eviljelly
Aug 29, 2004

Vaya con Dios posted:

I'm in the military (reserves right now) and am worried about traveling in this region. One reason is for the headaches it will create with security clearances in the future, but whatever.
You might want to ask military goons in their thread if you're really neurotic about this - I have no idea how all that works - but I have a hard time figuring out how traveling to SE Asia would create security clearance problems for you. Stay out of Myanmar if you're really paranoid, I guess?

quote:

Obviously I can just not cut my hair while I'm there and wear/bring some more civilian looking stuff - but is that something I need to bother with?
Not in Thailand, for sure.

(Most of) SE Asia is so well traveled by now and there are basically established places you can go. Look, there's even a name for what young white travelers with weeks/months of leisure time do in SE Asia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banana_Pancake_Trail .

I traveled through the U.S. and Europe before coming to travel through SE Asia, and I gotta say, it's way, way easier and safer to travel here than in either of those places if you're doing the normal tourist destinations/routes (even the places that guidebooks claim are off the beaten path). If thousands of stupid drunken 19 year old Europeans/Australians can figure it out, you can figure it out, no problem.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Vaya con Dios posted:

Anyway, this will probably seem like a stupid concern. I'm in the military (reserves right now) and am worried about traveling in this region. One reason is for the headaches it will create with security clearances in the future, but whatever. Another is my general appearance. I'm usually rocking a medium regulation haircut, am 6'3, blonde haired and blue eyed, and most of my clothes/luggage are either military gear or like paramilitary looking stuff. Obviously I can just not cut my hair while I'm there and wear/bring some more civilian looking stuff - but is that something I need to bother with? I'm just worried about being the target of anti-american hostility or drawing the wrong kind of attention from police/government officials.

I'm almost entirely certain that SE Asia has never seen a kid in military gear traveling through for fun.

Target of hostility? What hostility? Even in Vietnam they're more over it than most people in America are and the other countries in the region have either been staunch allies or in the good graces of Uncle Sam for decades. You'd be more likely to get flack for your haircut and clothes in Portland.

i see things
Dec 26, 2008

Sheep-Goats posted:

I'm almost entirely certain that SE Asia has never seen a kid in military gear traveling through for fun.

Target of hostility? What hostility? Even in Vietnam they're more over it than most people in America are and the other countries in the region have either been staunch allies or in the good graces of Uncle Sam for decades. You'd be more likely to get flack for your haircut and clothes in Portland.

jing jing

You don't have to worry about poo poo in Thailand. Especially if you're tall, blonde, with blue eyes. Handsome, na.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

i see things posted:

jing jing

You don't have to worry about poo poo in Thailand. Especially if you're tall, blonde, with blue eyes. Handsome, na.

oh hoooooo narak deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro

Vaya con Dios posted:

Once again I apologize for how neurotic of a thing that is to worry about but if anyone has any experience/opinion on that subject I'd love to hear it. I'm thinking of traveling to Thailand and Vietnam for sure.
In 2003 you'd have to deal with arguments with other backpackers about the Iraq war, but that's about it. These days, nothing. I'm 6'3" and have no hair and I'm built like a small town sheriff, so for some reason every business owner I've worked for here assumes I'm former military (or something crazier) even though I am not in any way affiliated. Even when I was working back in Northern Virginia I used to get that. Still, no one bugs me about anything. Thais particularly could not care less, though I get saluted out of nowhere pretty regularly. I'm sure it's possible that if you decide to backpack Zamboanga on Mindanao you might have some issues, but otherwise I wouldn't think twice about it. I personally don't carry any camo gear because I don't want to enhance whatever thing it is that confuses people about me, but even if you do nothing will happen. Camo became a default fashion option in the last 5 years, so it's totally normal.

ReindeerF fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Nov 15, 2011

Vaya con Dios
Sep 7, 2011

eviljelly posted:

You might want to ask military goons in their thread if you're really neurotic about this - I have no idea how all that works - but I have a hard time figuring out how traveling to SE Asia would create security clearance problems for you. Stay out of Myanmar if you're really paranoid, I guess?

