Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
I hope the surgery goes alright! :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedera Helix
Sep 2, 2011

The laws of the fiesta mean nothing!
Good luck with the surgery, uglynoodles. Hopefully, this thread won't fall off the face of the earth while you're gone...

Viola the Mad
Feb 13, 2010
I hope the surgery goes well, uglynoodles!

paisleyfox
Feb 23, 2009

My dog thinks he's a pretty lady.

Swift recovery, uglynoodles! :ohdear:

Selenite
Feb 17, 2011
I hope that all goes well for you.

PaulyWalnuts
Dec 31, 2007

DJ CIS DAD

uglynoodles posted:

Nope. Frown. Glower. Sulk. Beads.

This is killing me. I really, really hope there are more stories.

Ugly, I want to compliment you on telling really good infuriating nerd stories without sounding like an infuriating nerd yourself. I feel like not too many people can do this since he who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster blah blah blah
You know what I'm saying here.

Read
Dec 21, 2010

Hope you recover well and quickly, looking forward to more stories :3:.

Ziggy Smalls
May 24, 2008

If pain's what you
want in a man,
Pain I can do

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Min refused to speak to Henriette for months, although thankfully she did not tell anyone Henriette raped her.
Is this as literal as it seems? Cause I hope not.

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli
My mate reminded me of an individual who we had the misfortune of knowing; Andrew.
Yonks ago I used to hang around a video games club, an evening of playing a bunch of consoles on a projector and pub dinners afters.

Andrew came by way of Oz who'd I'd bumped into one afternoon and invited over to check out the group. Andrew was in tow as they'd left their classes. Oz was a quiet no nonsense bloke who's main claim to fame was being able to sleep on any hard surface. He'd gotten to known Andrew from his repeated requests for assistance with Java. Oz had built himself a great wall of patience with working with him, but this was wearing thin at the time.

Dance Dance Rage
The DDR scene is where I gathered Andrew had some geek connection to as he had a few things to say about the various groups. He wasn't actually geeky but sort of had developed an interest and latched onto the community. Since the large arcade complex had closed many DDR machines had been sold off to surrounding pubs; resulting in the usually improbable gathering of DDR nerds gathering in a tiny side room of a notorious bikie bar to get their fix.

Rocking up Andrew proceeds to show off his stuff, which was to play the game at some high speed with no arrows showing. But then he made a few misteps and stuffed up. Most normal people would be frustrated, Andrew erupted into a rage that got quite a few heads turning. Oz's response was to roll his eyes, this apparently was a common thing. Oz quickly suggested we grab a coffee instead.

...in which I become a superhuman
Perhaps he was burning through the adrenaline rush but he started laying on the flattery in thick swathes. In his eyes the combined fact of me studying design, greeting a girl from my class who happened to be at the same cafe and carrying an apparently super hot mug of coffee elevated me above all humans. Despite the reality that at the time I was frequently compared to looking like a burnt out Eric Stoltz from Pulp Fiction.

Oz seemed nonplussed at this, I began to suspect this was all too common an occurrence as at one point Oz told him to be quiet when he started up something about a Jewish conspiracy.

...in which Andrew thinks we could be
Oz had to head off (lucky bastard) so I took Andrew over to the club. Along the way he opens up a bit. Namely on the idea that humans are distantly related to seraphim's and that we could have some sort of mystical power. I think he considered himself to be one.

How to get banned from a group of nerds
One major draw to the video game club was that unlike other communities this didn't have much of a hugbox environment. We hated petty drama and given it was a competitive environment really didn't want people falling out over friendly games.

At the worst was some kid who'd won some Metroid competition and figured himself be some sort of Fata1ty, complete with buying shirts and hoodies with his gamertag. No one really cared and he quietly sat in a corner tapping away on his DS.

Anyone who'd get a bit too out of hand was quietly asked to skip a week. To date there's only been two bannings; a guy who threatened to use his Bokken on someone and Andrew.

Andrew was banned for being over enthusiastic. Imagine the intense joy that only a kid being given free reign to a toy store has and apply that to a 28 year old man.
The main draw was fighting games, Soul Calibre and some Naruto import. These proved to be utterly facinating to Andrew who very enthusiastically responded to the events on screen. "AHHAAHA DID YA loving SEE WHAT HE DID!! :v: WHOOO!!!" And other variations. He was told to cut it out, but barely contained it.

He eventually got banned after throwing some shitfit over loosing a round and the head of the club, sick of warning him every week, plainly stated he wasn't welcome.