I had to answer a lot of annoying questions about living in australia, so I can't imagine any other country (besides canada maybe) creating less trouble. It's really not something I'm very worried about, but I will definitely check out that thread, thanks.

Thanks guys for replying to me. I'm not to worried about it now. For the record I was not really concerned with the general population not liking americans or being hostile, I just meant like groups to watch out for that might not wish good things on american servicemen...but seeing as I'm not planning on traveling through north korea I should be fine.

Right now my ability to go on this trip hinges on finances Hopefully I'll get it done so I can start planning a trip. Thanks for the help and I'm sure I'll pop in with another stupid question soon.

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro
If someone starts to bug you (the worst possible outcome, really, however unlikely), just bring up the Palestinians and point to some nearby Israelis and then excuse yourself to use the restroom. They will become so distracted by complaining about Israelis that you will be forgotten and free to continue your vacation!

Finch!
Sep 11, 2001

Spatial Awareness?

[ ] Whaleshark

404 Not Found
Honestly, most tourists would prefer to hang out with Americans over Australians. I'm Australian and I hate hanging out with other Australians.

When travelling, particularly in South East Asia, what you do or where you're from is often a conversation starter but is otherwise mostly irrelevant. What matters is attitude and personality. There are tens of thousands, perhaps even hundreds of thousands, of backpackers in South East Asia. They range from the weird, weedy, Coke-bottle-glasses computer nerds to, literally, supermodels and actors - and everything in between. So long as they're good people, they're all friends. Only the morons and arseholes are ostracised.

Cheesemaster200
Feb 11, 2004

Guard of the Citadel

ReindeerF posted:

If someone starts to bug you (the worst possible outcome, really, however unlikely), just bring up the Palestinians and point to some nearby Israelis and then excuse yourself to use the restroom. They will become so distracted by complaining about Israelis that you will be forgotten and free to continue your vacation!

Or just stick to current events and bring up the Greeks. I literally spent hours listening to multiple European travelers rant about how the Greeks are lazy pieces of poo poo and should be kicked out of the Eurozone. American imperialism is so last decade on the European hippie backpacker circuit....

MonkeeKong
May 17, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Todays backpacker tip: get Valium or Xanax before any bus ride. I would probably have loving died on the road between Vang Vieng and Luang Prabang if this old junkie from Bali hadn't handed me a Xanax on the bus.

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro
Today's other backpacker tip: DO NOT TAKE PILLS FROM RANDOM PEOPLE ON THE BUS.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

ReindeerF posted:

Today's other backpacker tip: DO NOT TAKE PILLS FROM RANDOM PEOPLE ON THE BUS.

Commonly known among my personal Bangkok cadre as the Canadian Mistake.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Sheep-Goats posted:

Commonly known among my personal Bangkok cadre as the Canadian Mistake.

That seems extremely risky to me. "Here have a pill I swear it is what I say it is"

Why the Canadian Mistake? Are Canadians more succeptable to that kind of thing?

A Pair of Slacks
May 21, 2007
The past tense of "knit" is "knat"
Kind of a shot in the dark here, speaking of Luang Prabang - I have a potential offer for a job in Laos. I know some people ITT live/have lived in Thailand, but are there any Laos expats here? I've backpacked through Laos a couple times and the job itself sounds pretty good but I don't know what to expect in terms of fellow expats, daily life, etc.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

MA-Horus posted:

I've (probably) over generalized but boy howdy one Canadian I ran in to over there sure was:

"I just thought wow, she [the ladyboy] sure is an interesting and the last thing I remembered was her spoon feeding me some soup like a baby as I lost consciousness..."

[sub]lmbo[sub]

eviljelly
Aug 29, 2004

MA-Horus posted:

That seems extremely risky to me. "Here have a pill I swear it is what I say it is"

I am a Canadian who fed an English girl I met in Thailand some anti-nausea pills I got from Myanmar, with approval from an American dude (he's a nurse). I guess in retrospect it was not a good idea for her.

She felt way better afterwards!

To be fair, the pills were still in the packaging, I was with my girlfriend, and she had a friend babysitting her.

eviljelly
Aug 29, 2004

Oh, I've got my own pill-related backpacker tip: get your pharmaceuticals from Myanmar.

We got a 10-pack of made-in-India (my friends in Hong Kong swear by Indian made pharmaceuticals) ciprofloxacin from a tiny pharmacy in Myanmar for 500 kyat, or about US$0.60 - it seemed to work fine. In Thailand, a 10-pack of made-in-Thailand ciprofloxacin cost 180 baht, or about $6. In the U.S., it would've cost about $20-30 without insurance.

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro

A Pair of Slacks posted:

Kind of a shot in the dark here, speaking of Luang Prabang - I have a potential offer for a job in Laos. I know some people ITT live/have lived in Thailand, but are there any Laos expats here? I've backpacked through Laos a couple times and the job itself sounds pretty good but I don't know what to expect in terms of fellow expats, daily life, etc.
I've got some expat friends in Vientiane, but not LP. The only general things I hear are that it's a bit controlled in some ways, like there's a curfew in LP and there are goofball laws throughout Laos surrounding relationships (most of which shouldn't affect you). The community there is pretty artsy fartsy, though, and is sort of famous for being interesting. The key things I'd ask about are visa particulars, rent costs, utility costs, taxes, power stability, DSL/net access, 3G and so on. I know other things like food won't be an issue. My guess would be that LP's probably fine on all counts.

eviljelly
Aug 29, 2004

Sorry for the nearly-triple-post, but I realized I could ask you jerks this too.

I'm looking for a bicycle for my bike tour starting December 4 (or maaaaaaybe 5). I haven't seen a whole lot on Craigslist, but I'm hoping someone would respond to my wanted ad. Maybe one of you jerks has a suitable bike you want to sell/lend me, or knows someone who does?

http://bangkok.craigslist.co.th/bik/2705032179.html

quote:

I'm looking to start a bike tour of SE Asia starting December 4, and I'd like a bike for it. I'm about 5'10"/177cm and I'm looking for a city/commuter or mountain bike, either with 700c or 27" wheels but 26" would be okay too. I have my own pannier bags and rear rack and all that, but I need to be able to mount the rear rack, of course. I do NOT want disc brakes.

I could also arrange to "rent" your bike for a few months (I could pay you and then you re-buy from me at a much lower price, maybe?). I'm open to anything, as long as I have a nice reliable bike for my 3 month tour.

I'll be in Bangkok around Nov 30 or Dec 1, so I can look at your (hopefully soon to be my!) bike then.

Thanks!

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro

eviljelly posted:

Sorry for the nearly-triple-post, but I realized I could ask you jerks this too.

I'm looking for a bicycle for my bike tour starting December 4 (or maaaaaaybe 5). I haven't seen a whole lot on Craigslist, but I'm hoping someone would respond to my wanted ad. Maybe one of you jerks has a suitable bike you want to sell/lend me, or knows someone who does?

http://bangkok.craigslist.co.th/bik/2705032179.html
Go to Saengthong:

http://th-th.facebook.com/Saengthongbike

You can walk out with a Trek 3900 or a comparable Merida with saddlebags and the whole deal for THB 12000 (about $400). Same setup in town costs you THB 16-20K probably. At the end of your trip you can sell the bike back to someone here pretty easily for 50%. By the time you're here it'll be super-easy to get to. Just take the boat to Nonthaburi Pier and take a motorbike 500m to the corner of Pracha Rat and Nonthaburi Bypass (30 Baht). Or just PM me before you come and I'll take you, it's my local bike shop.

ReindeerF fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Nov 16, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eviljelly
Aug 29, 2004

No poo poo... I'd totes be down for that. If I have no bites on my CL listing in the next week or so, I'd definitely hit you up. Hell yeah!