On women
One week while looking for an quick escape from Andrew's latest wave of enthusiasm. I indicated to James a food run was in need. He agreed. Andrew caught us leaving and dashed to join us. "Thank god!" someone exclaimed. Through the mall Andrew decides that it's best to vocally point out women and graphically describe what he'd like to do to them. It was clear he'd never been with a girl as everything was very fantastical. Not wanting to be clobbered we told him to shut it.
We later abandoned him at KFC's while he waited for them to get his chips, just to escape a repeat performance on the way back.

Ad infiinium
Andrew's returns were dreaded by many. When he'd tried to strike up conversation everyone was either overwhelmed by how intense he was or just baffled by why he was raving about something really common in gaming. It was if he'd figured by being enthusiastic about it he'd gain respect; along with constantly flattering people over little things.

This was often punctuated by intense bouts of self loathing that we eventually got fed up with once we'd realized he wasn't going to throw himself off a balcony anytime soon. A pyche student suggested he'd likely was suffering from some form of mania. Apparently taking speed slowed him down.

Was the banning harsh? I think when you take into account he's 28, hanging out with guys who were around 16 to mid 20's and managing to be less mature in his behavior, to the point where attendance was dropping as no one could stand being around him, there's a fair argument that it was.

Morzox
Oct 29, 2011

FEAR FOR YOUR SOUL

Im That One Guy posted:

Is this as literal as it seems? Cause I hope not.

It's a joke, dude, Min's the pathological liar who accused someone else of raping her when he was generally believed to have absolutely not.

YJT
Oct 27, 2010

Ograbme posted:

A social superior sexually assaulting a teenage girl (once while she's dressed as his mother, once after he hid in the closet to watch her strip naked, and once while disguised as a woman :freud:) and keeps her trapped in a house until she agrees to bang him has some rapey implications.

Plus he calls her a "sauce-box".

I wasn't defending the character or his actions, just confirming the books they were talking about were probably the same one.

thenotoriouspie
Feb 28, 2010
SUPREME
GOON HERO
-2011-

(hell yes)
:hist101:
Have a good recovery noodles. Love the stories!

Absolute Lithops
Aug 28, 2011

After one long season
of waiting, after one
long season of wanting

SullivanPRIME posted:

If thats what it takes to ruin something you like, then I'd suggest getting off of the internet ASAP, cause the rest of your interests aren't going to last much longer.
Oh, it's not ruined forever. No, eventually I'll get used to the idea of Bondage Weasel Haku. Just like I got used to the idea of Tommy Pickles raping Angelica, and Leela un-birthing Amy :smith:

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
OP, I'm loving this thread. Thank you so much for sharing with us.

I would like you (or a mutual friend, if you and Denise are no longer on speaking terms) to recommend this dating sim to her. Why this particular game? Because it features a sexy demon guy who turns out to be legitimately and unecquivocally hosed up. Seriously, if you pursue his romance plot, he tries to kill you and use your soul as fuel for his magical ritual to ascend to demonic princehood. And you can still pursue him after that. I bet he'll at least become part of her harem, if not take Sepiroth's place. Pretty please?

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~

Absolute Lithops posted:

Oh, it's not ruined forever. No, eventually I'll get used to the idea of Bondage Weasel Haku.
Do you ever browse Pixiv?

(don't)

Mongoose Face
Jan 16, 2008

sure they are just guys waving there guns around but that is what people are going to go watch

froglet posted:

Funny enough, yes. :stare:

I think the weirdest thing is that she's not the first person I've heard of changing her name to Lily and naming her son Severus. :catstare:

Holy hell. Lily is one of my friends on facebook and she nearly killed a very good friend of mine by making her ride an unbroken and abused horse.

I also like the story where she apparently got accepted into a university fashion design course, but quit because she was 'so advanced it was boring.' In reality, the teacher saw one of her cosplays, asked the hell how it was even held together and she quit from shame.

Viola the Mad
Feb 13, 2010

Mongoose Face posted:

Holy hell. Lily is one of my friends on facebook and she nearly killed a very good friend of mine by making her ride an unbroken and abused horse.

I also like the story where she apparently got accepted into a university fashion design course, but quit because she was 'so advanced it was boring.' In reality, the teacher saw one of her cosplays, asked the hell how it was even held together and she quit from shame.

How is this person a friend??

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

Mongoose Face posted:

I've heard of Lily and I've actually heard the horse story as well. Crazy poo poo.

Just out of curiosity, do you have any stories of her? I've heard she's a pile of drama.

ShadowCatboy
Jan 22, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Mongoose Face posted:

Good lord. Don't suppose you'd be willing to elaborate on the horse story?

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

ahahaha everybody in Sweden or w/e knows the same crazy anime humans

FoulWeatherFriend
Apr 10, 2006

Huh, okay...

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

poo poo, you too? drat, I really should get to writing up a post on those guys. My info on them is mostly out of date though.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

Frankly I am not that surprised as I've noticed that the Swedish anime convention circle isn't that big with everyone knowing pretty much everyone.
And while I admit that might not be the case fully I'd hazard a guess that at least some people met them via conventions and such.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I had to go back a few pages, but the person they're talking about is Australian. Presumably though the Australian anime circles are still small enough that essentially every regular knows about everyone else.

Twiggy Johnson
Jun 10, 2011

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

This thread reminds me that all chatroom rp/chat rp has the (high) possibility of being insane. As much so if not more than tabletop.

Why's it so hard for people to just have a little pretend fun time to get rid of excess creativity without patchwork bear things BDSM/raping wolves coming into the mix? Why? :smith: Or thousand-dicked tentacle monsters that suddenly want to rape my character? I never did go back to that loving group.

Jesus, this. Back in the mid-90s when we first got internet I spent a bit of time in some IRC roleplaying channels. This one woman(?) was constantly pulling me into private rooms and attempting to steer things into cybering. I was in highschool and mostly uninterested in sex so it took me several excursions to realize what was happening. That was the last time I used IRC.

I never got to meet any crazy japanimation anime people since I lost interest right as it became wildly popular and available. Reading this thread makes me feel like I missed out. :(

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Twiggy Johnson posted:

I was in highschool and mostly uninterested in sex

I never knew this was possible.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

gnarlyhotep posted:

I never knew this was possible.

High school is weird and stressful, and some people are just late bloomers to boot. Or he had way too many AP classes and never would have the spare time to do anything fun or physical at all ever because that time is for studying drat it :suicide:

Twiggy Johnson
Jun 10, 2011

GenericOverusedName posted:

High school is weird and stressful, and some people are just late bloomers to boot. Or he had way too many AP classes and never would have the spare time to do anything fun or physical at all ever because that time is for studying drat it :suicide:

Yup, all that plus a naturally low sex drive. Now I'm thirty and only marginally interested in sex.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

I knew a guy who was a giant fan of a country and its culture. He obsessively talked about that thing, defended all slights against it, and was going to move there so he could immerse himself in their glorious, perfect culture and learn true civilization. The only things he read were books about that country, that culture, for he was otaku in its spergiest form. Words from that land, he pronounced in what I'm sure he felt was the proper accent. You know the type.

And you might think "yes yes, another weeaboo" but you would be wrong. Tory was otaku for Great Britain.

To illustrate, Prince William and his wife were in Ottawa for Canada Day. I'm ok with the monarchy, it's nice to have them around even if they're useless. But Tory was so goddamn amped, and he got really upset when we were all apathetic to Wills and Kate, we couldn't help but push his buttons. He started ranting that we should honour William now because he will be our King one day and it would be treasonous not to bow and scrape at that point. He earnestly believed that if the Queen told him to fetch her some tea, he would have to do it or be locked up in the Tower of London or something. So, we put him to a question.

Elizabeth the Second, Queen of Canada, tells you, a loyal subject, that you can absolutely avert a global war which would plunge humanity into an unending darkness, but you must have sex with her to do this. Would you gently caress Liz in her wrinkly rear end to save humanity? :britain:

Tory started freaking out, telling us it was disgusting to talk about Her Highness that way, because she is the Queen and you shouldn't ever disrespect her that way. She is the living history of England and you debase the entire country, etc, etc. Me, I think I would take the bullet. But Tory was so grossed out, he would doom us all to defend her honour. That selfish prick. We brought it up a few more times, and I think he ran off and cried one time, especially once the English immigrant we worked with started slamming the Royals as well. He couldn't understand how someone who had lived in the SAME CITY OMG could think so little of the Windsors. :nyoron:

He is now studying at Cambridge in Faire Brittania. Before he left, I told him I fully expected him to get the poo poo kicked out of him by a pack of chavs and the constabulary would find his corpse in an alley with a Burberry jacket stuffed down his throat. He took this as a sign that I was a secret Briton like him and barraged me with questions about that perfect, unsullied land.

But hey, he's your problem now, UK goons. He'll be easy enough to identify. He's 6', 300lbs, has a patchy neckbeard which he says makes him look like King George V but really just makes him look like a goon.

e: if it's not topical enough, pretend all this was about the Prince Naruhito coming to Canada, the question being about whether or not he would bone the Empress, and how Tory thinks his beard makes him look like Tokugawa Ieyasu.

Blade_of_tyshalle fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Nov 16, 2011

Ograbme
Jul 26, 2003

D--n it, how he nicks 'em
What the christ a Canadian monarchist? Now I don't feel so bad for basing my Anglophilia entirely on Mitchel&Webb and Doctor Who.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Ograbme posted:

What the christ a Canadian monarchist? Now I don't feel so bad for basing my Anglophilia entirely on Mitchel&Webb and Doctor Who.

I actually don't see what's so surprising about monarchists existing in countries still formally ruled by monarchies. An American or German monarchist would be much weirder.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Install Gentoo posted:

I actually don't see what's so surprising about monarchists existing in countries still formally ruled by monarchies. An American or German monarchist would be much weirder.

You'd think so, but loads of all y'all came to London to see William and Kate get married. Then again, they represent the fairy tale monarchy, not the mean old tea stealing one.

SadWhaleFamily
May 1, 2007

Barry Foster posted:

Then again, they represent the fairy tale monarchy, not the mean old tea stealing one.

Surely, Wills and Kate are guilty of stealing.

Our hearts :swoon:

Experto Crede
Aug 19, 2008

Keep on Truckin'
Ask me about being best friends with an Egg

So, in secondary school I was socially awkward. But then, I guess we all are in a way at that point in our lives. Basically couple standard awkwardness with being introverted and overweight and you don't have a good mix for making friends.

At my school there was another boy named John who was also socially awkward, overweight and nerdy. We hit it off and became friends.

Something John centred his whole life around was his asperger's syndrome (medically diagnosed in this instance, but he acted just as bad as the self-diagnosed internet ones) and he would use this as an excuse for everything. Stopped taking subjects he didn't like, spent all lessons drawing or browsing deviantart. A teacher once told him to stop drawing and do some work, and he howled like a loon and ripped up his work book.

At this time John had a secret identity. An egg. His alter-ego was an egg. This egg, if memory doesn't fail me, was the despotic emperor of a distant galactic empire (It was never established if he was from a long time ago, however :v:) who came to earth to live with a vampire. That vampire was me. I'll admit I was a pathetic teen loner of the types you see all about on the internet, and I have no justification for it.

I, however grew out of this, and stopped hanging out as much with John, because I was starting to blossom as a person and come out of my shell, while he kept the same loner tendencies.

At this time, a change occurred, however. A change so horrifying that it would eventually consume him and corrupt the boy within.

To be continued :gonk:

(Sorry for thread jacking but this guy transforms from teen outcast to something much worse, and the world needs to know!)

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl

Experto Crede posted:

Ask me about being best friends with an Egg

So, in secondary school I was socially awkward. But then, I guess we all are in a way at that point in our lives. Basically couple standard awkwardness with being introverted and overweight and you don't have a good mix for making friends.

At my school there was another boy named John who was also socially awkward, overweight and nerdy. We hit it off and became friends.

Something John centred his whole life around was his asperger's syndrome (medically diagnosed in this instance, but he acted just as bad as the self-diagnosed internet ones) and he would use this as an excuse for everything. Stopped taking subjects he didn't like, spent all lessons drawing or browsing deviantart. A teacher once told him to stop drawing and do some work, and he howled like a loon and ripped up his work book.

At this time John had a secret identity. An egg.

We already know about Two Worlds

GidgetNomates
May 6, 2010

I love this hobby:
stealing your mother's diary

Experto Crede posted:

(Sorry for thread jacking but this guy transforms from teen outcast to something much worse, and the world needs to know!)

I am absurdly interested in seeing where this is going.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Experto Crede posted:

At this time, a change occurred, however. A change so horrifying that it would eventually consume him and corrupt the boy within.

Go on... :stare:

Maximusi
Nov 11, 2007

Haters gonna hate
Who the hell fantasizes about being an egg? Really?

Read
Dec 21, 2010

Uglynoodles amazing illustrations plus her stories, combined with readers adding their own is making this a great thread :>.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Install Gentoo posted:

I kind of feel the opposite. I find it more natural that they would be interested in the monarchy because they don't know what it's like having one.
(Germans, you can have our royal family back if you just ask for it)

Experto Crede posted:

At this time John had a secret identity. An egg. His alter-ego was an egg.

I, however grew out of this, and stopped hanging out as much with John, because I was starting to blossom as a person and come out of my shell, while he kept the same loner tendencies.
I am looking forward to more puns like this in the clearly going-to-be-fascinating story of Eggman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

Experto Crede posted:

Actually write your post and then post it

• Locked thread